We're creating life-changing opportunities for young people & families
You have to accept cookies in order to view this content on our site.Watch on YouTube
Our Impact 2021/22
LFC Foundation is the official charity of Liverpool Football Club.
Red Neighbours is Liverpool Football Club’s local corporate social responsibility team which offers targeted support around its football homes in Anfield and Kirkby.
By harnessing the power and passion of Liverpool Football Club’s fans and stakeholders, we aim to improve the lives of the most disadvantaged both home and away.
Our delivered activity is categorised in to six areas:
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Health & Wellbeing
- Education & Life Skills
- Employment & Training
- Youth Interventions
- Community Engagement
We ensure Inclusion & Equity run across all aspects of what we do.
We have commissioned Substance as an independent body to help build skills and abilities to define, monitor, assess and report on the impact of our work and that of our partners.
Across all of our activities we supported more than 83,000 people last season, with nearly 40,000 unique participants
“My son attends a lot of LFC Foundation programmes and camps and absolutely loves them. Attending the camps has boosted my son’s confidence massively, he makes new friends every half term and he thinks very highly of all the coaches who have also gave him an added boost of confidence with their positive feedback.”
The LFC Foundation supported over 83,000 people in the last 12 months (up 66% on 2020/21)
- Almost two thirds of participants are from the top 20% most deprived areas of the country
- The charity contributed £8m into the local economy (Liverpool City Region) and delivered nearly £25 million in health benefits over a 12-month period
- LFC Foundation’s annual valuation is £80.17m
- For every £1 spent LFC Foundation created a social return of £16 (£1:£16)
- 88% of LFC Foundation participants reported an improvement in their mental health and wellbeing (up from 85% last season) and 90% reported an improvement in their physical health and fitness (up from 86% last season.)
We deliver 195 separate sessions a week, working across 65 schools in the Liverpool City Region
- It has overseen more than 348,000 hours of programme activity - up from 66,000 the previous year
- LFC Foundation has grown over the last 20 years, it now employs 114 people and works with more than 200 partners
- The LFC Foundation and Red Neighbours, its community programme, now oversee more than 40 programmes locally, seven days a week, delivering real change and creating life changing opportunities for the most underserved communities in local parks, community hubs, classrooms and on football pitches