Comments

Just as long as these fans realise you don't cheer when Liverpool concede. Recent seasons seen fans in America and Asia cheer goals Liverpool have let in. Maybe Australian fans will understand the rules more and know the difference between when Liverpool score and the other team
Euro-77-78-81-84-05
2nd Apr 2013 13:59
tiwiar
2nd Apr 2013 14:24
"we're australian not american we know the difference, here in melbourne we have a supporters group with thousands of members we pack out the largest pubs in Melbourne singing and chanting songs of the kop even at 3-4am, we make manure fans here look like a bowls clubs. Cant wait to pack out the MCG in red on 24/7, YNWA "
tiwiar
2nd Apr 2013 14:24
WhelanR
2nd Apr 2013 14:28
"LFC is a global brand now. Makes sense to go to Australia, they will get a big welcome there.."
WaiLoong
2nd Apr 2013 14:29
"I'm over the moon that Liverpool are FINALLY coming to Australia! It has been long overdue! The support of the club in this country is incredible and I am sure we will show that at the game on July 24. Melbourne Victory will be a decent test for Liverpool too.. they play a very European style of football with a manager who I really respect. It should be a great game! "
rednini
2nd Apr 2013 14:39
"Great venues to play in, but I'm not quite sure that a preseason game can be a sold out match in a 100.000 seater."
degsy62
2nd Apr 2013 14:40
"Sadly the locals from Liverpool won't be able to afford to see our team soon with the increase in season ticket prices. At least the club are preparing to replace us. What would Shanks have said, he hated directors."
5fivetimes
2nd Apr 2013 17:11
"euro your right most americans think soccer is a wuss girls sport but that doesnt mean americans fans dont understand the game so lets stop the stereotypical, racist nonsense and look forward to the LFC franchise going forth!"
aussie-reds-fan
2nd Apr 2013 22:39
"I'm a member of both LFC and MVFC, cannot wait to see both of my teams on the same pitch, will be cheering all goals scored! YNWA"
buddyrules
3rd Apr 2013 1:29
"We won't be cheering if we concede a goal I can guarantee you that! Cannot wait for this! Will be there with my son who is also a passionate Red. Will be a massive event, particularly holding it at the iconic 'G' one of the greatest sporting stadiums in the world.I think a crowd of over 80,000 is likely.YNWA!"
bronzdozzie
3rd Apr 2013 2:15
"Not sure if they'll fill the "G" on a wednesday night. But I'll be flying from Perth on the other side of the country for this one. Been a mad LFC fan since I started school in '75 and I wouldn't miss this for anything!! As far as Aussies cheering if it goes in the LFC net - this is a sports mad country and we know the rules mate. You won't see anyone in red cheering if it happens. "
Laynnen
3rd Apr 2013 4:09
"Can't wait till they come over, I'm going to travel down from Brisbane with my partner just to see them play. Been waiting a long time for a visit by my beloved team, will be a night to remember. I think it will sell out as fans like me will travel from all over the country to see the game."
Aussie27
3rd Apr 2013 8:21
"Already buzzing can't wait going to be a huge night looks like a sickie will be hapining on the Thursday won't be mising this for anything us Aussies will show the world how we pack out a 100thou stadium ynwa"