Ki-Jana Hoever became the fourth-youngest goalscorer in Liverpool's history with his header at Milton Keynes Dons on Wednesday night.
The Dutch defender powered in the Reds’ second of the match during a 2-0 Carabao Cup victory at Stadium MK – a first senior goal for the club on just his second competitive appearance.
Only Ben Woodburn, Michael Owen and Jordan Rossiter have opened their account for Liverpool at a younger age.
Liverpool's youngest ever goalscorers
- Ben Woodburn (17 years, one month and 14 days) – v Leeds United, November 2016
- Michael Owen (17 years, four months and 22 days) – v Wimbledon, May 1997
- Jordan Rossiter (17 years, five months and 30 days) – v Middlesbrough, September 2014
- Ki-Jana Hoever (17 years, eight months and seven days) – v MK Dons, September 2019
- Raheem Sterling (17 years, 10 months and 12 days) – v Reading, October 2012