You can also find more information below and here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
What is a cookie and how do we use them?
A cookie is a small data file stored on the hard storage drive of your computer or in your smart phone memory when you access our Websites or Apps. It collects information into a profile about your use of our Websites or Apps and helps them recognise and remember you on future visits.
Cookies, and similar technologies, enable us to:
- provide content that is likely to be of interest to you (for example, we recognise you as a returning visitor and can tailor your experience according to your interests including previously viewed articles, players, and so on.
- monitor and improve the functionality and usage of the Website and Apps (for example, collecting session and event data to see which features and areas are most popular)
- provide advertising of relevance to you both from Liverpool Football Club and our commercial partners (listed here: LFC Commercial Partners)
Types of Cookie used on Liverpool Football Club Websites
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies: these cookies are necessary for the Liverpool Football Club Websites and Apps to function. Without them, requests for services such as secure areas, shopping baskets/checkouts, maintaining a logged in status and remembering form data cannot be provided. None of these cookies store data that can identify you for advertising or targeting purposes. Since they are essential to the service provided you are unable to control whether they are set by us. You may be able to control them using browser settings, but our sites and apps will not function correctly.
2. Functionality Cookies: these cookies allow Liverpool Football Club Websites and Apps to remember you (your username and region), choices you make and your preferences to provide enhanced and more personal features on every visit. They can also store data on specific services and products you might be interested in. You can control if these cookies are used but this may prevent the website from offering a full experience.
3. Analytical Performance Cookies: Analytical cookies, such as Google Analytics, help us to improve our Websites and Apps by collecting information about how visitors use them. For example, which pages are visited most often, how users interact with content, where error messages occur and where users have clicked to view adverts or on links to other parts of the site (or external commercial partner sites). This data cannot identify an individual and is not used for targeting purposes.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics on this site click here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
If you have also consented to Targeting cookies, we use the Thunderhead One Engagement Hub advanced analytics cookie to distinguish you from other users and store a data profile. This helps provide you with a highly tailored experience when you use our website or apps, and in emails or other messages enabling the delivery of more relevant content. Where you have also given us marketing consent, we can also link your profile to previous browsing and purchase history. This gives us the opportunity to tailor our communications even more effectively. If you disable these cookies, you will receive a non-personalised experience with content less relevant to you.
To opt out of being tracked by Thunderhead One cookie follow the advice under How to manage Cookies below.
4.Targeting Cookies: We use these cookies to collect information about your browsing habits (products purchased or content engaged with) that is linked to data on your browser, device and IP address. This helps us display more relevant content and advertisements to you, as well as to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and to measure the effectiveness of a campaign. Occasionally we share this information with partners LFC Commercial Partners including other advertising organisations and social media channels such as Facebook.
How to manage Cookies
You can visit our Preference Centre at any time to amend your cookie choices or block them altogether using this manage settings link. Don’t forget that any changes you make may affect the functioning of parts of our website or apps.
Alternatively, you can manage cookies through your browser settings but remember this will affect all websites you visit on your device. General guidance can be found here: http://www.aboutcookies.org/
You can get in touch with LFC's Data Protection Officer if you have any concerns or queries about cookies or how we process your data at DPO@liverpoolfc.com or by writing to the following address:
FAO: Data Protection Officer
The Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Limited
20 Chapel Street