Comments

Gone in the summer I've heard. Along with Skrtel and Coates.
Rushjob_
9th Mar 2013 9:11
Darrren1
9th Mar 2013 9:23
"Shelvey could have a great career with the U21s. He could dominate that league for the next 5-10 years if he works hard."
ozyredno1
9th Mar 2013 9:24
"Fingers crossed lads, and stay positive. YNWA"
joecos
9th Mar 2013 9:47
"Its only a matter of time before he will not get a place for the reserves. He is not good enough plain & simple"
gthor
9th Mar 2013 10:09
"I belive Jonjo has a future with LFC as Stevie is getting nearer his end and Jonjo is still only 20. Pleanty of promise, now it´s up to him using his HEAD and body. Good luck Jonjo, make the most of it."
Vairuz
9th Mar 2013 10:44
"LFC future future future... I am a great fun of Jonjo. I think most of the times he plays, he just reminds me of young Stevie... Jonjo please stay with us. I want to see him mature at LFC."
Vairuz
9th Mar 2013 10:46
"LFC future future future... I am a great fan of Jonjo.Most of the times he plays, he just reminds me of young Stevie... Jonjo please stay with us. I want to see him mature at LFC.""
jim75
9th Mar 2013 10:46
"Experts on here again writing off another young players career before it has even started! Shelvey will be a quality English player which all teams need.Remember "
diablodog
9th Mar 2013 11:26
"will be great player soon big mistake if we sell him"
JACKHIGH
9th Mar 2013 11:33
"a very promising young player,yes game time is very important, play as often as you can.a no.9 striker will not be your position, it is so obvious you are a good attacking midfielder, best of luck, stay with us"
BISTRY
9th Mar 2013 11:40
"A transfer is a possibility however not at 7 millions as suggested in a paper he is worth more he played for England senior team as for Coates well Shelvey played for under21 team so why not Coates on monday?"
doveenter
9th Mar 2013 11:46
"Sell him, not good enough now if you look at the team we have now...... "
tigerstyle
9th Mar 2013 12:06
"i think this shows a good atude he was awesome against man u u21s pinging the ball about the park like stevie g making 40/50 yard passes was great to watch."
kopking100
9th Mar 2013 12:12
"I have always liked Shelvey as he has the buidld and stature to pulerize defences but so far hasnot fulfilled that potential. Not sure if he is beig held back by Liverpool or he just cant do it on the pitch, still only 21 and feels like he's been around for years, I hope he can come good and prove he can be world class."
9th Mar 2013 12:20
"more realistically if we obtain 20 points from the last 10 games, with 62 points an european cup position should be at all affordable, 27 points out of 30 look to me an authentic utopia!"
dEdGrimley
9th Mar 2013 13:02
"All of the people who complain about Shelvey forget that he's at the age that he's SUPPOSED to be playing in the U21s. THROUGH NEXT YEAR AS WELL. The lack of support Shelvey is getting is disgraceful. (Ast SOME fans) Hang your heads, people. Hang your heads."
REDOPIUM
9th Mar 2013 13:31
"rushjob, i hope you are wrong about all 3,MS is excellant,other 2 are young but i think both can be top players maybe loan them for a few months."
Rushjob_
9th Mar 2013 14:01
"Redopm. I reckon first choice run of games for JS and SC is Defo needed. MS- I'm not convinced about. Gets bullied far too easily for me. Was very gd last season though, so could be a dip in form/concentration? "
REDOPIUM
9th Mar 2013 14:08
"i think since clarke left our defence hasnt been the same, BR has different ideas about the game and the defending has suffered, even v wigan they had far too many shots from a poor performance."
belfastwill
9th Mar 2013 14:09
"Well I can understand wanting to play and I had hoped that Jon would be a regular in the first team. It looks like he can't cut it at the highest level, which is a pity but with the players that are ahead of him in the team its only right that we seel him on , he will be wasting away in the researves if he doesnt move on. I believe he will be gone come summer, pity."
Rushjob_
9th Mar 2013 14:11
"Redopm 1408. Agree. Last week could have been 3-4. "
Bukiss
9th Mar 2013 15:18
"now it's ten wins outta ten & then we'll see."
csavva
9th Mar 2013 15:48
"I hope he stays on. Are you guys writing off the rest of the young players? Sterling, Suso? Are you lot the same lot who wrote of Lucas' career a Liverpool?"
buckie
9th Mar 2013 16:51
"csavva; Yes, sadly I think all our youth are over hyped. Sterling has pace but doesn't actually offer much & can't kick the ball cleanly. Jonjo is lazy off the ball & is another sad CM who spends more time going to our CB for the ball instead of getting into space to receive & run with the ball. contd "
buckie
9th Mar 2013 16:54
"It's a harsh, as they all have potential but I don't think they have that little bit extra that will make them top players. none can use a weaker foot which makes our coaching a bit worrying"
tigerstyle
9th Mar 2013 17:17
"buckie i would disagree with you there sterling and suso are both footed sterling has scored goals with both feet and so has suso in the under 21's cont..."
tigerstyle
9th Mar 2013 17:18
" i think shelvey has had a dip in form just can't put the ball in the back of the net i hope he comes good though shelvey was excellent against man u on monday and suso had a great game during the week drifting ast 4 0r 5 players in the box was wonderful to watch."
Loz99
9th Mar 2013 17:48
"Jonjo might need another loan spell, last loan did him loads of good."
Loz99
9th Mar 2013 17:58
"Jonjo will get there in the end, Coates needs more games, even a loan spell but needs to stay, good mate of Suarez, Skirtel makes too many mistakes, costly ones, we can't afford to keep him, he's unlucky and we have to eliminate that risk asap. Carra was right, the future is Agger and Coates."
Rushjob_
9th Mar 2013 18:00
"Loz- Coates woefully slow mate- and as a person with no pace myself- its one thing that you can't coach! "
REDOPIUM
9th Mar 2013 18:11
"Loz79 under clarke skrtel was brilliant so i believe its a coaching problem, i dont want to see him sold to city on the cheap and watch him perform superb in CL and prem while we'r trying to bed in anotherC/B."
REDOPIUM
9th Mar 2013 18:12
"Sorry i got your name wrong."
Rushjob_
9th Mar 2013 18:20
"Maybe Kelly will make the CB berth his own?"
Loz99
9th Mar 2013 19:36
"Rushjob9, talking about pace, I never paid much attention with our defender's pace, Martin Kelly stands out for me as our quickest, I wonder could he play in place of Skrtel? i've never rated Skrtel a fast defender nor is his positioning at set pieces anything to shout about, his biggest fault is his decision making, it's scary but he did indeed good under Steve Clark's tutelege. "
Rushjob_
9th Mar 2013 20:47
"Loz. True. Coates seems physically and mentally too slow to me but then you only get up to speed playing games I guess. Think there are certain players who blew their chance at Oldham, and thus put themselves firmly in the 'envelopes'. The 3 I've named are my envelope inhabitants! "
lfc4ever76
9th Mar 2013 21:12
"If he can prove himself at under 21 level then he may get back into the 1st 11 but i think Brendan may sale him and buy someone else in the summer"
redsquirral
9th Mar 2013 21:49
"people have a black and white view of things - 'if he's making mistakes, he's a rubbish player, get rid of him' Young players make mistakes and take time to get consistency. I can see good qualities in Shelvey, such as his drive and purpose with the ball, not dis-similar to gerrard. He will improve and cut out the mistakes as he matures."
Feepee84
9th Mar 2013 22:35
"Good Luck Jonjo.. Hope the spell will help you to be even stronger! YNWA"
cordoso
9th Mar 2013 22:55
"shelvey is part of a squad and as such he must earn his place like hendo enrique and downing, that is the competition for places that br desires. Some will move on for regular football but shelvey has shown ability and perhaps another loan will get him there. another pl club would be best as championship experience is for youth players only"
lpdcollier
10th Mar 2013 3:15
"Fans that dubbed this guy the next Gerrard are delusional. I have watched Shelvey for a few years now and I believe he has enough ability to be a decent player in the championship but no way a class prem player. He is to lazy to be a dominant central midfield player like Gerrard, the sooner we get rid of him before he is figured out the better."
lpdcollier
10th Mar 2013 3:18
"Rushjob9 - Letting go of Skrtel for me will be a mistake especially if we replace him with Williams of Swansea. Again for me that would be a sign of going backwards. So hopefully your informants are wrong to an extent. "
ANI-ROAD-08
10th Mar 2013 9:27
"lpdcollier- i agree about Jonjo , his positioning and work ethic is questionable at times. I would say better than Championship standard though but not good enough for a team aiming for top 4, well for now at least! The fact that he is young and does have good attacking qualities makes me feel that maybe give him a bit more time? "
ANI-ROAD-08
10th Mar 2013 9:42
"Always find it difficult weighing the qualities of Jonjo. Also hate to say my theory was right or say 'I told you so' but playing youngsters regularly at a young age, more so the amount at a big club like Liverpool where big things are expected can have a negative effect. "
ANI-ROAD-08
10th Mar 2013 9:42
"Already people have written off Jonjo, some people question Sterling, only Suso really who has come through it without questions being raised about his ability. Yes, Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney managed to make a instant impact and gain world attention instantly, others need a bit more time. "
ANI-ROAD-08
10th Mar 2013 9:52
"One final note. Jack Robinson. The lad is a star in the making but he had one game in which he didn't play well and now many write him off. Everytime people go on about stars for the future, no-one mentions Robinson. Sama, Wisdom, Suso, Flanaghen and so on. Robinson is a left back, at present we only have Enrique as a natural l/b. "
ANI-ROAD-08
10th Mar 2013 9:53
"If people's opinion of Jack is negative because a camera saw him apparently telling Luis to F off I think it's rather sad and think sensitive souls like you wouldn't last 5 minutes in the real working world. Good for Jack, like his att-i-tude, not so dis-similar to Stevie at his age. "
ANI-ROAD-08
10th Mar 2013 9:53
"Either BR rates him highly and wanted Jack to gain experience or someone has spat their dummy out, as the loan deal was after the transfer window shut and did seem a bit rushed and suious."
GerrardtheGeneral
10th Mar 2013 19:28
"His 1st touch is not good, this needs improving dramatically if he is to be a regular starter"