Comments

Eriksen!
abz4ever
11th Jul 2013 15:06
LiverpoolForever78
11th Jul 2013 15:07
"We believe you can get us to the top 4 this season .. dont let us down"
JazzNTAC
11th Jul 2013 15:08
"Do we share our recruitment team with Spurs? As every player we are linked with so is Spurs."
CommanderCool
11th Jul 2013 15:09
"omg, thats all??!! well Brendan, when you´re happy with your squad than there are no more excuses! "
Natural Poolie
11th Jul 2013 15:09
"That is good to hear BR, hopefully that means that the next couple of players in will be good enough to get into the starting line up. I do have a bit more confidence now, I was getting worried for the next season!"
Credable
11th Jul 2013 15:09
"Thats a real good sign! Starting 11 player to come and I'm sure who ever it is is going to help us push on! The league is looking hard this year with everyone improving their squads but I have a feeling...YNWA"
NinjaGaz
11th Jul 2013 15:09
"Great to hear. I agree that the squad has strengthened, but we do need some definite first team players to help us catch up to the teams above us. A dominant CB and a goal scoring AM please!"
Nickofella
11th Jul 2013 15:11
"Bernard!"
dios38
11th Jul 2013 15:11
"Bernard, Konoplyanka, Yarmolenko, Lamela, Eriksen, Muriel, Muniain, Gonalons, Kondogbia, Coentrao, Alex Sandro, Alderweireld, Papadopoulos. I've compiled the list for you Brendan! =D"
Ollyw3
11th Jul 2013 15:13
"So essentially, the first Four are squad players, and NOW the hunt begins for first team players? Maybe now the more Fickle fans will see some better known signings. How i do hope for another CB, attacking mid, and striker IF Suarez is to go..."
ItalianScouser89
11th Jul 2013 15:13
"Come on Brendan, bring us where we belong!"
Kennethzzz
11th Jul 2013 15:13
"Keisuke Honda!"
Nickofella
11th Jul 2013 15:16
"Bernard!"
DAMERICANRED
11th Jul 2013 15:20
"Suarez stay put."
TheLight
11th Jul 2013 15:21
"nice to hear we are now targeting our main transfers for the summer, as we have already done amazingly well! In BR and FSG we all trust!! "
karimessex81
11th Jul 2013 15:21
"That can only mean a striker to replace Suarez & a CB to replace Agger."
buddha1937
11th Jul 2013 15:21
"Go on BR slay the naysayers...."
hester91
11th Jul 2013 15:22
"that sounds very promising, seems we could sign some big names after all!!!"
Bouncerlfc94
11th Jul 2013 15:22
"Eriksen and Alderwiereld please BR. Shame we lost out on Mkhitaryan looked hopefull that deal would go through he scored his first goal the other day for Dortmund lovely finish "
DoctorLiverpool
11th Jul 2013 15:26
"Eriksen!"
towerburger
11th Jul 2013 15:28
"Bernard, and Toby!"
Yaweezy
11th Jul 2013 15:29
"This man is clever. Improving the squad has to do more with depth and squad players but improving the team has to do more with quality and players that are expected to walk straight into the first team. Dont be surprised to see Papadopoulus, Bernard and some other top lad soon."
DjafuLFC
11th Jul 2013 15:30
"that's what we want to hear!!"
RedRivelino
11th Jul 2013 15:33
"I would'nt say no to Bernard or Eriksen. Bernard is a more exciting player. "
Eurochampsforkeeps
11th Jul 2013 15:37
"Sign Hooper and Bernard. Two players for the price of Mkhitaryan! Hooper will score goals with Suarez, Surridge - provide cover, Bernard young and very good."
TheAnalyst
11th Jul 2013 15:40
"Some strange comments here: CommanderCool, what do you mean "that's all"? And karimessex81, why on earth should Agger be replaced?"
ajp81
11th Jul 2013 15:44
"This does sound more promising I just hope it is not all talk and we get 3 or 4 experienced players to help push us on to top 4."
classANDsuccess
11th Jul 2013 15:45
"Mkhitaryan- He went to BDortmund, who have CL football and got to the CL final. Do people on here even try to understand football? 'We should have got him!'-How? Outbidding the CL finalists? What next-Messi? Puskas?"
Foivetimes
11th Jul 2013 15:56
"Good to hear I'm certain mignolet is for the 1st eleven tho and aspas too. We need a very good cb and am and maybe some competition for Sturbridge a stone cold finisher like Fred of brazil I'm sure been would consider him if he was on a a freebie"
lfcredi
11th Jul 2013 16:02
"Must keep Agger and Suarez."
SkyZA
11th Jul 2013 16:04
"now that's a relief.I guess from now on we move for more established players who can just walk in into the first team.I was a little concerned that whilst other teams are signing exceptional talent we were only signing potential.We won't just waltz into top with relative ease as other teams are also beefing up thier squads.now lets see porper signings"
Loz99
11th Jul 2013 16:05
"Erikson, Alderweireld, Ola Toivenon. If we do the correct and sensible thing and keep Suarez (but don't let him go for less than 50mil) If we keep him, then one more clinical striker like Abel Hernandez (Palermo)."
Kestutis24
11th Jul 2013 16:11
"Please buy Oscar Cardozo! He's class and wants to leave Benfica so he won't be too expensive."
OptimusPrime83
11th Jul 2013 16:14
"Disappointed to miss out on Mkhitaryan but lets not let this happen again.Put a smile bk on all our faces with 1 maybe 2 marquee signings and get shot of Hannibal Lector for at least 50m"
Hanomac1
11th Jul 2013 16:15
"Every club misses out on players,real Madrid missed out on falcao but did there fans start moaning? Wait till the transfer window closes and then see what we've got,I have no doubt brendan will bring in 3 class players before the end of aug.ynwa"
ajp81
11th Jul 2013 16:18
"So far BR has spent just over £1m when you consider the transfers in and out. With Suarez going and no doubt others we should have around £60m - £80m to spend. I would play PC on the left and DS on the right and look to bring in a quality CF and AM. On top of that we need cover or preferably better quality LB, CB and DM brought in. "
Thanks2Shanks
11th Jul 2013 16:19
"Eriksen "
Avola
11th Jul 2013 16:19
"please for God sake BR, ERIKSON- "
Thanks2Shanks
11th Jul 2013 16:21
"Hell yea... sign Honda... that is a player that will pay his own wages in kits, might even sell those ugly kits.. plus he is a phenomenal footballer... and he is free... "
lfcredi
11th Jul 2013 16:23
"Suarez should be reminded of our tremendous support through all of the ups and downs - just remember that amazing surge of love for Luiz at the last game of the season. If we are not in the CL then I think it would be "fair" on both sides if he went at the end of next season. YNWA"
LFCliam7
11th Jul 2013 16:23
"Does that mean some big signings??"
Matt1966
11th Jul 2013 16:25
"It's quite clear we don't target anyone who's reasonably high profile, so we need to be extremely crafty, on a personal note, none of the transfers have yet got me remotely excited."
9xcommander
11th Jul 2013 16:26
"Bernard!"
PAUL1976
11th Jul 2013 16:39
"agreed abz4ever, just 1 quality signing , please..ynwa "
Centrecircle1000
11th Jul 2013 16:43
"So we are goind to improve the first 11.its good news-but look what BR as said " we have a list of players that we can afford and might be available to us"so we wont be buying players that want big money?"
ARobertsLFC
11th Jul 2013 16:43
"this news is what i expected, these new signings werent going to better our team but make our squad bigger and now the big signings will rain in! YNWA!!!! cant wait"
PAUL1976
11th Jul 2013 16:46
"yup i would be happy with just 1 world class potential player .like erikson, or i can see it being a very long season"
walshie10
11th Jul 2013 16:47
"All these names that are being put on here none of them will come in Fsg and there little puppet Ayre won't splash the cash to get a replacement worthy enough of Liverpool and we will end up with more squad players optimism for next season is breaking day by day "
Billy B girl
11th Jul 2013 17:02
"Well I for one am not convinced ! Who is his 'side kick' ? Do they mean Colin?"
Kidtastrophe
11th Jul 2013 17:23
"dios38 11th Jul 2013 15:11, I think you got that list off football manager."
dios38
11th Jul 2013 17:34
"Kidtastrophe: nope, i don't play computer/console game. just a list of players i like for a few realistic positions i think we need strengthening."
SIMPLYRED
11th Jul 2013 17:35
"The bald truth is that we are now a second -level, and selling club. Top players won't be coming because we're not in the CL, (and are a good few miles from it), and our top players are targets for "bigger" ie CL qualifying, clubs."
dios38
11th Jul 2013 17:35
"Kidtastrophe: nope, i don't play computer/console game. just a (realistic) list of players i like for a few positions i think we need strengthening."
Irteza
11th Jul 2013 17:42
"I'm a bit skeptical, past statistics will not deliver result. Yes we have bought in 4 to improve but teams above us (except Arsenal) also improved. If we think that all 4 will click from the beginning, that's a big ask also whether Suarez stays or not, we are without our top performer for 6 matches"
Redhotliverpool
11th Jul 2013 17:42
"We should hold out 45 million for Suarez, we cannot let other club bully our transfer. Then increase the price after a set time since it will leave us shorter time to find replacement. we should identify the right player, once Suarez is sold, we can reinvest wisely and quickly,therefore we can hit the ground running from the start of the season. "
WhelanR
11th Jul 2013 17:45
"Well its a statement of intent but the problem remains the same. Can we attract key players with no CL place? We need a top class defender and midfielder (and that's with keeping Suarez). Interesting 5 weeks ahead.."
Daxalea
11th Jul 2013 17:50
"I agree with classANDsuccess. You can't just go and "buy" any player. Even if we had £150m for 1 player we could not get Messi or Ronaldo. They want a stage and that stage is CL. BUT I do think the LFC name will bring in the next generation of world class talent!! Fingers crossed it does!!"
dan62
11th Jul 2013 17:54
"he probably only has 40 million to spend on key players and if that is so, don't expect more than 2, unless LS moves on. He did say players we can afford, too right as well, no point in paying stupid money on someone who could fail, had enough of those already"
WhelanR
11th Jul 2013 17:55
"Goes to show how important it is to have a recruitment team in place. Not a job for one man at any club in my view. They will be tested over the next 3-5 weeks but I wish them all well"
OrsonSwells
11th Jul 2013 18:02
"I reckon we're looking at a CB and an attacking midfielder. Unless/until Luis moves, of course, when we'll need to bring in a world class attacker..."
ajphunk
11th Jul 2013 18:13
"Marquee signing please! and keep Suarez."
lpdcollier08
11th Jul 2013 18:22
"This is pretty good news, BR will now be targeting players that will be starting eleven quality. "
buddha1937
11th Jul 2013 18:25
"Wheelan, another rocket scientist observation I see...You fail to see that the recruitment of players in all clubs for many years now, has always been the job of many, its called a scouting crew. But I guess you will try and spout your normal negative tripe and put a twist on it. I am so happy BR is disappointing you and other with his success. "
lpdcollier08
11th Jul 2013 18:30
"Classandsuccess - What planet are you from if you think money does not talk. How do you think City became a force now competing for everything, they paid over the odds to make sure they could compete, as did PSG and now Monoco, Chelsea. I am not saying we should do the same, but it is easily possible for us to compete for the top players without CL football. Cont - "
lpdcollier08
11th Jul 2013 18:30
"just as long as we are prepared to paid top money in wages."
MrSinghaling
11th Jul 2013 18:32
"You have done well so far but we missed out on Wanyama and Mkhitaryan. Hopefully we can make two big signings like Eriksen and another."
ajp81
11th Jul 2013 18:36
"Why do people want to keep Suarez? He may be world class but the way he is treating the club he has to go. At the moment he is worth £40m at least, if we keep him, I can see him having a bad atude and underperforming next season. Get 2 from Honda, Bernard or Eriksen or 1 of them & a quality CF. Then cover for DM & LB & a replacement for CB if Skyrtl leaves."
WhelanR
11th Jul 2013 18:38
"Buddha, I sure hope you get kicked off this site soon. No-one causes as much negativity on this site as you do. Get a life my friend and get off your couch. Rumour has it you haven't gone to an LFC match in your life. "
buddha1937
11th Jul 2013 18:40
"I have no doubt a marque signing is coming and it won't be based on paying the most monies either. As Rushjob uncharacteristically stated with baffling positivity - all doom sayers should wait until the end of the transfer window before passing judgement. "
buddha1937
11th Jul 2013 18:45
"Wheelan, you shouldn't deal in rumours as its not as credible as the truth. Now, if I was to call you a morose, self-hating, nauseating pretend fan...this would not be rumour, but fact, do see what I mean? If you keep practising truth telling you will soon get the hang of it. Good luck "
WhelanR
11th Jul 2013 18:51
"Buddha, I have travelled all over Europe to see the mighty reds play. I have been fortunate enough to see them pick up the Uefa Cup in 2001 and the CL in that famous 2005 CL final. I have also seen them lose with dignity two years later. I will continue to follow LFil my last breath. Stop your negativity to fans on this site. Everyone has a right to their own opinion!"
Kingmat
11th Jul 2013 18:52
"Pretty happy with the signings we have made and don't think we need too much more unless we lose anyone important. Would like a box to box miidfielder like moussa sissokho and and a left/wingback but got faith in our youngsters."
REDOPIUM
11th Jul 2013 18:52
"good news, suarez will leave its rumoured that arsenal will bid again this time 35m, we cant sell to a premier side, so looks like real will be his destination with a player plus cash deal."
Ronny-G
11th Jul 2013 18:54
"Enrique needs competition as he is far from being a consistent player... and Lucas needs back up... Joe Allen cannot handle DM. It will be interesting to see who leaves, stays and comes in. They may be looking at securing deals before selling Suarez. I don't understand having another keeper though."
buddha1937
11th Jul 2013 18:56
"Wheelan, if indeed you have been all over the world supporting LFC and I won't be childish like you and question your support, but spouting negative things all the time about the present situation is nauseating. We get it that you and some fans have not taken to BR and co but do we really have to have a relentless spillage, jeez.."
Kingmat
11th Jul 2013 18:57
"Did i miss the content of the 3 envelopes or do we have to wait for being liverpool the movie?"
WhelanR
11th Jul 2013 18:59
"Buddha, my comments haven't been negative at all. Yours certainly have though and for little reason. "
WhelanR
11th Jul 2013 19:01
"Anyway enjoy the evening LFC fans. YNWA"
vchoony
11th Jul 2013 19:02
"get manuel lanzini of river plate .this guy is pure genius"
nkem03
11th Jul 2013 19:07
"I don't understand this madness about world class player......cont"
nkem03
11th Jul 2013 19:08
" what if we get the so called world class player he doesn't fit in or even perform what next? i have seen so many so called top class players flop, the most important thing is good team because one player can not do it alone, we need a good player and not world class player who can not fit into our team, CL or no CL we can still attract any player we are not buying mercenaries "
buddha1937
11th Jul 2013 19:08
"I wonder who posted this positive ditty..All these names that are being put on here none of them will come in Fsg and there little puppet Ayre won't splash the cash to get a replacement worthy enough of Liverpool and we will end up with more squad players optimism for next season is breaking day by day...hmmm"
Kingmat
11th Jul 2013 19:08
"I do like to poke a stick at buddha but only ever in jest as i know he can take it like a soldier, but he is never negative against lfc, to his credit, apart from at the end of kd's reign. Let us hope is optimism on our future comes to fruition....."
Daxalea
11th Jul 2013 19:09
"Some great signings to a team that finished great last season. Really looking forward to the season ahead! Just saw Bernard and Eriksen on You Tube... WOW!! Lets hope we get one... or both!!"
sures214
11th Jul 2013 19:12
"Brendon where do we stand with Suarez transfer request. Is he staying or leaving am fed up first was F Torres now Suarez, they all take things for granted and do not want to honour their contract. This team has suffer a lot now MGBLFC "
Centrecircle1000
11th Jul 2013 19:13
"Buddha and whelanR- it is clear both of u dont get on cos of your differing views!!!!! This is because buddha sees whelan as a negative naysayer however whelan as come round of late and is contributing well instead of tellin us to take a hike!!! Whelan sees buddha as a prophising chelsea fan!!!! So the action is to be continued........."
Kingmat
11th Jul 2013 19:17
"Even if saurez has put a request in, the ball is in our court if we accept it or not. Probably best to keep him to christmas and flog him at an inflated price on our terms...."
Rushjob9
11th Jul 2013 19:20
"The proof is in the pudding Mr Rodgers. We wait with anticipation...."
WhelanR
11th Jul 2013 19:24
"Wanyama gone to Southampton for 12.5m"
Kidtastrophe
11th Jul 2013 19:32
"dios38 While I can believe you have watched some of these players I doubt you watch Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk. As for thinking they are realistic targets you do realise Muniain and Lamela are probably the best young Att Mids in the world and would cost £25m plus atleast and are being followed by teams with Champ league footy. Why would they choose us?"
Loz99
11th Jul 2013 19:36
"I believe this comments section is a forum where Tom, Dick and Harry and the dog can all air their views, no matter whether they are judged to be 'negative, inspiring, uplifting, depressing, encouraging or controversial, as long as they're not used to belittle other posters etc ie just live and let live, we're all different, please just respect one another YNWA"
Rushjob9
11th Jul 2013 19:41
"I have faith in this transfer committee- Sturridge and Coutinho instil that in me. Here's a prediction too- and no am not on drug5- I predict Fabio Borini to have a real impact this season. There you go- I've said it! "
Loz99
11th Jul 2013 19:43
"Sometimes I get frustrated when I think events at LFC are moving along too slow and seeing other clubs (especially less renowned clubs) getting guys we could have got (e.g. Mata, Silva etc) So I make negative vibes. Then when we make great signing (Suarez, Couthinho) I feel great and post more positively, isn't that perfectly normal behaviour??"
Red2theBone
11th Jul 2013 19:45
"Already lost out on Wanayama Mhkitaryan and Bony and looks like we might miss out on Alderweireld too, I say get 2 or 3 of theese Sakho Diame Matuidi Bernard Remy Ayew Eriksen Alderweireld Shaw Ilori Papa Soldado etc. . . . . zzzzzzzzz"
Kingmat
11th Jul 2013 19:49
"Old subject, I know, but has anyone heard that morinho doesn't rate mata!! Think it's a portuguese spanish thing. Maybe if saurez is chelski bound, mata could be included in the deal? "
Loz99
11th Jul 2013 19:50
"If any events, signings, or lack of signings, at any time happen to peeve you off then don't be afraid to let your frustrations out and just say it type'o'thing, that's life. Something happens and you feel great, share it with us, we're only human for Pete's sake, just respect each other, encourage etc, I love these comments section and all you guys and love reading all your views YNWA "
OptimusPrime83
11th Jul 2013 19:54
"Roumour has it that Chelsea are going to put in a bid for "Hannibal Suarez" and are offering Ivanovic as bait ?"
Kingmat
11th Jul 2013 19:55
"Lozz99- well said......"
Loz99
11th Jul 2013 20:01
"Kingmat 11th Jul 2013 19:49, yeah right mate, I think I recall readin' something about that sometime ago, you might have a very good point there, I'd love Mata here at Anfield but don't tell anyone but I'd be tempted to take Nando back as well, just a thought. "
JDMayn1
11th Jul 2013 20:07
"However the rest of the window goes we cannot allow Suarez to leave as strikers are becoming in very short supply across Europe. A couple of big names and he may change his mind anyway. Rooney being injured could affect the whole window. Chelsea and Arsenal and City are going to be left with hardly anyone to buy at this rate."
Loz99
11th Jul 2013 20:08
"Rushjob9 11th Jul 2013 19:41, I'd love nothing better than to see young Borini have a brilliant and fruitful season, he's such an enthusiastic and sound guy and has such natural abiliy, Come on Fabio, fill your boots lad YNWA "
Kingmat
11th Jul 2013 20:13
"I forgave him though his comments did make me mad at the time, but they were probably a bit out of context and he was just trying to make a good first impression to his then new employers and fans. Why not give him a chance to make ammends....."
Centrecircle1000
11th Jul 2013 20:15
"Rushy 19.40. I told my son the same ( abt borini) and he fell over laughing!!!! Iv just shown him your post and he started swearing.!!! Hes just said borini wont get more than 3 PL goals and be amazed if he got 5 goals....... Ive cliped him one!!!!"
Champions Of Europe
11th Jul 2013 20:17
"Loz99 11th Jul 2013 19:50 Fair sentiments there. The problems arise when some just attack the establishment without proven facts. Chap on here recently provided a compelling lesson in business, backed by sound knowledge & facts; others just knee-jerk & rant incessantly. A balanced person hears both sides of the arguement & if there weren't 2 sides it would be a boring forum, so well said."
baceg
11th Jul 2013 20:23
"Hw come small teams like Southampton are signing plauers like Wanyama and we are going for these unkwns.dnt c any progress here"
Champions Of Europe
11th Jul 2013 20:33
"Well Brendan has certainly laid out his stall with that statement. Good on him to clarify the reasons for the 1st 4 signings was to bulk the paper-thin squad. Can't see him making this new call on signing 1st 11 type players without following up on it now. Let the games begin..."
lpdcollier08
11th Jul 2013 20:44
"With the sale of Carroll and Shelvey and what we have brought in, we have a net spend of what? 3M? It looks pretty good for us if we still have the estimated 20M BR was given to spend and with the sale of Suarez we could very well have a combined total of 60M left to spend on new recruits. This does not include any other outgoings which could easily push this amount up further. "
buddha1937
11th Jul 2013 20:51
"This is an astonishing statement of intent from BR and one that should get us fans smiling broadly. He has signalled that the next buys will be pivotal and for the 1st team. I have no doubt we are going to be genuinely surprised and excited at what happens next. Roll on BR army.. "
Dimples-Ola
11th Jul 2013 20:54
"This is great. I do admire BR he may be a young manager but He is a genius with his approach to all he is doing at LFC.... CL here we come. YNWA"
KINGOFCLUBS
11th Jul 2013 20:56
"Wanyama to Southampton, Great! We've missed out there coz he's definitely better than Lucas. Southampton are going to be in the mix next year, top 8 maybe 6. This pocho fella got them playing some good footie and now they've brought in a couple more quality players - going to be a tough side to beat. I hope the Suarez situ' gets sorted quickly then we can add more to the first team."
Loz99
11th Jul 2013 21:12
"All makes perfect logical sense doesn't it? Save the best until last ie The Icing on the Cake. Papa knows best, ok Brendo, you're the Daddy! Only the Chef knows what the final taste will be like. Yum, Yum! Now for The Dessert!"
Hanomac1
11th Jul 2013 21:14
"Yeah wanyama would of been a good buy,real competition for Lucas.swansea and Southampton will be strong next year,I'm mean Southampton came out and said we want damiao!now that's ambition.Lets hope brendan get those owners of ours to splash the cash,cus ince is going to Cardiff which will be another bit of money our way."
KINGOFCLUBS
11th Jul 2013 21:27
"We need Downing out, Skrtel out and Suarez out to give us maybe £60m - LET'S GET MOVING!!!"
REDOPIUM
11th Jul 2013 21:34
" we have to keep skrtel one of the best defenders in the prem."
Rushjob9
11th Jul 2013 21:47
"Centrecircle. We know! The guy has very good movement and I genuinely reckon if him and Coutinho can click, he'll surprise people.,Wanyama is a gd gamble coming from a woeful league akin to lower championship. Mancs I know a lot more restless than us. Tis hard, but gotta be patient....."
Centrecircle1000
11th Jul 2013 21:48
" The live fixtures are out Liverpool v stoke 12.45pm ko live bt sport also. Villa away sat 24th aug 5.30pm ko on sky - trying like mad for tkts!!!!' Come on u reds!!!"
Rushjob9
11th Jul 2013 21:49
"Swansea a dark horse tip for next season."
Bane.8
11th Jul 2013 21:50
"we go Brendan! Juan and Adam !"
11th Jul 2013 21:51
" BR, look no further than Wesley Sneijder. The total package. Very creative in finale 3rd, strong shot from outside, set piece specialist, great assists/linkup w/forward players, can get the ball from defenders to forwards & most importantly he's EXPERIENCED & A WINNER. He'll give us 2-3 great seasons. So what if he cost us 10-12 mil. "
El-M
11th Jul 2013 21:51
"Shock me and bring in some really big name"
NigelM
11th Jul 2013 21:54
"For me this is a disturbing statement because it means that Rodgers doesn't consider the four players he has bought in so far to be first-teamers. His first priority should surely have been to sign players that will improve the starting line-up, not sit on the bench. What good is that ? "
lpdcollier08
11th Jul 2013 21:57
"It baffles me when I see fans that want us to sell Skrtel. Do you guys actually watch the beautiful game? Yes he had a dip in form but what players don't? Skrtel and Agger are one of the best if not the best partnership in the prem."
The_snapper
11th Jul 2013 21:58
"I believe it when I see some decent players signing if they do get FSG to put funds into getting a few top players well then Suarez might stay if he thinks we can get UP THE league and fight for the le. Eriksen and Muriel & Cissoko push it to Diame lets see I wonder will we even get one of them ."
lpdcollier08
11th Jul 2013 22:00
"IMHO, I don't thing we need another CB. Agger, Skrtel, Kolo and Coates are all good options. We have class in Agger and Skrtel, experience with Kolo and potential with Coates. If we need a defender it would be a LB to challenge Jose. "
Eurochampsforkeeps
11th Jul 2013 22:08
"We need another striker who can score 15 goals plus. Hooper from Celtic fits the bill and is cheap. I don't think Borini is going to score 15 plus. He is useful squad member who will improve but we need quality cover for Suarez/Sturridge to compete. Also Bernard our team/squad will be able to compete!"
Bane.8
11th Jul 2013 22:16
"James Rodriguez! :)"
REDOPIUM
11th Jul 2013 22:17
"eurochamps do you not rate aspas then??"
Centrecircle1000
11th Jul 2013 22:19
"Sun 1st december 1.30pm hull away is live on sky- the lfc website as got ot wrong !!!!! Lol thought i let u all know !!!!!!"
SeanieQuinn
11th Jul 2013 22:21
"In my opinion if we buy world class,,,Suarez will stay!"
buddha1937
11th Jul 2013 22:34
"I absolutely know that BR will pull a rabbit out of the hat. We are going to get a marque signing and it will be a corker. No one really had heard of Henrickh but he was much sought after player within those in the know and we were in for him. We will get it right... "
versic
11th Jul 2013 22:46
"Improving the Starting XI would mean getting a hold of real quality??? Do you think they'd come to a mid-table (over the past few years), non Champions League outfit who'll probably not be able to hang to our star striker??? "
Sirrusly
11th Jul 2013 22:52
"Oh...'Buddha' is talking again...wake me up when it's over and then we'll talk like normal fans."
Rushjob9
11th Jul 2013 23:01
"Sirrusly. If I could have favourited you post then- I would."
Sirrusly
11th Jul 2013 23:21
"'Rushjob9', just for you, here is my favourite quote from this forum... "Now, if I was to call you a morose, self-hating, nauseating pretend fan...this would not be rumour, but fact, do see what I mean? If you keep practising truth telling you will soon get the hang of it. Good luck" Who possibly wrote that...? Get ready for the sharp tongued response."
Gallards
11th Jul 2013 23:25
"Possible signings are...well..being signed by other clubs! An attacking mid (Eriksen, Eriksen, Eriksen!) and a holding midfield player would help improve the starting XI greatly!"
Foivetimes
11th Jul 2013 23:35
"Some folks here mean well but are clueless. Hm never heard of him before and he didn't want to come papa is injured mostly not what we need and indeed is a joke has been who wanted one last payoff. These kind of players are what have ruined lfc in recent times and thank goodness we have been and fsg to make sure we don't repeat and move forward instead"
Foivetimes
11th Jul 2013 23:36
"Shoulda read sneijder..."
Buckie LFC Supporter
11th Jul 2013 23:58
"NigelM - Totally agree! What a thing for the Manager to say! sign 4 players, after 2 weeks of training with them, he comes out & says he's brought squad players! What does that say to the players he's brought? Talk about damage their confidence before they've kicked a ball!"
dazza1988
12th Jul 2013 0:09
"I prefer Eriksen over Mkhitaryan, fingers crossed for Eriksen."
NrJohnii-5
12th Jul 2013 0:26
"Thats what i wanted to hear. great job so far Brendan, now diame, papadopoulos,callejon & burak yilmaz... YNWA"
englndr9
12th Jul 2013 0:43
"I love to watch Luis Saurez play and I have wanted him to stay, but I am now looking at this from another angle. I do not like waiting for a player to put in a transfer request. I believe it weakens the clubs bargaining ability. If he truly wants to go then get the most you can now. We can grab some first team quality with the money. (Cont). "
englndr9
12th Jul 2013 0:47
"We don't need a player who has brought discredit to himself and the club to miss 6 games MDC then mope around until the January transfer window causing unrest within the squad. We don't need the sideshow. Get some quality for him, let them assimilate and make a difference. Time to close the chapter on Luis."
KL_RED
12th Jul 2013 0:49
"I can't wait to see who the proven creative playmaker will be, as the list is running thin. Ericksen and Bernard are not PROVEN creative midfielder."
englndr9
12th Jul 2013 0:54
"LPDcollier - I absolutely agree with your earlier take on not needing another CB. You failed to also include Martin Kelley who has represented his country in that position! "
realfanboy
12th Jul 2013 1:07
"i wanna to see suarez out cuz a player who acting like dat, its not our favorite guys"
realfanboy
12th Jul 2013 1:11
"second we need really Eriksen, papa, one class striker who replace suarez and diffensive midfielder dat has strong enough and experience to stop midfielders and attacking midfielder"
aus-liverfan
12th Jul 2013 1:12
"I doubt he will sign any more then 1-2 ... unless suarez leaves he will probably get an attacking midfielder and defender, he wont do to much more, 6 players in one window is very good business, 4 squad players and 2 to jump straight into starting line up, anyway leave all this up to BR thats why he gets paid to manage the team and I pay to watch them :-)"
Loz99
12th Jul 2013 1:26
"There isn't two camps on these comments topics, there's just a lot of individuals who, each one of us sometimes post negative and sometimes negative comments depending on the cirstances at the time and how we feel at the time, none of us should be expected to post positive at all times, it would be dishonest and unrealistic. "
Loz99
12th Jul 2013 1:28
"That young Brazilian Bernard is something else, what a talent, wow! him and Erikson would be super purchase."
Loz99
12th Jul 2013 1:30
"ChampionsOfEurope 11th Jul 2013 20:17, Couldn't agree more."
Subiedude
12th Jul 2013 1:31
"I admit i doubted BR in the first few months but after seeing his team in the second half of the season and hearing him talk now and seeing the transfers he did I believe we will see glory soon. I am hoping to live through a new chapter of success in Liverpools story."
Dovan
12th Jul 2013 1:45
"Bernard,,,,sign him,,,another gem from Brazil,,,,,"
ajp81
12th Jul 2013 1:53
"Midfield was our problem last season too many times we were bullied/outplayed there. A strong tough tackling DM and a quality LW is what we need. Defence and Keepers are sorted so long as no one leaves. Then it is just the Suarez situation. World class or not he has to go, and I would get a quality RW instead. Sturridge will thrive as the main man up front with Coutinho behind him. "
Foivetimes
12th Jul 2013 1:53
"Keep hearing Bout ars upping their offer. Wot for? Is Ls deluded to think they can offer him more than lfc? I hear bren will do the deal if we get cash plus Walcott. Excellent make it hard for them bren. After All I hope we not as dumb as ars to sell best players to EPl rivals and then watch em lift the league"
DaRevolution
12th Jul 2013 2:03
"If we dont get Eriksen it will be a big let down like when we got Downing instead of Mata and if we can get Cissokho and Hernanes I reckon that would set us up to get into the champs league"
Eellii
12th Jul 2013 4:18
"Stop talking about it, just do it."
livefree
12th Jul 2013 5:15
"I'd rather Benard over Erickson. If Suarez goes, then there's Luis Muriel or Jackson Martinez. If we get Benard one of those 2 strikers, and a quality holding mid, we will indeed have a squad to compete. Don't under estimate any of those 3, they could become world class at Liverpool. "
Bang Ucup
12th Jul 2013 6:39
"How can u say the recruitment team has done their job well, while they can't get Henrik Mkhitaryan??? "
Rushjob9
12th Jul 2013 6:40
"Cynical Friday thought: I just hope that the real reason Suarez wants out isn't our manager- cos when BR said that its probably a good thing that we are not going to be in Europe this season- I remembered how gutted Luis was when we went out to Zenit. It's dead important to foreign players whether its champs Lge or Europa......"
Rushjob9
12th Jul 2013 6:44
"Sirrusly 2321- doesn't even exist anymore...."
Kingmat
12th Jul 2013 7:11
"Rushjob- hope not, but if that is the case, maybe it was also the reason carra called it a day? Want to stay positive and br, in my eyes, should be given til christmas 2015 to get it right."
KL_RED
12th Jul 2013 7:20
"Thanks2Shanks. 100% Agree with you about Honda. If he's on free, we have nothing to loose but everything to gain. Can buy another player in January from his jersey money alone."
Kingmat
12th Jul 2013 7:20
"Dzeko and mikah richards for saurez......."
KL_RED
12th Jul 2013 7:25
"If Suarez goes (I believe he will [at >40MIl], the way he's been talking trash lately), then we need a proven goalscorer like Jackson Martinez."
KL_RED
12th Jul 2013 7:34
"40 Mil + Alonso will do it. I believe Real will take it considering they are desperate for a proven striker. "
Lfcamms
12th Jul 2013 7:55
"to all the idiots who moaned when I said they were squad players now the manager says the same, some clowns think they know everything but spend their time moaning at others like poolboyusa complete idiot"
Rushjob9
12th Jul 2013 8:07
"Kingmat 07.11. That thought re Carra has passed my mind too. So want to be wrong btw. Xmas 2015 for me is 12 months too long though being realistic. We need to have a lot better season than last- thats for sure."
Rushjob9
12th Jul 2013 8:08
"Kingmat 0720. Thats a decent call."
rowiebarnie
12th Jul 2013 8:36
"If Aspas was brought in as a squad player and not a starter, why give him the number 9 shirt?"
bunnybeach
12th Jul 2013 8:42
"needs more than two players to improve the team especially if Luis leaves."
NicknameRed
12th Jul 2013 9:14
"Would be good if there was a like button o_O buckie-Im happy with BR & signings but agree with you. ..Well then hopefully we do get BR's targeted starter(s). Daxalea-good point on spending though havin a couple stars (Alonso,etc) helps the rest raise their par. When Suarez arrived,players around him lifted their performance. I imagine he and Carra brought a lot to training too."
Centrecircle1000
12th Jul 2013 9:19
"The next 3 to 4 weeks are going to be interesting to see who comes in/out.it could turn into a soap opera!!!"
chadchadders
12th Jul 2013 9:39
"Let's not kid ourselves, Suarez is going. He wants champ league. Hopefully he'll honour his time & train and not do the South American thing and vanish until sorted. He wont hand a request as he'll lose too much. He'll just spout off in the media to voice his side. Eriksen would top my list with Sakho or papadopoulos. If we have big money then we should be go for Benteke and showing some intent. "
wriggler
12th Jul 2013 10:23
"To everybody saying no CL footy, Wanyama, Falcao, Paulinho, even our Kolo Toure left CL footy for non-CL teams, think about that. I think BR said this to charge up the lads to prove him wrong. No more buys..."
NigelM
12th Jul 2013 10:40
"I know that we are currently slightly in profit on our transfer dealings this Summer, but all the same why has Rodgers gone out and splashed over £20m on squad players ? We're not in Europe this season so we don't need a big squad and that amount of money could have been put towards player(s) capable of slotting straight into the starting line-up."
buddha1937
12th Jul 2013 11:12
"Someone I respect said Dzeko and Richards for Suarez, but I am not sure this a good swap at all, and then a once respected poster seconded this and I knew for sure then this was a bad call. BR wants to play a brand of football which is not suited to Dzeko and some fans are too morose to see this..."
Noorig
12th Jul 2013 11:29
"Unfortunately we missed a great player in Mkhitarian. "
mushroomscouser330gts
12th Jul 2013 13:54
"FSG PROFIT WATCH. TV RIGHTS INCOME +60.6m ANDY CARROL +15.5M TOM INCE +3m. SHELVEY+6m-player spend-Aspas-7.7m, Alberto-6m, Mignolet-9m,Toure-0. Re-payment of FSG loan 2011-2012-40m FSG PROFIT ON TV AND PLAYERS ALONE- 22.4m. INVESTMENT IN CLUB FACILITIES- ZERO "
mushroomscouser330gts
12th Jul 2013 13:58
"So by rough calculation,ignoring projected revenue streams from gates, merchandise etc, the club has around 22m to spend on flops like Allen,Sahin,Asaidi and Borini!! When you walk through a storm..."
YNWA_believer
12th Jul 2013 14:33
"i knw this is a bit far fetched(long shot). but i think kaka will be absolutely perfect...not favoured at real. just him alone will change the whole dynamic...maybe we should sacrifice the big bucks...to get someone like him"
classANDsuccess
12th Jul 2013 18:48
"lpdcollier08 I'm from planet reality! Let me explain-slowly. Some players cannot even talk to clubs unless that club has CL football,understand? Their club can block the move, regardless of money(city had european football as well as lots if money!)We could outbid a club by £10m but lose out because a) player can only leave to a CL club-LEGALLY IN HIS CONTRACT or b)he WANTS CL football anyway!"
classANDsuccess
12th Jul 2013 18:51
"(cont.) The story of Torres... We got a bid from chelski, we said 'no' and they COULDN'T EVEN SPEAK TO TORRES BECAUSE OF HIS CONTRACT. Only when he gave a written transfer request could they speak to him. Understand? That's the reason Gerrard gave a request-just to speak to chelski and turn them down (Hee Hee!) It's not just about cheques..."
1nilWinwayToGo
8th Aug 2013 9:26
"Andriy Shevchenko - biggest flop in BPL.. Big names alone don't win you les, wake up you moaners!! This is not FIFA manager!"
1nilWinwayToGo
8th Aug 2013 10:08
"I'm happy with what i see so far.. With or without Suarez, LFC will rise and Anfield will become a fortress again. "