Comments

Let's hope so!
canuck33
17th May 2013 16:12
10 gd
17th May 2013 16:19
"Julio Cesar esta de saída do QPR seria uma boa compra para reforçamos a baliza Reina aS vezes tem compremetido a equipa falhando em momentos decisivos troca o reina por um jogador importante "
10 gd
17th May 2013 16:19
ondeander
17th May 2013 16:26
"Good .. proof is in the pudding . Go and buy both McCarthy ( looks like a similar , young gerrard ) and bring " Mcmanaman " back to anfield.. quick !!! Good hunting Steve , Spain "
cbomb888
17th May 2013 16:37
"Iker Muniain should be a target. Heading into the last 2yrs of his contract; would be a Coutinho-esque buy. Let someone else shell-out £25m on Eriksen."
17th May 2013 16:44
"SUCH a great man and manager for us to have!!! great time ahead!"
karimessex81
17th May 2013 16:52
"Average coach at best. Doesnt know how to get the best out of a defence that has leaked so many goals this year. Agger and Skrtel should be the best Centre back pairing in the league."
BigRedPaul
17th May 2013 16:57
"love this man. gonna acheive great things under his leadership. would love to swap pepe for tello then bring in julio cesar wanyama micah richards and christian erickson. cesar johnson richards agger enrique wanyama gerrard tello erickson coutinho suarez or sturridge could win prem with this team"
prasan8
17th May 2013 17:06
"funny mr rodgers does lot of talking....esp abt the jan window ....someone pls remnind him his summer transfers of allen,borini,assaidi n yesil was such a disaster....clock is ticking....its not abt depth in squad its abt having a manager who does not moans and does a decent job with what he has....mr rodgers spent 50 million!!!! n still demands"
YNWA1972
17th May 2013 17:21
"Swap reina for tello what you on mate reina one of the best GK's in prem tello a reserve in Spain, eriksen going Dortmund "
TSChoc
17th May 2013 17:23
"Brendan has done well so far, players like Yesil are payers that are for the future. No Manager gets every signing right and patience is needed. We need to understand that we cannot compete on the level a lot of clubs are at the moment, because we don't have the finances. "
Hanomac
17th May 2013 17:34
"If brendan can get us in the top 4 next season he should be given the freedom of the city,When you think that man city,man utd,chelsea and arsenal will all spend big this summer.Fsg will show once again that they havent got the funds to run a football club,I cant see us getting in the top 4 spending 20-25 million."
17th May 2013 17:35
"I see there are a few muppets still doubting BR, makes me laugh so much at there daftness!!"
Hanomac
17th May 2013 17:38
"When you hear even crystal palace saying were going to spend around 40mil,What chance have we got? Are scouting team have got their work cut out!"
holychap
17th May 2013 17:44
"BR isn't average coach ur are a pathetic,average typical whining supporter.What so ever gud is being done or to be done but negative people like u still like to cry..."
17th May 2013 17:46
"guys I will say this once Only, We have money, but unlike the past regime, rodgers and FSG keep their cards close to their chest so we never get ripped off again and buy players whose value can only fall like Downing and Carrol!! DS and PC have doubled in value, yesil will be a good player to in a few years!"
17th May 2013 17:47
"we will always get more money that we spent for assaidi, so... so far we have a 65% success rate with transfer and Borini and Allen can still prove their worth over time... so Rodgers has been so far and his buys could prove him to have performed perfectly so far!"
t0m11
17th May 2013 18:00
"if man city come knocking tell them to do one "
ROB7
17th May 2013 18:09
"Rodgers still has a lot of work to do! No more excuses or bs next season!! With no Europe, top 4 has to be a realistic target. I hope Rodgers delivers."
RebuildLFC
17th May 2013 18:36
"Victor Wanyama and Toby Alderweireld have to be our priority targets. I'd spend most the budget on Wanyama. Plus a right inside forward, Eriksen won't come to us."
liverpoollover1
17th May 2013 18:44
"well I think Kenny was not in Europa in his full season so he played strong squads in the cup games which is why he got to two finals but Rodger's squad was way too tin to play in 4 competitions and still do well in all. So I understand BR very well."
Liz4Liverpool
17th May 2013 18:47
"It is very annoying that even though I have Sky, I can not watch his last match live."
ross-96
17th May 2013 18:54
"McCarthy would not be a good signing and Mcmanaman played for Everton is a Everton fan. Iker Muniain, Micah Richards and a goalkeeper would be great signings as we need more creativity and we are conceding to many goals."
ross-96
17th May 2013 18:59
"How can people still rate Wanyama, celtic have had a horrible season, we shouldn't go near any of their players or coaches."
OldVic
17th May 2013 19:02
"Forecast for next season; 1= Chelsea, 2= Man.City, 3= Man Utd. 4= Liverpool Fingers crossed"
Loz99
17th May 2013 19:05
"He makes it plain that we are paupers in the transfer market and can't afford the kind of top quality players who we need to make the difference between being winners and losers. He's actually trying to fulfil the FSG dream of establishing ourselves as England's top team again but on a shoestring budget. "
OldVic
17th May 2013 19:14
"I think Manchester City, Chelsea and QPR have shown that you can not always buy success. I whole heartedly agree that Micah Richards would be a great acquisition and if Lescott is available him too. But I hold my hand up to the fact that with regard to players playing abroad, I know very little. Leave it to the professionals eh?"
Subiedude
17th May 2013 19:18
"I really hope next season picks off where this one ends. The run of form for the reds has been brilliant. A few good signings and we can contend for champions league spot right off the bat and improve through out the season. "
Stan Still
17th May 2013 19:19
"ross-96 ... Carragher, Owen, McManaman and Fowler. All Everton fans even though they played for LFC. Abel Xavier, Nick Barmby, Gary Ablett (RIP Gary)... Peter Beardsley also played for both teams. So your point about the new Macca not playing for LFC is stupid."
Yaweezy
17th May 2013 19:52
"karimessex81 and you are below average in thinking. Was Skrtel not terrible at some point before? We are not the worst team at defending just that we have conceded silly goals from winning positions. We have scored more goals than Spurs and conceded less and yet they are much above us. its the silly goals. "
dpoolguy
17th May 2013 19:55
"the reason he came is to get us back into the top four,have we become Arsenal or something,a great man once said "aim for the ceiling ,you'll stay on the floor,aim for the stars and you'll reach the ceiling""
Yaweezy
17th May 2013 19:56
"If fans are so good at determining how good a player is or could be would clubs need to pay huge amounts to top scouts? most fans just dont have a clue what it is to buy a player. A very good player might not fit into your system...'Ibra at Barca' a top player might have adaptability issues 'Forlan' at ManU.. so jst dont come here and mention players for d coach.. go play FM13 instead."
soccerfreak0410
17th May 2013 19:58
"I hope the "walk" will match the "talk". Start by bringing in a quality player like Christian Eriksen. That will give a statement of intent!!! YNWA"
Yaweezy
17th May 2013 20:00
"dpoolguy.. You just dont aim for the stars from the depth of an ocean.. you need to come to the surface first yea? Armstrong and co didnt have to aim for Neptune to get to the moon, they aimed straight for the moon and didnt miss. Never missing ur target is the key as what happens after missing is out of ur control as u cld end up being history."
gerryf84
17th May 2013 20:52
"2 good defenders a fast winger and striker and well move up to the next level YNWA "
Aspas9Coutinho10
17th May 2013 21:36
"I just hope that smart signings are done over the summer. There is no need to waste over 15M on a single player. Coutinho 8.5M, Sturridge 12M = Fantastic business. Ilori, Ince and McManaman - these 3 players combined would cost under 10M. They fall under the home grown rules, youth policy and have the potential to become really good. Fingers crossed! "
R-E-D-A-H-E-N-D-O
17th May 2013 21:51
"What about the girl guides? have they started yet?"
Centrecircle1000
17th May 2013 22:18
"Lets hope we get the right players in- then we can all look forward to next season"
YNWA1999
17th May 2013 22:22
"The negative posts really disappoint me. Overnight success is not guaranteed in this business and any new Manager has to be given time. I think that progress has been made and this is part of the transition. Suitable and good-value summer signings will be part of this. This time next year, we can start making serious judgements on BR. YNWA "
17th May 2013 22:25
"In the Buddha way. I just want to say I TOLD YOU So! 12 months ago I said new manager would win nothing & not do much better in the Le & that we should have stuck with KK. KK would have had us in top 3 this season! The fickle fans last year now demand support, yet weren't prepared to give it 12 months ago!!"
WhelanR
17th May 2013 22:28
"Postive but getting into the top 4 isnt this massive challenge BR says it is..We have as much resource as Arsenal or Spurs so lets beat them to 4th next season"
WhelanR
17th May 2013 22:29
"The Light - you seem not to mention Borini and Allen. There value has halfed if not worse..a bit of balance please"
WhelanR
17th May 2013 22:32
"Scouting team v positive for LFC..getting Coutinho for £10m was a superb piece of business..keep it going..players are out there"
17th May 2013 22:32
"HOWEVER, we moved on & that means BR gets time, that KK should have been given, to build a team. I like BR he talks a good game, he realises we need a team, not 1 off wonders to actual win the Le. Being young he will make lots of mistakes but that's learning & we all make mistakes. contd "
buddha130642
17th May 2013 22:33
"In the buckie way. I know nothing about football and therefore wouldn't know progress if it popped out of a toilet seat and bit me on the bottom. The fact we are one place higher with less money spent and scored more goals and more points - means nothing - as I believe KK would have spent a further 100m to get us the glorious Carling cup again. So there. "
17th May 2013 22:34
"Big 1 this year was not playing Coates in def mid when Lucas out, or with lucas, or putting him on loan, the year has been wasted in Coates development. transfers are always hit & miss for every manager. I think Borini & Allen will come good, just like Hendo & SD improved in their 2nd year contd "
17th May 2013 22:40
"Transfers? I take what BR decides, but I think Micah Richards might be good, + we must find a leader(who?) & if we are going to Villa, take Weihman (we don't need Bentika, 1) we only play 1 striker hence why DS was on the bench after 5 games 2) Same hype before we got AC & look how fans have reacted"
17th May 2013 22:42
"to WhelanR,22:29, I mentioned Borini and allen at 17:47... so there was no biased.... I said that they still have time to prove their value.... which is true.. they are young and in my opinion talented!"
17th May 2013 22:44
"FSG - I don't trust Americans, but I accept if they want to run us like a business i.e. we make high profit & they take a 50% div & rest goes back into team. BUT I'm confused how we struggle to make a profit per the accs? Hull are getting 50mil for reaching prem, we therefore get good tv money, we are still a good brand (top 20 clubs) contd"
R-E-D-A-H-E-N-D-O
17th May 2013 22:46
"Buddha - I fear for your nephews and nieces."
17th May 2013 22:47
"buckie, BR has made far less mistakes in management than the previous seasons mis management! and we would not send Coates on Loan, we needed a full squad, playing allen in as a DM has been his only mistake so far as it cost allen his confidence, but for a few 5 or six games allen was our best player!! "
buddha130642
17th May 2013 22:48
"We have 8 players that will start definitely start next season. Reina, Johnson, Agger, Enrique, SG, Coutinho, Suarez and Sturridge. So we need 3 class players to fill the void of Lucas Downing and Skrtel. I give you Wanyama, Williams and Ince and then its game on. "
17th May 2013 22:49
"why do people presume FSG are exploiting LFC?? they have given our managers a large transfer budget over the last two years unfortunately two thirds of if got blown on average overpriced players... that is what has hurt the club most for the last 20 years! Rodgers now has to rebuild rather than rejuvenate to take us further!"
17th May 2013 22:50
"yet we struggle to make ends meet? yes more sponsors which show next accs. transfers in the accs shouldn't have been high only JE & Coates yet sold Merilles for similar money. deadwood was already stripped by KK. I don't mind if they put some profits for stadium (new or old) but no profits?!?"
R-E-D-A-H-E-N-D-O
17th May 2013 22:50
"Buddha - Hasnt Ince signed a new deal?"
17th May 2013 22:52
"hey buddha, I second that, but would prefer eriksen over Ince, young Ilori looks a great prospect too, sterling will also step up again next season and hopefully Suso sill show his potential... with Kelly back in the squad we are looking very very formidable!!!"
buddha130642
17th May 2013 22:53
"Whoever sold Ince should be shot. It was utter madness. Now we will have to pay more than we sold him for - to get him back. And to top it all, we bought Downing as his replacement and, although, he has been playing well but, really? And yet, some have the nerve to attack BR, lol. "
17th May 2013 22:54
"ha ha Buckie, Miereles was KKs best performer for his first six months, and KK flogged him....?? "
R-E-D-A-H-E-N-D-O
17th May 2013 22:55
"Buddha I think selling Ince was just to get his annoying father out of the door as quick as possible. A shrewd deal if you ask me."
17th May 2013 22:57
"hey Buddha, forcing young Ince out was scandalous, and look at the young lad now, I used to watch him and sterling in the reserves and both would have been head and shoulders above Hendo in his first season when he was misused as a right winger and if Rodgers hadnt taken over Sterling would be gone too!"
17th May 2013 22:57
"Outlook - although I think are best team last year is better than our best now. That team included hungry players like Kuyt, Maxi & Bellers (ageing players). We have lots of improving to do in all areas, Def as unit better, improve setplays both Attack & def, get more desire to press & win against well defended teams contd"
buddha130642
17th May 2013 22:58
"The light, with Coutinho now showing that centrally he is ready - we don't need Eriksen. I agree that Sterling will step up, but in Ince, we have a goal scoring winger which is Downings' downfall - excuse the pun. We need a front 3 of Suarez, Sturridge and Ince with Coutinho just behind them. I can hear you salivating, lol. Goodnight all :-)"
R-E-D-A-H-E-N-D-O
17th May 2013 22:59
"I'm with Buckie on this one. Cant really say we've progressed but then we are rebuilding and have been doing since Kenny was appointed. He deserved a second season and so does BR although some people were quick to judge last season. Ahemm.Buddha,LDW and Lonewar.... I wonder where he is these days???:)"
17th May 2013 22:59
"ok Buddha, Point proven, thats a great forward line to me... I can here teams starting to tremble...."
17th May 2013 23:03
"we need to pass better under pressure, we encourage pressure but then can't pass our way out of it. But I think BR will be a very good manager. 57-60 points is a very good 1st year total, next year we need to hit 75-78 (we won't win le but it would be a good improvement)"
17th May 2013 23:03
"to buckie.... erm Maxi, Kuyt and bellers didnt any game time last season... so they all left because players of substandard ability compared to them were picked as favourites... and we are clearly have a better squad now than last year, its not even a close comparison....but it took january to sort it out! This team would walk all over last years team if in fantasy land they played each other!"
R-E-D-A-H-E-N-D-O
17th May 2013 23:08
"Lightwar, They weren't picked as favourites, KD was rebuilding a team.Their departures were imminent. to some extent we can see why BR persisted with JA despite his poor form. "
17th May 2013 23:12
"I was just doing my season review. Buddha I think BR will be an great manger, he has my full support, just like KK did! Under BR we will improve next season, like we would have under KK. We talk about just needing consistency but so do Wigan! last year we hit the woodwork many times, this year they went in the net! we've scored more pens this year yet had 3 times more last year contd"
17th May 2013 23:13
"Hendo, but he dropped him when he didnt improve... But last year regardless of form they players he bought got picked...not matter how badly they played....There is a clear difference, now Joe Allen has to fight very hard if he is ever to play for us a again, competition for places... last year there was none, I dont consider last year a rebuild at all, I just saw money being thrown and the team!"
17th May 2013 23:16
"the form of KK over his last six months put us in the bottom 3, the form of BR over the last six months puts us in the top 4... so here is a difference! I really really dont think KK would have improved his form. a great guy but very very stubborn to his principles, which would be good if it was working like his first six months but then he changed it all...."
17th May 2013 23:16
17th May 2013 23:16
17th May 2013 23:16
17th May 2013 23:16
"the form of KK over his last six months put us in the bottom 3, the form of BR over the last six months puts us in the top 4... so here is a difference! I really really dont think KK would have improved his form. a great guy but very very stubborn to his principles,"
17th May 2013 23:16
17th May 2013 23:17
" which would be good if it was working like his first six months but then he changed it all...."
17th May 2013 23:18
"you talk about more points this year, & what BR has done is great, but Everton, MU, Chelski, Arsenal & Spurs (if both get point or better) have got more points than last year, only the over achieving NU have dropped away. You talk about Borini & Allen improving but didn't give the same chance to SD AC Hendo"
17th May 2013 23:19
"KK was always a short term answer to give the club stability until a young talented manager became available, however if he had spent more wisely on players we actually needed I am sure he would have seen out his contract! But how the club is run now is so much more professional. the future is so bright!"
17th May 2013 23:20
"dont know what happened there, sorry about the multiple posts!!"
R-E-D-A-H-E-N-D-O
17th May 2013 23:20
"Lightwar, i think you three were hyper critical last season. A lot of saw the potential of the players but we did get a lot of bad luck,eg woodwork. It can happen to the best of people some times. I think SD was better last season but unlucky. Have U actually seen some of the balls Hendo thread last season? Equally as good as this seasons. Far too critical, thats all i'm saying."
R-E-D-A-H-E-N-D-O
17th May 2013 23:23
"Lightwar - Its because u were trying to log in as buddha at the same time. Happens to me also when I log in as rushjob."
Centrecircle1000
17th May 2013 23:23
"The light- u repeat yourself a lot lad !!!!!!"
REDOPIUM
17th May 2013 23:23
"I think lonewar is in love with BR"
17th May 2013 23:23
"fair enough Hendo, I was critical last year as you and everyone else knows, I just disagreed with how the squad was used, and you make your own luck, it always balances out over a season, SD was very unlucky with his finishing and I am proud he is showing the potential KD saw in him, and Hendo for that matter, but hendo has improved due to being deployed correctly!"
R-E-D-A-H-E-N-D-O
17th May 2013 23:24
R-E-D-A-H-E-N-D-O
17th May 2013 23:24
17th May 2013 23:26
"lol, you guys make me laugh, I really think BR will take us back to the very top over the coming seasons, but this summer is very very important to get right and we need some serious news on the stadium and I hope KK gets his ambassador job back, it must be great for the youth players to have him around!"
17th May 2013 23:30
"Thelight - Merilles should have been sold for 25mil+ when HE wanted to go to desperate Chelsea (It was Bad transfer business again, but DC & IA agrees the fees & pay or receive) but how well has he done at Chelsea? sold for HOW MUCH? within 12 months!"
Loz99
17th May 2013 23:31
"If Brendan manages to get us back on top with the big guns again then the guy is a genius, considering the meagre budget he's left to work with. Could FSG be actually asking too much from him?"
R-E-D-A-H-E-N-D-O
17th May 2013 23:31
"Next season 3rd. Season after 1st. That's my prediction. As Buddha would say "MARK MY WORDS" (Providing LS is replaced)"
Centrecircle1000
17th May 2013 23:32
"Thelight- u make scense lad - latets"
17th May 2013 23:35
"Buddha Ince was sold because he wouldn't sign a new contract as he didn't want to be ruined in our reserves. At the moment he is a good player in poor team, like Hendo & SD. He may become better in a few years, but he won't improve us at the moment, just like Jonjo, Sterling Suso & wisdom don't improve us at the moment"
17th May 2013 23:50
"buckie, I agree with you last statement completely, I dont think Ince would improve us much but maybe buddha can see something we cant, He should have been in the first team squad though the season he left! but maybe he has improved because he left who knows?"
PANKY
17th May 2013 23:55
"I hope so. Lfc need to act quick and decisively with getting new players in otherwise players will end up at other clubs that will challenge for honours."
buddha130642
18th May 2013 0:19
"The light, trust me Ince is infinitely better than Downing and would excel for us. He has the right characteristics to succeed. He is a constant goal threat a severe improvement on Downing in this department. Downing lack of goals is a no no and he won't be a world class player unless he gets goals. "
18th May 2013 0:22
"hey Buddha, I completely get were you are coming from, it just depends if he can do it in the prem and is not currently a big fish in a small pond, I would prefer cortinhno out there with erisken in the centre, just for a few years!"
ajp81
18th May 2013 0:23
"The Light, you can big up BR as much as you want but the facts of the season are no cup run, 7th in the league and not 1 win against the 6 sides who finished above us. As a Liverpool fan of over 30 years I don't think that is good enough for our club do you? I shall give BR my support till Xmas but no more excuses it now needs to prove he is up to the task because so far he hasn't. "
buddha130642
18th May 2013 0:25
"buckie, you are misinforming us? Arsenal and Spurs have the same points total at this precise moment as last year, albeit, with one game to go, but they will have to win this to have improved. We have 6 point more which shows progress. Only Chelski has shown similar improvement. Give credit when its due"
18th May 2013 0:25
"to AJP81, we have a lot more points this season, have more clean sheets and more away goals scored for the last 24 years and a playing style, that for me is clear improvement. yes a cup run would have been nice, but the squad was too thin due to a poor summer transfer saga, this summer needs to be a good !!"
1989fowler
18th May 2013 0:27
"WE SHOULD GET ABOUT £30 MILLION FROM FSG AND £30 MIL FROM PLAYER SALES, SKERTEL, CARROL ETC... £60 MIL IS ENOUGH FOR A FEW DECENT PLAYERS. YNWA "
buddha130642
18th May 2013 0:28
"By all measures we have improved and all done with a rookie manager - which goes a long way to show how good he has been. BR will be able to say to himself; that he has done a good job. I admire his obvious courage and the fact that he never looks overawed. Well done sir. "
18th May 2013 0:29
"well said Buddha, Night from the "war of the lone" "
18th May 2013 0:32
"just a quick one, I really hope we swap Carrol for Ben Arfa.... I would love that!"
buddha130642
18th May 2013 0:33
"ajp81, its very important if you are going to make bold comments that they are supported by facts. We beat Spurs a team above us. Also, no other manager would have achieved any better with the resources and the situation BR inherited. The man is doing a great job and should be applauded for his endeavours. "
ajp81
18th May 2013 0:42
"Apologies Buddha I forgot we did beat Spurs, still though 1 win in 12 games is not great reading is it. I really do hope that you and the likes of The Light are right about BR but I just can't see it in him. "
DaRevolution
18th May 2013 1:00
"I hope the scouts have Matias Suarez (Anderlect), Eriksen (Ajax), Jovetic (Fiorentina), Hernanes (Lazio), Mertens (PSV), Cissokho (Valencia), Gaitan (Benfica), Tello (Barcelona), Bernard (Atletico Mineiro) on their list"
DjafuLFC
18th May 2013 1:21
"sell carroll, spearing, downing and assaidi buy tello/yarmolenko, wanyama, digne and papadopoulos"
Eurochampsforkeeps
18th May 2013 2:57
"9 players sold - 8 players in. We need more than 4 players. 3 at the back, 2 in the middle, 3 up front."
joecos
18th May 2013 2:58
"It all sounds so good as usual , but why then did you waste over 30m on Allen, Borini & Assaidi."
joecos
18th May 2013 3:03
"The most positive aspect of next season no Carragher,I guarantee this will coincide with our rise up the table,the negative is Rodgers will still be manager."
ChampionOfEurope05
18th May 2013 5:01
"I worry we won't be in touching distance of the top 4 next year. Man Utd always do well somehow, Man City are going to spend an absolute fortune and Chelsea under Jose will do well. Arsenal and Spurs are also miles clear with the quality of their squads. I just don't see how we will get near the top four. "
ScouseAlbatross
18th May 2013 5:32
"Brendan you can stop having to explain urself now. i'm convinced you're the man for the job, and anyone who's negative about u r just negative people anyway so sod em ;-)"
Hend-of-time
18th May 2013 8:32
"FSG!!! SHOW HIM THE MONEY!!!"
Irteza
18th May 2013 9:14
"We really want to see Good business in the summer! Please don't just buy young players with potential .... Our young group is already very strong .... We need 2/3 matured, experienced players, who can hold nerve and fight. We need to improve our home record, especially beating top4 contenders."
Irteza
18th May 2013 9:25
"You may also need to improve coaching team.... We were very poor on corners, both defending and converting. Defence also needs to be solid .... We conceded many goals for wrong footings."
Irteza
18th May 2013 9:32
"Sell Reina, Brad Jones and get Iker Casillas and Alex McCarthy..... Two technically strong centre defenders, two wide men, may be Ericsson and Tello and one genuine No 9."
5eurochamps
18th May 2013 11:22
"This season wasnt disapointing, it was a shambles. I love the footy you like to play, but we need results and a plan B..... CONSISTANCY, CONSISTANCY, CONSISTANCY, CONSISTANCY is what we need. smashing teams 4,5,6, nil is pointless if we then lose to southampton WBA etc...."
REDOPIUM
18th May 2013 18:37
"yeah sell both keepers cheaply and pay a fortune buying 2 new ones some fans live in dream land, jones on a free possibly pepe stays,"