The Hillsborough inquests commenced on March 31, 2014 and are the subject of reporting restrictions that have been imposed by the Attorney General's office. Liverpool Football Club is respectful of these restrictions and will therefore only be making available updates from other media channels for the duration of the inquest.

The report below - and the witness testimony contained within it - does not necessarily reflect the views of Liverpool FC. Please be aware that the reports on these pages will contain evidence about the day of the disaster which may be distressing.

To view archive reports from each day of the inquest hearings, click here.

Courtesy of the BBC - October 2

A former police officer who "felt a pulse" while helping a dying teenager at Hillsborough said West Midlands Police made a "deliberate attempt" to make him change his statement.

Derek Bruder was giving evidence as the inquests focused on the final movements of 15-year-old Kevin Williams.

He said he made his first statement shortly after the 1989 tragedy and was visited by police the following year.

While the meeting left him "confused", he agreed to make changes.

Mr Bruder said he was visited by an inspector from West Midlands Police, who were supplying evidence to the first inquests.

He said Insp Matthew Sawers spent six hours with him during which he was asked to speak by phone to a pathologist from the coroner's office.

Mr Bruder said he felt under pressure "to concede to the doctor's medical superiority" when the doctor suggested Kevin could not have been alive when Mr Bruder tried to revive him.

He agreed to make changes to his original statement.

Amongst them he accepted he may have been mistaken to say he had felt "a faint pulse" while trying to save Kevin.

Mr Bruder told the jury he was 100% confident he had felt a pulse and seen the teenager move while lying on the pitch.

The court heard he wrote to the Independent Police Complaints Commission in 2012 that West Midlands Police had made a "deliberate attempt" to make him change his statement.

He told the inquests he stood by that view, and that the inspector who visited him had not been honest with him.

Earlier Mr Bruder told the inquests that, along with a St John Ambulance volunteer medic who gave heart massage, he had tried to resuscitate Kevin.

He said he was "absolutely 100% confident" he felt a pulse in the teenager's neck, adding: "It was not something that would appear to me to be absolutely healthy, beating vibrantly, but there was definitely a pulse."

Asked whether he saw any signs of life while giving CPR, Mr Bruder said: "Well, to me he was alive. There was a faint pulse."

The jury also heard from two Liverpool fans who tried to help Kevin while Mr Bruder was with him.

One of them, Stephen Rankin, said Kevin did not show any signs of life.

Mr Bruder said a female St John Ambulance medic eventually joined the group, and took over the CPR.

After trying to resuscitate him she said Kevin had died.

The inquests, sitting in Warrington, Cheshire, continue.