If you are heading to Anfield for Liverpool's pre-season friendly against Torino tonight, here is some useful information to plan your route to the game and to help you enjoy the pre-match build-up.
Before you travel
- New for the 2018-19 season: LFC street food vendors located outside the stadium on Skerries and Venmore Road will be cashless. If you wish to pay with cash, food can be bought from outlets in Paisley Square, the Family Park and inside the stadium.
- Beat the queues: The club is continuing to invest in technology to improve the matchday experience and has introduced a click and collect facility on all concourses. If you want to avoid queues at half-time you can pre-order your food and drink for collection. Download the app at Anfield.SeatServe.com to be able to pre-order and collect your refreshments at a time that suits you.
- Your health and safety is paramount: For everyone’s safety there is a list of items which you can/cannot bring into the stadium. Please check this list carefully before you travel. Take a look at our guide to see if your bag is suitable.
Travelling to Anfield
- Plan your route in advance. We have worked with local transport operators to help make matchday travel more convenient for you, making getting to the game on public transport much easier.
- To see the available transport options, including express matchday services and information on road closures around the stadium, please click here.
- Arrive at the stadium at least 45 minutes before kick-off to ensure there’s enough time for you to get to your seat and enjoy the pre-match build-up.
- Road closure times will also be in place before kick-off for the whole of the 2018-19 season. Anfield Road will close four hours before kick-off, when automatic bollards will be in operation. Walton Breck Road will close 90 minutes prior to kick-off and will then re-open 15 minutes after kick-off. The road will then remain open until 15 minutes before the end of the game, re-opening approximately 45 minutes after the game ends.
- Allow enough time for security checks which may include random searches. We recommend you don’t bring bags to the stadium. Small personal bags (i.e. handbag/medical bag) will be searched and tagged before entry. Bringing a bag may delay your entry and may lead to non-entry to the stadium.
- Please do not bring large bags or luggage (such as rucksacks/briefcases/suitcases/suit bags etc.) to Anfield as they cannot be brought into the stadium. Take a look at our guide to see if your bag is suitable.
Upon arrival at Anfield
- Vehicles with a valid smartcard or permit for LFC-operated car parks will be allowed to park in the Anfield area on a matchday.
- The ticket office will be busy prior to this game so we recommend that you collect any tickets at least 90 minutes before kick-off.
- If you are collecting tickets from the ticket office at Anfield, including hospitality tickets, we advise you to bring photo ID in the form of passport, driving licence or ID card, or a household bill showing name and address. If you are collecting tickets bought in the local general sale, supporters must provide photo ID and proof of address.
- Our pre-match build-up will begin four hours before kick-off when Anfield’s Fan Zone located in Paisley Square and the Family Park on Anfield Road will open. Here you can try Anfield’s take on street food, entertainment and meet with fellow Reds to enjoy the special atmosphere before the game.
- You can enjoy pre-match entertainment right up until kick-off in the Family Park on Anfield Road. Open to all fans with a ticket to the game, this area is ideal for fans looking for live music, food and drinks. To see more about our Fan Zones, please click here.
Accessing the stadium
- Check which stand and turnstile you will need to use to enter the stadium. To see a map of the stadium and entrance turnstiles, please click here. If you think you’ll need some assistance finding your seat, print off the map before you travel or speak to our fan support team who’ll be located around the stadium to help you.
- To access the stadium, simply enter your ticket/card into the reader at your designated turnstile.
- For more information on how to find your seat, please click here.
- If you have any queries, please visit our Getting to Anfield guide here.
We look forward to welcoming you at Anfield.