Are you an experienced journalist with a love for Liverpool Football Club? If so then you could be just what we're looking for as a vacancy has arisen at Liverpoolfc.tv, the Club's official website, for a new full-time journalist.
* Work alongside the editorial team to generate interesting and innovative content
* Come up with fresh new feature and project ideas which will drive new users towards the site and retain existing visitors on the website
* Assist with the squad and club staff interview process - will include off-site interviews with current / former players and club staff
* Ensure that content in key site areas is relevant, current and accurate
* Research and maintain statistical information on individual player and team performance
* Provide project assistance to members of the editorial team as required.
* Assist with matchday coverage. This will involve working outside of normal business hours.
* Help drive subscriptions to our premium content service by helping produce compelling video pieces
* Liaise with Club Partners and other departments to help boost commercial revenues for the business through content production
* Educated preferably to A-level standard with a minimum of GCSE Grade B in English (or equivalent)
* Formal journalism training - either at University or higher education level
* A detailed knowledge of Liverpool Football Club, its history and current squad and staff
* A good knowledge and understanding of social media
* An understanding of technology and content management systems is preferable
* Significant/demonstrable experience within a journalism role within an established media organisation
* Effective and confident communicator, both orally and in writing
* Good interpersonal skills
* A strong team player with a high level of integrity
* Well presented
* A good attention to detail.
* PC literate with a good understanding of the official LFC website
* Flexible and 'can do' attitude combined with a good sense of humour!
* Must be prepared to work weekends and nights - not necessarily at the match
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting your suitability for the role to:
HR Department, Liverpool Football Club, PO Box 1959, Liverpool, L69 3JL
Closing Date: Friday 6 January 2012
LFC is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.