Fans attending Liverpool FC's victory parade on Sunday after winning the Champions League should note the following information to help you plan your day and make the most of the event.
The parade is scheduled to begin at 4pm BST.
The route starts at Allerton Maze and will travel northbound on Queens Drive towards the Fiveways roundabout and Rocket flyover. From there it will journey along the following.
- Queens Drive
- Mill Bank
- West Derby Road
- Leeds Street
- The Strand
- Route finishes at Blundell Street
You can follow the progress of the team bus here.
- Fans should be aware that the team bus won’t be stopping, so take advantage of the full length of the route from Queens Drive all the way to The Strand.
- Decide which part of the route you want to wait at and arrive in plenty of time.
- Be patient – it is impossible to predict how long it will take the team bus to travel along the route.
- There is no best place to view the parade, plan your journey ahead and pick where you would like to view the parade.
- Plan ahead to ensure you can get to the parade and home again.
- If you live along or close to the route, stay local and walk or cycle. This means you can avoid a busy transport network.
- If you have to travel, use public transport wherever possible, but consider that trains and buses will be running to a Sunday timetable with some rail services affected by engineering works, and bus services will be disrupted as a result of parade road closures. Check before you travel.
- On the Sunday, Merseyrail will have an amended timetable in place. James St and Lime Street (low-level) stations will be closed all day, as will Green Lane, Bromborough Rake and Capenhurst on the Wirral line.
- For passengers travelling in Liverpool city centre, Northern line trains will call at Moorfields only and Wirral line trains will call at Liverpool Central only.
- Mersey Ferries will be running a shuttle service from 3pm, with the last service back to Seacombe at 7.30pm.
- Visit Merseytravel or follow @merseytravel for the latest travel information.
- Please do not bring any flares, pyrotechnics or smoke bombs to the parade – the use of pyrotechnics poses serious risk of injury to fellow fans and serious health risks.
- Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated – everyone wants to see the parade, please be patient and considerate of your fellow fans.
Liverpool FC would like to thank supporters in advance who show their support in a friendly, respectful and considerate manner.
If you are unable to attend the parade you can also watch it live across LFC’s official Twitter, Facebook and YouTube channels. You can also watch live coverage of the parade on LFCTV – Sky channel 425 and Virgin Media channel 544 – or on LFCTV GO. Coverage will begin at 3.45pm BST.