LFC OFFICIAL MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR 2019/20
(“Terms and Conditions”)
1. In these Terms and Conditions: “the Club” means Liverpool Football Club; “Ground” means the football stadium and all other locations owned, occupied or utilised by the Club.
2. These Terms and Conditions are published and maintained on the Club’s website at www.liverpoolfc.com/membership/terms-conditions
For the avoidance of doubt, in the case of discrepancy between the Terms and Conditions published on the Club’s website from time to time and any issued hard copy of the Terms and Conditions, the Terms and Conditions published on the Club’s website shall prevail.
Membership Subscription and Activation
3. By entering into the Membership Contract (as defined below) you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Members match tickets are for the use of supporters of the Club only in accordance with the Home Match Tickets Conditions of Issue and the Away Match Tickets Conditions of Issue. By applying for a Membership and/or using the same, you hereby warrant and represent that you are a supporter of the Club. Please note that you may be asked to provide proof of identity at any point in the application process and/or season. This must be in printed format, i.e. a utility/mobile phone bill or a bank statement and an original document, which will be returned to you in due course. Photocopies cannot be accepted.
4. Membership Benefits (as defined below) commence immediately on receipt of the confirmation email. Please note that you must wait 24 hours for your Membership to activate before you will be eligible to apply for tickets in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Retail discount can take up to 72 hours to activate. Upon joining or renewing Membership, Members will receive email notification as well as a welcome pack which may take up to 4 weeks to deliver for UK Members and up to 6 weeks for overseas Members. All Members (excluding Light Members) will receive a Membership Pack, please note the contents of the pack may vary depending on stock availability.
Term and Cancellation
5.1 The Membership is a seasonal membership scheme from 1st June 2019 until 31st May 2020 and constitutes a binding contract between you and the Club (“the Membership Contract”). The Membership Contract starts on receipt of the confirmation email.
5.2 Subject to clause 5.3, you will have 14 days from the start of your Membership Contract to cancel the Membership Contract. In the event that you do cancel within 14 days, the Club will be entitled to a refund or return of any use by you of the Membership Benefits, including any match tickets you have purchased during that time.
5.3 For the avoidance of doubt, if your Membership was purchased by way of gift pack, you may cancel the Membership Contract in accordance with clause 5 but any right of refund you may have is governed by the terms and conditions of sale as presented to the purchaser at the time of purchase and can be found at http://store.liverpoolfc.com/terms-and-conditions/.
5.4 If you choose to cancel after 14 days, you will not be entitled to a refund of the cost of your Membership, including in respect of any unexpired portion of the Membership. If you have match tickets, you will be obliged to return those to us for a refund of the cost paid for such tickets.
5.5 If you elected to pay by direct debit and/or have signed up to ‘Auto Renewal’ when entering into the Membership Contract then you will have 14 days from the date of Auto Renewal confirmation to cancel your Membership Contract. In the event that you do cancel within 14 days, the Club will be entitled to a refund or return of any use by you of the Membership Benefits, including any match tickets you have purchased during that time.
5.6 To cancel your Membership please contact the Fan Services department on +44 (0)151 264 2500.
6. It is the Member’s responsibility to inform the Club of any change of name and provide official printed proof of the new details. To inform the Club of any change of address please login to ‘My Account’ at www.liverpoolfc.com/my-account/ or contact Fan Services on +44(0)151 264 2500. The Club (at its absolute discretion) may charge an administration fee in respect of any name change.
The Club cannot accept responsibility for non-receipt of Membership Packs or mailings. One duplicate pack may be requested for non-receipt only. After this no further packs will be sent.
7. The cost of LFC Official Membership is available online at www.liverpoolfc.com/membership (“the Fee”).
Membership can be paid for in GBP, Euro or US Dollars. You can compare the costs of Membership in alternative currencies. All currency rates are based on various publicly available sources and should be used as guidelines only. Rates are not verified as accurate, and actual rates may vary. Currency quotes are not updated every day. Check the date on the ‘Currency Converter’ for the day that currency was last updated. The information supplied by this application is believed to be accurate, but the Club and/or its suppliers do not warrant or guarantee such accuracy. When using this information for any financial purpose, the Club advises you to consult a qualified professional to verify the accuracy of the currency rates. The Club, its affiliates and/or their suppliers do not authorise the use of this information for any purpose other than personal use and prohibit to the maximum extent allowable the resale, redistribution, and use of this information for commercial purposes.
You must pay the Fee applicable to the Membership you have subscribed for, in accordance with the fee plan notified to you at the time of registration.
Unless otherwise stated, charges are inclusive of VAT and any other taxes applicable from time to time.
Import duties and local taxes are NOT included in the quoted price of goods being delivered to outside the EU. In this case you will be responsible for the payment of any and all import duties and local taxes including any administration charges upon receipt.
We will notify you by email that we have processed your payment of the Fee and inform you that you are a Member. The email message will constitute our acceptance of your Membership application. Our acceptance of your order will be deemed complete and received by you at the time and date we send the email, which time and date is specified on the email. We accept no responsibility for you not actually receiving the email, for reasons outside our control.
If you elected to pay by direct debit and/or have signed up to ‘Auto Renewal’ when entering into the Membership Contract then, unless you have cancelled in the meantime, you will be sent an e-mail before the end of the then current term of your Membership offering you the opportunity to cancel, supply alternative payment details or [do nothing to simply] continue your Membership. If you choose not to cancel or respond to the Auto Renewal e-mail then your annual subscription will be automatically renewed using existing payment details.
If your payment details have expired then we shall notify you by email and request revised payment instructions. Your failure to reply will lead to your subscription expiring and your Membership being terminated.
8. A Member shall be entitled to the benefits upon presentation of the Members Card which vary dependent upon Membership type. All benefits are specified in full on www.liverpoolfc.com/membership/benefits such benefits being the “Membership Benefits”.
Members Card Reprints
9.1 If you inadvertently lose, misplace, damage or destroy your ‘Members Card’ you should report this to the Club as soon as possible. Contact details are: Membership Services, PO BOX 204, Liverpool, L69 3JY. Telephone: +44(0)151 264 2500 or visit https://help.liverpoolfc.com/app/ask.
If your Members Card is stolen, you should report this to the police and the relevant crime number and police force should be quoted in all correspondence with the Club. If, in the Club’s opinion, a Members Card is damaged, lost, misplaced, stolen or destroyed, a duplicate Members Card shall be issued by the Club as soon as reasonably practicable after the payment of a £10.00 non-refundable administration charge, unless the Club reasonably believes that you are, or have been, acting in a fraudulent or illegal manner and/or in breach of any Terms & Conditions of Entry.
9.2 Only one duplicate Members Card may be issued in any one season and you may be required to sign a document confirming that the original Members Card is damaged, lost, stolen or destroyed and indemnifying the Club against any direct or indirect consequences of such matter having been falsely represented or stated to the Club. The Club may require you to attend the stadium or another location in person to collect the duplicate Members Card and provide the Club with satisfactory photographic identification. For the avoidance of doubt, if you lose your duplicate Members Card the Club will suspend your LFC Official Membership and any associated benefits (as detailed below) until the end of the relevant season, and no refund will be paid in respect of any unexpired portion of the Membership.
9.3 If you have pre-purchased match tickets for future games (“Pre-purchased Tickets”) and you are no longer in possession of your Members Card, the Club will cancel any Pre-purchased Tickets and provide you with a full refund in the sum of the actual price paid for any Pre-purchased Tickets.
9.4 For any [Pre-purchased Tickets] refunded you will lose the credit in your purchase history relating to such Pre-purchased Tickets.
Benefit Terms and Conditions
10.1 10% discount on full price purchases in our seven Club stores and online store (www.liverpoolfc.com/store): In order to obtain your discount in the Club Store, you may be asked to produce another form of picture identification, such as the new style driving licence or passport. Please note that sale items are excluded and 10% Membership discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount. Offer does not apply to any other affiliated online stores. 10% discount is not available for Little Liver Members.
10.2 (Full, International, Mighty Red and Teen Red Members only) 30% off Anfield Stadium Tour, 20% off a Legends Tour and 20% off an Anfield Experience and Ultimate Anfield Experience, subject to availability and on non-matchdays. You can claim your discount by using the unique code supplied within the Membership benefits in the Members’ area of the Website (“Members’ Area”). If you are unable to locate your code please contact Fan Services on +44 (0)151 264 2500. Please note, these discounts are not available on home match days.
10.3 Full, International, Mighty Red and Teen Red Members only, 20% off food at the Boot Room Sports Cafe at Anfield: Members Card to be presented on ordering food. 20% discount not available on drinks.
10.4 Full, Teen Red and International Membership holders only, discounts on an annual subscription to LFCTV GO. Full details in Members Area. Code must be activated by 30th April 2020.
10.5 All Members except Little Livers receive free entry to all Liverpool FC Women home matches. Members Card to be presented on arrival in order to gain entry.
10.6 Little Liver, Mighty Red and Teen Red Members only, will receive a birthday card and a Christmas card from the Club if your birthday or Christmas (as applicable) falls within the term of your Membership.
Ticketing Access and Purchase
11.1 The issue of match tickets by the Club is governed by the Home Match Ticket Conditions of Issue and Away Match Ticket Conditions of Issue (as applicable) which are available here www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/ticket-terms
11.2 Full, Light, Mighty Red and Teen Red Members only, will be given the opportunity to apply for Premier League home match tickets before tickets go on general sale to the public. The availability of Premier League home match tickets will be declared by the Club and sold in one instalment in July and one instalment in November. Any remaining tickets will be declared on a match-by-match basis. Eligibility for tickets may require pre-requisite attendance of previous matches (and, to avoid doubt, purchases of tickets for matches that the Member does not attend will not qualify for these purposes, unless the Club reasonably considers otherwise). Tickets may be purchased via online systems only. Nothing in these terms and conditions constitutes or implies any guarantee of entitlement to a ticket, seat or access to any area of the Ground. Only one ticket may be purchased per qualifying Members Card.
11.3 Full, Light, Mighty Red and Teen Red Members only, will be given the opportunity to enrol into the Auto Cup Ticket Scheme. Please note this is subject to availability. Details of the Auto Cup Ticket Scheme are available at www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/auto-cup-ticket-scheme
11.4 No guarantees can be given by the Club that a match will take place at a particular time or on a particular date. The Club reserves the right to reschedule any match without notice and without any liability whatsoever. The Club will have no further liability whatsoever relating to any alteration of the time or date of any match (including but not limited to any postponement or abandonment), including (but not limited to) any direct or consequential loss or damage, loss of enjoyment or travel/accommodation costs. The Club recommends you visit the Club website on a regular basis in order to check the latest dates and times of matches.
11.5 The Club reserves the right to vary the manner or system in which match tickets are to be sold, upon reasonable notice being given.
11.6 Members aged 16 and under can only attend matches accompanied by a Member aged 18 or above.
11.7 If the remittance tendered in payment of Membership or tickets shall be dishonoured or in any other way refused (other than by the Club), the relevant Member shall be liable to pay the Club’s administrative charge, which the Club may inform the Member in writing from time to time; and any bank or other similar charge incurred by the Club. As a result, the Membership shall be immediately withdrawn.
11.8 To attend matches as a group, each member of the group must be a Member. Applications for each Member’s ticket may be made by one Member on behalf of the rest of the group whether by telephone or online. A maximum of four tickets may be applied for per group booking. Only one Membership is permitted per person.
11.9 Season Ticket Holders will not be entitled to purchase additional match tickets by purchasing a Membership.
11.10 In the event that you forget your Members Card in respect of any individual match, the Club shall not be obliged to admit you or issue any other form of ticket for that match. The Club will issue up to a maximum of three (3) duplicate match day ticket reprints only (“Reprints”) to Members in any one season. There is a non-refundable administration charge of £10.00 for each reprint. Please note that the Club may require you to attend the stadium or another location in person to provide proof of identity at any point when requesting or collecting Reprints. The Club reserves the right to withdraw the option for Members to request reprints at any time, without notice and without any liability whatsoever.
12. Without prejudice to any other remedies it may have, the Club shall have the right in the case of any serious or persistent breach of these Terms and Conditions to cancel and withdraw your Membership. In the event of such cancellation no refund will be paid in respect of any unexpired portion of the Membership. Without prejudice to the general nature of the above, the following actions shall constitute serious breach of the Terms and Conditions (see also the fan charter https://www.liverpoolfc.com/corporate/charter):-
(i) smoking within any part of the Ground;
(ii) persistent standing in seated areas whilst a match is in progress;
(iii) sale or transfer (save as permitted) of this Membership to any person;
(iv) deliberate misuse of the Membership (e.g. deliberately purchasing tickets for matches that the Member does not intend to attend to qualify for higher category matches);
(v) the supply of any misleading or incorrect information in any application including date of birth;
(vi) persistent swearing during a match;
(vii) the throwing of any object within the Ground without lawful authority or excuse;
(viii) the chanting of anything of an indecent, racist and/or discriminatory nature;
(ix) being or appearing to be drunk or intoxicated within the Ground;
(x) any failure to pay or default of payment in respect of any sums owing to the Club (or any third party) in respect of this Membership;
(xii) without prejudice to any of the foregoing, any other breach of the Ground Regulations, the Terms & Conditions of Entry or the fan charter (https://www.liverpoolfc.com/corporate/charter).
13. The Club is committed to preventing discrimination in all its fields of operation and within its stadium, providing an environment free from racial or homophobic abuse, harassment, bullying and victimisation. Any Member engaging in such abuse or harassment will have their Members Card confiscated, Membership withdrawn or cancelled and be banned from attending future games involving Liverpool Football Club. No refunds will be issued. In the event that your Membership is withdrawn or cancelled, the Club reserves the right to exclude you from any membership scheme maintained or organised by the Club and/or to disqualify you from applying for any match ticket at its discretion. The Club reserves the right to suspend the use of the Members Card and all associated benefits for a period of time or to withdraw its use in the event of misuse or if abused in any way or in the event of a breach of any of the Terms and Conditions and Club regulations; or in the event of any abusive, dangerous or other unacceptable behaviour by the Member, or if the Member is prohibited by law from attending any football ground.
14. Your Members Card must be available at all games for inspection by officials and security staff of the Club and the police. The Club reserves the right to refuse admission or eject from the Ground any person who fails to comply with the Terms & Conditions of Entry. Please ensure you carry proof of your name and address with you while you are at the Ground as random spot-checks may be undertaken.
15. Members Card and/or receipts are issued for your sole use. You shall not re-sell, assign, transfer or lend the Members Card and/or receipts or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior consent of the Club. For the avoidance of doubt (and by way of example only) the Members Card and/or receipts issued to you may not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition nor transferred, lent or sold to any third party as part of a hospitality or travel package, save as expressly authorised by the Premier League or the Club.
16. You may only re-sell or transfer the Members Card and/or receipts with the express consent of the Club, given at the Club’s absolute discretion. No such resale or transfer will be permitted except where the same takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of a ticket to that match and such lending does not take place during the course of any business.
17. Except in respect of death or personal injury resulting from any negligence of the Club, neither Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Limited, [the Club] nor any of their officers, employees or agents shall be responsible for (whether in tort, contract or otherwise):
(i) any loss, damage or injury to you or to any property belonging to you in or upon or around the Ground or any car park, resulting from any cause whatsoever; or
(ii) for any loss of profit, loss of use, loss of opportunity or any indirect, economic or consequential losses whatsoever.
18. If you have any complaints in relation to the LFC Official Membership please contact Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Limited, (VAT Number 325195756) Membership Services, PO BOX 1959, Liverpool, L69 3JY
19. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
20. The Club may amend these terms from time to time in its discretion. Any changes will be published on the Club’s website.
Further defined terms:
"Conditions of Issue" means these terms and conditions governing the issue and use of a ‘Home Match Ticket’, ‘Away Match Ticket’ or a ‘Season Ticket’.
“Football Authority” means each of the Premier League, The Football League, The Football Association, The Football Association of Wales, FIFA, UEFA and other relevant governing body of association football.
"Ground Regulations" means those ground regulations issued by the Club from time to time that set out the terms and conditions upon which spectators are granted entry to the Ground.
“Membership” means the LFC Official Membership which is a seasonal membership scheme and a participant in the Membership is a “Member”.
"Terms & Conditions of Entry" means each of the rules and regulations of any Football Authority; the Ground Regulations; and the Conditions of Issue.