Comments

BR - sure is getting better. Hope that LFC succeeds under his charge! YNWA!
Papa Syed
26th Feb 2013 8:59
edmono
26th Feb 2013 9:20
"liverpool are on the up for sure and keep it going also Pepe has to stay the best keeper in the EPL "
reds20b
26th Feb 2013 9:42
"I'm not a fan of it, and I don't see it working. Skrtel's back pass at start of season vs man city, Carra's back pass vs zenit. It's not a matter of learning from it, a long as we keep doing it it will keep happening. Also look at the games we've lost or drawn, opposition pressuring us high up the pitch and the "philosophy" cracks!! "
reds20b
26th Feb 2013 9:45
"Btw, Liverpool FC already had a footballing philosophy which has worked since Shankly and we are only at this position over the last few years before of those two american cowboys, simple! YNWA"
26th Feb 2013 9:46
"A bit off the subject - watched most of the U21's last night and just as gutted as when our 1st team gets beat. We had a strong side out on paper and if we hadn't have been reduced to 10 men, as ever against the devils disciples, we could have gone on to win. Saying that, Sterling wasn't on it and Suso, who I've always lauded, was mostly poor..."
26th Feb 2013 9:46
"To me he looked disinterested - ATUDE! Is he sulking because he's temporarily lost his 1st team place? It can't be his fitness otherwise he wouldn't have started or would have been withdrawn. The lad needs to buck up! It's times like this when we get an insight into a players character - how much does he want it?!..."
26th Feb 2013 9:46
"Shelvey on the otherhand is prepared to fight! The lad hasn't performed well in the 1st team of late but showed his character last night - WELL PROUD! You can't let guys like this go."
26th Feb 2013 9:55
"A message to Suso...You're a cracking footballer with so much potential and hope that you go on to help us dominate Europe again. But you need to show us your desire and appee for the clubs ambitions - Dig in and the rewards will come!..."
26th Feb 2013 9:59
"Have since seen the Gerrard clip when quizzed about the talent of the youngsters and his response was refreshingly blunt...in not so many words - They've achieved nothing yet and there's a lot of hard work ahead to realise their dreams with LFC! YNWA at LFC as long as you work hard and prove your worth to the club! "
26th Feb 2013 10:05
"atude and appee - read att.itude and appet.ite respectively - keep forgetting about the rude syllable. "
CommanderCool
26th Feb 2013 10:18
"those back passes cost us some games this season! I love Mourinho´s philosophy: Defend well, dont concede in the first half, and look for a goal in the second. might not be spectacular but look where he is now? els in ITALY, SPAIN, ENGLAND, PORTUGAL + European Cups..."
26th Feb 2013 10:24
"KINGOFCLUBS- Suso tweeted after the game that he'd had a stomach upset, and wasnt well, but stayed on to try to help due to amount of injuries currently in the u21's- hence was poor! He actually apologised in his tweet."
JACKHIGH
26th Feb 2013 10:36
"I hope the young midfielders are learning quickly because that is our weak point. on the subject of passing we over do it at times, the first thought should always be to go forward and I don't mean long 50/50 balls to the center forward.too much cross and back pass gives opponents time to get in position"
SkyZA
26th Feb 2013 10:53
"I am also not a fan of this passing from the back,becoz we seem to do so even when pressed high up the pitch and under pressure.i don't need to mention the goals we conceded assosiated with this back passing.not working for me "
mushroomscouser67
26th Feb 2013 10:56
"BR's philosophies have not done much this season. But then why talk of progress, which can be quantified, when you can talk of "philosophy" which can not."
26th Feb 2013 11:05
"kingofclubs. Stevie has no doubt seen so much talent over the years come to nothing. I am sure Stevie has seen better talent than Suso, Sterling and so on, witnessed the big hype and then see the players career come to nothing. If I was to think long and hard, I am sure I can roll of many 'next big things' over the years from LFC and other clubs who went on to mediocre careers. "
26th Feb 2013 11:06
"If I am to be frank, it did annoy me the over-hype of some of our youth players on these pages. The next this that and the other, the 'saviour of LFC' and then bells trying to point score by comparing un-proven talent to misfits. For me as much as I can't stand teh little midget, Michael Owen was the last youngster we had who straight away broke into the first team and set the world alight. "
26th Feb 2013 11:07
"Even it took Stevie a couple of years to become consistent. It may take that time with Sterling, Suso and so on. (dearly hope so) As for Shelvey. Funny really as in Twitter land he has had the brunt of fans frustrations. Many people saying his att-it-ude is wrong and he's a coc-ky so and so. Thought he had fallen out of love with LFC so good to know he's putting the effort in reserves."
26th Feb 2013 11:58
"Rushjob...I may sign up to this twitter as you seem to get some decent info from it. Do you actually converse with any of the players? The lad should have come off if he knew he couldn't perform to his best, that would also have helped the team."
26th Feb 2013 12:03
"KINGOFCLUBS- No, not really, Gary Gillespie on occasion! I recommend it as news breaks on it before it 'breaks' if you know what I mean. I find it really good, especially following journo's and people 'in the know'!"
26th Feb 2013 12:04
26th Feb 2013 12:05
26th Feb 2013 12:06
"ANI...I know exactly what you mean about the hype concerning a few of our youngsters. There are times when you do get caught up in it all, it builds and builds and then as ever there is a crash and our media just loves it! - Build 'em up Knock 'em down! Was also doubting Shelvey and his committment, but the lad did well last night with no signs of sulking. "
26th Feb 2013 12:07
"KINGOFCLUBS- Yeah, agree. I actually like what BR has done with the 'youngsters'- he's let them taste 'it' then took it away from them. Bodes well in respect of them really really wanting it, or falling by the wayside. Survival and all that."
26th Feb 2013 12:09
"The thing with modern media is that we all know so much about our youngsters nowadays. A couple of tricks and goals in a game on LFCTV, and next thing people are getting their names printed on the shirts.! BR has to manage that expectation, and I reckon he's done that well so far."
26th Feb 2013 12:11
"Still utterly pi55ed off however how we lost to Villa and WBA home. 6 points very very cheaply dropped there. We'd genuinely be 'in the mix' those 2 defeats aside. "
26th Feb 2013 12:12
"I'll take a rain check on it for now then, the missus already complains and ridicules me enough when I'm on here - hates footie and all the banter that goes with it #doesn'tgeneverwilldoesn'tcare."
26th Feb 2013 12:15
"#doesn'tget.itneverwilldoesn'tcare - bleedin' moderators arrrgh!"
ajp81
26th Feb 2013 12:16
"Silly errors in defence have cost us this season. The argument is whether it is the wrong tactics by BR or the players not suited/good enough for the style of play. I am concerned about another big clear out in the summer but the most important thing is keeping hold of Suarez."
26th Feb 2013 12:19
"The factor missing against Villa & WBA was another potent attacking threat which we now have in Sturridge. KD thought he had it with Carroll but there was no connection with Suarez."
26th Feb 2013 12:29
"In time the whole team will click and although we all sink when we get beat we have to remind ourselves that Rodgers is trying to re-build the structure of the whole team and errors/mishaps/defeats will occur. The knee jerk reactionists need to take that on board to lift their gloom and remain positive."
redbastion
26th Feb 2013 12:29
"Problem with this style is making space becomes difficult. The team need to pass it between the opposition players and be there to receive it particulalry when attacking."
KennyD-Dynasty
26th Feb 2013 12:37
"Michael Laudrup to Real Madrid....since Brendan loves Swansea and their players so much, maybe this is an opportunity for him to return home."
26th Feb 2013 12:45
"kingofclubs- 'knee jerk reactions'. Hit the nail on the head there... I hold my hands up, there has been times this season when I have only seen darkness ahead immediately after defeat. But when putting things into context I can see much promise and can see how mistakes (silly mistakes) may occur... contd. "
26th Feb 2013 12:50
"But a new system and playing style does have hiccups to start (zonal marking with Rafa) being an example. I just won't make any over the top predictions as some do in defence of BR on these pages. As in agreement with Rushjob, it is a shame as a couple of recent defeats should of been wins and put us in with a shout of top4. But hey, what's done is done "
sciara
26th Feb 2013 13:16
"Carras back pass had nothing to do with the style of play, he just miss hit the ball..even if he was passing to another defender the same would happen, ball lost to attacking player and anything from there can go.."
redtof
26th Feb 2013 13:17
"i trust br..i personally think that we will finish in the top 3 next season.. maybe champions if we make the right signings in next transfer window.. and then dominate epl for next 10 years and more.. maybe i'm a dreamer but stevie G deserve to lift the epl trophy. ynwa from mauritius."
26th Feb 2013 13:35
"KennyD/redbastion...keep faith. It is difficult to instill this style of play into the team. It suits some of the older players and not others. Young players are mainly being recruited as they have more time to adapt and are more willing subjects. The hard work has only just begun so to destroy it all now would be foolish and a complete waste of another seasson, only to start from scratch again..."
26th Feb 2013 13:35
"Do you remember what Barcelona did to UTD at wembley? Wasn't it a joy to watch! Rodgers wants us playing the same style - obviously not an exact copy, but a style which totally devours the opposition and spits them out. Our problem at the moment is we don't quite have all the right personnel on board and until we do the inconsistency will remain..."
26th Feb 2013 13:36
"Also, the tempo of our play is not high enough - watch Barca v Madrid tonight - it's there in patches but breaks down too often. I sincerely hope Rodgers is allowed the time to create his version of tiki taka with a dash of British grit, just so we can all laugh in the face of Old fergie who will squirm in envy!"
Kmp
26th Feb 2013 13:40
"I like what Rushjob said about the taste of glory:) And to mention our problems I think our ball movement is too slow. Defenders take 2-3 touches before passing the ball. Its vital to be ahead a yard or two when you receive a ball - then you can catch the opposition. But if you receive the ball a little bit late - there is a man in front of you ready to defend. "
mushroomscouser67
26th Feb 2013 14:17
""style of play" and "philosophy" counts for nothing without talented, experienced and capable players who can implement and stategies and adapt to the game being played. Those players cost money FSG dont have. So the notion "philosphies" will be victory on the cheap is bullsh!t. Of which thisn season has been full off. BS and BP. "BP" being "Back passes" to Pepe."
aidan21
26th Feb 2013 14:28
"iPad?"
SPRINGBANK
26th Feb 2013 14:43
"Sorry i can't agree with you Pepe, we have been so inconsistent this season and i am not inspired, and to be perfectly blunt your goalkeeping is certainly under par."
EcoRed
26th Feb 2013 15:51
"Reina is playing for his future, no wonder he's brown nosing Rodgers. Get real, Pepe, i can see right through you buddy."
L-MAN07
26th Feb 2013 16:01
"I am in 2 minds with regards to the manager. Personally I feel that we have gone backwards from last season but with the odd decent result to give us hope for the future. Agree with mushscouser re "philosophy" and "progress". Yet as much as I am not a BR fan we can't keep firing managers every year."
L-MAN07
26th Feb 2013 16:05
"However ,if BR was Roy Hodgson he would've been sacked by now. I think I would reluctantly give BR another 6 months at least. Yet no rookie manager should be using LFC as a learning curve. "
26th Feb 2013 16:15
"Good posts on here today, and cant disagree with points made by M'Scouser or LMAN either. All valid points backed up by fact. Our goals scored fill me with hope, and its obvious where are weaknesses lie- and Im sorry Mr Reina, but for the past 18 months you have been one of them."
26th Feb 2013 16:17
"In fact, since Torres left, Pepe hasnt been the same keeper. At the least we need a keeper to come in and properly challenge Pepe. I do however feel he'll be gone in the summer along with Downing. "
ron23
26th Feb 2013 16:22
"The thing we have to realise with BR is that he wasn't brought in as a top manager who was going to call on years of experience to turn the club around, he was seen as a top young, next-generation manager with exciting ideas, potential, and the bravery and appee to develop HIMSELF at a club needing fresh ideas. Cont..."
ron23
26th Feb 2013 16:27
"There are understandably fans who want a quick turn around but it was never going to be like that with a manager of 39 with limited experience. It was his ambition and his potential which attracted us to him and you can definitely see an improvement in the style of play. We are exciting to watch going forward but still frustrate. Cont..."
ron23
26th Feb 2013 16:32
"Earlier in the season we had a pass, pass, pass style that more resembled BR's swansea, which helps to understand the early good form of Allen, but it is different now. We still keep the ball and keep possession if nothing is on but we create more and look more incisive. It's called slow progress. We also see downing, hendo, and Jose playing much better. Again, progress..."
ron23
26th Feb 2013 16:37
"People moaned about the lack of incisive football and about the inability of said players. Now people moan about consistency and the leaky defence and I agree with that too. But how about we give this young manager with potential a chance to develop HIMSELF further and fix these current problems? Encouragingly, he has sounded out these problems himself. That's the first step..."
26th Feb 2013 16:44
"ron23. Great comments. As humans, we dont tend to have patience, and it is whats needed at the present time. Cultures take time to develop, and its what I keep telling myself after a poor result. Its hard at times though!"
ron23
26th Feb 2013 16:57
"Rushjob, agreed. The reason I write is because I've had to remind myself of this recently. It's frustrating lately but at the same time, I'm filled with quiet optimism. We can't tell the future but we can see the present compared to the past and we are better than earlier. I'm prepared to put up with inconsistencies because previous problems are being ironed out, putting a sock firmly in my gob."
ron23
26th Feb 2013 17:02
"And also, Rushjob, I'm not an FSG-hater but I have been suious ever since they refused to back BR over dempsey. That was worrying after stating he wild have more control. But I have had to put this into perspective. They have backed BR to the tune of 50m since his arrival and January was an undoubted success. Cont..."
26th Feb 2013 17:04
"ron23...Great comments!"
JDevlinDRed
26th Feb 2013 17:05
"And continue it must - in Brendan we trust - YNWA!"
ron23
26th Feb 2013 17:07
"They also spent a lot, quite stupidly, prior to BR's appointment, and I often wonder if their recent defiance is an attempt to rebuild credibility in the transfer market. Anyhow, my point is that if they continue to back BR and we get the transfer market right from now on, my optimism will continue to grow. Hopefully BR's ability and experience will also grow and we'll have a mighty fine manager."
Dancehallscouser
26th Feb 2013 17:18
"Honestly some fans here behave like little kids. With the Liverlution under BR do you expect a quick fix back to success. After all that took place under those americans and previous managers surely an LFC fan should know there is progress and like BR said its not going to happen overnight although of course its disappoint to see the errors players are making."
Billy B girl
26th Feb 2013 18:25
"Sorry Pepe can't see it. To be honest It feels like the football season is over and I'm not the only one who thinks that! For me BR will never be any good for Liverpool but I know he has supporters on here so good luck but he will never ever be good enough for me! Bring back Rafa Benitez!"
26th Feb 2013 18:31
"Rafa Benitez- really? There's not a chance under these owners of him ever returning. My views remain as they were on FSG. Until the stadium development properly starts, I don't believe a word that they say. Shore up the defence to compliment the forwards, and we'd be 6-8 points better off (IMO). "
26th Feb 2013 18:36
"Rafa had his chance here, and sadly got distracted with internal nonsense. Not convinced he's as sharp tactically as he was either, and don't buy into the notion that he's deliberately trying to ruin Chelsea. Ruins them, he tarnishes his reputation further. Controversial, but Rafa returning IMO would be a step backwards. (Waiting for the abuse) ! :) "
adrianshone
26th Feb 2013 18:38
"u say we but its not we as you are leaving at end of season ?????????????????????????"
26th Feb 2013 18:40
"Good comments today. Nice to visit these boards from time to time and have a good, open and honest debate as opposed to the day to day, point-scoring 'superfan' nonsense usually associated with these pages. "
26th Feb 2013 18:40
"Been an awful season but some promise and some positive words from neutrals and even rivals. All they say is Brendan needs time. I am impatient, guess it's up to me and many others to be patient if BR is with us for the long ride."
wayshapeform
26th Feb 2013 18:55
"Agree this is brown nosing too much BS Cannot see progress yet There is potential and promise but there always has been Philosophy not new but given resources available we should show progress idc No point changing manager - yet"
centrecircle100
26th Feb 2013 19:03
"bill b- i know your not a BR fan!! but if theres no improvment next season i will congrats you!but i think your in for a suprise! so if BR does well i hope youll cnngrats me!!!"
jimmy liddel
26th Feb 2013 19:05
"you say you are happy with the manager,well pepi we are all more than happy with you. keep the faith"
REDOPIUM
26th Feb 2013 19:11
"lets be honest our defending is worse our midfied is the same and the forwards are much the same,first window 30m no change 2nd 20m and DS. "
Knw Unknown
26th Feb 2013 19:16
"in br i trust."
Bukiss
26th Feb 2013 19:16
"I've said it b4 & I'll say it again, Brendan is the man 2 bring back the glory days no matter what happens this season. I love Liverpool....."
nme2thest8
26th Feb 2013 19:28
"Some good intelligent posts here today. I think our biggest problem is predictability, we build from the back EVERY time, I like the style br has got us playing but we also need too mix it up too, pepe used to be the master at springing us forward with a quick long throw, haven't seen him do it once thisyr"
81-82-83-84
26th Feb 2013 19:47
"It`s fine playing out from the back, but there have been times when it really hasn`t been appropriate to do so. Playing from the back shouldn`t be stuck to blindly, even if Brendan thinks it is the ideal. It should be remembered that the opposition will find it hard to score if the ball is in their half and why play through 10 outfield players when one ball will sometimes do?"
lfcrollo
26th Feb 2013 19:55
"I have watched this season British, Spanish, Italian, German and French top teams playing and Liverpool has been one of the best at times, specially with Sturridge. I think Liverpool can even win the EPL next season if Suarez stays and we can get few strong and tall players into defence. "
lfcrollo
26th Feb 2013 19:56
"For example Chelsea and Arsenal are playing too slowly because of their spanish playmakers who like the ball too much. And many teams are like Real are very easy to predict, they play direct football. "
lfcrollo
26th Feb 2013 19:56
"But clearly BR is teaching our front players to interchange and to try something exceptional, especially Suarez. That will open up space and with Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho and Gerrard we have enough finishing capability when there's free space."
harbin91
26th Feb 2013 20:05
"Reina should be no stranger to this style of football. It's one he grew up with at La Masia in Barca."
Kingwillis10
26th Feb 2013 20:05
"Brilliant and I hope this is a message to those mindless idiots who just have no clue and persist with wanting BR sacked. Nice one Pepe, you are right :)"
Kingwillis10
26th Feb 2013 20:08
"reds20b You are talking pure nonsense. I never seen the glory days, am 24 and never seen us play some of the football we have this year. Rafa? He played the most boring and complicated game that took ages to get moving and he would happily nick a 1-0 any day. Kenny? Never really had time but from January to about March last season, was the worst performances for years. Research tika-taka."
81-82-83-84
26th Feb 2013 20:41
"I`d rather see Brendan`s philosophy being played as a guide rather than some doctrine which should be adhered to at any cost. The players need to use their own initiative more in tricky defensive situations and prove that they have footballing brains of their own. It doesn`t make much sense to me, chancing losing the ball at the wrong end. A word to the wise: If in doubt, give it a clout."
Anneallred
26th Feb 2013 21:28
"It's been hard this season keeping the faith but I will always keep the passion. Where we have gained on attack we have lost ground on defence and all must take responsibility for that including señor reina. We need to shore up the back and leave the players up front to take care of their job YNWA"
fiko13
26th Feb 2013 21:36
"i can see ur improvement leaking silly goals like never before and also he stopped from getting the ball infield quickly isisting that u pass the ball for 5 min between u agger carra then when u are pressured shot anywhere, what an improvement "
Gordon Ottershaw
26th Feb 2013 22:36
"Refreshing to read sensible posts for a change. On Pepe and goalkeepers in general, it is very difficult to attract a great keeper when one is so entrenched. Will only get cup games and injuries, so why would they come. I do not know what the answer is, hope someone does. "
Save us Kenny
26th Feb 2013 23:13
"Seasons over already. Laudrup won a cup, AVB 4th and Europa, Clarke success at WBA with no money, all in their 1st season. BR gives excuses. We have gone backwards from last season, cant see this man winning anything tbh "
stevo71
26th Feb 2013 23:39
"Your all idoits. I can't watch this rubbish anymore. in rogers we trust! idoit fickle fans. they sacked KD when hes the one that needed time. but im not holding my breath as FSG ain't gonna admit they made a mistake till we hit rock bottem. been watching liverpool for 35 years and this really is the end. rogers out and FSG "
stevo71
26th Feb 2013 23:46
"ever watched that "being liverpool" that tells u all u need to know about rogers. his team talks would bore anyone to death. going nowhere mark my words! PEOPLE WAKE UP! "
Zxcv
27th Feb 2013 2:04
"For the sake of this club, we need to find a no. 1 goalie next season! Someone that gives our back fours confident and stability. Reina will be a good backup esp when it comes penalty! One FA cup and one League cup is definitely not good enough since his 8th seasons in a red shirt! No one is irreplaceable..."
RizaLiverpoolYNWA
27th Feb 2013 2:46
"give him another season and hoepfully the key players such as suarez stays to ensure the success of the project. next season we will have full quality squad with sturidge, coutinho and andy is coming back"
RizaLiverpoolYNWA
27th Feb 2013 2:47
"just need a few more faces in defence...we r on the roll...pls owners...back BR next season."
koponlads
27th Feb 2013 6:20
"i still cant believe ppl cant see the progress BR has made with the team, yes we have had slip ups. but its obvious the way we play is better, and now the squad has more quality up front we are scoring lots and talkin a lot less about unlucky hitting the post. CB is an issue we will improve in the summer... "
koponlads
27th Feb 2013 6:29
"...wouldnt be surprised if 2 CB came in, plus a left back and a stronger/quicker cm to compete with Lucas. I believe the ownwers will back BR, as they have done. money is there if a player is worth. they have learnt from lettin kenny and co spend way over the odds. THANK GOD! cant go through another mess of needed to be bailed out, plus signing were never gonna live up to fees eg AC. "
koponlads
27th Feb 2013 6:37
"pressure of what they cost the club and the fact some simply were not good enough meant last year transfers cost the club millions. with the price of players so high BR has done really well in his dealings. i see a few more 12-16 mill signings coming in the summer and possibly one 20mil top quality attacker. "
koponlads
27th Feb 2013 6:46
"we will have money from sales of those shipped out on loan, and a few in the squad who will be replaced. hopefully Andy does something to make someone pay more than the 12-15 mill we will be lucky to get. If the owners allow BR to spend sale money and add even only 20-25 mill (which they have done each transfer window so far) i think we will be just fine. Futures Bright YNWA "
koponlads
27th Feb 2013 6:46
27th Feb 2013 8:12
"koponlads- This is not in defence of KD as I have defended him a few times. But LFC's financial woes happened prior to FSG taking over. Mixture of bad signings and a board who's sole intention was to fleece LFC for as much as possible whilst promising a new ground and so on. "
27th Feb 2013 8:13
"Both Kenny and Brendan have played their part ridding of players like Cole, Jovanovic, Poulson, Babel (players with no use but big wages) It clearly needed to be addressed. Off course we don't want LFC to go broke and subsequently fold but equally we don't want to follow Arsenal's lead of maximising profits but minimum investment. "
27th Feb 2013 8:13
"A fine balance of being compet-itive but being prudent.When FSG got their man (supposedly) you would of thought they would of backed their man. The club saved millions on wages- Aaua, Maxi, AC and Dirk to name just a few big earners and replaced them with cheap prospects and Joe Allen. "
27th Feb 2013 8:14
"The Dempsey saga was embarrassing as was Sigurdsson, lost out over peanuts and effectively ruined our season by ridding of what back up we had to Luis to West Ham. Then we still have the on-going ground development/new ground. 1 statement of intent every 6 months in the form of an email, then silence. This is why myself and so many are cynical of our apparent 'sensible owners'. "
27th Feb 2013 8:26
"Shudder to think but imagine if Suarez would of been injured for most of the season or suspended for a long period like last season. We would definately be in a relegation battle. That is not being over the top but realistic. Fans in the masses would be calling for BR's head and FSG to go! "
27th Feb 2013 8:26
"Luis has been the only person who's looked like scoring this season until recently. But even Sturridge wouldn't of been so good if he would of joined a team drained of confidence, low league position and finding goals hard to come by. Just not worth thinking about. Luis has been our saviour and should be Footballer of the year!"