Why has the decision been made to randomly select 200 supporters to collect their tickets?
The Club is continuing to look at ways to improve how tickets are sold and allocated, and address some of the ticket touting issues. Selecting 200 supporters at random gives us visibility on the processes for a good cross section of our travelling supporters.
Will this be for every game?
Yes, as long as the host city and collection venue can provide a safe environment to do so.
When will the selection process take place?
Once the main sales have ended, a random selection process will take place.
When will I be notified?
We will contact supporters within a week following the end of the sale.
How will I be notified if I am selected to collect?
- We will send an initial email and SMS to the lead booker. Click here to check your contact details and update if necessary, prior to purchasing your ticket(s). The lead booker must inform each supporter within the booking that they will be required to collect their own ticket in the host city.
- A 2nd email will be sent to the lead booker ahead of the game with full details of the collection point. The lead booker must forward this email to each supporter within the booking as each supporter must produce this email along with their identification when collecting.
- A 2nd SMS will also be sent to the lead booker as notification that the collection details have been emailed.
My booking has been selected for collection; how do I notify the other supporters in the booking so that they have all of the relevant information?
Please forward the notification email to each supporter within the booking as they must provide a copy upon collection, along with their identification.
If I made the booking and I am selected to collect, will the other supporters within the booking attending the game also have to collect?
Yes, all supporters within the same booking will be required to collect their ticket within the host city.
If somebody else purchased my ticket, will I still have to collect in the host city and how will I be notified?
Yes. If the lead booker is selected to collect, each supporter within the booking will be required to collect their own ticket in the host city. The person who purchased your ticket (lead booker) must notify you.
Will international supporters still have to collect their tickets?
Yes, this process will remain the same as for all previous games.
Will Hospitality Members and disabled supporters be included in this process?
Hospitality Members and disabled supporters will also be included during the random selection process and all supporters within the booking will be required to collect.
What ID is required to collect tickets?
- Each supporter must provide a copy of the collection email which will be sent to the lead booker prior to the game
AND one of the following:
- Valid Photocard Driver's Licence
- Valid Passport plus proof of address, e.g. a utility bill dated within the last 6 months
- National Identity Card or Citizen Card
Can I change the details provided at the time of the booking for the supporter attending, as they now cannot attend?
No, changes cannot be made to the booking once the purchase is complete.
What happens if I don’t collect my ticket either from Anfield or in the host City?
Your purchase will be removed from your record with no refund issued.
I’ve been charged for special delivery, but have now been selected to collect my ticket, will I receive a refund?
Yes, the special delivery fee will be refunded automatically.
I have been selected to collect and there is more than one ticket within the booking, do we all have to turn up together to collect?
No, you can collect your ticket individually with the required ID.
Why isn’t the Club doing more to combat ticket touting?
Ticket touting does not have a one size fits all solution and the Club is progressively taking steps in different aspects of our ticketing processes to cut down on the number of tickets that end up illegally touted.