Comments

oh to be a fly on the wall back then!
pav78
8th Sep 2013 9:54
Deanfearo71
8th Sep 2013 9:58
"Great story from a manc , I wish there were always as honest, I hope our club can win the premiership for shanks this year "
brimac123cat
8th Sep 2013 10:20
"An old evertonian mate of mine worked on the back of Shanks's house, and he told me every break time the great man would come out with a tray of tea and biscuits and sit down with the men and talk about Liverpool, nothing else but . And my mate loved him despite being a blue. "
SuperShadow
8th Sep 2013 10:20
"Great article, about a great man! LFC godfather indeed, great words as well by Bobby Charlton, goes to show that dignity & respect can still exist between bitter rivals! Well done."
ozyredno1
8th Sep 2013 11:44
"Great words from an era of terrific mutual respect. There should be more of it today. Thanks Bobby."
Ehimwema
8th Sep 2013 11:46
"Enough of this shanks of a thing we need news about our player and interview of br."
redsquirral
8th Sep 2013 11:58
"Ehimwema - It's international break, nothings happening now. Sit tight pal."
Pennywise-LFC
8th Sep 2013 12:05
"Ehimwema - Have some respect!! If it wasn't for Shanks, you probably wouldn't be supporting Liverpool right now. Why do they let little kids put up comments on here??"
dibbydoo2001
8th Sep 2013 12:56
"Great comments , and respect to Sir Bobby . Shanks influenced so many people and in such positive ways . Talking about him he almost comes alive . Young Liverpool fans need to know about Shankly and how he pulled the Club up by its bootlaces . "
Cootlfc
8th Sep 2013 13:41
"Thank you Sir Bobby, the acceptable face of MUFC. "
Stim
8th Sep 2013 15:26
"Wonderful times with wonderful people,none moreso than the great Bill Shankly & Sir Bobby Charlton. Football Royalty. I have come to realise even more than before over this past week,just what a powerful driven person Bill Shankly was and just how much he endlessly adored Liverpool Football Club,the Liverpool Supporters and their great city. Shankly Lives Forever. You'll Never Walk Alone"
Loz99
8th Sep 2013 17:08
"Shanks aparently had chats with Fergie too, thing is Fergie picked his brains and simply set about building an empire of his own first at Pittodrie then at Old Trafford in the same model. Remember that Sir Matt Busby was a former captain at Anfield before he went to Manu. Problem was Shanks may have taught Fergie too much. "
Loz99
8th Sep 2013 17:12
"Don't get too watery in the eyes reading this, Charlton was commenting on the Liverpool v Borussia M Final 1977 openly stated he didn't want Liverpool to win because he wanted utd to be the only english team to win it. "
Norfolk in Chance
8th Sep 2013 18:43
"Interesting story from slap head Charlton. In fact its probably the only interesting thing he's ever said.. As for Shanks visiting his missus whilst he was away.. Erm say no more about that... lol "
Norfolk in Chance
8th Sep 2013 18:46
"Ehimwema: that's the most stupid thing I've ever read on this site. And there have been a lot of stupid things said by some very stupid people. So I guess congratulations are in order! You have made the most stupid comment ever! Well done."
Erickmeijer
8th Sep 2013 20:47
"Always had the up most respect for Booby Carlton, such a genuine man. Manc he may be, but also a true Gentleman. If we ever see the likes of thesemen again we will be truly blessed. Shankly is a true Liverpool great!"
Loz99
8th Sep 2013 23:34
"When I was in the Kop 1968 I remember The Kop shouting insulting things about George Best being Irish etc. We lost 4-1 at home that day, Yeats scored for us, then Ian Ure for them, then Charlton and Best and maybe Willie Morgan. Seems like yesterday. I had a fractured skull from road accident previous day, Still wouldn't miss it though, against Doctor's orders. "
belafonte
8th Sep 2013 23:52
"What a great man Shanks was! Liverpool should name a stand after him jus like the manc did to fergus. I don't know if I'm d only one thinking that Brendan Rodgers will turn out to be the next shanks...YNWA "
Loz99
8th Sep 2013 23:55
"CORRECTION When I was in the Kop 1969 I remember The Kop shouting insulting things about George Best being Irish etc. We lost 4-1 at home that day, Yeats scored for us, then Ian Ure for them, then Charlton and Morgan and we gave away an o.g. Morgan. Seems like yesterday. I had a fractured skull from road accident previous day, Still wouldn't miss it though, against Doctor's orders."
Loz99
9th Sep 2013 0:00
"belafonte 8th Sep 2013 23:52, A Shankly stand would be great. I'd go for that no problem. "
ashsunburn66
9th Sep 2013 1:30
"I am from Asia and was very young when I was first introduced to English Football back then. I saw the likes of Billy Bremner, George Best etc but fell in love with LFC. As I understood football better, my love for LFC and Shanks, Paisley and co grew to what it is today. One of the fiercest LFC supporter there is.Thank-You Shanks for everything and above all else, for making what LFC is.."
RedinAfrica
9th Sep 2013 6:49
"What a wonderful story.Ehimwema please educate yourself about this great servant of LFC before posting comments."
KidofKop88
9th Sep 2013 6:52
"I was not lucky to born in those glory days.. I want to see all those days desperately again with the current Liverpool team.."
JosLFC4ever
9th Sep 2013 9:49
"respect=]"
crummbumm
9th Sep 2013 13:45
"Hello all, my name is buddha and I am a syphilis-riddled, senile little chelsea rent-a-c#nt."