The Hillsborough inquests commenced on March 31, 2014 and are the subject of reporting restrictions that have been imposed by the Attorney General's office. Liverpool Football Club is respectful of these restrictions and will therefore only be making available updates from other media channels for the duration of the inquest.

The report below - and the witness testimony contained within it - does not necessarily reflect the views of Liverpool FC. Please be aware that the reports on these pages will contain evidence about the day of the disaster which may be distressing.

To view archive reports from each day of the inquest hearings, click here.

Courtesy of the BBC - June 24

A Liverpool fan who was in the crush at Hillsborough has told a jury it was like "getting a Chinese burn on your body".

Terence Moore told the new inquests it was "really tight" on the terraces and described the crowd "tilting forwards" when a crush barrier broke.

His evidence focussed on the final movements of his friend Paul Hewiston, 26, who died in the disaster.

Ninety-six Liverpool fans lost their lives at the 1989 FA Cup semi-final.

The pair had travelled to Sheffield for the match with friends in a van.

Mr Moore said they were "15 or 20ft" from the fence at the front of the pen three enclosure.

He told the court: "It was just really, really tight. It was almost getting, like, a Chinese burn on your body, it was so tight.

"Paul was to the left of me. I said 'I'm going to try and get out of here'."

But he told the jury it was impossible to move.

Mr Moore said as the crush barrier broke, "my feet left the ground. I was just sort of floating with my legs behind me up in the air and my arms were trapped, one on my back, one on my front".

He said he was "jammed, lying forward" for 15 or possibly 30 minutes and Paul was on his left hand side.

"I was not aware that anyone was deceased or anything. I just heard people screaming and all different people shouting 'help us, get us out, we're getting crushed'," he said.

Mr Moore said he noticed a taller man standing nearer the front of the pen and fans were shouting 'I think he's dead, I think he's dead'.

At that point, Mr Moore said he knew people were "in a lot of trouble".

He said he believed he blacked out "at some stage" and when he woke up saw a "mountain of people" in front of him.

Mr Moore found his friend further down the terrace "on the floor... on the bottom" and said he was pale in colour and he "thought the worst" as he showed "no signs of life".

"Somebody else was helping me to try and revive him for a few minutes. I told him it was my friend, so I was not going to leave," he told the jury.

But the man told him to go and help others because he knew what he was doing.

Mr Moore said he stayed in the pen "until everyone was gone off that terrace".

He added: "I didn't stop, I just carried on until I got to the very front - there was actually no one left, just clothes and shoes and things like that."

The jury heard how Dr Michael Hutson, Andrew Lawson and Kathleen Rose, a St John Ambulance volunteer medic, gave Mr Hewitson CPR on the pitch from around 15:22 BST.

He may also have received mouth to mouth resuscitation from Dr Paul Saddler, a junior doctor based at Doncaster Royal Infirmary.

In a statement, PC Malcolm Beaumont also described giving CPR to Mr Hewitson at the Leppings Lane end.

He was carried across the pitch on a makeshift stretcher at 15:32 BST and eventually taken into the gymnasium, where bodies were being stored, jurors heard.

Another friend of Mr Moore, Paul Walters, identified his body at 20:30 BST.

The inquests, sitting in Warrington, Cheshire, continue.