Catch up on another busy month of Academy football with our review of the key events for Liverpool's youngsters during October.

The Reds' U23s, U19 and U18 sides were all in action with a series of mixed results.

Here's our round-up of October's action...

Controversy in Napoli...

Liverpool U19s were denied a UEFA Youth League victory in Italy after an extraordinary equaliser in the fourth minute of stoppage time.

On a difficult surface, Bobby Adekanye had given the young Reds the lead before leaving the field with an injury.

Deep into stoppage time a throw-in was awarded - and there were three balls on the pitch as Napoli launched an attack and levelled the scores.

Reflecting on the incredible climax to the match, U19s boss Barry Lewtas told "Obviously the ending, you have to laugh about it because you might start crying.

"I have never seen anything like it. It kind of happened in slow motion. It was really disappointing."

Glatzel at the double

Paul Glatzel continued his prolific campaign by netting twice in a 3-0 away win at Wolves for the U18s.

Glatzel's second goal came following a stunning overhead kick assist from Rhys Williams, with the forward finishing emphatically.

Elijah Dixon-Bonner was also on the mark with a superb effort from distance.

Williams clinches dramatic win v Red Star

Liverpool U19s returned to winning ways in the Youth League when a stoppage-time goal gave them a 2-1 victory over Red Star Belgrade at St Helens.

Despite carving out some glorious opportunities, the young Reds found themselves a goal down when Dejan Joveljic netted 15 minutes from time.

Adam Lewis then saw a penalty saved before Rafael Camacho levelled the scores with a spectacular strike.

In injury time, Lewis made amends when his superb delivery was met by Williams, who powered his header into the net.

Watch the latest Academy Show on LFCTV GO

Young Reds edged out by Rams in five-goal thriller

Isaac Christie-Davies netted a superb first goal in a red shirt as the U23s lost 3-2 to Derby County at the Academy.

Matty Virtue had slotted home the opening goal from close range following an excellent cross from Lewis.

Christie-Davies then had an effort hacked off the line before the Rams levelled.

The away side would go 2-1 up, with Christie-Davies then equalising in fine fashion.

However, the Rams were to have the final say as Louie Sibley took advantage of a fortuitous ricochet to net a late winner.

Luckless Lewis hits the woodwork twice as U23s lose at Blackburn

Neil Critchley's side suffered a 2-1 defeat away at Blackburn Rovers in their final Premier League 2 outing of the month.

A slow start from the Reds saw the home side gain an early 2-0 lead, before Liam Millar missed a great chance by heading over the top from close range.

Virtue grabbed a goal back after a superb effort from Camacho was pushed onto the bar, and Liverpool fought hard to get an equaliser.

Twice Lewis went close from free-kicks when he hit the bar and then the post.

Kamil Grabara saved a late Blackburn penalty before the young Reds' goalkeeper almost grabbed an unlikely equaliser when he headed over the bar with the last action of the game.