Welcome to GAME ON, a collaboration between LFC Foundation and Nike, to provide all children across Merseyside with free sport opportunities, including sports such as netball, tennis, athletics and many more.
Sport For A Better Life
Research shows physical activity can have positive, life-long benefits for children.
Sport helps children to develop their bodies and their minds – helping them to learn and stay focused in school and in life.
Sport is central to boosting confidence and improving core developmental skills, such as problem-solving and teamwork. And when times are tough, play and sport can help children manage adversity – which is why in addition to physical health, sport helps build emotional and mental resilience.
Alongside LFC Foundation and Nike, Game On is also supported by the Premier League Professional Footballers' Association Community Fund, Liverpool City Council and Merseyside Sports Partnership.
The Power Of Sport
GAME ON is focused on the power of sport and games to help children get active so they can lead happier, healthier and more successful lives.
LFC Foundation, together with Nike, can provide real change through sport, by raising aspirations, increasing social integration and striving for a healthier, more equitable future.
GAME ON is a game-changer for children aged 7-12 from all genders, economic backgrounds, cultures and abilities. It’s all sports at all levels, whatever your skill and ability level.
As a diverse family celebrating inclusivity and accessibility, we believe we all have something to contribute and that access to sport should be available to everyone.
GAME ON Football Coaching Academy
Empowering all kids through sport starts with great coaching, so GAME ON will also support the next generation of sports coaches who lead with inclusion. Through our football coaching academy, we’re proud to offer experience, mentoring and opportunities. We’re passionate about investing in the recruitment and training of coaches to kickstart their careers.
We realise there are numerous barriers to getting into coaching for specific minority groups which is why the academy will also have a specific focus on recruiting from marginalised communities to help remove any barriers to football that may exist.
We will be initially be supporting 40 coaches through the coaching pathway with 2 cohorts - one female and one for ethnic minorities, with the scope to increase our offering as we look to the future. We welcome applications from women and coaches from Black, Asian, and Mixed-Heritage backgrounds.
To be eligible to apply:
- You must have a minimum Level 1 FA Football qualification and experience of coaching football in a grassroots setting.
- You will need to be committed to developing your coaching skills and considering a career in coaching.
- The Coaching Academy will take place on evenings and weekends from September 2022 – December 2022.
What to expect
What we will provide the coaches accepted into the Coaching Academy:
- Develop and enhance your coaching through our unique and exclusive LFC Foundation Coaching Curriculum
- Assigned a high-level experienced LFC Coach Mentor to support your learning and development to maximise your growth potential
- Provided with placement opportunities across various LFC Foundation sessions, to develop your practical coaching in a supportive environment alongside experienced LFC Foundation coaches
- Exclusive LFC Foundation workshops in partnership with Nike, Liverpool County FA & The FA
- Provided with exclusive branded LFC/Nike clothing
- Insight into all areas of Liverpool Football Club including LFC Academy, LFC Foundation, LFC Women’s & LFC International Academies
- Individualised coach development plan with regular observations and 1-2-1 feedback with your mentor
- Use of state of the art video analysis equipment to record session delivery for enhanced visual feedback
- Opportunities for Talent Identification of coaches in the Coaching Academy for roles within LFC and external clubs
Our first phase of GAME ON is focused on getting local schools involved with sessions and introducing them to the many amazing sports clubs that Merseyside has to offer.
In our next phase, taking place through the summer, look out for our community sessions COMING SOON!
If you are a sports club or school and are interested in taking part, please email email@example.com