Atletico Madrid vs Liverpool FC Tuesday February 18 Kick-off 21:00 CET
Liverpool Football Club appreciates the dedication and loyalty of our travelling fans. In this document you’ll find some general advice and information which you may find helpful when planning your trip.
- Kick-off is at 21:00hrs local time (20:00hrs GMT). Turnstiles will open at 19:00 CET (two hours before kick-off). Madrid is one hour ahead of the UK (+1 BST).
- Liverpool FC seats are allocated at the north end of the stadium.
- Fans must always be in possession of photographic ID. It will only be checked at the stadium if individuals come to the attention of the authorities due to conduct.
- Please be aware that there will be three ticket check points at the stadium where body searches (pat-downs) will be conducted.
- There will be no organised live screening of the match in the fan meeting areas. Supporters without tickets are therefore urged not to travel to the game as the match is a sell-out
Wanda Metropolitano, Av. de Luis Aragonés, 4, 28022 Madrid Spain
- Plaza Mayor, this is in the centre of Madrid and an iconic tourist location surrounded by numerous bars and restaurants.
- The nearest station to the meeting point is Sol Metro. Metro line 2 (red line) will take you on to the required Metro line 5 (green line), changing at Ventas Metro – Highlighted on the map to the right.
- The nearest station to the stadium for LFC supporters is Canillejas on Metro Line 5 (green line) – Highlighted on the map to the right.
- The journey time from the fan meeting point to the stadium is approximately 25 minutes via the Metro and 20-minute walk from Metro to the stadium.
- The recommended route for supporters to reach the Metropolitano Stadium is Madrid metro. CLICK HERE for a downloadable map of the Metro
- You are advised to arrive at Canillejas station on Line 5 (green line) and walk to the stadium from there.
- Metro operating hours are 06:00-01:30hrs and is the recommended travel option post-match too.
- There will be no public parking facilities available at or near the stadium for private cars and coaches.
Getting to the stadium – Walking route from station
At the Stadium
- Turnstiles will open at 19:00 CET
- Please arrive early at the stadium to allow enough time for necessary security checks and bag searches
- Small backpacks up to a maximum size of 10x20x25cm will be allowed into the stadium. Please be advised that there is no bag drop facility available at the stadium
- Stadium access will be from gates 23 & 24 and walk up steps to Upper Levels North Stand
- LFC seats are allocated in the North Stand Upper Blocks 313-319 and 413-419. There is a curtain net to prevent articles being thrown in front of the away sector
- Flags/Banners measuring 3m x 2m are permitted. Any oversized flags must be approved by LFC. Please send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 7th February 2020
- The stadium accepts both card and cash payments
- Alcohol will not be served in the stadium.
Information for Disabled Supporters
- Wheelchair users and their personal assistants have been allocated North Stand Block 218 Level +2 (street level). Entry will be through gate 27.
- The stadium itself is accessible with low-shelved refreshment kiosks and accessible toilets.
- Madrid Metro is accessible with trains suitable for wheelchairs. It is recommended that disabled and ambulant supporters use Estadio Metropolitano Metro station. This provides direct lift access to the stadium at ground floor level.
- The journey time is approximately 30-40 minutes from central Madrid.
- If arriving by taxi, supporters should be dropped off at North Street where a lift takes supporters to ground floor level.
- There are no parking facilities available at the stadium.
- There are six accessible toilets behind the away supporter platform.
Atletico Madrid is kindly offering a 40% discount on their stadium tour. Should you wish to book a tour, please use the link below and promotional code:
It is prohibited to bring items into the stadium that can be thrown or shot either onto the pitch or into the stands or that may otherwise disturb or endanger peace, order and safety in the stadium. See below for an extensive list of forbidden items.
- Entering, carrying or using any kind of weapons like fire weapons, knives, glass bottles, rocks, umbrellas with metal pointed ends or any objects that could produce the same effects is expressly prohibited.
- Bringing large objects like baby buggies, luggage or any kind of objects that could obstruct the access or the evacuation routes is expressly prohibited.
- Introducing or carrying objects exceeding 500 grams that could be used as projectiles like rigid food items, bottled beverages or their containers, and packages is expressly prohibited.
- Bringing in or being in possession of flares, firecrackers, explosives or any kind of flammable or corrosive pyrotechnic equipment is expressly prohibited.
- Bringing in or selling any kind of alcoholic beverage, narcotics, hallucinogenics and stimulants or being under the influence of alcoholic beverages, narcotic, stimulants drugs or psychotropic substances is expressly prohibited.
- Bringing in, displaying or producing banners, flags, symbols or other insignias that incite to violence or terrorism is expressly prohibited.
- Bringing in or using any kind of element that can disrupt the game, like balls or whistles, is expressly prohibited.
- Disguising or camouflaging oneself, particularly the face in any way that prevents recognition by the authorities is expressly prohibited.
- Bringing in animals, with the exception of assistance/guide dogs is expressly prohibited.
- It is expressly prohibited to enter the stadium while being sanctioned with the prohibition of access to any sports arena as long as the sanction remains in force.
- For security reasons, the stadium will not be accessible once the second half of the match has begun. Re-entering the stadium is strictly forbidden.
You may be evicted from the stadium if:
- You participate in altercations, brawls, fights or public disorder.
- You fire or launch flares, firecrackers, explosives or any kind of flammable or corrosive pyrotechnic equipment.
- You are under the influence of alcoholic beverages, narcotic, stimulants drugs or psychotropic substances.
- You manufacture or display or produce banners, flags, symbols or other insignias that incite to violence or terrorism.
- You perform songs or display expressions, sounds or attitudes that incite to violence or terrorism .
- You use or activate any electric or electronic device, like laser pointers or similar in order to annoy players, fans or other attendees.
- You remain standing or occupying vomitorium, access or evacuation routes, every supporter must occupy his corresponding seat.
- You perform live retransmission of images or information for betting houses or sites.
- You enter the playing ground.
British Consulate Details: https://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/british-embassy-madrid
British Consulate-General Madrid
Paseo de la Castellana 259D
SpainTelephone +34 91 714 6300 (also for out of hours emergencies)
Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 1.30pm.
- Fire Department phone 112
- Police phone 112
- Medical Emergency Service phone 112
Information from Merseyside Police:
A team of Merseyside Police Officers will be operationally deployed overseas for this fixture. The officers are there at the invitation of the Spanish Police and have no powers whilst deployed. The primary function of the team is to advise the local Police service and gather and disseminate information.
If you have any issues whilst you are at this match that you feel need bringing to the attention of the delegation, please telephone +44 151 709 6010 (Merseyside Police Switch Board) and ask the call taker to email Constable 8070 Lee Lomax (Football Officer). Constable Lomax has access to his e-mails and will return your call.
Supporter Liaison Officer (SLO):
To assist those supporters who are attending away matches both domestically and in Europe, a dedicated fan support telephone number and email address has been introduced which is available for travelling fans attending away fixtures (this line of communication is for urgent matters relating to the game only).
This line / email will be made available two hours before kick-off and will be open until one hour after final whistle. Outside of these times, there will be a recorded message facility available for travelling fans to record any issues with regard to the game. The telephone number is 0151 230 5770 (From abroad +44 151 230 5770) and the email address is email@example.com for data protection purposes please include your full name, membership number and D.O.B.
On behalf of the Club we hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip to Madrid.