CommunityLFC Foundation and Red Neighbours' Easter holiday wrap-up
Take a closer look at Liverpool FC's work across the community throughout the Easter break.
LFC Foundation and Red Neighbours were busy hosting holiday camps, distributing food packages, giving out delicious chocolate Easter eggs and providing water bottles donated by club partner SC Johnson.
Throughout the two-week period, there was activation across our community hubs and parks throughout Liverpool City Region. Multiple holiday camps provided a space for our young participants to stay active while they were out of school, providing a space for them to have fun and make new friends.
In addition, the LFC Foundation PL Kicks programme hosted various tournaments at the Jeffrey Humble Sports Ground, giving local teams the opportunity to go head-to-head in a friendly bit of competition.
The Go Play! team was also active throughout the break, bringing young people and families down to their local parks for a session of active fun.
LFC Foundation also teamed up with SC Johnson and Reds legend Dirk Kuyt, supporting the #DontLoseYourBottle campaign. The aim is to engage and educate the local community on the importance of reducing, reusing and recycling, and SC Johnson is helping to upcycle 500,000 plastic bottles collected at Anfield across the season before reusing them in Mr Muscle packaging.
You have to accept cookies in order to view this content on our site.
Red Neighbours delivered hampers that contained enough food to feed a family of four, including essentials such as fruit, bread, milk, cereal, eggs and much more. They also contained team photos and Mighty Red activity sheets to keep the youngsters entertained during half-term.
- 220 essential food hampers distributed via our community hubs, supporting 880 people
- 1,555 attendees at camps, inclusion, tournaments, Go Play! and Game On
- 3,500 participants at our Go Play! event at Anfield
- 560 packed lunches provided
- Red Neighbours delivered 280 breakfast food parcels to 28 schools, supporting 1,120 people
- 8 match tickets distributed for Manchester United and Everton fixtures
- LFC continues to provide 1,000 freshly prepared meals every week in the local community
- 500 chocolate Easter eggs donated by Red Neighbours and delivered by LFC stores teams
- 61 water bottles donated by SC Johnson