Borussia Dortmund have confirmed Neven Subotic has been released from training to hold transfer talks and said reported Liverpool target Jakub 'Kuba' Blaszczykowski's future will be discussed in the coming days.

Subotic, 27, announced late last month that he had decided to leave Dortmund having dropped down the pecking order after Thomas Tuchel replaced Jürgen Klopp as coach last year.

On Thursday, a message on Dortmund's official Twitter account read: "Neven Subotic was freed from training to hold talks with a potential new club."

Cologne have already confirmed their interest in Subotic but said a deal may be difficult financially.

Kicker had reported earlier on Thursday that Dortmund are seeking around €10 million for the Serb and said that could mean he is set to move to the Premier League.

Subotic has previously been linked with Liverpool, where Klopp is preparing for his first full season in charge, and the former Dortmund coach has also been credited with an interest in Poland international Blaszczykowski.

The 30-year-old winger, who spent last season on loan at Fiorentina, is under contract at Dortmund until 2018 but his future at the Westfalenstadion remains unclear, and Bild reported on Thursday that he is a target for Liverpool. 

Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc told Bild: "Kuba [Blaszczykowski] is a BVB player. We will talk about his future in the next few days."

Blaszczykowski starred for Poland at Euro 2016, although he missed the deciding penalty in the quarter-final shootout loss to Portugal.

Source: ESPN

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Liverpool target Dinamo Zagreb teenager