These rules apply to the ballot processes for tickets for Liverpool Premier League home matches at Anfield during the 2020/21 football season.
In these terms and conditions (except where a different interpretation is necessary in the context) the words and expressions set out below shall have the following meanings:
Applicant: Any person, including both General Admission Applicants and Hospitality Applicants, applying for a ticket or tickets (where applicable) to an Event through a Ballot
Application: An entry in a Ballot by an Applicant for an Event
Ballot: Either of the General Admission Ballot or the Hospitality Ballot
Club: The Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Limited
Event: The home match for which an Applicant enters a Ballot
Entry Criteria: For the General Admission Ballot, the General Admission Ballot entry criteria as detailed on the Club’s website at https://www.liverpoolfc.com/return-of-supporters-to-anfield, and for the Hospitality Ballot, the Hospitality Ballot entry criteria as detailed on the Club’s website at https://www.liverpoolfc.com/return-of-supporters-to-anfield. All Applicants to a Ballot must certify that they satisfy the relevant Entry Criteria before they are permitted to make an Application in that Ballot
General Admission Applicant: any person applying for one (1) general admission ticket to an Event through a Ballot
General Admission Ballot: the general admission ticketing ballot system hosted at https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/tickets-availability
Hospitality Applicant: any person applying for two (2) hospitality tickets to an Event through a Ballot to be used by the Hospitality Applicant themselves and one other individual from their household
Hospitality Ballot: the hospitality ticketing ballot system hosted at https://ticketing.liverpoolfc.com/en-gb/hospitality-ballots
The Ballot entry period may vary for each Event. Please visit the Club’s new dedicated hub for up to date information at https://www.liverpoolfc.com/return-of-supporters-to-anfield (“Ballot Hub”). The Ballot Hub will include Start Date, End Date, Notification Date and Redemption Period for each Ballot.
Start Date: means the date on which the Ballot will begin for each Event as set out on the Ballot Hub.
End Date: means the date on which the Ballot will end for each Event as set out on the Ballot Hub.
Notification Date: means the date on which successful Applicants for an Event will be notified as set out on the Ballot Hub.
Redemption Period: means the period within which successful Applicants will be able to purchase tickets for the Event, as set out on the Ballot Hub.1. Applicants must satisfy the relevant Entry Criteria (which are incorporated into these Ballot Rules) to enter in one of the Ballots for an Event at the time of entry. Any Application for which the Applicant does not meet the relevant Entry Criteria will be invalid and, where such an Application is accepted, LFC reserves the right at any time to:
2. For the avoidance of doubt, an Application does not guarantee a ticket.
3. Entries are limited to one Application per Applicant. No bulk, automated (whether via bots, scripts or otherwise) or third party Applications will be accepted and Applicants making duplicate, automated or third party Applications will be disqualified. For General Admission Applicants, there is a strict limit of one (1) ticket per Event. For Hospitality Applicants, there is a strict limit of two (2) tickets per Event with one (1) ticket being used by the Hospitality Applicant and the other ticket being used only by an individual within the Hospitality Applicant’s household.
4. Applications will only be accepted from the Start Date to the End Date inclusive.
5. The successful Applicants will be selected at random on the Notification Date and will be sent an email notification ("Notification") with information on how to purchase a ticket to the Event. Unsuccessful Applicants will also receive an email notification. The outcome of the random selection as communicated to the Applicant by the Club is final. All notification emails will be sent on the Notification Date. It is the responsibility of the Applicant to check their emails after submission of their Application and on the Notification Date. The Applicant must ensure that their contact details are accurate at the time of entry and notify the Club of any change of contact details.
6. Successful Applicants wishing to purchase a ticket for the Event must purchase a ticket during the Redemption Period. If a successful Applicant does not purchase a ticket by the end of the Redemption Period, such Applicant forfeits all rights to purchase such ticket.
7. Applicants who are not initially successful will be held on a waiting list for their respective Ballot for that Event. If and when general admission tickets for that Event become available, an offer of tickets will be made to the next Applicants on the General Admission Ballot waiting list in the order that the General Admission Ballot draw was made. If and when hospitality tickets for that Event become available, an offer of tickets will be made to the next Applicants on the Hospitality Ballot waiting list in the order that the Hospitality Ballot draw was made. The period during which Applicants on the waiting lists shall have the opportunity to purchase such tickets may be shorter than the Redemption Period.
8. Tickets are non-transferable. Only the named successful Applicant is eligible to purchase a ticket and to gain entry to the Event. If any person attempts to gain entry to the Event with a ticket that is not registered in their name they will be refused access and no refund shall be payable by the Club.
9. If, due to Liverpool Football Club COVID-19 restrictions (as set out in the Supporter Code of Conduct), a successful Applicant is no longer able to attend or otherwise withdraws after purchasing a ticket to an Event, that Applicant should notify the Club as soon as possible. In the event that the Club re-sells that ticket, the Club will issue a refund to the original Applicant. However, the Club is under no obligation to take any steps to re-sell such tickets other than offering such tickets to Applicants on the relevant waiting list for that ticket type, and shall have no obligation to take any steps to re-sell any tickets on the day of the Event.
10. Entry into a Ballot constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions (which incorporate the Entry Criteria) as final and binding. Entries which are not in accordance with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
11. All ticket purchases are subject to the relevant Ticketing Terms and Conditions which can be found on the Club’s website at www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/ticket-terms and the Liverpool Football Club COVID-19 Supporters Code of Conduct which can be found at http://www.liverpoolfc.com/return-of-supporters-to-anfield/supporters-code-of-conduct. In the event of any ambiguity or inconsistency between these Ballot Rules, the relevant Ticketing Terms and Conditions, and the Liverpool Football Club COVID-19 Supporters’ Code of Conduct, the order of precedence will be as follows:
12. The number of tickets for an Event issued to Applicants is dependent on the relevant Government, Premier League and FA laws, rules, regulations and restrictions in force on the Notification Date. In the event that any change to those laws, rules, regulations or restrictions subsequently further restricts or prohibits attendance at the Event, the Club shall notify by email any successful Applicants who are no longer permitted to attend the Event and shall refund the purchase price of any tickets for the Event purchased by those Applicants. The Club’s liability to any such Applicant in those circumstances shall be strictly limited to the refund of the purchase price of that Applicant’s ticket.
13. No responsibility is accepted by the Club for late or lost Applications and proof of sending an Application is not proof of receipt.
14. The Club reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify these ballot terms and conditions at any time (and for any reason) with or without notice.
15. Neither the Club nor its representatives shall be liable for any direct or indirect loss suffered as a result of any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or other matter outside its or their reasonable control which may result in any email, Application or Notification being not properly registered or recorded, sent or lost.
16. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.