Comments

Let see how some fans react to these pragmatic assertions. The man is the genuine article and its a marvel that he never looks daunted by what is an enormous task. To impress our hard-nosed owners you have to be made of fine stuff and its easy to now see why they went for him. Initially I was shocked but it all makes sense. Given time this guy will deliver...
Buddha130651
19th Apr 2013 16:00
liverpoollover1
19th Apr 2013 16:02
"Well said Rogers, we are right behind you. Please get Erikson, Diame and Alonso for free. Get a winger and two good center halves, sell the dead woods. Have a good day."
Thanks2Shanks
19th Apr 2013 16:18
"Ok Brendan I for one will get off your back for the next 20 competetive games but you must also understand our concernes, we are used to see some tactical and managerial quality as well, you are following in HUGE footsteps our former managers were in no small way great men. Good luck. YNWA."
violet09
19th Apr 2013 16:31
"I just wish some fans would get off Rodgers back, and give him a chance. Yes we all want success, but have to be patient, it won't happen all at once. Let's see how next season pans out I'm sure we will make progress"
karimessex81
19th Apr 2013 16:32
"1-1 on Sunday, Torres to break his hoodoo against us and Suarez for us."
19th Apr 2013 16:42
"I have so much faith in this man, and I have not spoken to a Liverpool fan yet who does not think he is doing a great job. SO I am so glad the naysayers on here are just a few disgruntled cranks venting preposterous views against a main pouring his heart and soul into this club. YNWA"
Gerrard o ya beauty
19th Apr 2013 16:55
"Anyone who has enjoyed this season needs to have a word with them self it has been awful, no consistency, united doing the double on us and also west brom which is embarrassing, no decent cup runs it has been hell for me. next season is massive for LFCs future we must get the right players in and there cant be anymore excuses, we will see if BR is the right man. YNWA"
TOMOKOP84
19th Apr 2013 17:00
"I truly believe BR is destined for greatness. Our football is as good as anyone in the EPL and great to watch. With a few new quality additions we could soon be a real force which is backed up by a flourishing youth system. Christian Eriksen would take us to a new level"
MATC9482
19th Apr 2013 17:00
"To anyone going to the game: If we're winning at any point in the game please, please, PLEASE start singing "Rafa, Rafael, Rafa, Rafael, Rafa, Rafael, Rafael Benitez..." Would be HILARIOUS!!!"
Buddha130651
19th Apr 2013 17:02
"Gerrard o ya beauty, we have gone on a great run in the last 10 games - have you noticed this? So how can you talk about consistency??? We are on the march, so sir, join the positive bandwagon. "
yazangs.
19th Apr 2013 17:19
"'I hope that in my time here (3 years) we can go very close'. He is not sure that he can deliver but some fan are! You are not speaking about Reading team with all due respect to them, our team has 7 players were qualifying to CL every year and if you add Suarez and Coutinho to them, you will found out that this world-class FC will qualify to the CL every year with a world-class manager."
WhelanR
19th Apr 2013 17:44
"Sorry my take from this article is that BR is hoping that in his 3 years at LFC he can go v close to or get us into top 4. Scary stuff that! Also he claims that 'without the lightning bolt of investment' its going to be difficult. Well you have spent £50m already with another £25+m in summer. Is that not investment? KK got sacked after not deliving top 4 in his first year! Yikes"
GT-LFC
19th Apr 2013 17:45
"drawn 4 and lost 2 in the last 10 League matches,I will leave others to work out the wins,fantastic. Although I expect BR to turn things around next season,this season has been diabolical."
WhelanR
19th Apr 2013 17:46
"I genuinely cant see why this current squad cant get top 4 even without summer signings. Bring AC back, give Skertel a kick up the a&se and get the wing backs defending!!"
19th Apr 2013 17:55
"KKs sacking had nothing to do with not getting into the top 4.... why are people still going on about him getting himself sacked is beyond me... BR has spent £43 million so far not £50 Million and with that Bought 4 young talent players who will only increase in value, and 2 DS and courtinho who will triple in value, now that is great business.. "
WhelanR
19th Apr 2013 17:55
"Buddha, we havent been on a great run as you put it over the past ten games. We have taken 14 out of a possible 30 points..gerrard o ya beauty hasnt noticed this 'great' run because it doesnt fu&kng exist!!"
19th Apr 2013 17:57
"betting than spending £75 million plus like last season and virtually losing all of it to players losing value, SD, AC, Hendo to name a few, Thank God for Roy Hodgson putting the Saurez deal in place and to Rafas recruitment of top players the many season before."
19th Apr 2013 17:58
"so far for the second half of the season, we would be in the top 4.....thank you BR for the Clear Progress."
rotchie
19th Apr 2013 17:59
"we are doing things the way we used to in the past when we were great, building a team with a few stars and making the rest from with in,it worked so well for us for years in the past that purple nose and manure have copied it and proved it works, but it doesn't work over one season, YNWA Brendan."
19th Apr 2013 18:00
"I have to be fair to Hendo, he is showing a little promise, but still not first team material yet, KK may have found a rough gem but paid the price of a cut diamond to get him. But next season he will be loaned out or be on the bench alot when we get our new recruits."
19th Apr 2013 18:01
"We were better off when Moores owned us. "
19th Apr 2013 18:02
"to rotchie, Great comment, and obviosuly a man who can see what is really happening and that is progress, slow deliberate progress. I am glad we have some true fans on here."
19th Apr 2013 18:08
"The good thing about this season is it will be over soon..although it really ended in January. 3 more seasons of this as well. "
WhelanR
19th Apr 2013 18:10
"The light of the loan war - BR has spent 47m to be precise! Also KK win percentage at LFC since he came back is 49%, Rodgers is 44%. Also ur comments on Hendo are rubbish. He has proved far better player than Allen. Do you think we would get 25m for Borini and Allen now? More like 10m at a push...a bit of honestly please"
19th Apr 2013 18:12
"Lets hope the new recruits are better than Allen, Borini, Assaidi and lately Sturridge. Lets also hope any players we lend don't quit and slate Bodgers in the press. "
RyanJ-LFC
19th Apr 2013 18:12
"I haven't thought once this season about sacking him. I know he's good enough. You can see what he's doing. You can't take where we're at now and expect a premier league next. He needs time and backing. He is scouting some really good young players at very good prices. He'll need another full season before top 4 maybe"
WhelanR
19th Apr 2013 18:14
"Clear progress this season? Are people gone mad?? We have 50 points after 33 games, no silverware and staring 7th in the face. This is far worse than last year "
Kingston Jah Red
19th Apr 2013 18:16
"same couple of people on here as usual claiming to decide who are and aren't true fans and what we are allowed to think. Then belittling anyone who disagrees.. And surprise surprise, the ones who are 'true fans' are the ones who agree with them... Give it a rest guys, it's obnoxious."
Gerrard o ya beauty
19th Apr 2013 18:18
"Buddha- I think it's been better after new year but the season as a whole has been very dissapointing, and I mention consistency because there hasn't been any all season."
19th Apr 2013 18:22
"Every interview is a lowering of expectations. Top 4 is now an aspiration. Last year it was a target.This notion Bodgers is doing any management is a nonsense. He is a mouthpiece. The decisions are being made by operations researchers."
Gerrard o ya beauty
19th Apr 2013 18:26
"Just looked at the last 10 games and that's why I talk about consistency, also some very poor results aswel."
19th Apr 2013 18:26
"to whelanR, I am not questioning the stats, however, The stats are inflated for the first six month he took over, check his stats for last season and Rodgers are better! Also Allen and Borini still have a lot to prove, and Hendo has been OK which I have stated, but we paid way way to much for him, Allen dominated games early in the season and will again and we paid a lot for him."
19th Apr 2013 18:26
" Hendo has had a couple of good and games and is proving consistent, but is not the answer, Next season I dont expect to see him in the first team, but if I am wrong its means he stepped up again and that can only be good for the club. time will tell for them both."
19th Apr 2013 18:28
"I also agree with many of you, we have not been consistent, but it will get better and we are playing great football. Players determine how you can play, and so far we dont have the players to fully implement Rodgers style which he is willing to adapt to succeed, So a few more quality additions and next season will be awesome."
Lfcamms
19th Apr 2013 18:29
"Been a disappointing season lets hope BR gets his signings right this coming window and take us into top 4 next season, I think by Xmas we'll have a good idea where we are at. "
WhelanR
19th Apr 2013 18:29
"..and wait for it..in December Rodgers told his players to not only aim to get top 4 but that top 2 was achievable!! Now he says that he may not achieve top 4 after his 3 year term!! Whats going on i wonder"
19th Apr 2013 18:29
"Ayre last season: "If you don't believe the results are right and feel 37 points off the champions and 17 points off Champions League pace is a long distance you have to make a change. "You believe you have to improve that part because without it things begin to fall away"...falling away they are and fast. "
WhelanR
19th Apr 2013 18:33
"Buddha, at last i agree with you. I like every other fan wish Rodgers well but we have a right to question what hes doing. The key for me is our defence, its not good enough. If we can get in a Sammi type player and tighten up our rb and lb play we have a chance as our attack is good generally although i would like to see AC back"
JDevlinDRed
19th Apr 2013 18:36
"Brick by brick - it's getting there."
19th Apr 2013 18:37
"A true fan (to me) is not one who agrees with the masses or who agrees with me, its a fan who rationally supports the bests interests of the club, and is willing to debate with an openness and without hate or vulgarity (swearing) and is respectful to all users of this forum."
19th Apr 2013 18:39
"to WhelanR, It was Andy C who asked for a move to get first team football, and he could be a plan B, but he does not want to sit on the bench so he may not want to come back?"
19th Apr 2013 18:43
"Set a target next season Brendan...A cup?...two cups?..top 6?..top 10? Staying in prem? "
belfastwill
19th Apr 2013 18:44
"One paragraph in and I was very disappointed. Hopefully arrive in the top four within his time here. Well if top four is all he is aiming for I would rather employ a manager who can make us champions again. Top four and champions league is a consolation prize LFC were champions in england , I am one supporter who wants us to be champions of england again soon."
WhelanR
19th Apr 2013 18:46
"The light of the lone war - I thought big andy wanted to stay at LFC but was loaned out by BR. He is on record as saying he didnt get a chance at LFC and i would agree with that. Imagine having AC centre forward with Sturridge and Suarez playing off him? You would have an aeriel and ground attack!!"
DontlistentoMr13
19th Apr 2013 18:50
""the Reds must aim for victories in each of their five remaining fixtures" Thanks for stating the obvious, that was one sentence that could have been channelled into energy to kick the team up the ar$e that you will never get back. "
GT-LFC
19th Apr 2013 18:50
"lonewar- comment 1837,totally agree but You need to take heed of your own advice."
Kingston Jah Red
19th Apr 2013 19:33
"belfastwill: BR can't say 'I'll to win the league' because he's never won anything. He'd be laughed at. Problem is, as fans, we've won it all, but those times are long gone. BR can't deliver the league. FSG know that, we know that. His tactics nice to watch but not pragmatic, which comes with experience. I like BR, but he's a mid table manager."
redrob2005
19th Apr 2013 19:37
"in buck I trust !!! YNWA"
19th Apr 2013 19:39
"to GT LFC, my Lonewar Tag has been copied on here by many trolls, But I do get where you are coming from."
barometer1955
19th Apr 2013 19:44
"RODGERS HAS BOUGHT MEDIOCRE PLAYERS OONLY. YOU HAVE TO BUY QUALITY PLAYERS IN ORDER TO BE IN THE TOP TWO. PLAYERS LIKE ALLEN AND BORINI ARE NOT A CLASS ACT FOR LFC."
yazangs.
19th Apr 2013 19:45
"The light - Is it a real fan (for you) who wants LFC to lose?"
Buddha130651
19th Apr 2013 19:48
"WheelanR, calm down sir, you'll give yourself a hernia. In the 10 games we have lost only 2 games which is a level of consistency, is it not? You breaking it down to wins and draws is not only petty but missing the point. Lonewar makes a brilliant point - as always, about us displaying top 4 form this year and BR record being much better than KK at the same stage last season. "
yazangs.
19th Apr 2013 19:48
"WhelanR 18:29 - Exactly. Sometimes Bodgers forgets which BS he told us before. As they said, you don't need to have a strong memory when you are telling the truth."
Buddha130651
19th Apr 2013 19:58
"Its amazing that even a sustained run is attacked by the naysayers. BR will not be able to please these folks so there is no point trying to reason with them. Its important that this good run which has come at the crucial part of the season is maintained - so we can start the new one with confidence. "
Scooterboy
19th Apr 2013 19:58
"BR, always able to talk the talk.....No doubt you need the entirety of your contract to show your proper worth/ability with my heritage, not just the last drawn 4, lost 2 out of ten. Been a awful season but with some great rays of hope... I'm not convinced, as nice as you are and as much as I want to be. Prove me wrong fella..please"
classANDsuccess
19th Apr 2013 20:05
"news in from mushroom- The fact we've scored more goals already than all but 3 out of the last 9 seasons (6 out of 13!) means we're going down hill! Ignore the facts that we're dominating most games in possession, which suggests we ARE building and growing and just say 'we've drawn-rubbish. Rodgers out because that'll bring good managers running to us!' Short-term only: it's the way forward."
19th Apr 2013 20:07
""I've signed here for three years and I would hope that from the first day I came in until the final day I leave that we'll be in a better position," More BS from BR. From the first day to now it is worse than last season. Words and spin. You can set your watch to this story it is reprinted so much."
19th Apr 2013 20:10
"to yazangs, why would Iwant our great club to lose...I just more respect shown for forum users, for BR, FSG. "
19th Apr 2013 20:11
"classANDsuccess 19th Apr 2013 20:05..of course one has to factor in that we were competing in two cup competitions right through to the finals and had Saurez out for 8 games and had a racism debacle to contend with. With a name like "classANDsuccess" I would have thought these considerations had not escaped your desperate search for progression."
19th Apr 2013 20:15
"Who is calling for BR;s sack? What people are generally calling for is less BS. More truth. "we are were we are". Which is saddled with a mid table manager, cheap players, no stadium and owners milking the club like a cash cow. All the time charging fans more for much less."
yazangs.
19th Apr 2013 20:17
"Lonewar- I don't know, you didn't mention why when you admitted that you wanted LFC to lose his games last season."
19th Apr 2013 20:19
"stats prove we are having a better season than last year so far... and without a doubt the football is much much better, A distinct classy style of player, all pundits say we are going to be a great team next year and Rodgers is doing a great Job turning the club around."
yazangs.
19th Apr 2013 20:21
"classANDsuccess 20:05 - Also only 3 season in the last 17 years we have conceded more goals, and if we conced 2 goals in our last 5 games then it will be second worst defense record for the club in the last 17 years."
19th Apr 2013 20:22
"I have never wanted LFC lose and although I disagreed with the Team Management last term I completely supported KK on game day, and always would give credit when due to KK, players or whoever deserved it. I was hoping with all of my heart KK would stop being so stubborn and turn things around before it was too late for him, but for his sake and the clubs he had to go."
19th Apr 2013 20:24
"Stats are stats...open to interpretation. Possesion being a prime example. Table positions and cup tallies are absolute. Beyond argument. Beyond interpretation.All that matters. The true source of pride and success. "
19th Apr 2013 20:31
"I common theme we can all see is our defence needs tightening for next season, whether that is with a new centre half, or a more dominant player sitting in front of the back two, the system change has needed adjustment time, but again things have tightened up as the season has progressed."
19th Apr 2013 20:32
"Last season we ended with Europa qualification,a cup, finished above bitters in league and knocked them out of FA cup at Wembley. This season we will very probably finish with NOTHING and will be below bitters by a long margin. And people talk of progress. Utterly unhomable. Embarrassing even."
19th Apr 2013 20:34
"This club should never give priority to cups over the league, if you win a cup on the journey of a season great, but the priority should always be the league, last season so much focus was given to the Cups is cost us, I wish and prayed KK would give the league priority for his sake, but he played weakened teams in the league to glory hunt."
19th Apr 2013 20:36
"I understand he wanted to bring some glory back, but that was not his remit, the club gave the biggest transfer budget in our history to get us in the top four, and the gamble failed as the priority went to the cups, and that decision cost this club dearly."
19th Apr 2013 20:37
"This season the priority had to be the league because we were knocked out of the cups early and in a humiliating championship club style. Same with Europa. And our present league position is far from great despite having no distractions."
19th Apr 2013 20:38
"but this debate always comes up, KK This, Br that, FSG This FSG that... We all need to pull together and get behind the current plan and enjoy the ride, we are making progress and we are moving forward, and FSG and fine custodians who saved this club. "
19th Apr 2013 20:40
"If an owner can't afford to take a knock on a transfer budget, then an owner cant afford to run a premiership club and compete.Buying players is speculative and risky. Look at Allen and Borini. 26m wasted."
19th Apr 2013 20:41
"The remit for BR this season, was repair, consolidate and plan for the future. He has done that and is put the foundations in place for the future. Well done Br and thank you for being a man with a vision of how to make this club great again. Next season you will silence the Naysayers."
19th Apr 2013 20:46
"The profit margins certainly look healthy next season. But as the top clubs invest more and attract and buy the elite players, we will fall behind further and prove the adage that squad value and league position correlate. A few 7-10m players bought over summer will see us cemented as a mid table club with global exposure and massive profits, This is the real BR/FSG project. "
19th Apr 2013 20:55
"I trust Rodgers and FSG to buy right and not waste cash over the summer, Roll on next season. Clubs will buy players it does not necessarily mean it will make them better as a team. Its always about buying right, Michu is a prime example...."
19th Apr 2013 20:59
"all of our younger players will have matured another year with the opportunity BR has given, so one of those starlets may be a surprise for us. And you should never worry about who the opposition buys, just be supportive and excited about who we buy, we control our destiny."
19th Apr 2013 21:00
"As stated,buying players is risky, a risk that is lowered, but not eliminated,by buying players proven to be the best.The correlation between squad value and league position is established and proven. "
19th Apr 2013 21:06
"FSG will definitely not waste any cash. Because they wont spend any. It's called "rebuilding""
yazangs.
19th Apr 2013 21:08
"An example of BR BS: he keep telling us that if you have more possession then you would have a 79% chance to win the game. We played 49 compeive game, have more possession in 38 of them and won just 22 games which is an 45% and not 79%. BTW our highest possession was against Villa at home 74% (1-3) and the lowest was against Wigan at home 34% (4-0). All his theory is BS. "
lpdcollier
19th Apr 2013 21:18
"The first paragraph says it all. moulding Liverpool into a team that will be able to compete for a top 4 place in seasons to come. So basically he is saying we may not be competing next or the season after that,but one day. Cont "
yazangs.
19th Apr 2013 21:18
"And now he wants us to give him 2 more years 'so we can go very close'. I would advise FSG to extent his contract for another 2 years so after 5 years we can go very, very close. "
lpdcollier
19th Apr 2013 21:19
"The players which are at his disposal are good enough to compete for top 4, so what a poor excuse. He should be telling us fans that top 4 is our goal now not in a few seasons time. "
lpdcollier
19th Apr 2013 21:23
"Lonewar 16:42 - You obviously do not go to games. Because if you did, you would realise that there are not just a few disgruntled fans at the games. Facts straight please next time you post "
LFC4JC
19th Apr 2013 21:26
"Quote "Being out of Europe could be a blessing" LFC manager April 2013.BR IS WAY OUT OF HIS DEPTH.We need a top Euro manager before it is too late.All this talk of "hope" and blind faith in "a work in progress".ITS GONE ON TOO LONG"
yazangs.
19th Apr 2013 21:36
"The dangerous of keeping BR is that when we are so close- as he hopes after 2 years- we won't have neither Gerrard nor Suarez, then we would be firmly settled in the mid table for a long time."
LFC4JC
19th Apr 2013 21:42
"NOTHING THIS SEASON,ZERO,ZILCH.How many Internationals have we got on our books.KK got us silverware with equal assets."
fiko13
19th Apr 2013 22:12
"the king of bla bla bla all season he is talking the talk but never walking the walk. last year we were in 2 finals and europe this year nothing and we r 6 points better. progress is not absolute its relative and in relative to other teams there is no progress in liverpool the table is clear "
fiko13
19th Apr 2013 22:22
andyp2609
19th Apr 2013 22:42
"Well said Buddha130651. I think he talks a good game; he's very knowledgeable about the way the opposition play and seems to have gotten the best out of the players this season (for the most part). Big game = big result for us (I hope)..."
xxrussx
19th Apr 2013 22:45
"I cant see any progress. Teams know they need only stop Suarez to win the game, We are too lightweight up front and in midfield. Pretty little passes but no end product. New players will need time to settle and get injured. God I am fed up with all the Bllsht!!! "
papabobo
19th Apr 2013 22:58
"we have had our ups and down these past few seasons. To me, this current season has been pains and misery. BR is adding to this misery with the assertion that we should not expect anything better in the coming 2 seasons. It is really sad, sad. "
mrfay
20th Apr 2013 4:44
"This is our club,so anybody spouting comments about let's do this or let's do that just listen to the great man himself:- if you can't support us when we draw or lose then don't support us when we win"
tigereyes74
20th Apr 2013 6:11
"one personal request BR, please play a winning team and DO NOT CHANGE A WINNING TEAM. THANKS."
20th Apr 2013 8:53
"A true fan would never seek to denigrate,tarnish or disrespect a legend like Kenny Dalglish. If this needs explanation, then perhaps you are not the supporter you think you are. To put FSG before KK is inexcusable. "
Ol' Roy
20th Apr 2013 13:17
"Generally speaking, managers are as good as their signings. KK spent a fortune but did worse than Hodgson's team. BR continues to play Hendo and Downing (who are championship material at best), took a gamble on a complete noob like Borini, brought in Sturridge in spite of knowing that he isn't a good team player. Top 4 will have to wait for how many more years only heavens knows."
classANDsuccess
20th Apr 2013 15:51
"It depends upon your view- do you prefer a 1-0 win against the run of play with a goal deflecting off Suarez's knee or to dominate a team, have possession (which apparently is just a stat and pointless to refer to the quality of the team play!)and be unlucky to draw 0-0? While a win is a win (even the attacked thrashing of swansea-Hypocrites) "
classANDsuccess
20th Apr 2013 15:52
"I think looking to the long-term, as I think real fans did when Rafa took over-ignore the FA cup embrassment and go on to win the CL-playing well is the basis for constructing a team,even more than points in the overall view."
classANDsuccess
20th Apr 2013 15:55
"yazangs- celtic v barca, which team would you prefer to be? By the way the stupid, ignorant idea that supporting LFC's manager is therefore automatically and without debate blindly supporting FSG sums up a lot of the 'negs' or 'ABFSG's' who are dividing LFC on these pages."
Nickofella
20th Apr 2013 16:34
"Hey mushroomhead, your team are currently losing to Sunderland. "
Omobalogun
21st Apr 2013 18:25
"Building and moulding a team is good to hear rather than all those blah blah blah on ESPN YNWA"