LFC Foundation has launched a new series of virtual employability events as part of its successful Works programme.
The ‘Works: Careers Uncovered’ series provides participants with the opportunity to hear from industry leaders in a range of different fields, including sports, hospitality, arts and business.
Professionals from organisations such as the BBC, England Rugby League, Institute of Directors and the Football Association will talk candidly about their career journeys, provide an understanding of how they got to their current position, and offer advice and inspiration to those wanting to achieve success in their chosen careers.
The creation of the ‘Works: Careers Uncovered’ series is part of LFC Foundation’s community response to the COVID-19 pandemic, which continues to have a substantial impact on many areas, including employment.
Matt Parish, director of LFC Foundation, said: “Our new ‘Works: Careers Uncovered’ series continues our aim of providing employability advice, guidance and opportunities for our communities across the Liverpool City Region.
“We have an array of fantastic contributors in this series who will be a source of inspiration to many and I would like to thank them all and the Steve Morgan Foundation, whose funding has made this series possible.”
Two successful events from the series have already taken place and received positive feedback.
One hundred per cent of participants who attended the ‘Coaching at Liverpool Football Club’ virtual event, with guests including first-team goalkeeping coach John Achterberg, said they felt inspired after attending and were impressed by the high calibre of the guest speakers.
LFC Foundation’s ‘Works: Careers Uncovered’ virtual events will be taking place every Tuesday and Thursday from 11am to 12pm for the next three weeks. If you would like to join and uncover some inspirational career journeys from a range of inspirational figures from different industries, please click here to register for the next event.
Tuesday February 2 - LFC behind the scenes
- David Roberts (Senior manager, grounds management, Liverpool FC)
- Phil Egan (Stores manager, Liverpool FC)
- Andrew Powell (Senior specialist, photography, Liverpool FC)
Thursday February 4 - LFC hospitality
- Craig Roe (Bootroom manager, Liverpool FC)
- Ben Darracott (Front of house manager, Liverpool FC)
- Tim Adams (Manager, head production chef, Liverpool FC)
Tuesday February 9 - Liverpool Creative
- Andy Kent (CEO, Angel Solutions)
- Gavin Sherrat (MD, Mashbo)
Thursday February 11 - Sport
- Chris Kirkland (LFC Foundation community representative)
- Shaun Wane (Head coach of England Rugby League)
- Zuleikha Chikh (FA Women’s Leadership Programme, CEO UCLAN student services)
Tuesday February 16 - Hospitality and careers
- Paul Askew (CEO, Art School)
- David Wafer (Chair, Institute of Directors - MD, Mciver Scott Recruitment Company)
- Courtney Wakes (Arc Hospitality)
Thursday February 18 - Disability and inclusion
- Tom Walker (Freelance BBC reporter)
- Matt Pounder (Inclusion and Equality executive, Premier League Charitable Fund)
- Aaron Moon (First amputee parachute instructor in the UK - PDRL Player - personal trainer)