Comments

King Robbie. What a great striker he was. Absolutely lethal. One of the best ever. We could do with a couple of young strikers like him. I was hoping Adam Morgan would be his natural successor. Daniel and Luis are great but we're still two deadly strikers short of the complete front-line.
Stan Still
22nd Apr 2013 17:35
Kaushik Bose
22nd Apr 2013 17:52
":) YNWA"
AN-RD-2005
22nd Apr 2013 17:53
"Nice shirt Robbie. #justsaying Noticed Robbie getting abuse of Greame Le Saux and Brian 'pitbull' Moore on Twitter yday. #rentboys"
Redcrusader
22nd Apr 2013 18:04
"There you go straight from some one that knows. Well said robbie....Now no more negative BR OUT NONSENSE PLEASE!!!!!!"
LFCYNWALFC
22nd Apr 2013 18:05
"Suarez this Suarez that, he is going to get over this and become a stronger player. We aren't going to sell him and frankly I dont see where the need to sell him is either, people make mistakes he is our own and we will stand by his side to HELP HIM! Im more concerned about how shelvy missed an empty net!!! ?!?!?!?!!"
AN-RD-2005
22nd Apr 2013 18:31
"LFCYNWALFC- Shelvey has become the player fans love to ridicule. Bless him. "
ThreePoints
22nd Apr 2013 18:54
"I dson't compare us with other teams but I do look at the point difference between us and the top team. Have a look and if there is progress please advise where... How many times did we go to Wembley this year? The answer to that is we failed to progress! "
MachineGoal
22nd Apr 2013 19:10
"Every year there has been a progress yet we seem to be getting gradually worse! We were absolutely terrible in the beginning of the season and now we are mediocre and thats progress?"
dhd39
22nd Apr 2013 19:36
"i cant see any progress i guess i much be watching a different team"
gloriousLFC
22nd Apr 2013 19:47
"I am afraid this is just another usual keep the faith slogen nothing else :-("
Buddha130650
22nd Apr 2013 19:54
"Fowlers words must be very painful for the naysayers. Surely, they are not going to against the thoughts of God. If Robbie can see what any intelligent person can see then its baffling why the depressors are blind to it. We are going to be such a force next season and then we will see what they have to say then. "
22nd Apr 2013 20:18
"If the progress is so obvious you wonder why the club is wheeling out anyone and everyone to state the fact. The fact is there isn't any progress. One point ahead of last season with no cups isn't progress, and it doesn't change the fact because Robbie says it is. Facts is facts. Spin is just spin."
Redcrusader
22nd Apr 2013 20:25
"Well said BUDDHA 130650 All this negative stuff makes me laugh....Please get real people if Robbie can see progress who are you to argue????Please wise up."
22nd Apr 2013 20:25
"The interesting thing is what line of spin the deluded will spout when the next season is just the same as this.Why not just respect the intellect of the fans and state the bleeding obvious. The owners have made their intentions perfectly clear. They have been here long enough. "
22nd Apr 2013 20:27
""So I think you can say the progression is certainly there"...hardly a statement of fact. Wouldn't stand up to scrutiny in a court! Robbie sounds less than convinced!"
22nd Apr 2013 20:29
"Perhaps Robbie has been reading between "the lines" when he said this..."
Buddha130650
22nd Apr 2013 20:30
"250GT-Lusso, you are a classic case of the fan who holds unto negativity. We are one point ahead with 4 games to go and yet you still don't get it. You are even predicting negativity for next season? I have no idea why some people crave moroseness, but I feel very sorry for them as its a bleak existence. "
Redcrusader
22nd Apr 2013 20:30
"Please look up this word. SUPPORT.....And do it!!! YES SUPPORT THE TEAM THE MANAGER AND BELIEVE WHAT ROBBIE FOWLER AND OTHER LEDGENDS HAVE TO SAY!!!"
22nd Apr 2013 20:33
"My existence is hardly bleak believe me...I just don't think one point ahead of last season with no cups or qualification represents progress. Being deluded to facts and out of touch with reality is bleak. I understand the owners and certain fans are desperate to justify the sacking of Dalglish. That's understandable...and a bit pathetic."
Redcrusader
22nd Apr 2013 20:41
"I think i will listen and believe and agree what robbie is saying than some negative clown that has nothing but rubbish to say.The words of YNWA should spell it out..."
EcoRed
22nd Apr 2013 20:42
"Oh Robbie, i guess you still think Roy Evans was going to go on and dominate too? As you wrote in your book. No chance, we are a complete shower."
Redcrusader
22nd Apr 2013 20:45
"ecored you have to be a manc there is no other excuse for your disrespect."
22nd Apr 2013 20:45
"Some fans can deal with the reality. A new manager, especially one as inexperienced as Rodgers was always going to take time to learn how to manage and settle.When one looks at the value and ability of the players, our present position was expected back at the start of the season,for those with the intellect and prescience not to have delusions of progression."
22nd Apr 2013 20:45
"This endless peddling of progress is ridiculous and smacks of desperation. I pity those who need it and lap it up. "
EcoRed
22nd Apr 2013 20:50
"Redcrusader, it's only the Mancs who are happy where we are (7th). Go figure. Also go read Robbie's book where he claimed Roy Evans was going on to Dominate! "
22nd Apr 2013 20:53
"The loyal who warned against the utterly imbecilic delusion that this squad was capable of top four 6 games ago always slated those who held the correct view that this team and manager are not capable of a top 4 challenge. And low and behold, here we are. 7th. The fans who said top 4 was unrealistic were not being negative, THEY WERE BEING REALISTIC. "
EcoRed
22nd Apr 2013 20:54
"Redcrusader, how is that disrespect? Are we the best team in Europe? We are 7th, open your eyes, wake up from your slumber."
Buddha130650
22nd Apr 2013 20:54
"250GT-Lusso, you pity those who crave success or have a healthy outlook? lol. You my friend should pity yourself. Existing on a constant negative diet must be painful and I don't know how you do it. Well, I guess you crave the dark, so showing you the light is useless. I would say cheer up but you would find something wrong with that. "
22nd Apr 2013 20:57
"Buddha130650 22nd Apr 2013 20:30..so don't feel sorry for the realists, feel sorry for your own deluded easily influenced self. Reduce your medication,and come to grips with reality instead of living in cloud cuckoo land."
Scousemorals
22nd Apr 2013 21:00
"250GT-Lusso, you and a significant amount of fans are of no help whatsoever. Experienced veterans and many have commented on 'progress' and have stated that they consider it as such. The transfers alone are progress at relatively small cost. The game needs to sharpen up in many departments still, but your comment is nothing more than a petty vent. What is your purpose here, think about it?"
scotty78ynwa
22nd Apr 2013 21:00
"Look at the amount of goals we have scored compared to last season then thats obvious improvement. Its rodgers 1st season building his own team implementing a different playing style with not near the amount of funds as last season. What do some of you expect it was always going to be an up & down season. Of course you know better than the ex pro's Fowler,Barnes & all others backing Rodgers?"
Redcrusader
22nd Apr 2013 21:03
"ecored we are the best team in europe and always will be.How many euro cups have we won!!!!I will support my team through the good and the bad and why???Because my cup is always half full not half empty.;-)"
red till i die
22nd Apr 2013 21:03
"NO PROGRESS UNDER BUCK RODGERS,LUIS SHOULD B BANNED YES BUT HOW LONG DID DEFOE GET AND HE WASN'T ON THE FRONT PAGE"
Scousemorals
22nd Apr 2013 21:07
"If you want a fight go elsewhere. Regardless of progress, it is a matter of perspective. However, when you and others post rants it helps no-one. It adds to pressure. If you know anything about football, confidence is everything and you do nothing to assist that goal, so erm.... Good job."
22nd Apr 2013 21:08
"Of course I crave success. This season was never going to bring progress or success. The odds were against it considering the variables involved. If you honestly expected progress and success, then that's your problem.If I cared, I suppose I could pity your naivety for having such expectations and your desperate need to see them somehow fulfilled. "
22nd Apr 2013 21:15
"Nothing but nothing adds needless pressure than unrealistic expectations that can't be met. So the pressure to produce "progress", as evidenced by articles like this is adding more pressure than than confidence. And it's affecting results."
22nd Apr 2013 21:20
"FSG sacked Dalglish and cited or implied the results as the reason. That decision then placed pressure on Rodgers to progress or improve on last season, which he was unlikely to do, especially given limited funds. It isn't the likes of me putting pressure and destroying confidence, it is the fans who desperately need to see progress, instead of being able to accept our current situation."
Scousemorals
22nd Apr 2013 21:21
"You've veered off course there lad. Not one person has stated their expectations for the club... Again, of no relevance or assistance to anyone. Look, we are not enemies. If you didn't care you wouldn't post. Really, you are angered by a lengthy wait which is fine, but think about the consequences of yours and others' feisty rants."
22nd Apr 2013 21:24
"Like BR said at the start of the season but no one appeared to listen. And I will remind you. "WE ARE WERE WE ARE". Most of you who desperately need to see "progress" and lap are the exact same glory hunters and rent boys who called for KK to be sacked. Total Beautes!!"
Scousemorals
22nd Apr 2013 21:28
"Like I say, it's a question of perspective. The goal tally alone, transfers, and varied style of play shows progress. To imply that such articles or positive comments adds as much pressure as negative comments or articles? I'm done debating with you, this is futile. Stubbornness and an answer for everything serves no purpose for our team. Your team."
22nd Apr 2013 21:28
"I am not angered by a lengthy wait...I have waited 23 years for justice and still wait for league victory. I am angered by the incessant BS. FSG should have said they sacked KK because his salary expectations were too high.Not blamed his achievements. The the pressure on BR to achieve what Kenny did would have been avoided. My anger is a response to the constant spin and BS. "
classANDsuccess
22nd Apr 2013 21:33
"We've got 51 points on the board at the moment and last season we finished up with 52' Hmm, should we look at the evidence and listen to Robbie or attack Rodgers and FSG?"
Buddha130650
22nd Apr 2013 21:33
"250GT-Lusso, only in your world, would you suggest a happy person taking medication, lol. I can just see it now, you go to the doctor and say I need medication doctor, and he asks, why, are you feeling low, and you retort, on the contrary, I have never felt so good and its killing me. I envy you, sir. "
classANDsuccess
22nd Apr 2013 21:37
"Wigan are at wembley. Does that mean they're better than us, Spurs, arsenal and others? Some people should try to understand how a team grow and progresses- they develop a style of play (we have a greater % of possession in most games-progress) and add players to key areas (sturridge at xmas). But I'm wrong, and Robbie, and many other players and experts including other teams managers..."
Buddha130650
22nd Apr 2013 21:37
"250GT-Lusso, if you read Fowlers and my comments more clearly, you will see the key-word progress. Which means we can see a positive outcome coming soon based on sound improvement. You exaggerate what we say to mean that we are ecstatic with this season, because in your negative world, the word progress means complete fulfilment. To us its just progress. Do you get it now, sir. "
22nd Apr 2013 21:38
"classANDsuccess 22nd Apr 2013 21:33..you forgot two cup finals and a trophy.Plus a Saurez ban,who of course is the source of this season goals. Plus you omit the 17 times he hit the woodwork. But then I realise it suits you to omit these small details. We have only played league games since January.Why look at reality if you cant deal with it. "
22nd Apr 2013 21:43
"Buddha130650 22nd Apr 2013 21:37..I think it is you who needs to read what Robbie says. And I quote "So I think you can say the progression is certainly there"...which is not a statement of fact. I don't live in a negative world. I live in the real one. I have always had realistic expectations this season. Are you capable of understanding that?"
22nd Apr 2013 21:52
"Another thing that gets me is those to denigrate the clubs achievement's last season in an attempt to make this season somehow look better. Unbelievable. I thought fans were supposed to be proud of their club and all its trophies, victories and achievements. But then those who play down last season are usually those who called for Kenny to be sacked. "
Eurochampsforkeeps
22nd Apr 2013 22:03
"Hooper and Remy would complete our forward line. Both can score and would give us options with Luis and Daniel. Then add a winger, playmaker we would have a good striking options."
Buddha130650
22nd Apr 2013 22:03
"250GT-Lusso, its obvious you are clutching at straws in editing Robbies glowing tribute. You claim to live in the real world whilst hankering over last season, hardly the actions of a realist. You see realists live in the present, and, although, can look back and reminisce, they tend to live in the now. Try it, sir.."
cordoso
22nd Apr 2013 22:07
"not convinced of the progress but some people seem to want br sacked. This has been a very poor season and most fans i talk to think that we can improve next season. The second half of the season has been a good one with br doing a bit of a uturn and that is encouraging "
lanoisseforp
22nd Apr 2013 22:10
"Let's focus on the next game at St. James Park and hopefully we can collect the 3 points from there :)"
REDOPIUM
22nd Apr 2013 22:12
"yes lets hope we beat Newcastle, we cant go 4 without winning surely."
EcoRed
22nd Apr 2013 22:16
"Somebody please buy me a pair of Robbie Fowler rose-tinted glasses!! "
thegreatyassir
22nd Apr 2013 22:56
"i swear its killing me seeing man utd winning their 20th league and we are still talking about progress...its killing seeing them celebrating while they are laughing at us and making fun of gerrard because he had never won the league before"
tommyt2
22nd Apr 2013 23:08
"Man Utd win their 20th le. We aren't even near getting into the Champions League. Rodgers better sort this out quick. I hold him responsible. He took the job, he needs to stop talking and win some effing games. "
lanoisseforp
22nd Apr 2013 23:17
"thegreatyassir... I wouldn't worry about them and Angus Funguson... He'll never be up there with Bill, Bob, Joe (and Matt).... because those fellas have class where Alex Boguson has none..."
lanoisseforp
22nd Apr 2013 23:18
"He will never equal Bob's record in the European Cup/Champions League record... Besides that... Bob's 9 Seasons with us is the best record that will never be broken and not only that Bill built a team from nothing that became a force.... so let toilet united enjoy their moment.... our time will come one day soon.... just be patient :)"
EcoRed
22nd Apr 2013 23:37
"Mancs win 20th league and meanwhile Brendan is fighting off West Brom to claim 7th!! Hurrah!!"
kopite301046
23rd Apr 2013 0:01
"Where is the progress its same as last year and the manager got the sack.Next season will be even more difficult for BR possibly his job will be on the line if he doesn't produce results."
Red Yank 1969
23rd Apr 2013 0:43
"this year was always going to be a learnig year for Rodgers and the club. I felt as long we finish in the top 10, that was my expectation. Next year will be the year to judge. We need a centerback as well as another striker. We shall see"
PrinceOfSwing
23rd Apr 2013 1:36
"It really shouldn't take this for people to see it - the progress is obvious! But the negative fans probably won't be swayed by Fowler's words either. Just an example - with three wins in the last four games we'll be on 60 points, possibly 6th, quite realistically less than 10 points behind 4th. Surely an improvement on 52 points and 17 points behind? "
blood134
23rd Apr 2013 3:45
"Earlier a lot of people were dismissive of the captains comments, based on the fact he currently plays for the team so obviously a biased opinion. Now RF a former player, is spinning, may I ask why RF would need to do that without believing it cont..."
blood134
23rd Apr 2013 3:46
". Our former players don't hold back if they think a manager ain't good for the club & BR has received more criticism from our fans than the experts who all can see & understand what he is implementing. Cont..."
blood134
23rd Apr 2013 3:48
" I can understand the frustration of The infamous Bhudda with some of you, to not understand the progress were making need to look at how many games we lost last season, the disjointed style we inherited from the end of the Rafa era meanwhile what team was playing the best football? cont...."
joecos
23rd Apr 2013 3:48
"I agree with Robbie that some of our football is the best we have seen for years but cannot understand Rodgers selections ,ie why does he still persist with Carra ,who once again was at fault for Chelsea 1st goal beaten to a header by the smallest chelsea player"
blood134
23rd Apr 2013 3:48
", Swansea was the only defeat that was accepted & admired by our fans. Now we are more fluid if this style reaped rewards some of you are demanding straight away everyone would play that way, it needs work & time & we ain't got the resources for a quick fix, so he should be judged when he also acquires a team of his own and not till then."
blood134
23rd Apr 2013 3:49
" Stop comparing it to KK situation, who had an interim period followed by a summer period with a large kitty & a season. It was the handling of the Suarez/Evra incident that ultimately got him the sack."
joecos
23rd Apr 2013 3:59
"Lucas is now terrible, why did Rodgers not give Coady 20 mins.Then he brings on the useless Shelvey, who`s immediate contribution was to get booked,he then missed a great chance to win the game, finally Courtinho it looks like another wasted 8m by Rodgers.Plz FSG get us a better manager, not Rafa."
Dhodan
23rd Apr 2013 5:38
"Absolutely rubbish. Fowler, you are a legend but I am not satisfied to be second or third best. "
Thanks2Shanks
23rd Apr 2013 7:37
"A lot of people agree with Robbie, last game Brendan showed that he can utilize and tinker, something I had personally not seen yet. Other teams have seemed to be able to set up a counter tactik to BR's and get it right to often, that is frustrating. I want to see him tinker more."
Thanks2Shanks
23rd Apr 2013 7:41
"It does not take a rocket scientist to see that if your opposition have one striker you will nullify the attack by playing midfield deep and we split our midfield so that our lads get out numbered and they have no options if the opposition play deep. we need a tactical option to open that up. I want to see that from BR."
ISM3
23rd Apr 2013 7:51
"Theres defo been progress I know we didnt get a trophy but we had to win on penalties to a championship team come on it wasnt that impressive. As far as this season goes im happy with the signing s. And playing good football. Ynwa lfc "
TheAnalyst
23rd Apr 2013 8:12
"I love how he's saying "we" and "us""
TheAnalyst
23rd Apr 2013 8:14
"joecos, Coutinho a waste of money, you must be out of your mind!?"
5fivetimesLFC
23rd Apr 2013 8:34
"hmmm"
LFCYNWALFC
23rd Apr 2013 9:33
"Buddha - its not about predicting negatively or positively for next season - WE DO IT EVERY YEAR, our unofficial moto is 'next year we are gonna do it' and its been this way since the start of the prem so im sorry mate but I dont blame the fans that aren't as optimistic as u â"
LFCYNWALFC
23rd Apr 2013 9:33
"in fact I'd like to understand what makes u think we will be a force next season when we couldnâ"
LFCYNWALFC
23rd Apr 2013 9:35
"in fact I'd like to understand what makes u think we will be a force next season when we couldnt do jack all this season? I can see progress in terms of style of play for sure, BR has put his mark on the team but in terms of challenging for honors Iâ"
LFCYNWALFC
23rd Apr 2013 9:36
"Im sorry to say that we are well short of the teams at the top and you need to look at the bigger picture and compare to the teams around us not just compare it to last season so we can pat ourselves on the back and pretend like we are content when the mancs are laughing on the other side of the M62!! cont"
LFCYNWALFC
23rd Apr 2013 9:37
"We NEED to be a force next season and the only way to achieve that is to do what the rest of the teams do pull the money out and buy world class players, we should have let DIC buy the club when we had the chance, cont"
LFCYNWALFC
23rd Apr 2013 9:37
"football is a money game these days and if you aint got it then you arent going anywhere and that is evident not only in the manner we spend what we have but our league position over those that have lots of it and spend it well - and that my friend is a FACT!"
JoeyRasdien
23rd Apr 2013 10:04
"Well said, your holiness."
classANDsuccess
23rd Apr 2013 11:41
"Does anyone know for certain why Kenny left? No. He chose to fly to the U.S. to talk to the owners, which I've always found interesting and suggestive. -And I've never called for his resignation!"
dhliverpoolhk
23rd Apr 2013 12:41
"there u go-redcrusader! u r so right n we need to support them.1st yr for BR and only got a very limited amount to spend compare to KD.go get Erik & Toby.Lescott,Alonso,Honda and maybe Alex Sanches. 3S up front!Sell skrtel,AC,Spearing,Pacheco.I would sell Lucas to raise up the fund as well to get Alonso back.We really need a world class mid-fielder. "
Ronny-G
23rd Apr 2013 14:50
"What evidence are all these legitimate LFC legends looking at exactly? Fowler, Gerrard, Molby, Ian Rush, and all the true LFC stars are talking to fans as if we're blind and deaf. No progress has been made since Roy Hodgson got a job he wasn't good enough for. I hope BR sorts it out next season, but he hasn't progressed anything yet!"
classANDsuccess
23rd Apr 2013 15:03
"Ronny G- 3rd in terms of possession in the PL, 5th for accuracy of passing and the most shots per game, whereas last season we weren't in the top 6 for any of those. .whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/2935"
JDevlinDRed
23rd Apr 2013 17:22
"It's clearly evident!"
Ronny-G
23rd Apr 2013 19:37
"Oh whoop dee doo classANDsuccess...! 3rd in possession. It's real fun watching the team passing he ball around in their own half isn't it? Fact is they failed in 3 cups and won't even qualify for Europa this season. At LFC that is called FAILURE! Possession football is about having the ball in the opposition half threatening their goal. "
Ronny-G
23rd Apr 2013 19:37
"This season has seen 'smaller' teams out pass Liverpool on a number of occasions. The team also leaks goals at set pieces, many of which are silly free kicks to begin with. Now I am saying BR should have until next December, we need to tell it like it is - progress has NOT been made since the club brought in Hodgson. That's just a fact! "
Ronny-G
23rd Apr 2013 19:38
"Fans used to moan about Rafa's only bad season in which he got to a European semi-final and 5th. Still better than the managers that followed! And he had to deal with the worst owners in football history! For me patience needs to be given to the club itself in dealing with the mess those jokers left. But we need to be honest about the team's so called progress."