Comments

updates on Mkhi??
mitu10
24th Jun 2013 10:29
ScouseAlbatross
24th Jun 2013 10:33
"nobody can reasonably ask for more than what's being done at the moment - across the board. personally i think possibly reina, downing and suarez will go, and we'll also bring in a top CM and CB. then hopefully we'll get a fair go from the refs and see what happens from there. in BR we trust!!!"
KidofKop88
24th Jun 2013 10:33
"With due respect to BR, what are our scouts doing ? All the signings so far were spotted by BR according to Ayre. But atleast we don't have a scout headed by damien commoli"
rational_pessimist
24th Jun 2013 10:36
"Welcome to LFC, Aspas. What number shirt is he gonna wear, anyone?"
Yaweezy
24th Jun 2013 10:39
"Terrific player. Michu destroyed defenders last season and I believe Aspas will do more for us. He might be unknown to many people but wait for his debut goal and we will all sing his name when he eventually scores double figures. Defender's nightmare."
Rushjob9
24th Jun 2013 10:43
"Credit to Ian Ayre and the team. Been guilty of it myself in the past, but its easy to criticise and slate. Fair play for all of your hard work. Maybe, just maybe, the 'rookies' as I deemed them last season are coming of age...."
JACKHIGH
24th Jun 2013 10:48
"2 for the price of 1 aspas/alberto for carroll money. also 2 for the same price as joe allan was joe expensive ?"
elie8
24th Jun 2013 10:50
"great signing and it's good to see the business done early so the players can gel together in the pre season and become one unit. it's good to see that we learned from last summer transfer window's mistake. hope mkhitaryan joins."
dan62
24th Jun 2013 10:51
"BR is doing good work and identifying exactly what he needs to build the squad he wants and the scouts do the rest. He clearly picks the players and either gets or doesn't get the nod. Reported out by the press today (if they can be believed): Jonjo, Hendo and Jay"
Boris313
24th Jun 2013 10:52
"great, i am getting excited, it seems the work has not stopped with this one!! Definitely we will have some departures as well (Spearing, Pacheco, maybe Downing, Skrtel), I think Suarez will stay."
MirsadYNWA
24th Jun 2013 10:57
"Please god let our signings this summer be the good ones and not just waste of money. We need to get back at top 4. Btw how is his english??"
24th Jun 2013 11:00
"Rushjob, as you can now see - all the signings are BR own. We operate a normal scouting system that look at players BR pin points or they can suggest certain players but in the end they are BR final decisions. I told you and now you are starting to see what a diligent team we have at and I am sure you don't mind me saying: "I told you so". "
24th Jun 2013 11:00
"Back just for one day. Spent too much of my time on here previously whilst un-employed for much of last season. Found it interesting getting alternative views but equally annoying the stubborness shown by many. The more outspoken people where those who didn't like Kenny Dalglish. contd"
24th Jun 2013 11:01
" These people would daily slate the great man, condemn possibly our clubs greatest servant on a daily basis. His signings (even if playing well) would get slated. His cup success was mocked as a wothless trophy. Sadly for me it took my focus off the present and these so called supporters effectively become my enemy... "
24th Jun 2013 11:05
"I never had an agenda and got over the sacking and backed Brendan. Now sadly I wasn't able to attend many games last season but speaking to regular match goers they said that under Keeny it was a case of go out and enjoy your football but felt there was never a plan. BR they felt you could see there was a game plan and a lot more tactics involved"
24th Jun 2013 11:14
"I am just happy that our owners and BR are showing their intentions - clearly. I have never understood why it took some fans so long to see that we had a brilliant team on board. I knew immediately they gave the fans favourite KK a kings ransom - that they were to be taken seriously. They then had the gumption to sack KK and install a forward thinking young manager, cont..."
Mose
24th Jun 2013 11:15
"I hope we get Eriksen/Mkhitarian, Papa and Wanyama. "
wayshapeform
24th Jun 2013 11:16
"Let's hope BR has spotted something cos at 25 he's not exactly set the world on fire"
24th Jun 2013 11:16
"Initially, I thought the owners had lost the plat employing BR, but on closer inspection it became obvious we had forward thinking owners - as they were not afraid to make brave decisions and they had a long term plan and were prepared to go for it - all hallmarks of a great team, cont.. "
24th Jun 2013 11:18
"The season itself was dire. Out of domestic cups at almost first attempt and a resignation that the season was over in January. The signings now seem to be on talented individuals who haven't been able to show consistency Couthino, Sturridge where renowned for being awesome one game and dire the next. "
24th Jun 2013 11:18
"BR has also signed hidden gems -Assaidi, maybe Borrini as well! LFC now as a club now has to operate on a far lower budget than 4 or 5 other teams. This is something unfamiliar to LFC. So FSG took a lot of flack and rightly so, afterall we are one of the biggest clubs in world football and an attractive investment to much richer people. "
24th Jun 2013 11:19
"So all signings at present are more or less gambles on players with potential. Our world class players are either getting on (Stevie G) or naybe heading for the exit door (Suarez Pepe). So we are now left mainly with a team of prospects and a manager who has never tasted success but has had lots of failure in his short management career. "
24th Jun 2013 11:19
"In many ways it can lead to exciting times as we are now doing things differently but i do fear we will fall further behind. Sadly money talks in this game and anyone who says 'FFP' just look at City and Chelsea to see there are ways and means if getting round it... "
24th Jun 2013 11:20
"I have carefully watched BR and noticed for a young manager with a daunting task he never looked overawed which is truly remarkable. I have seen many a seasoned manager wilt under pressure, take RH, who looked all at sea when it went wrong at LFC. BR has just got on with it, painstakingly implementing his plans, cont... "
Irteza
24th Jun 2013 11:23
"Fantastic! Hope we get Simon this week and betn now and start of pre-season frienflies, Henrikh and at least one more centre / full back. "
24th Jun 2013 11:26
"Ani Road, you fail to acknowledge the sheer brilliance of signings like Coutinho and Sturridge - who you falsely claim - were inconsistent. Coutinho, especially, shows what astute buying is about. He cost 8m, but is far better than Hendo, Downing, Carrick, etc and is as good as Oscar - who all cost far much more - proving its not about money - but intelligence. "
24th Jun 2013 11:27
"sorry must emphasise when i said br has signed hidden gems and mentioned Assaidi. What I meant to say BR has bought players relativly un-heard of but players who are young and done fairly well in weaker leagues. The gamble being can they transfer it to the Premier League"
Save us Kenny
24th Jun 2013 11:28
"Id wait until august before getting too excited, and see who they sell on, and how much money they make. Aspas is either a good squad addition, or a poor mans replacement for Suarez"
24th Jun 2013 11:31
"Ani, you say that you have no gripes with BR, then continue to find non significant holes in his tenure. Here is the unpalatable truth my friend. He inherited a mess. We had players who cost a fortune who were not performing and ageing players who were discarded and demoralised by KK. BR came in and went for players he knew, a kind of comfort buying, which is normal for a new manager, cont..."
24th Jun 2013 11:35
"We can all agree his initial foray in the market has not produced great results. After settling in he made another attempt and got it spectacularly right. He is now embarking on his 3rd foray and he is making great strides. The man has showed under very difficult cirstances that he is more than capable and should be commended and not nit-picked, cont.... "
liverpoolmanager
24th Jun 2013 11:56
"Mkhitaran please!"
hoping
24th Jun 2013 11:57
"good to see ani rd and buddha still around lol ,my main problem is who is going out the door bet joe allen isnt and he as done nothing and was way overpriced wen got him ,"
24th Jun 2013 11:58
" FSG PROFIT WATCH . TV RIGHTS INCOME-60.6m ANDY CARROL INCOME 15.5M.player spend-Aspas-7.7m, Alberto-6m, Mignolet-9m,Toure-0. Re payment of FSG loan-40m FSG PROFIT ON TV AND PLAYERS ALONE- 13.4m. INVESTMENT IN CLUB FACILITIES- ZERO "
24th Jun 2013 12:02
"I think it's nice of Ayre to give BR credit for the work of a backroom analytical team using statistical analysis in player selection and game tactics. Certainly FSG would not risk a return on investment by giving an inexperienced manager like BR free reign. Especially given his Reading debacle."
24th Jun 2013 12:05
"Buddha what I meant was signing players who have lacked consisteny at previous clubs hence why we got them so cheap. Sure they played well. I am ot here to highlight negatives, i mentioned match goers who say that they see a plan wih BR, it clearly showed in a number of games last season. "
24th Jun 2013 12:07
"It was never a case of me not giving BR a chance as I wanted Kenny. I am not so childish, I mainly fired back at those who did have an agenda and came on here to pour scorn on Kenny and belittle the leigions of fans who hold Kenny in such high esteem. BR I am not sure about?"
24th Jun 2013 12:08
" Most other fans don't see us as a threat anymore and for the first time in many years we go into a season hoping we can make the top4 as opposed to thinking 'can we win the league this season'. It's not BR's fault entirely, just the realisation that we can't but the Mata's, Cavanni's off this world but have to buy potential instead. The signings of PC and DS does offer encouragement however. "
24th Jun 2013 12:08
24th Jun 2013 12:09
"If anything Buddha, my weakness is expressing my views in a written format at times and can get mis-understood which is why often I waffle. But alas, this isn't about who speaks or writes the best English "
24th Jun 2013 12:15
"ani-road returns 24th Jun 2013 12:09..forget Buddha1935 mate. He is just a rent boy. He will be the first to call for BR's sack the second we lose 5 in a row. Like he did with KK."
24th Jun 2013 12:18
"For the record. Liverpool's demise. Souness, Hodgeson, Hickes and Gillette, FSG. These are people who most blame for LFC's demise. Not BR and certainly not Kenny. He stabilised the club after the mess of 2-3 yrs ago. The signings apart from Adam where LFC quality but the fees paid where far too much. Commolli, Ayre where the one's who negotiated the fees. But anyway, thats history now"
24th Jun 2013 12:23
"Anyway, slipped back into old habits again. It's about the future under BR. My glass is half empty but equally looking forward and excited to see if these young players can prove to be a great success? If they are it will give me far more satisfaction than buying success like some clubs do. "
mushroomscouser1013
24th Jun 2013 12:23
"Greedy yank is spot on. All we can do is call for FSG to reinvest all profits into the club and not take a profit. This city and this clubs history is such that we deserve to be a compeive force in Europe. Lets hope Aspas turns out better than Assaidi, Sahin, Allen and Borini. Proof if any where needed, all managers make mistakes. "
LongLiveKingKenny1
24th Jun 2013 12:33
"ani-road returns - I have to laugh at this sceptical fool, comes out claiming he is behing Rodgers and then depressingly criticises and waiting for any chance to put him down. Either support BR and the team fully or get jog on..."
24th Jun 2013 12:36
"mushroomscouser1013- well said. All managers have made mistakes - Wenger, Fergie and other successful managers. LFC fans are renowned for being patient and back our players. Sadly at least on here it seems different. "
24th Jun 2013 12:37
"Suarez getting flack over newspaper gossip, calls for a manager to get sacked after a few bad games. Only one manager in my opinion eserved stick and the sack, Uncle Woy was clearly out of his depth and deserved the treatment he recieved"
24th Jun 2013 12:43
"LongLiveKingKenny1- if you analyse anything in life you look at the negatives and positives. I highlight both. I never said sack BR. There is a big difference to expressing a negative opinion to that of standing on the terraces booing the side and criticising. "
Save us Kenny
24th Jun 2013 12:43
"If Suarez is sold, and no top class replacement is bought in, we will have Aspas, Sturridge and Borini up front. Doesnt exactly fill me with confidence of reaching top half of table, let alone CL."
LongLiveKingKenny1
24th Jun 2013 12:43
"Would love to see Mkhitaryan or Eriksen in behind a front of Coutinho, Suarez and Sturridge. I hope Lucas gets back to his best this season"
24th Jun 2013 12:43
"I am merley evaluating BR but more so LFC's standing as a super power of football. No agendas or anything, so don't get so sensitive if someone raises doubts pal"
24th Jun 2013 12:47
"Ani, I understand what you mean by Coutinho being inconsistent in Italy hence the reason we got him for a song, but its still astuteness on the part of BR et al. We don't need to pay big figures to get the likes of Mata when there are Coutinho's littered around the globe. "
24th Jun 2013 12:50
"I am especially excited at the acquisition of Alberto and fully expect him to have a similar impact as Coutinho. If him and Aspas can hit the ground running then we can certainly look forward to a rosy future. The red army is on the march. "
LongLiveKingKenny1
24th Jun 2013 12:51
"I agree with you in principle but LFC's demise it is by no means anything that BR contributed to in any way, the opposite infact, he is picking up the pieces and forced to try reshape the whole squad on a limited budget. We can afford to make take small risks on the likes of Assaidi as who knows they may just turn out to be gems. Your not backing BR if your this critical "
24th Jun 2013 12:53
"buddha1935-Glad we can discuss in a friendly manner. Hope you are good? We can differ at times but at least respect one another views... I'm out anyway, change of career means my weekends are now largely Monday and Tues. Been meaning to get out of house and enjoy myself for a few hours now. So goodbye for now"
joecos
24th Jun 2013 12:55
"Yeh , I would settle for Watyama,Mikitee, Mingolet & the three we already have. Outgoing Reina,Lucas,Allen,Downing,Shelvey,Assaidi,Coates,& Carroll already gone.That should easily cover what we spend maybe a little over to get Ilori. "
24th Jun 2013 13:06
"Rent boy. Not a single person proved my figures wrong yesterday and I posted them again today. The proof that you are a misguided and deluded meglomaniac imbecile is the fact you persist in postunder the name "buddha". The fact you spout tosh makes you even funnier."
24th Jun 2013 13:13
"We now have an abundance of riches with our two new signings and if we get Mkhitaryan, then its lights out. A first 11 of - Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, SG, Coutinho, Alberto, Aspas, Suarez, Sturridge and its goodnight Vienna... "
24th Jun 2013 13:16
"See what I mean? Utter tosh."
24th Jun 2013 13:16
"That would give us - Suso, Sterling, Kelly, Toure, Lucas, Jonjo, Allen and Borini as back up. I am not sure what is going to happen to Hendo and Downing but it don't look good for them. As you can see - we are building a scary squad. "
24th Jun 2013 14:00
"The sad thing is to just spout tosh instead of reserving judgement on a player. Especially when it is obvious that player is young and hasn't played in the prem yet. We saw the same clown do it last year over Assaidi. It just builds false expectations. The same fool then calls for managers to be sacked when we don't win. Unbelievable."
A Red In My Bed
24th Jun 2013 14:06
"I so hope we get Mkhitrayen too. With him and a good defender too, I truly believe next season we will be unstoppable! Come on you Reds! Roll on August! y.N.w.a. "
Save us Kenny
24th Jun 2013 14:23
"Buddha, if you must insult mental disabilities yet again, get it right. Bi-polar, two poles, therefore they flit between extremes of joy and depression. Misery is not their only friend. You have made yourself look stupid yet again "
24th Jun 2013 14:35
"If mental illness is reserving judgement on a signing and not calling for the team to lose to make a great servant of club and it's city look bad, then I am proud to be bi polar. If mental illness is calling for our banker owners ,who lend rather than fund, back the manager with all monies from tv and player sales, then I am proud to be mentally ill. "
LadyGRed
24th Jun 2013 14:37
"Some very nasty comments on here as usual. One individual constantly makes offensive remarks about mental health issues and tries to undermine others by attacking their mental health. It stems from a deep-seated insecurity & need for affirmation. Very sad that one person can poison a whole forum though."
81-82-83-84
24th Jun 2013 14:47
"Well done to Ian and the others who have worked hard to get Iago signed up. I think he'll be a real asset to the club and another improvement to the squad."
aussieliver5
24th Jun 2013 15:12
"no thanks"
BoxerShortEats
24th Jun 2013 15:24
"Really like the sound of this guy...But Mkhitaryan is the one i really want to see sign...Hope it happens soon... "
redneil1330
24th Jun 2013 15:25
"ani-road returns 24th Jun 2013 12:18 "For the record. Liverpool's demise. Souness, Hodgeson, Hickes and Gillette, FSG. These are people who most blame for LFC's demise." If my memory serves, we were hours away from Administration when FSG came in???? YNWA JFT96"
Ovoko
24th Jun 2013 15:36
"Welcome to Liverpool Aspas a great signing Please BR we also need Henrikh Mkhitaryan as well Please and please kindly sign the guy he is a fantastic player "
Ovoko
24th Jun 2013 15:41
Rushjob9
24th Jun 2013 15:44
"Just read back at the comments on this thread. Some things never change. There are some very sad individuals on here hiding behind keyboards and striving to achieve 'superfan' status. Get a grip. Its just peoples opinions and views. Like thinking out aloud. NOBODY IS EITHER RIGHT, OR WRONG.!"
24th Jun 2013 15:58
"Just a little comment to you anyroad. Who had heard of Ian Rush, Kevin Keega, Ray Clemance, or more recently Alonso, Pepe Reina (ok he was at Barca but not a 1st choice). Its not all about money, and until in the CL we will not get the big names unless they are just here for the money and havent got the passion. "
24th Jun 2013 15:59
"Plus look at Man City last season, a team of big names on big wages all just picking up their salaries. Its about getting players who will work their socks off for you. "
24th Jun 2013 16:02
"Lets not judge any player in until they have had a chance to prove themselves (remember peoples response to certain players in the past who became and are big players now). "
24th Jun 2013 16:02
"As for the manager, the team in the 2nd half of the season were great, its nearly there, just a bit of tweaking and we will def get top 4 at least if that form continues, plus building a depth of squad, something lacking for a long time. "
24th Jun 2013 16:04
"As for those having a go at the owners, why not offer £25-50million out your own pocket for players? From what I see, they will pay for the players when we can attract them again. Why pay £35 million on average players who just want big pay packets."
Vosta Lee
24th Jun 2013 16:13
"Give me an 8 million pound gamble over a 50 million pound gamble. If an 8 million player does not work out you can take a hit of up to 6 million. If a 50 million player does not work out you are stuck with him."
BRadmirer
24th Jun 2013 16:19
"Greedy_yank and mushroomscouser trying their hardest to make a point, to bad they are lame brains. 13.4L profit, what about the acquisitions yet to come. Mkhitarian and mignolet. 32L or so. Shame you can't do math."
BROCK LESNAR
24th Jun 2013 16:23
"I know I'll be slated for this, but I can see the club in the bottom half of the table next season if Suarez leaves. Last night too he showed what a player he is. Neither Luis Alberto nor Iago Aspas can fill in his boots I'm afraid."
Save us Kenny
24th Jun 2013 16:39
"BRAdmirer- We dont say 'Ass' in UK, nor 'math'. Its arse and maths. Hows the weather in Boston today Buddha-in-disguise? How about the 50m we made on an injured Torres? You wont pay out top money, but you dont mind taking it do you! How much will you sell Suarez for?"
24th Jun 2013 16:59
"BRadmirer. Exactly. Those signings are yet to come. Hence the exclusion. If you were not so arrogant, I would hesitate in calling you a clown. But you are arrogant and you are a clown."
24th Jun 2013 17:05
"Any true Liverpool fan would want me and all the positive people to be right, no? You can tell the non fans by their wishing to be right with their negative diatribes and summaries. Any true fan should wish BR and the owners succeeds, and of course if they go awry then they can call for their heads. "
24th Jun 2013 17:06
"Only an idiot would say coutinho is a brilliant player. He is promising and shows massive potential. He may realise that potential at anfield. The player himself, by hid own admission, has much to learn. People, usually idiots, throw words like legend and brilliant about freely these days."
24th Jun 2013 17:13
"Any true fan would have shown respect to Kenny dalglish. Not only for his footballing endeavours for the club, but for his management as well. Not to mention his standing by us during Hillsborough and his work for the city. This "buddha" disrepected dalglish at every opportunity. A mere rent boy."
24th Jun 2013 17:13
"danny1966- true mate. But much of these players where signed at a time when a good manager, scouts, coaches was what brought success. These days, money talks. I do hope we do unearth some hidden gems and fsg prove to be asstute as opposed to milking the club for what they can get. "
24th Jun 2013 17:14
"What people seem to ignore that rather than save us, FSG bought an attractive investment at a good price, there was other apparent interest as well. At present I cannot decide if FSG/BR are the right people to lead our 'big club' forward but of course i will back them even if i do sound pessimistic at times.... "
24th Jun 2013 17:16
"As for 'superfans. Not a dig Rushjob. But what makes a superfan? What makes one fan better than the other? I used to go to games regularly and have a lot of connections to Liverpool, as you know, I live aprox 30 miles away now. I used to think that I have more knowledge or am a better fan than those who don't go to the game or have no connections to the city. "
24th Jun 2013 17:17
"Now though I realise I was arrogant to think like that and LFC is a global club and everyone has a right to an opinion. It is those who cause provocation, who are nasty or have agenda's that I have issues with."
Save us Kenny
24th Jun 2013 17:20
"Buddha - If you dont understand it, why are you insulting it? Is that not ignorant and bigoted? Do you think such dizzy confusion gives any credability to your arguments? Coutinho is potentially a good player, but performance against Chelsea suggests he is not ready for highest level, and we shouldnt heap all this pressure and expectation on the lad."
24th Jun 2013 17:25
"I understand there are a tiny few who are upset with the progress of players like Coutinho - who single handedly threw out the much trotted out nonsense about needing vast amounts of money to get world class players. I know they are now praying for Alberto and Aspas to fail, but they won't, and it adds to their misery.....GOOD! "
24th Jun 2013 17:29
"I live in town. I was born in town. My father took me to the game as a child. It seems to be away fans to try to out "fan" others and disrespect their opinion. I understand their frustration at not being scouse. But lord its no excuse for being a rent boy."
Springmountred
24th Jun 2013 17:31
"Well said danny1966 all excellent comments with common sense "
Save us Kenny
24th Jun 2013 17:32
"Thats why we need top level experienced signings to get us back to 4th, while the youngsters learn. These comment boards are just banter, all clubs have them, so why moan about 'positivity', do you think we can all think our way to success like Uri Geller in the world cup, because that worked!"
hoping
24th Jun 2013 17:33
"buddha1935 24th Jun 2013 13:13-in your 1st 11 buddha who the hell isgoing to do lucas's job as wen he as been out it as taken 2 mids to cover for him mmmm ? "
Save us Kenny
24th Jun 2013 17:42
"Buddha - We dont wish anybody to fail. Benitez marked him out of the game. Its no good beating Wigan 5-0, then failing to beat the top 4 sides all season, so we do have some evidence to judge. Anyway, last from me, how do I delete account? Time for silence."
24th Jun 2013 17:43
"If the houses I. Anfield were an issue I feel confident the right offer could secure a sale of any house in Anfield.Anfield doesn't attract the property prices chelsea does. The crap people spew on these comments is bizarre. People believe anything they are told. Muppets!"
Springmountred
24th Jun 2013 17:45
"They have stated the fact it has been mentioned in the national and local press in recent weeks. Sadly greedy yank your posts are there. But your pleasant demeanour and witty retorts make it so hard to resist reading them. I hardly ever post so your comments don't make sense and you don't know me."
24th Jun 2013 17:49
"Why thank you Springmountred. It concerns me some people just seem to knock the club we support. As any club, those in control get things wrong and get things right. "
24th Jun 2013 17:51
"I was a big fan of KK & felt he should have been given another year. He wasnt, BR was made manager. He seems a decent guy with a plan. It wil either work or it wont. Dont get negative just because things have moved on."
Springmountred
24th Jun 2013 17:52
"The price isn't always the issue. You clearly don't remember the hassle of extending the centenary stand. It was a family home that the ladies would not leave no matter what they were offered. The houses around had even been demolished but for the one with them in and the two either side. Money isn't everything. Man you are bitter."
24th Jun 2013 17:53
"Fact of the matter is no comittment to expanding the stadium has been made. No plans submitted. No dates set. They are the facts. If distorting reality suits you fine. But calling people muppets when you talk crap is out of order. "
24th Jun 2013 17:53
"The issue with the club goes back to our last owners who nearly destroyed the club and put us where we are now. Thats not FSG's fault, and the lack of investment in players, ground etc etc cannot be put right all at once. "
24th Jun 2013 17:56
"There is a lot at the club going on we do not know. There are all sorts of planning issues, tendering processes etc that until all sorted, the club, like any business will not mention. I would rather hear things when they are GOING to happen than the BS the previous owners gave. "
24th Jun 2013 17:57
Springmountred
24th Jun 2013 17:57
"They had to wait for the old ladies to both die before they could develop. Shows you lack historical knowledge of the club and previous ground extension issues"
24th Jun 2013 18:01
"What is important is to get behind the club, players etc, and judge the owners, managers, players once they have been given a chance. Like I said before, any fan here want to stick their own hands in their pockets to sign this £30m player or that £50m player, only for them to flop?"
Springmountred
24th Jun 2013 18:01
"Again danny1966 I totally agree. Support the team and the players we have. Allen was voted player of the month for his first two months and looked good. Then struggled due to lack of dm Lucas being injured. I think he will prove to be a far better player than People have given him credit for. As for boring he is young and his movement is really good"
24th Jun 2013 18:05
"I am a Liverpool fan going back to the early 1970's. Shanks,Paisley,Joe Fagen, KK, all made some duff buys, BR will, even old red nose made a number of blunders (which I enjoyed seeing). "
24th Jun 2013 18:07
"I really do not understand fans who continually knock the club, its managers, its owners and players when it is obvious to anyone with any vision, they are all doing their best. Long term it will either work, or we look back in hindsight and say if only. "
24th Jun 2013 18:10
"I remeber Roy Evans once sending Wright and Dicks home from pre season, and about Wright he said I can accept players who lack talent but give their all, what I wont accept is those who have tallent who do not give their all. "
24th Jun 2013 18:12
"Thats how I support the club, if they have given their all, then I am upset but can accept the result, what I wont accept is those who do not give their all for the club, even if we win. Effort is as imprtant as talent. Talent is only worth money if it comes woth effort."
24th Jun 2013 18:15
"Oh and one last point, When Man Utd go bust and they will, and we are stable and secure, we can sit there and laugh at them. You cannot spend what we dont have. We saw what happened when we did, and those owners didnt even spend money on anything, even with CL money flowing in."
24th Jun 2013 18:26
"My point exactly. You can't spend what you don't have. But you can spend what you do. Which is what fsg did not do last summer. They mysteriously found an odd 50m the previous owners spent on stadium development, and left BR high and dry. FSG isn't the club. They say they lend us money. Are we a club or corporation? Difficult to know these days. And you get slated for stating it."
Centrecircle1000
24th Jun 2013 18:28
"WOW friendly debate between buddha and ani road!! Well done lads. However CREEPY _YANK turns up and lowers the tone. Still repeating the same story he spent all yestaday repeating"
24th Jun 2013 18:30
"Football is a business with a few exceptions where it is a rich mans toy. Yes the transfer window last summer was a up, but that seems to be put right in January and so far this summer. The trouble with consistant negativity is its a spiral, and it can spread and drag all those down with it. "
24th Jun 2013 18:32
"Personally I think the club is in its best shape for quite some time. BR seems to have passion thats what Shanks had. Only time will tell if he can match Shanks or even the greatest of them all Sir Bob Paisley who took Shanks foundation to the highest level ever seen. "
24th Jun 2013 18:34
"In fact my only negative comment is why wasnt Sir Bob ever mad a KBE? Red nose never matched his Europeen Record or his trophies per season record, yet gets KBE? Had Sir Bob been young enough to last 26 years, Man U would still be years behind us in League/PL wins. "
24th Jun 2013 18:34
24th Jun 2013 18:39
"danny1966- Negativity can spread granted, and this is the offical website afterall but I feel in general most fans are backing the manager even if expressing doubts. It is hard to have patience when supporting such a big club and our mind set has to change..."
24th Jun 2013 18:40
"I am guessing you are in yur 40's/50's judging by you saying how you first started supporting LFC in the early 70's. I am in my late 30's and have been used to so much success so it is hard to take the failures since the 2007/08 season. "
24th Jun 2013 18:41
"Guess it is inevitable that when you areso used to success, failure is hard to take. Like yourself, I feel MANU fans will experience it in the next few years and i for one can't wait for that!"
Centrecircle1000
24th Jun 2013 18:42
"Creepy yank- why do u constantly slate FSG? Give them a chance. Lets see wot they do abt the stadium. Its not like buying a house!!Lots of work is involved ect .rome wasnt built in a day........so say somethg nice abt them, go on just once"
Dede 7
24th Jun 2013 18:43
"am impressed."
24th Jun 2013 18:46
"Danny- agree on the Sir Bob topic. MANU are the media and publics darlings. We are generally not liked at all... Giggs, Scholes, Beckham will possibly get a knighthood at some point, it's the done thing with them lot."
24th Jun 2013 18:53
"Centrecircle. Seriously, are you a 13 year old? "
Centrecircle1000
24th Jun 2013 18:59
"No are u?"
24th Jun 2013 19:23
"There is negativity and grasping reality. Mindless positivity leads to complacency. An example is the notion being out of Europe and cups is positive because you cam concentrate on the league. Reality is being out of Europe and cups is proof we are not compeive. The amount of spin and hype the club pedals has increased."
24th Jun 2013 19:28
"Centrecircle, I meant no offence, but your comments lack coherence. and appear childish. So whilst you may not actually be 13 years old, you appear to have the mental capacity of a child. No offence mate, but you do."
24th Jun 2013 19:29
"He'll claim that he's being a realist and only spouting the truth, that we are dreamers and should follow his doomsday path. We should view Coutinho as permanently only as a potential until he performs well against Chelski. That unless a player costs 20m plus, then he's not good enough. We have to hand it to Greedy Yanks, the man's a genius. "
LewiiEdwards
24th Jun 2013 19:30
"No offence ani-road, but you really seem to be anti rodgers"
24th Jun 2013 19:37
"More proof Buddha knows nothing of this club or city. You accuse me of being lonely, but I never walk alone. I was born and bred in Liverpool and still live here. Community my friend. Were people respect each other and their views. I suspect it is you who is lonely. Are you from a small town? Interbred perhaps? "
24th Jun 2013 19:38
"Greedy Yanks wants a team that spends 20m plus on players and a team that buy stars. He wants a team modelled on Barca with their stadium and history. Now, I don't know if he realises that LFC has done all these things, but none-the-less, why does he not just go and support Barca and, although, I would fell sorry for Barca if he joins them, at least we would have peace. "
REDOPIUM
24th Jun 2013 19:39
"BoxerShortEats cheers mate, its just at the weekend I got rid of a unwanted lodger after 6months was so happy, "
digbo79
24th Jun 2013 19:40
"cant belive you all support the same team! SUPPORT! some of the comments on here make me wonder if you actually love lfc or just want to be heard. you aint celebrities, you on a forum. grow up!! one love, one team.YNWA! ALWAYS!!"
24th Jun 2013 19:46
"I just want the owners to invest in my club and back the manager with every penny from revenues and sales. I would also like them to raise capital nd invest in club facilities, like a stadium. Take out a mortgage if you will. That I have to spell this out shows how much of a nimrod you are Buddha. Stick to your video games. "
24th Jun 2013 19:48
"And yes. Like many in Liverpool. I love. Barca. Spanish blood in the veins."
mushroomscouser1013
24th Jun 2013 20:01
"Greedy yank...don't know why you waste your time on these comments. Get yourself on red and white kop for proper banter and opinions."
24th Jun 2013 20:11
"Greedy Yanks, you've been made an offer from Mushroom that the rest of us can't refuse, boom boom, get it? do you like my punch line. You should go on red and white Kop - with Mushroom - who bizarrely still finds time to come on here with us idiots to banter with? "
massboy
24th Jun 2013 20:50
"Carol out- 15m Toure- free, luis- 6.8m, Aspas- 7.7m. In short words we are still waiting 4 fsg to spend the cash this summer. "
Rushjob9
24th Jun 2013 21:35
"Just seen the plans for the redevelopment of the Anfield area- with a large avenue running at the rear of what will be the new main stand. 22 of the 30 houses have been purchased by Liverpool city council. Just 8 remain- likely compulsive purchase orders. A 5 year regeneration program. Looks dead smart. "
Rushjob9
24th Jun 2013 21:40
"Also likely to create up to 700 jobs. The Lothair rd Avenue rumoured to be named in remembrance of the 96 possibly 96th Avenue. Things are moving and after Hicks, Gillete, and Hodgson, it's all we can hope for. Never forget those dark dark times......."
Simonyan
24th Jun 2013 21:41
"Henrikh Mkhitaryan â"
Rushjob9
24th Jun 2013 21:42
"And forward movement is all I ever championed for last season. "
Rushjob9
24th Jun 2013 21:44
"The report now on this site! D'oh."
REDOPIUM
24th Jun 2013 22:01
"cheers Rushjob we do miss you when you not on here,"
Champions Of Europe
24th Jun 2013 22:03
"Rushjob9 24th Jun 2013 21:42 Good to see your positive side again, I thought we'd lost your soul last season & in particular, you were extremely critical of FSG's apparent lack of plans to redevelop Anfield. The coals are being added & the fires are burning hotter..."
24th Jun 2013 22:14
"Rushjob, I am happy to see that you are being somewhat positive but I feel you should lead the charge in apologising for being the ring leader of the aptly named doom-ers and naysayers. As you can see our ever astute owners like to do their deeds in silence just like the good old days. They have learnt the hard way and quickly. Bravo to them, raise your glass sir. "
mushroomscouser1013
24th Jun 2013 22:35
"Springmounted..sorry mate but you are talking utter rubbish. The council can simply issue compulsory purchase on any "recalcitrant" residents who remain, as the regeneration plans are betterment for the public good. FSG are holding up regeneration. But then John Henry never visits Anfield so why would he care?"
mushroomscouser1013
24th Jun 2013 22:37
"The salient lines in the article are "We have always said that any stadium expansion will be subject to detailed economic and social feasibility studies" and the fact John Henry said "That's why I say that it is a myth that stadium issues are going to magically transform LFC's fortunes"...hence the wide held rational distrust of FSG. More talk of progress when there actually is none.Just talk. "
WhelanR
24th Jun 2013 22:42
"Buddha, you are so far up BRs ar*e its unbelievable. Lets slow down a bit here. Great to get young promising players in the door but as I said last season our big problems are in defence. Now that Jamie is gone we will be weaker unless we bring 2 quality defenders in. Thankfully we now have a team working on it"
mushroomscouser1013
24th Jun 2013 22:43
""Buddha, you are so far up your own ar*e its unbelievable""
WhelanR
24th Jun 2013 22:46
"Any news on the Armenian guy?? Class player but we will have to pay up for him"
mushroomscouser1013
24th Jun 2013 22:46
"If we had astute owners, they would take full advantage of the fact the club can benefit from a publicly regeneration project taking place, thus making stadium expansion or renewal far easier and cheaper than say Chelsea. Astute owners would take advantage. Our owners are just here to rake it in."
Rushjob9
24th Jun 2013 22:57
"One thing ill never do am afraid is apologise for caring about my club, or having an opinion whether it be proved right, or wrong. I am upbeat, but then it's easy to be with no football to play with my emotions! There's no hiding this next season- it's as simple as that. "
mushroomscouser1013
24th Jun 2013 22:58
"I believe Mkhitaryan personally has not made any indications that any business will be done or he would like a move. So everything is empty speculation. "
Rushjob9
24th Jun 2013 23:01
"Just pray we swerve Ashley Williams. :)"
mushroomscouser1013
24th Jun 2013 23:01
"Rushjob9 24th Jun 2013 22:57..mate you don't need to apologise for anything to anyone.After all,you never wished the team to lose or call for the managers sack. Just one other posting as many did!"
Rushjob9
24th Jun 2013 23:17
"Mushroom- exactly. If I didn't care so much I'd probably keep my opinions to myself! You on twitter Mushroom?"
mushroomscouser1013
24th Jun 2013 23:34
"Rushjob9 24th Jun 2013 23:1.. no mate I don't do twitter. Except when I do research on "ScouseBirdProbs"...trying to understand what goes on in the heads of the women of this city. You see, understand the head, and head will follow."
Centrecircle1000
24th Jun 2013 23:53
"Greedy i can respond now iv finishemd my shift..im not easily offended so none taken! Ok maybe my text accross as childish at times!!! But i cud never hate a fellow lfc fan.but u seem hell bent on ripping into FSG, and blindly ignoring comments that u dont agree with"
Buckie LFC Supporter
25th Jun 2013 0:43
"Aniroad - good to hear from you. Totally agree, we don't seem so...top quality anymore, something is missing. When KK beat MU 3-0 or even Chelski at their place, we oosed class, but the likes of Kuyt, Maxi etc have gone, in away it's good contd"
Buckie LFC Supporter
25th Jun 2013 0:46
"KK cleared out the deadwood & BR is filling it with potential from the ground up, which is maybe what we needed to do along time ago. I hope BR doesn't overstock creating future deadwood, but hopefully going back to basics young team, young manager it will all come together "
Buckie LFC Supporter
25th Jun 2013 0:50
"NEWFLASH: LFC to sign Ryan Babel, this guy is the next big thing says Buddha! Pace, power a great shot - Guaranteed success. Ooops went back in time there! Potential is exactly that, hopefully most will work, but some won't. Plus fans views change contd"
Buckie LFC Supporter
25th Jun 2013 0:52
"1 year ago everyone wanted to know why we didn't get Jelavic. Now after a poor season, nobody is interested. 2 years ago everyone wanted Adam, we got him & he wasn't as good as we thought (still had more assist than any other prem CM) contd"
Buckie LFC Supporter
25th Jun 2013 0:56
"1 year ago everyone wanted Dempsey, now anyone still want this guy? Did well at Spurs didn't he, got them top 4. sorry no he didn't. This summer Benteka. It's not always about getting the best players last year, it's about getting the best players NEXT year!"
agunzi
25th Jun 2013 2:55
"Not totally sold on this boy, but i hope he does surprise me :) Like the Alberto signing though, i still think things are defo looking better as we move ahead."
mikeypool
25th Jun 2013 5:50
"We may not have the big finances of the so called richer clubs but BR is doing a steady job with the money he has available the top 4 is stall order but with a Little faith and the support of our fans we can make this season a good one maybe not top4 but a trophy at the end of it YNWA "
25th Jun 2013 9:01
"Hi buckie. You have a similar mind set to myself to prospects/potential signings etc. I don't get too carried away by some expert origionating from the same country as a new signing praising the player. Or Youtube coverage showing the players best bits. I wait and reserve judgement. "
25th Jun 2013 9:02
"Equally I am aware that a few great games does not propel you to the status of the saviour of LFC. On the other side, i try not to write off a new signing after a run of bad games unless it's clear as day he is useless. I just like to think i am a bit more grounded. "
25th Jun 2013 9:03
"Ok, I haven't often sang BR's praises but i have never shouted for his head, maybe questionned his credentials but he is growing on me and i'm happy if he coninues. "
25th Jun 2013 9:04
"If I must be honest, Raheem Stirling could of pulled the wool over BR's and many fans, experts eyes. "
25th Jun 2013 9:04
"Amazing at youth level, big noises about getting first team action, noises of discontent and how he wants to leave if not played, then a big contract at 18. "
25th Jun 2013 9:09
"Been a lot of Raheem Sterlings down the years. Many ending up at teams like Macclesfield after not being able to transfer the youth form when playing with the big boys "
Buckie LFC Supporter
25th Jun 2013 23:20
"Aniroad - again totally agree, I try not to write off the players too early, mainly by not building them up too big in the 1st place. Sterling is a good example, apart from being 17/18 I don't think he is anywhere near top player status yet,contd "
Buckie LFC Supporter
25th Jun 2013 23:23
"I've not even seen the lad strike the ball cleanly yet, but if he can develop over the next 4 years to be our Bale (i.e. good running + power shot) then great, but I worry he'll lack the directness & only be as good as SD, which is good but not top top quality"