Ralf Rangnick says that RB Leipzig are yet to receive any offers for Timo Werner and has encouraged the striker to stay put this summer.
The Germany international could be set to leave Leipzig after refusing to extend his current deal which expires in June 2020.
Both Bayern Munich and Liverpool are thought to be interested in Werner, who joined the club from Bundesliga rivals Stuttgart in 2016.
But Rangnick, who will leave his current position of manager on June 30 to become Red Bull's Head of Sport and Development Soccer, claims that clubs are yet to register interest in the forward.
“Timo is of the opinion that he does not want to extend the contract,” he told Kicker (per Goal).
“So far, no club has reported their interest or said they would speak with Timo and want to sign him.
"It's not a good idea for Timo to go into the final year of his contract, which could be difficult for his relationship with the fans depending on how his performance turns out."
The 23-year-old has managed 61 goals in 114 appearances for Leipzig and has established himself as one of the best young strikers in Germany.
He scored 16 goals and registered nine assists in the Bundesliga last season to help his side finish third, behind Bayern and Borussia Dortmund.
And Rangnick believes that Werner should remain with the German outfit and has encouraged the forward to pen a new deal.
"My opinion is that Timo fits best here, also in terms of style of play,” he added.
“If I were his advisor or father, I would clearly advise him to stay and extend his contract.
“When a really big club comes in for him and he wants to leave, he can still do that.”
Source: Daily Mirror
This story has been reproduced from the media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.