FoundationLFC offers support to fans dealing with distressing UCL final events
Liverpool Football Club would like to remind fans of our mental health toolkit, which offers support to fans suffering the ongoing effects of the events surrounding the Champions League final, following the publication of UEFA’s Independent Panel Report.
The Club has pledged financial assistance for those organisations already in high demand, and is encouraging fans to seek support if they feel they need it at this time.
Working with the LFC Foundation, who collaborate with professional mental health services on a daily basis, the Club has complied a list of organisations supporters can turn to right now.
Liverpool Football Club encourages fans to seek support and advice if needed. There are a number of specialist services available both locally and nationally for fans of all ages.Further Advice / Support
- Contact your GP or NHS 111 to further discuss symptoms of anxiety, depression or an ongoing stress response
- Your local Increasing Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) Service can accept a self-referral or referral from a professional e.g., GP to consider ways to support your mental health.
- In Liverpool, this is TALK LIVERPOOL 0151 228 2300
- In Halton this is Think Wellbeing in Halton 0151 292 6954
- In Knowsley this is Think Wellbeing in Knowsley 0151 290 4999
- Alternatively search IAPT followed by your local area in any search engine to access an online referral form
- Mersey Care urgent Care 0800 145 6570
- Textline: text HEAL to 85258
- If there is an immediate risk of danger to life, you should call 999
- There is a 24-hour local Child and Adolescent Crisis line that can be used: 0151 293 3577 or free phone 0808 196 3550 or text GREEN to 85258.
- There is a national 24-hour NSPCC Childline helpline: 0800 11 11 or visit www.childline.org.uk
- There is a national 24-hour Samaritans helpline: 116 123 or visit www.samaritans.org
- For self care support https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/self-help/guides-tools-and-activities/five-steps-to-mental-wellbeing/
- If you are a Hillsborough survivor affected by the game in Paris please contact the Hillsborough Survivor Support Alliance at https://www.hsa-us.co.uk/