Comments

hope this isn't a smoke screen cause we aren't buying anyone
stressed red
30th Jan 2014 17:13
5BigEars
30th Jan 2014 17:14
"we need to buy up all around the ground so we can build bigger capacity which we need so we can compete for the best players in the world..."
Harbo
30th Jan 2014 17:16
"And still we wait !"
callierooskie
30th Jan 2014 17:18
"What no 'spade in the ground by the end of the month'? comment? "
Harbo
30th Jan 2014 17:19
"Fenway Frankie, you must be rich if you have an executive jet for your privates. Do they travel with you ? :-)Can't Imagine what JOE Lennon would think."
King_Mat
30th Jan 2014 17:22
"Thw thing that kills the atmosphere at the emirates is the giant corporate hospitality emphasis which will be the same at the new anfield- guaranteed.... scallops and champagne for the few, donuts for the rest of us. Don't know why I am bothering commenting cause the comment section on this article will be closed after 10mins..."
Simpson2
30th Jan 2014 17:22
"sorry - reads like a lot of blah blah blah - I'm sure it isn't but that's what it sounds like."
Abia
30th Jan 2014 17:22
"Am glad, happy days ahead. Well-done to all involved so far. YNWA."
redrob2005
30th Jan 2014 17:26
"thought ian (pam) ayres was in Ukraine negotiating kono deal ???"
King_Mat
30th Jan 2014 17:40
"land with planning permission is worth double land without...."
Macca_29
30th Jan 2014 17:41
" I've noticed that now we are only getting a stadium expansion and not a new ground like the last daft yank owners promised us. Do you really expect us to believe your going to do up the ground when you won't even buy us new players. Wish the rest of the fans would boycott going the games until you stop promising us the earth and actually spend some money. FSG ARE A JOKE! "
stressed red
30th Jan 2014 17:43
"I don't no all the politics with FSG and stuff. But what I remember (ish) is with previous owners we were in a lot of debt. FSG came in cleared the debt, you would be false to say they haven't invested in players. They have> Rome wasn't built in a day. I for one hope they are doing everything right behind the scenes. cont "
Bilboaz
30th Jan 2014 17:46
"Puma and Arsenal signed a record sponsorship deal and all proceeds from it will go straight to strengthening the team. I remembered we signed something similar with warrior do they actual use it for investing in the team? Does the commercials with dunkin and Garuda impact out transfer funds. I doubt they would! Why ask FSG!"
stressed red
30th Jan 2014 17:46
"Of course they are trying to make money. Its a business after all people. I worry myself about my beloved club people but we have to get behind everything that is LFC. ANd part of that is FSG. I believe they will invest in the summer and stadium will get done. Heads up REds. ynwa"
Bilboaz
30th Jan 2014 17:54
"And for the management and transfer committee being unable to wrap up a decent transfer deal is such a joke! I can't imagine how our transfer dealings would be in the summer!"
TOPLIVERFAN
30th Jan 2014 18:03
"Asking their views now? Wow - you would think that would be first. More to drag it out until FSG sell up. Its time Councils charged business's £1m a day for wasting their time with claptrap planning applications."
ivka7
30th Jan 2014 18:04
"So we are not going to buy anyone?Because we relly, really need defensive midfielder."
redbart1
30th Jan 2014 18:06
"More delay, more talk and more penny, or should I say Dollar, pinching. New stadium. Lies, Top players. More lies. As a fan I have no interest in the local area. We need a new stadium, that's down to the club. The council sort out the housing etc. Please do not go down the route Newcastle have. A mish mash of different stands."
oldanfield
30th Jan 2014 18:19
"stresses red if this is a smoke screen then it would be stupid, new players= top 4 champions league football= more money= helping fund new stadium.. "
Denza Red
30th Jan 2014 18:32
"This has NOTHING to do with FSG! This is about the consultation and planning process with Liverpool City Council. If your local council did not consult with you on a major regeneration of your local area, would you be happy? The wheels of bureaucracy turn mightily slow! PATIENCE people! This IS a significant step forward."
Kopkan
30th Jan 2014 18:34
"Totally in agreement with stressed red!"
Ronny-G
30th Jan 2014 18:42
"In this project the owners are going about it the right way. The idea of building a new 60,00 seater was completely idiotic. This affects people living in the area and it has to be dealt with correctly, both financially and how it improves the area. Good to see an update."
yudialonso
30th Jan 2014 18:46
"Fsg is for a profit here at Lfc..I have checked the Forbes List..Their Net worth Increased because of the investments of the baseball clubs..and now they have some 1.7 billion dollars net worth.. I dont see them as they really want to see liverpool succed ( I hope they really do..If they will do ..they sure will have all of our love ) "
Ronny-G
30th Jan 2014 18:46
"And no stressed red... it's not a smoke screen. I do think there is a flaw in the transfer dealings of LFC these days. I think that's because transfers are being done by committee now. But concerning the stadium, it's a bureaucratic process. Nice to see an update showing some progress. In time Anfield will be bigger and better. "
butchcaseylucky
30th Jan 2014 18:46
"People need to realise fsg want to make money out of lfc not lose money it's common sense with any business"
5STARKOP
30th Jan 2014 18:48
"Agree stressed red I thought that my self, but with Ayre dithering I think we ain't geting no new stadium or refurb soon we had Rik parry now Ayre, completely inept chief exec shocking how in 2014 we r only at the stage of taking opinions of the residents, this shud have been done in the 90s shocking impcompetence that city arsenal united have overtaken us and we just dither in everything we do."
Ronny-G
30th Jan 2014 18:49
"yudialonso... do you realise that 1.7 billion in worth doesn't mean in cash? And guess what Abramovich and other big club owners are worth... Billions more... so what? And here's another piece of news for you. LFC has always been and will always be a business. The whole idea is to make a profit. Get used to that fact! And the more profit the better for all, including us fans."
LFCLJ
30th Jan 2014 18:58
"I can't have that! people saying FSG are a joke full of false promises? what exactly have they done wrong? Wasn't it BR who said if the right players not available then we will not sign anyone? no point buying for the sake of it. We NEED a bigger squad? do we? we 4th and most rivals have to come to Anfield really people get a grip one bad transfer window doesn't eclisp the fact we still 4th"
redbart1
30th Jan 2014 19:04
"Ronny G. Profit!!!! You are not kidding. We pay three times as much as Hull and Newcastle for our season tickets are for what? No CL, no trophies and unlike Newcastle, no chance of a beer at half time. I can see where their 1.7 billion comes from. Our pockets!"
LFCLJ
30th Jan 2014 19:04
"How about certain investors pulled out when they realised they not gonna make a massive profit? FSG haven't done anything wrong yet, maybe they will maybe they are in it for money who the hell isn't??? certainly not the players lol dam they get too much money and we not ging them off for not wanting to play for free are we?"
pfl10
30th Jan 2014 19:10
"I really wish whoever looks after the website would take away the comment box on the front-page on the site. The tripe that appears here is embarrassing. Leave the discussion to the message forums not on the public website."
LFCLJ
30th Jan 2014 19:15
"Messi gadge? so you don't believe they not in it for profit i guess? Well sp far everything they done been good for the club including possibly no signings this window in a weird sort of way we play better when we need to and we do need to cos we go none to come in? if ya know what i mean so until they lie and don't build expansion or obviously mess us up like previous yanks ill be behind FSG"
LFCLJ
30th Jan 2014 19:18
"Im also unemployed so if they need a public relations person or someone to talk them up I'm available"
cool..lfc
30th Jan 2014 19:19
"hahaha. .trying to divert our attention. . for not buying anybody...f.s.g cant afford a 11 million player..how are they gonna extend the stadium? "
shankleysghost
30th Jan 2014 19:23
"pfl 10. Public opinion is an embarrassment, eh? But they ARE enled, that's what open forum is."
shankleysghost
30th Jan 2014 19:25
"Sorry. For enled read enled."
shankleysghost
30th Jan 2014 19:26
"enled."
pfl10
30th Jan 2014 19:31
"shankleysghost - Everyone is enled to their opinion I'm not abdicating gagging folk. My annoyance is you log into the site, the club post a story and then some wonder red posts something stupid that makes no sense to the story. Discuss everything and anything that's what the forums are for but having the comment box under the story on the official website looks terrible."
shankleysghost
30th Jan 2014 19:32
"Something wrong here - the word I am sending is not enled - but enled. If enled appears again this an unexplained error."
SamAjax66
30th Jan 2014 19:35
"Strange timing, is it not, for this regeneration update to come out with just one day of the transfer window left and the club supposedly working hard behind the scenes to clinch a major signing. I hope it's only a coincidence and not a deliberate distraction from failure to do any transfer business. "
shankleysghost
30th Jan 2014 19:35
"en led"
30th Jan 2014 19:39
"Not saying F F S at anyone - just highlighting how it is part of the word o f f s ide and therefore gets blocked. "
shankleysghost
30th Jan 2014 19:41
"Complex_Messi ah. Many thanks! I thought dementia was setting in. There again, it may just be demented censors!"
pecclehead
30th Jan 2014 19:43
"moan moan moan moan moan.. thats all you lot do. where are the propr fans?/ this article is nothing to do with ian ayres transfers! duh"
Dunkturk
30th Jan 2014 19:51
"I think the owners are trying to be as honest as they can by putting this info out there. Legally they can't promise anything, because the re-generation of the area is a legal quagmire which it seems they have patiently stepped through. I think they're handling the clubwith respect and no false promises. "
Savilleo
30th Jan 2014 19:54
"Ye I'll probably have kids when its finally done and I'm school. By then the Nou Camp will probs seat 150'000"
randfield rap88
30th Jan 2014 19:55
"This is a smokecreen to divert from the fact its unlikely we will sign a player.I know this sort of thing happened when we missed out on diego costa and willian last summer. The fans are clever though. so what we need is for our injured players to come back asap and top four can be ours and who knows maybe the FA cup as well"
JENGAFETT
30th Jan 2014 19:58
"The stadium rumbles on thts bn near 3 and a half years since owners took us over and they say its all supposed to b completed by 2018 everything including area regeneration etc no doubts the stadium will b right at the end if its done at all"
5STARKOP
30th Jan 2014 20:07
"Complex Messi how big headed n arrogant of you to think you are a proper fan and the Rest of us our inferior that's the arrogance of more a united fan not a real fan, Liverpool Is where it is due to the global fan base who contribute millions of pounds into the club without which we would be no where likewise our sponsorship deals would not have happened if we just had a local fan base alone "
beetle85
30th Jan 2014 20:13
"gigity gigity"
calred
30th Jan 2014 20:44
"Is the doent only available to those in Liverpool? I get Sorry Page not found from all of the links provided ???"
calred
30th Jan 2014 20:47
"Looks like the filtering getting a little over-zealous again. My previous comment had the very suspect word D O C U M E N T in it. Guess they don't like the 3rd to 5th letters together in sequence. :-) "
30th Jan 2014 20:48
"I hjave followed this closely and FSG have been nothing but honest about this all. It was clear from the off that they had to rid the plans already in place from the Cowboys, and ridding of the plan cost nearly £50m (that's right). So, the next step is making new plans right? Some of you should maybe go and research how long this takes. Anyway, FSG are building a stadium on their terms."
Not_Lovren_it!
30th Jan 2014 20:48
"Sign some players god damn you. "
redbart1
30th Jan 2014 20:50
"It was Ayre who had the word B A L L S banned. He is working on banning the word UP. But that might take time some time for him to finalise!!!!"
mushroomscouser275NART
30th Jan 2014 20:53
"I thought Barbara Woodhouse was dead....she isnt....she is obviously alive and enled."
30th Jan 2014 20:58
"I bet some of you stand of the electricians shoulder telling him how to do his job the way some just shout orders about as if they are the intellectual salt of the universe. The project has taken so long for factors some of you are clearly not aware if, more so, not bothered to properly investigate. Subjectivity is a scholars worst nightmare."
30th Jan 2014 21:01
"mushroomscouser275NART - you remind me of that guy nuying everyone drinks in the bar but leaves himself skint at the end of the week. Rant rant rant. Business economics doesn't worry about short term profit you absolute potato. Why did they not just sell Luis then? Please, use your tiny brain for a minute. Short term profit? They could have profited by selling the club 4 MONTHS after buying it LOL"
mushroomscouser275NART
30th Jan 2014 21:05
"If FSG announced plans for an new build 80000 seat stadium there would be no complaints. And there were none when Gillet and Hicks announced it. In fact, there was a fair bit of excitment. It formed s major part of the sale.FSG not only binned the plans, but oh so conveniently wrote them off as exceptionals in the accounts and then proceed to talk without spending a cent."
30th Jan 2014 21:05
"Investment firms want to SUSTAIN profit. But lets just think ablut this for a minute, if FSG wanted short term profit, why don't they just sell their entire franchise and become innovators? Their entire economic premise is based on their franchises succeeding in their respective sports (to some degree) because that stimulates the brand. "
Bondy9
30th Jan 2014 21:05
"This regeneration of Anfield is as bad as our attempts in the transfer market it goes on and on the nothing happens how much longer is it going to take because we are losing revenue from the extra capacity "
30th Jan 2014 21:08
"The only way you people will get your wish is this: A deluded Arab Oil owner decides he's had enough of Horse Racing and decides to buy us. Otherwise, the model FSG has brought to the table is the only model any owner will ever offer us. So, either keep your nonsensical moaning up, or just accept this is they way it is. "FSG out" is wasting your breath."
30th Jan 2014 21:14
"mushroomscouser275NART - Your reply didn't provide an argument against what I am saying and is essentially a typical redundant argument. You rant, that is what you do. You don't have enough intelligence to process information without showing needless emotion. Provide me with evidence as to why their only concern is "short-term" profit. "
30th Jan 2014 21:16
"There will be obstacles and some people will post comments trying to persuade others that fan ownership will never happen. There needs to be wider debate in football and govt (as useless as political puppets often are), but obstacles can be overcome. The fact that Anfield is now protected as an Asset of Community Value is good. Best thing to do is check out and support Spirit of Shankly."
Loz99
30th Jan 2014 21:16
"Hot Ayre Balloon was seen over Ukraine this afternoon, was thought at first to be a UFO."
30th Jan 2014 21:19
"OF COURSE THEY WANT PROFIT. I mean, what planet are we all on here? This website wants profit, your bus service needs profit, your local sandwhich shop will die without it. Where is the denial from anyone they do not want profit? Short-term profit though, is completely different because that does not imply investment and seems an obsolete method in football. Evidence though?"
Loz99
30th Jan 2014 21:20
"We need to make a statement with our stadium expansion, like making it about 80,000 capacity ie at least bigger capacity than that large dustbin at the other end of East Lancs Road, Why not? We are Liverpool FC we need to make statements, especially in the flippin' transfer windows, how does a great club like us faff around so much at these times??? "
30th Jan 2014 21:24
"I am not an advocate of FSG. But a basic principle needs to be understood so many of you just safe your breaths: What FSG are doing is normal for any football club owner - remain sustainable - what is not normal is the Oil Rich billionaires who are an anomaly. Your club either has one, or they don't. So, your moaning is to death ears unless some Arab comes along. Understood?"
newtowngalaxy
30th Jan 2014 21:32
"In other words, we wont be buying anyone in Jan and Spurs have poached another of our targets. I hope I am just being cynical."
30th Jan 2014 21:34
"mushroomscouser275NART - Again, you have replied with a non-argument. You then even twist my entire stance to "not caring about the club enough". This is the general reply from a man with a tiny brain. You said FSG were here for "short-term" profit. I need evidence of them wanting this. It needs to be good because this story basically debunks your entire stance."
30th Jan 2014 21:34
30th Jan 2014 21:34
30th Jan 2014 21:34
newtowngalaxy
30th Jan 2014 21:35
"FSG and Ayre must think we are stupid.The timing of this press release is very co-incidental. If we arent buying players just say it and stop giving us smokescreens."
30th Jan 2014 21:36
"What you fail to understand Mushroom is I know exactly what I am talking about. Short term profit is not something that seems obvious to me. Ypou call me a Gimp because you have no argument, nothing substantial to add or anything concrete to refute me. So, try not to take this personally but until I see CONCRETE evidence FSG are here for the "short-term", your stance remains defunct."
Dunkturk
30th Jan 2014 21:37
"Why was my comment deleted? That's not fair!"
30th Jan 2014 21:40
"mushroomscouser275NART - They invested to keep Luis because they knew keeping him would boost our chances of getting in the CL - where their investment would be re-couped with interest (profit increase gradually - NOT short-term profit). If this is a bad thing then maybe I am living in the wrong paradigm or something. Sorry Mush, but your comment there just debunked your own argument."
mushroomscouser275NART
30th Jan 2014 21:49
"Concrete evidence? The sqaud is skeletal, there is no.comitment to any stadium expendure at all...there has been no investment in club infrastructure, the value of transfers is the lowest for years and FSG won't discuss sponsorship values or transfer costs....explain how ANY of that behaviour points to anything other than maximising short term profit? "
newtowngalaxy
30th Jan 2014 21:51
"a note to FSG: the only way to answer the spuds latest attempt to be a parasite on our every move is to actually get this player, pay over the odds if he's that good.Getting to champs league is the surest way to shut spuds up as they will fail further next season with no champ league money to prop them up. "
mushroomscouser275NART
30th Jan 2014 21:56
"So you are saying Saurez being issued a new contract has not increased his value?....you think it is reasonanle and sustainable that one player has the value of at least 6 in our first XI against Everton? No.offence mate, but you are talking rubbish. Naive rubbish at that."
centrecircle11
30th Jan 2014 22:16
"Arguments and counter arguments and visa versa-the thing is fsg are slow movers TW,stadium investments, stadium rebuild in fact there slow full stop.fans like mushy want to see some CONCRETE action from fsg, not just bull and it does look like fsg have dragged there heels for too long now. Is they a genuine reason for this? Is it short term profit? I dont think any of us know. "
centrecircle11
30th Jan 2014 22:24
"But what is obvious is fsg WILL NOT put there OWN money in to invest in stadium build/tw.there will not take risks and imo there want lfc to pay for itself(if i make sense)"
versic
30th Jan 2014 22:34
"Deflection from the lack of transfer activity!"
ArklowRed
30th Jan 2014 22:44
"Felt like making a negative 'need players first' comment but we do need a bigger stadium to aid future player investment. It will also attract players and add to the advantage at home games. Just hope this happens this time."
mickmcartney
30th Jan 2014 23:12
"Shouldn't the headline say "Anfield degeneration update", with a picture of several dead-eyed, brainless degenerate zombies (John Henry, Tom Werner and Ian Ayre) hunched over in the doorway of a derelict terraced house...feasting on the corpse of a recently deceased Liverbird...?"
mickmcartney
30th Jan 2014 23:31
"As Johnny Rotten once said: "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated? Good night." "
mushroomscouser275NART
30th Jan 2014 23:34
"No one knows FSGs intent?...but we hoped for a new stadium...we hoped for serious speculation in the player markets befitting a club of our size, Look at Spurs. Look at Arsenal...stadium and player investment.All of FSGs post 2012 actons point to cost cutting to maximize the profits from increased sponsorships and MASSIVE 60m tv rights income. We even have to pay to wait for a season ticket!"
mushroomscouser275NART
30th Jan 2014 23:38
"mickmcartney 30th Jan 2014 23:31...100% spot on."
Billy B girl
30th Jan 2014 23:56
"I wish FSG would go for the big new stadium in Stanley Park! maybe the rumours of selling are right - top four gives us loads of money and with Luis etc a good time to sell then maybe ? "
mushroomscouser275NART
31st Jan 2014 0:17
"A nice big new 80000 seat stadium st overshadowing Goodison in the UKs capital of footie..creating kind and pride....instead we get palmed off with this sh!t from a shower of greedy ba from Boston who visit once a year....FSG OUT."
Loz99
31st Jan 2014 0:25
"Taking an aerial view of Old Trafford, it resembles a large Skip."
Thomassimsg
31st Jan 2014 0:35
"Very clever!!! Try to draw the fans attention away from the transfer market? DISAPPOINTING FSG"
Galaxie Reds
31st Jan 2014 1:24
"typical americans way of diverting peoples focus away from the real issue.... "
Papa Syed
31st Jan 2014 3:31
"Patience peeps!"
NicknameRed
31st Jan 2014 3:38
"What a joke...thanks for the update and diverting our attention. The Anfield regeneration plan and surveys link to website in this article is interesting."
NicknameRed
31st Jan 2014 3:51
"Like Loz and Mushroom said, we need a massive stadium be it renovate or not, THAT should of been figured out by now by management. Well to be fair the link states a plan. Lol at the moniker, Ian Hot Ayre Balloon, that'l do me!"
NicknameRed
31st Jan 2014 3:59
"I respect FSG and all and if they want to profit then fine(we dont have a say but lets admit buying a club originally was a rich mans toy, some investors believed they could profit and followed on). Anyway regarding transfers,just seems to be many things that affect a transfer(FFP, salary rise per season, money out of pocket, risk, etc). FF.S take a risk and pay a lil extra, we'll benefit."
bruciewhatsthescore
31st Jan 2014 9:01
"Mushroom you really are clueless. Cheap expansion? are you for real? 800000seat stadium? It isn't feasible unless you want to be playing in Emirates stadium and paying 60-90 for tckts"
bruciewhatsthescore
31st Jan 2014 9:04
"Mushroom Mill Finance? SOS campaigned to STOP them getting their claws into the club with Hicks as their partner. you really have no clue about what/who will destroy this football club. The regeneration problems FSG are working through - they are the most transparent owners we could wish for. Educate yourselves - these message boards are a joke... "
M4dd
31st Jan 2014 9:40
"The link is broken, there is no doent to be viewed."
bruciewhatsthescore
31st Jan 2014 9:46
"what are you talking about New York judges for you t i t? FSG made an offer, RBS told the board to sell or pay in full. No collusion whatsover. This has all been done. And Spurs? Seriously? go through managers, Selling their best player whereby FSG smashed the wage structure to retain ours. seriously thick people on here. Its a conspiracy!! haha"
bruciewhatsthescore
31st Jan 2014 10:36
"Good to see my comments were deleted - well done mods. I'd love fan ownership aswell but do trust FSG. LFC fans couldn't afford to buy the club - ask Rogan Taylor and he'll tell you there was no chance, sad, but true."
31st Jan 2014 10:52
"Given that LFC has a multi-million global fanbase, there will always be potential for fan ownership, as Spirit Of Shankly advocate. The Bundesliga 50 per cent plus one model that combines some corporate input to ensure success on and off the field could be adapted. There needs to be wider debate and less apathy, and SOS getting Anfield protected as an Asset of Community Value was a good start."
31st Jan 2014 15:51
"December 2000, Miami officials and Marlins baseball franchise owned by John Henry announced plans for a new stadium in downtown Miami. As part of the agreement, Marlins would sign a 40-year lease and change their team name from Florida Marlins to Miami Marlins. The lease involved John Henry paying $240 million along with a four percent surcharge on ticket sales to pay for the facility."
31st Jan 2014 15:51
"To finance the stadium, the plan was to use surplus from a county hotel bed tax. According to County Manager, Merritt Stierheim, the surplus was $100 million. Miami-Dade Mayor Alex Pinellas, supported this as he assured taxpayers there would be no new taxes because "bed money" was available for projects such as the stadium. Classic case of corporate welfare/socialism for the rich."
31st Jan 2014 15:51
"Optimism was high, especially with John Henry's promise to keep the team intact and improve it. However, the optimism would be short-lived as the plan ran into many snags over the years. Among the snags was this agreement being scrapped when John Henry sold Marlins to Jeff Loria to buy Red Sox in a sale widely acknowledged as an underhand, rigged deal between Henry, Loria, and Bud Selig."
31st Jan 2014 15:51
"Apart from John Henry and Tom Werner's sale of Marlins to acquire Red Sox being acknowledged as a rigged deal also involving Major League Baseball chief Bud Selig, other snags included failures to convince Florida legislature to approve various key elements to various versions of stadium deals by Henry and then Loria."
31st Jan 2014 15:51
"Spirit of Shankly advocates fan ownership and has already got Anfield registered as an Asset of Community Value. Best and most progressive way forward is to support SOS and its objectives. Has to be better to have people who love LFC more involved in owning LFC than having greedy bankers exploiting the club for profit. Bundesliga has a good model for fan ownership."
31st Jan 2014 15:51
"There are probably no 100% perfect ownership models and some would prefer billionaires who do spend big (unlike FSG) - eg MCFC or CFC. Many football experts say the Bundesliga model offers most progressive way with fan ownership using fans' combined resources, and some corporate investment input, meaning the club flourishes on and off the pitch, but is never a cash cow for greedy bankers."
31st Jan 2014 15:52
31st Jan 2014 15:52
"No wonder FSG didn't post any reports about this very important fact on LFC.com! Like most investment bankers involved in profiteering from and exploiting our beloved football clubs, they, the bankers, (FSG) are absolutely gutted at the prospect of fan ownership of the stadium, let alone the club, in any way threatening their profit-making potential. Fans are in it for love, not for profit!"
31st Jan 2014 15:52
"FSG will be long gone by 2018....after they have taken as much profit as they can extract from our club, and made as many false promises as they could make along the way, about the stadium and "the project". At least Anfield is potentially protected from any profiteering by FSG, due to being registered as an Asset of Community Value, thanks to Spirit Of Shankly..."
31st Jan 2014 15:53
"This has similarities to false promises John Henry made to Miami Marlins fans a while back. He promised a new stadium funded using a lot of taxpayer money but none of the proposals met legal requirements and then Henry sold Marlins and bought Red Sox with Tom Werner in what was described in legal circles as an underhand deal involving Bud Selig and Jeff Loria."
31st Jan 2014 15:53
"Strangely enough, Judge Eileen Bransten of New York Supreme Court has also called FSG's cut-price buyout of LFC an alledgedly underhand deal in which there was alledgedly collusion with the bankrupt, taxpayer-bailed out RBS bank, hence the prospect of a messy and embarrassing court case involving accusations of fraud and conspiracy to rig the buyout of LFC, involving RBS and FSG."
31st Jan 2014 15:53
"The main difference between Hicks and Gillette and FSG is the Texan Twots used leveraged debt whereas the finance oligarchs, FSG, are independently massively wealthy. Both bought LFC for the same reason though - to extract maximum revenues from the global franchise and then sell our club for a profit for themselves. Check out Spirit Of Shankly and find out why fan ownership is the better way."
31st Jan 2014 15:53
"John Henry's personal worth is 1.7 billion. Red Sox are valued at 1.3 billion. The combined worth of all the FSG investors is around 26 billion dollars. Investing money in LFC for whatever purpose should not be an issue for these people but they clearly prefer investing more money elsewhere while waiting to cash in on LFC as revenues keep rolling in."
31st Jan 2014 15:57
31st Jan 2014 15:57
"Inner Circle investment bank would be the source for info on FSG's reasons for getting LFC in a deal described by a New York Supreme Court judge as allegedly rigged. Inner Circle brought FSG to LFC. FSG are only bought LFC because Inner Circle advised them how much profit they could extract from LFC's global revenue streams. Inner Circle also brought Hicks and Gillette to LFC. Nuff said."
31st Jan 2014 15:57
"Why would anonymous FSG investors e.g Ginsberg and Klarman invest in LFC for glory, not profit for themselves? They wouldn't! They invested to gain a profit when the asset is matured and sold. So why did John Henry state as far as he is concerned FSG are not in it for profit. There is a disconnect. Someone is lying and/or confused. Is it Henry the front man or the FSG background investors?"
31st Jan 2014 15:59
"John Henry's open letter to LFC fans, 2012: "I can say with authority that our ownership is not about profit." If/when FSG sell LFC, they should forego any hundreds of millions more that the club at that point might be worth, and make sure that money goes to LFC, otherwise we can agree FSG were lying. Show us an investment banker who says he is not in it for profit and we'll show you a liar. "
31st Jan 2014 15:59
"John Henry's open letter to LFC fans, Sep. 2012 - "I can say with authority that our ownership is not about profit." So, if/when FSG sell LFC, they should forego any hundreds of millions more that the club at that point will be worth, and make sure that money goes to LFC, otherwise we can all agree FSG were lying...No? Hell will more likely freeze over."
31st Jan 2014 15:59
"The pro-FSG lot want it both ways. They say FSG don't lie and say of course FSG are in it for their own profit. Their argument is destroyed by John Henry clearly stating in his open letter that FSG are not in it for profit. But, FSG are investment bankers so MUST be in it for profit, thus John Henry has lied. Only if FSG sell for LFC for zero profit will this be disproved. How likely is that?"
31st Jan 2014 16:04
"To those who keep censoring the accurate information being posted about FSG and their criminal banker buddies - don't worry....the finance oligarchs and bankers do not care about you either....Just have a little think about that. Also, take a look at what happened to Faust when he made his pact...."
Pete1863
1st Feb 2014 20:34
"I smell a decomposing rat. 10 years of talking about a new stadium. Less talking mire action on a 60,000 plus stadium. Penny pinching on that as,well. "
thekopsuarez
7th Feb 2014 20:33
"Brader pooos fr d 21st? :O"
Lucullus
8th Feb 2014 21:15
"No Macca ....you are the joke"
BillyScouse
14th Feb 2014 11:06
"This is like pulling teeth!!"
BillyScouse
14th Feb 2014 11:13
"Anyone else sick of this negative ranting from Complex_Messiah? Totally paranoid! I really can't see what FSG have done wrong to date. They've put LFC on a steady financial footing and now it's all coming together on the pitch!"
Gerrard 08
16th Feb 2014 15:51
"We need a bigger capacity desperate! Got the biggest fan based in the world yet not the biggest stadium. Hurry up Ian ayre need more fans in the ground supporting the team!! YNWA "
kipper3
17th Feb 2014 21:51
"get the ground redeveloped as soon as poss also just watched yevhen konoplyanka and he is a very fast and skilful player so I suggest ian ayre or rogers watch him on Thursday night against spurs and see what they think but be aware if he playw well other clubs will be after him in the summer so I think we should sort out a deal as soon as we are allowed"
thebull79
18th Feb 2014 15:45
"Did we all forget the major requirement when FSG to take over was to build a new stadium?? https://.facebook.com/FenwayWeComeNotToPay"
thekopsuarez
18th Feb 2014 16:54
"we have been talking about a new stadium or expanding anfield for a long time..whats embarrasing is that man city suddenly comes up with a plan to expand their stadium capacity and it gets nodded..the saddest part is we are yet to negotiate with the local residaents..what the '''' are this people up to??????"
biggsy71
21st Feb 2014 3:53
"Where can we see the proposed stadium model ??"
biggsy71
21st Feb 2014 4:01
"Will the new development ever come to fruition , its been going on now for such a long time. Just maybe F S G are not paying enough in backhanders to the right councillors . Its strange how other clubs get on with their development plans, ie Man City , Arsenal , Man Utd, Chelsea and we are still talking about it years later ????"
AW2011