Comments

Why not change it up a bit this weekend and employ a 3-5-2 with downing and johnson as wingbacks - no matter what, love ya lfc....
Kingmat
11th Apr 2013 8:54
Salahudeen786
11th Apr 2013 9:04
"You're a part of Rodgers' long term plans??? does he want to get into the top 4 next season?!"
YOUR-HIGHNESS
11th Apr 2013 9:14
"If the team is to progress you'll need to be on the bench, a lot of en devour, not enough productivity "
Centrecircle1000
11th Apr 2013 9:42
"Long term plans? REALLY? Hmmmm "
frankcharlestob
11th Apr 2013 10:02
"WE SHOULD SELL ANDY CARROL,SPEARING,PACHECO,COATES,WILSON AND RAISE MONEY TO ADD TO THE ONE MADE AVAILABLE FOR ROGERS,SO WE CAN GET THIS PLAYERS FOR TOP 4.DEDE,DIAME,ERIKSON AND B.YILMAZ.WITH THE FOUR PLAYERS WE ARE GUARANTEE TOP 4.YNWA"
Gerrard o ya beauty
11th Apr 2013 10:23
"Your a good squad player Stewart but for me we need more goals from your position if we want to move up the table. YNWA"
Cozen_
11th Apr 2013 10:27
"Its funny when just Downing talks bs. only downing speaks, bs bs bs. express yourself by playing not talking MOF"
osebasa
11th Apr 2013 10:37
"If Downing keps improving it will mean that his selling price will increase.You are definetely for sale.What future plan does BR talks about while he himself is not the type of manager wanted to be be big.You two can meet at Borough."
11th Apr 2013 10:43
"Good Atude Stew, its great management by BR creating competition for places but also being man enough to change his mind on a player who was not in his plans. Fantastic, they future looks very very bright."
Cozen_
11th Apr 2013 10:51
"TheLight - Type of fans like you, are very very likely to be deluded. Sorry."
Buddha130653
11th Apr 2013 10:57
"We have another player who states the obvious. We are assembling a great team and are only 3 players away from greatness. When you look at the bench and see Suso, Wisdom, Sterling and Jonjo and with Kelly to come back, surely even an idiot can see an awesome team in the making. We have kids the envy of the premiership. "
11th Apr 2013 11:04
"hey Cozen, you are welcome to your opinion, but all I have stated is fact? so how can I be deluded....?"
11th Apr 2013 11:15
"agree with you KingMata, you are wise, playing Stew Downing as left wing back would invigorate his career as that is the only position in which he can perform on top, furthermore playing 5 in the middle would be of huge support to Danny, Luis and Philippe, love ya LFC... "
11th Apr 2013 11:24
"to Kingmat, the width would then have to be created by the wing backs, if they are pushed back we lose our shape and style of play, the all ready play as wing backs anyway and I prefer Enrique running from that position."
Rushjob_
11th Apr 2013 11:39
"Another Kennny super signing. Kenny knew.... :)"
LongliveXabi
11th Apr 2013 11:59
"Keep up the good work Downing, always believed in you! Just needs to keep up the good work to ensure you still prove these doubters wrong!"
Billy B girl
11th Apr 2013 12:17
"I wouldn't worry Stew there will be a big change soon BR must go - his statement yesterday on not wanting to qualify for European football is a disgrace! can you imagine Shanks, Paisley or Rafa making that kind of statement for Liverpool Football Club???? "
Billy B girl
11th Apr 2013 12:19
"FSG were thinking of bringing Rafa back last November so check out .thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/09/04/fenway-sports-group-had-rough-week-with-simultaneous-red-sox-and-liverpool-collapses/"
ani-road mk2
11th Apr 2013 12:32
"Billy B girl- Not saying I would or wouldn't want Rafa back but I can see him returning to the club. Providing the owners (who have no idea of sacca) don't like Rafa as he stands up for himself unlike Brendan 'doormat' Rodgers "
LDW10
11th Apr 2013 12:34
"Well Done with your change in fortune on the pitch. However, as much as you've done well to revive your LFC career..I still think we can buy better players in your position."
11th Apr 2013 12:42
"You can see stewie is clearly stating he has found form because of the way BR has managing and coaching him, and by playing young Henderson in a more natural position he is also gaining confidence, they both are still not good enough for the club, but at least BR has made them step up a level, maybe Hendo needs to be loaned like shelvey was."
Hanomac
11th Apr 2013 12:43
"downings been ok this season,but if you play 4-3-3 the front 3 must score goals and that's what downing doesn't do enough of.If we had a 10 mil offer in the summer I would take it.As for raffa I would have him back in a heart beat,the only reason he had a bad last year was cus Torres was sulking!fact"
11th Apr 2013 12:46
"to gain more experience then we can work out what type of player he is and see if he is good enough for the squad in the future. I would be surprised if Downing was here next season, still no end product, he flatters to deceive, they must be better alternatives out there we can buy for out great club, I would play suso instead personally"
11th Apr 2013 12:48
"to Hanomac, great comment and so true about downing, as for Rafa, I am not so sure, give rodgers another season to see if progress is being made if not, then I hope you get your wish about Rafa, but I think Rodgers will be here for a long time."
Billy B girl
11th Apr 2013 12:57
"ani-road mk2 exactly as you say 'doormat' rodgers! I am concerned FSG haven't come forward but thinking on it probably after the Chelski game at Anfield ??? I fear with BR for the future of LFC and like all of us we only want the best for our club!"
Hanomac
11th Apr 2013 12:59
"Rafa is one of the best tactical coaches in Europe and has a plan B,he always out planned mourinho and not many coaches can say that.We will see what happens."
Salahudeen786
11th Apr 2013 12:59
"Buddha: 3 players from greatness?? really? i only see world class in Suarez. you make it sound so easy. if we buy the right 3 players in the summer we're going to win the league next season? come on now. "
Billy B girl
11th Apr 2013 12:59
"Lots of people want/wanted Xavi back but with Rafa he knows where the next Xavi, Masch etc are and that's his pulling power to our club. He bought Coutinho from Brazil to Inter and identified Suarez 18 months before he came to Anfield!"
jodey
11th Apr 2013 13:03
"I read that BR said that missing out on Europa is a blessing? how come. BR supporters please explain it."
ani-road mk2
11th Apr 2013 13:06
"Jees. I hope the Spanish newspapers rumours of Falcao going to Manure are not true. Whilst a few LFC fans talk about our apparent exciting future with un-proven youngsters. United, Spurs, Chelsea, City and so on just get stronger. Money talks and we have been fed cr-ap of how we are poor despite massive corporate deals and us being the 9th richest club in the world. How the mighty have fallen "
ani-road mk2
11th Apr 2013 13:11
"Billy B girl- If I am honest with Rafa. I do agree with you that he knows how to pull a rabbit out of a hat and identify virtual un-known top players. Just have concerns about his last season with us. But as you say, Torres and his hissy fits I bet didn't help. Rafa is a proven winner though whereas Rodgers??????"
Hanomac
11th Apr 2013 13:11
"Fsg will never spend over 20mil on a player again,they were stung with the downing and Carroll deals.major changes needed in the summer or this season will be repeated next year!owners or manager or both I don't know."
Hanomac
11th Apr 2013 13:16
"The only reason rafa wasn't given the job in the summer was cus the owners didn't want too look backwards.however I would rather get a manager from the past and win games,than look to the future and lose games!"
11th Apr 2013 13:41
"I think we all have to admit, Rafa is a great plan B, and as most fans admit we got stung financially with Carrol, Downing, Hendo and adam, a big learning curve for FSG and an expensive one, but as we call see in the last transfer window, the money we spent on DS and Courtihno has been expceptionally well spent, so the summer transfers should be exciting..."
11th Apr 2013 13:44
"we still have not seen value for money from allen or borini yet, so allen has to hit form again and I am sure he can, and Borini really has to start getting a few goals. His movement is excellent but he needs to finish."
Matt1966
11th Apr 2013 13:49
"Personally I like him, but i thought our long term targets where english and european dominance, I wish downing was good enough but I don't think he's at that level. I think we all know as well as he does that next season if he's still here he'll be planted on the bench as its the only attacking position rodgers has yet to change baring in mind we have strong links with inch / ben arfa. "
Matt1966
11th Apr 2013 13:55
""TheLight" I agree that some money has been spent well. See I've liked sturridge, but one move he did ruined it for me straight away which demonstrated he wasn't a liverpool player. And that was when he lost it and just couldn't be bothered to run and get it. The kop went mental, I still think he won't be a success but hopefully he is. We need to bare in mind alonso was 10million."
EcoRed
11th Apr 2013 13:57
"Complete rubbish. There is no genuine challengers for first team places. BR has bought skinny light-weight players who might have 1 good game in 5. Our first eleven needed strengthening but BR has a dreamers philosophy of signing 'potential' who may never produce the goods. Amateurish rookie."
Matt1966
11th Apr 2013 13:58
"Alonso - 10 million Mascherano - 15 million ___________________________ Allen - 15 million Borini - 13 million We also have to think why would FSG give us more money when they've seen going cheapo works?"
Matt1966
11th Apr 2013 14:01
"Ecoread you do know torres, alonso, masherano, luis garcia were only "potiential" when they came to liverpool, we got them even cheaper than what BR is signing his players for? Liverpool have no EVER went out and spent money on proven top players... well we did that once? oh it got us downing, adam... great."
Hanomac
11th Apr 2013 14:12
"If rafa had the money kenny and Rodgers were given we would already be challenging for the le.The only manager to have the balls to speak out against ferguson,the guys class.most of our best players to this day are rafa signings and our best youngsters sterling and suso!"
11th Apr 2013 14:17
"borini cost 8 Million?? get you facts right and is very highly rated in Italy, he may come good, £15 million for allen does seem a lot, so he has a lot to prove in his first 3 months he was one of our best players, so who knows how good he could be, This is the most compeive squad we have had for a long time. YNWA"
11th Apr 2013 14:20
"add some solidity in the summer, and we will be rocking under Rodgers next season, you can tell he is such an experienced coach, the man has been coaching for 18 years and we are lucky to have him guiding us."
Rushjob_
11th Apr 2013 14:21
"Billy B Girl 1217- Its all part of the 'systematic lowering' of expectations. 'We didnt want to win it anyway' translating to 'we knew we weren't good enough to win it' type thing. BR dishes bullets out everytime he speaks. He'll not last til xmas if we have an ordinary start next season."
Rushjob_
11th Apr 2013 14:22
"THELIGHT- Why the change from LONEWAR pal?"
ani-road mk2
11th Apr 2013 14:26
"Rushjob... Haha. You know what, when I saw this Light character turn up on these pages praising Buddha (saying there should be more fans like him), making bold predictions and so on, I smelt a rat. Yeah, Lonewar maan... "
cordoso
11th Apr 2013 14:30
"well done sd never understood why br planed to sell anyway. It was either a ruse to get the best out of certain players or inept management. The second half of the season with br bringing back sd and hendo has been much improved."
11th Apr 2013 14:32
"rushjob?? Lonewar?? what are you blithering on about?? "
11th Apr 2013 14:40
"FOA ani-road, I have praised many people on here including yourself, it does not cost anything to be nice... "
11th Apr 2013 14:42
"we have too many fans harking on about the past and not looking to the very bright future that is being built. Past mistakes have been made and slowly being rectified. we all need to have a genuine acceptance of peoples opinions and debate issues like adults!"
cordoso
11th Apr 2013 14:47
"br made a lot of mistakes earlier in the season, playing too many young players and not getting that first transfer window right. Since the start of the year he has improved a lot although he is still prone to the odd howler there is hope for him. "
ani-road mk2
11th Apr 2013 14:48
"TheLight- oh we do debate like adults and respect opinions. Just the odd wind up merchant who come on these pages with the soul intention to wind up the rest of the fans. Basically disagree with the majority and bellitle them in the process. Sadly some people are bored and just crave confrontation... But the worst out of me at times as I want to debate with genuine people..."
ani-road mk2
11th Apr 2013 14:53
"Back to footy. I feel against Reading we will have a strong attacking side out. I predict a win, an easy one. But I have thought the same agaisnt Southampton, Villa and although we won eventually West Ham. But i'm going for 3-0 to LFC of course :)"
cordoso
11th Apr 2013 14:56
"rafa to come back, you have to be kidding. he was the manager the whole of the h&g era. Don't remember him walking out in disgust or standing up to the owners.Br is the liverpool manager and rafa can stay where he is at least we will be able to catch chelsea next season. "
Rushjob_
11th Apr 2013 14:58
"The Light- Your posts echo a poster from time to time thats all. An 'uncanny resemblence'. "
Hanomac
11th Apr 2013 15:01
"Suarez hat trick the weekend,I think we will score 3-4 goals but of course it depends which team turns up.lets get behind the boys till the end of the season and see where we finish.for the record I think Rodgers Is a good coach,maybe he could be rafa s number two.only joking come on u reds!"
Rushjob_
11th Apr 2013 15:02
"We need a convincing 3 points v Reading to replace the growing doubts of late with renewed hope again. Come on you Redmen. And for tomoz evening v Chelsea in the youth cup."
Hanomac
11th Apr 2013 15:06
"Cordoso!of course every manager up and down the country tells their owners what to do don't they?what did u want rafa to do?walk out the club?how would that help things!"
11th Apr 2013 15:34
"ok I see, so far I have not seen anyone being off with anyone, just very strong opinions leaning one way or the other. I am sure none of it is personal, I think everyone should just be a little more accepting and respectful. "
11th Apr 2013 15:37
"to rushjob, we do need a convincing performance against reading, and need to really make a statement in our last few games to give us all more optimism for next season. if we get the europa place great, but as long as we finish above the blues then I will be happy!"
cordoso
11th Apr 2013 15:43
"hanomac, am not wanting to have a go at rafa, he is one of the best managers around. for me he was not able to control h&g no more than br can boss fsg. He was also in charge for six seasons and did not win a league le and that is the past we must look forward either with br or someone knew."
jimusan
11th Apr 2013 15:43
"Yet you play terribly and don't get taken off."
Rushjob_
11th Apr 2013 15:45
"The light, not wanting to cause a rumble on here (and said with respect for your personal opinion) but your statement about finishing above the blues, for me, is all that is currently wrong with LFC am afraid, and could be deemed to be worryingly indicative of how the 'lessening of expectations' is actually proving to be a success?"
Centrecircle1000
11th Apr 2013 16:19
"Rafa had 6years at the helm Come on lads hes not the answer"
Rushjob_
11th Apr 2013 16:19
"The light- In fact, Ill take that last comment back. If thats what makes you happy with this season, who am I to say otherwise."
L-MAN07
11th Apr 2013 16:27
"I expect nothing less than for us to wipe the floor with Reading. If this is not a convincing 3 points then this so called progress will be looking decidely shabby!"
kopak47
11th Apr 2013 16:49
"ani-road mk2 & Billy G, did you guys know that we spent £209m to get less points then Rafa got sacked for FACT."
kopak47
11th Apr 2013 16:50
Billy B girl
11th Apr 2013 16:51
"Rafa's buys and sales worked out to a spend of £16.8 million per year but when Reina, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson and Lucas go you have to add their price so if the 4 Rafa signings were sold for £40m then per average of £10.1 is all he spent! Time for thought and I hope FSG see this!"
Billy B girl
11th Apr 2013 17:04
"so Kopak47 Rafa bought 228.976 who were sold for 145,000 so net spend of 83,876 FACT I know who I want in charge!"
kopak47
11th Apr 2013 17:16
"Billy B wow that is impressive under £16m per season with, Agger, skirtle, Johnson,Reina, Stirling , Suso,Lucas still left at the club (£90m) he must be the only manager with Wenger to make a profit, I have nothing against BR i supported him but he has wasted money already and always talks BS he thinks we the supporters are stupid."
11th Apr 2013 17:29
"rushjob, again fans like yourself like to misinterpret what other fans say, I said "This season I would like to finish above the blues..." that is not a benchmark for every season or any season, but just to bring a little bit more prise back to the club..."
Centrecircle1000
11th Apr 2013 17:29
"Not all this rafa talk again !!!! Change ya tune billy b- rafa is in every post u send- are u his wife? Lol"
11th Apr 2013 17:31
"guys by then off next season, courthino could be worth £30 to £40 Million, that would give BR a best spend of of about 4 million... give BR time, he deserves it and he will prove himself a financially viable manager"
11th Apr 2013 17:35
"why cant fans support the current manager no matter who it is. Rafa was great but loses the plot, quite an unstable man, Mr Dalglish had his chance and it didnt work out. Hodgson never stood a chance and houllier should be credited with modernising our club and giving Rafa a solid springboard to build on."
daviddach
11th Apr 2013 17:39
"hey, your hardwork reminds me of Kuyt, keep it going!!!"
Billy B girl
11th Apr 2013 18:24
"Centrecircle1000 17:29 LOL just showed this to be non football husband but lookalike Tom Selleck sadly he and I now resemble Mr Magoo. He told me to get on with the dinner LOL"
darren86
11th Apr 2013 18:26
"Im sick of pathetic people calling for BR out, we aren't chelsea, get a grip people we want stability here not up down up down. If BR goes we are stepping backwards, we dont need a new manager or an old one, Rafa had his chance now its BR chance. In BR i trust!!"
paras3
11th Apr 2013 18:28
"Well done Stuart you are now one of the first team and playing very well, keep it up mate. And YNWA."
darren86
11th Apr 2013 18:35
"well put paras3 YNWA mate!!!!"
Gambateh
12th Apr 2013 1:46
"Buy Jay Rodriguez, Weimman, Diame, Eriksen, Diakite, Sakho, Ince and Aly Cissokho. Sell Caroll, Borini, Pacheco, Assaidi, Allen, Coates, Skrtel, Spearing. Promote Coady, Sama, Ngoo, Teixiera, Mclaughin. Loan out Flanagan, Wilson, Adam, Robinson and Yesil. Play Kelly as Centreback."
Gambateh
12th Apr 2013 1:53
"Mohamed Diame was very impressive that day. H4e has pace, strength, height, skill and mental toughness. Buy him. Our team lacks some height. When we buy players like Daikite, Sakho, Diame, Jay Rodrigues, we have the physical strength to counter teams like Stoke and and Southampton. Play Coady, Sama and Ngoo. They are good players, skillful and great energy and also have height. "
Montyspop
12th Apr 2013 2:14
"Billy B girl... it doesn't sound like you mean what you say about "wanting the best for our club".... its just negative! aint nothing you say gonna get rid of BR so stop it with the negs... wonder what the word supporter means? could you tell me Billy B girl?"
osebasa
12th Apr 2013 5:18
"No more Downings and Hemderdons please !"
Salahudeen786
12th Apr 2013 8:44
"Paras3- So what you're saying is those who criticise and want whats best for the club are not real supporters? That we shouldnt say whether we think a player isnt playing to a standard this great club deserves but who still picks up his £70k-£100k a week salaray? Fans like you are content with us becoming a midtable side."