Getting to Anfield
Liverpool Football Club, Anfield Road, Liverpool, L4 0TH
Due to regeneration work around Anfield Stadium, from Sunday 10th August 2014, there will be changes to the way fans access Anfield on a matchday.
A temporary disabled drop off point is now situated on Anfield Road at the head of the central reservation of Utting Avenue between Arkles Road and Wylva Road. Signage is in place to indicate the new location. Please note that this area is only available pre-match.
Existing access changes in place:
- No access via Rockfield Road, Back Rockfield Road and Lothair Road by foot or vehicle. Fans will be re-routed via Anfield Road and Walton Breck Road.
- Routine road closures prior to kick-off remain as per last season. Walton Breck Road (10 minutes prior to kick-off) Anfield Road (45 minutes prior to kick-off).
- Access via car, bus and taxi will not be affected and will remain as per last season.
- There will be no changes to car parking access and facilities, taxi drop off points or key bus services including Merseytravel's Soccer Bus and 917 services.
New signage will be positioned around the stadium to direct fans and additional stewards and police officers will be present on matchdays to help reroute pedestrians and vehicles to minimise disruption. Please ensure you plan your route to the stadium and to allow extra time for their journey.
Map and key information on the changes can be found here For travel information please visit www.merseytravel.gov.uk
Accessing the Stadium on a matchday
If you’re attending a match at Anfield, before you travel we’d encourage all supporters to:
- Check the date and time of the fixture you’re attending, as these are subject to change throughout the season due to TV scheduling
- If you’re an Official Member, check your Members Card has been activated for that match prior to the game, by visiting My Account
- Check the stand and turnstile that you will need to enter the stadium before you arrive. This will be clearly indicated on your Season Ticket Card / Official Members SMS and email confirmation/ or paper ticket).
Liverpool Football Club takes great pride in welcoming visitors to our ground and so we have created a 'Visiting Anfield Guide' to make your visit as easy as possible. Our ‘Visiting Anfield’ guide provides useful information on how to get to Anfield, things to do in and around the stadium and places to stay if you are visiting from further afield.
Just click here to view the guide or print out and bring with you when you visit.
Lime Street Railway Station is two miles from Anfield. On matchdays you can use the Merseyrail network to link with the Soccerbus service from Sandhills Station or you can take a taxi from Lime Street (fares usually cost between £7- £9).
For more information on train times click here
The Soccerbus runs from Sandhills Station, on th Merseyrail Northern Line, to Anfield for all Liverpool home Barclays Premier League and cup matches The Soccerbus runs two hours before each match (lastbus from Sandhills Station is approximately 15 minutes before kick-off) and for 50 minutes after the final whistle (subject to availability).
For information on the Soccerbus click here
From Liverpool City Centre, take the 26 or 27 from Liverpool ONE bus station, 17 from Queen Square Bus Station or the 917 from St Johns Lane, directly to the ground. The 68/168, which operates between Bootle and Aigburth, and the 14 and 19 (from Queen Square) stop a short walk away from the ground.
For more information on bus routes click here
Should you wish to cycle to Anfield we have a designated area in the Food Village on Anfield Road to store your bike.
Please note, the safety and security of bicycles is the responsibility of the owner.
Liverpool John Lennon Airport is approximately 10 miles from the ground, and taxis should be easily obtainable.
Alternatively, you can catch the 80A or 86A bus from the airport to Liverpool South Parkway bus/rail interchange and ask for a rail ticket to Anfield.
Matchday parking - There are a number of paying car parks near to the Anfield stadium including.
- St Domingo Car Park - Postcode L5 0RS. For its location click here
Please note: these car parks are only available on matchdays and can only be accessed three hours before each game.
There are a limited number of Anfield Road passes available for over 65s (this is due to a suggestion made at the first LFC Supporters Committee meeting with the club). In order to purchase a pass, supporters must be registered with the club as being over 65 and be attending the game they are purchasing for.
Please call 0843 170 5555 for more information.
Non Matchday Parking - If you are visiting Anfield on a non matchday there are limited parking spaces at the stadium.
From the North - Exit the M6 at junction 28, follow signs for Liverpool A58 into Walton Hall Avenue, drive past Stanley Park and turn left into Anfield Road where you will see the ground.
From the South - Take the M62 to the end of the motorway, turn right into Queens Drive A5058, after 3 mile turn left into Utting Avenue, after 1 mile turn left into Anfield Road where you will see the ground.
From the East - Go via the Mersey Tunnel for which you will have to pay a toll, follow signs for Preston A580, you should come to Walton Hall Avenue, just before you get to Stanley Park turn left into Anfield Road where you will see the ground.