Comments

If carra becomes one of assistant managers, then will we have 3 assistant managers ?
KidofKop88
18th Feb 2013 12:55
KidofKop88
18th Feb 2013 13:00
" There's only a thin line of difference between what we 're trying to develop and what Arsenal is today. If something goes wrong, we will become Arsenal. To avoid that we need experienced players + trophies + passionate players I don't like players speaking too much when we win/loss. We must restrict players interviews to one/two in a week."
ANI-ROAD-08
18th Feb 2013 13:19
"Brendan Rodgers is a fantastic speaker. His appraisal of Carra was brilliant. No 'buts' or anything. Just something different to what we have had in terms of communicators in recent times. Houllier ok and cosy with press. Rafa defensive, Woy useless and Kenny agressive. Doesn't make any of them a better manager.#justsaying"
anotherone2.1
18th Feb 2013 13:24
"He does indeed seem to be saying all the right words but does it make him the choice LFC should stick with? Or, to turn it around a bit, can it be that his righ att.t.tude coupled with fine tactical ideas (imho) is not sufficient to stick with him as LFC coach? "
SkyZA
18th Feb 2013 13:24
"a true reflection of where the team is so far.The team needs support to move forward.come'on KOP,in these last remaining 11 games lets show the world why we are dubbed the "best supporters".even in not so good times let us stand behind our lads and give them much needed support.it can't go any worse than these and with a few additions in the summer.the sky is the limit"
redrob2005
18th Feb 2013 13:32
"well said buck i for one am totally behind you and of course the players YNWA"
SkyZA
18th Feb 2013 13:33
"we can't change a manager season after another.if we do that then we will never improve.the players do need to take the blame every now and again.you can't blame the manager for experienced players like our captain for missing penalties or saurez missing 1-on-1 chances(zenit game) now can you?i'm not putting down the players but i'm saying collectively we either fail or succeed...."
Redcrusader
18th Feb 2013 13:36
"For goodness sake give BR a chance and get of his back!!!WE ARE NOT CHELSKI!!!!!!"
SkyZA
18th Feb 2013 13:43
"every1 associated with the team wants to succeed.this project needs a bit of patience from all stakeholders.the owners also need to show their commitment to the team by supporting the manager in the summer.we all know the squad needs some strengthening in different areas"
-LDW-
18th Feb 2013 13:55
"I see the WBA game as a blip. Had Sturridge played we would be 6th now. BR is doing a great job in difficult cirstances..I really like him as a manager. I reckon if we dare sack him we will come to regret it..because he will only learn from this experience and correct it elsewhere..why can't we give him the chance to correct it here."
-LDW-
18th Feb 2013 13:58
"I believe the solution to this problem may be a change of ownership or FSG changing their atude to the way they're running this club. Next season if we can stay clear of any injuries, find that consistency and add a few additions we will be a force. If we do everything I stated I reckon we can finish 3rd next season."
-LDW-
18th Feb 2013 14:02
"We have a front three (Suarez, Coutinho and Sturridge) that giving time could turn into something lethal. I just hope we are not deprived of something special..kind of like the Suarez-Torres partnership. I just pray our lads see the bigger picture..because the potential of that front 3 is scary..it may not be the most glamourous of names but they certainly will be effective. YNWA."
-LDW-
18th Feb 2013 14:04
"Really mods? c.i.r.c.u.m.s.t.a.n.c.e.s* and a.t.t.i.t.u.d.e*..smh you guys are too sensitive lol."
Hubfan
18th Feb 2013 14:06
"This has been a season of change and disappointment so far. Hopefully we are starting to get the quality signings that will bring us back to the top. The way we finish this year will set the tone and show potential signings our intent."
-LDW-
18th Feb 2013 14:13
"Oh and it annoys me when some say we beat Swansea Reserves. We struggled to beat Oldham. Yes we should not get carried away..but a 5-0 win at home is always pleasing no matter who the opponents are. I more optimistic of this team than I am pessimistic. I'm liking what BR is trying to do."
18th Feb 2013 14:13
"LDW 1318. Correct. Totally agree. There are rumours circulating that a sale could be imminent- but please, dont shoot the messager, as I say, just stuff circulating. With what evidence (if any) I couldnt say. Strange rumour to start though with even April named as a possible month?"
18th Feb 2013 14:14
"Got to be honest and say I wouldnt mind seeing the back of FSG. Dont think they are nearly committed enough to be 'stewards' of our great club."
rotchie
18th Feb 2013 14:18
"hey nobody said sack Rogers yet? well that makes a change. good. Im right behind Brendan,he has to be given years to bring this club to where it should be,fsg said they would when they gave him the job, we have to remember he is learning as well as a lot of our players, this is a winning formula, it worked for us with Shankly and manure with sir purple nose. "
-LDW-
18th Feb 2013 14:21
"rotchie- Nicely said"
-LDW-
18th Feb 2013 14:28
"Rushjob, if the rumours are true..then it will be good news for most. I'm happy knowing that if FSG do end up selling soon then it was done without any real protests from us fans. The intriguing questions is to who..hmmm. I just hope it's to someone who's allergic to Bull5hitting."
kool ass
18th Feb 2013 14:30
"One thing i like about brendan is that hes got us scoring goals un like last year and the one before that last year are biggest victory in the league was 4-1 chelsea this year: 5-2, 4-0, 5-0 , 5-0 and a lot of 3-0's "
JDevlinDRed
18th Feb 2013 14:30
"The future is bright - YNWA!"
KennyD-Dynasty
18th Feb 2013 14:35
"Brendan, please, no Joe Allen for Zenit, we will definitely loose. Lucas to start. Sell Allen and get a world class player."
18th Feb 2013 14:50
"Carra going to work on BT's new footie channel by all accounts."
18th Feb 2013 14:52
"LDW- We'll see. The imminent TV deal and 'plans' for Anfield make us a purchasable proposition."
18th Feb 2013 14:59
"Red sox 'people' questioning that since FSG purchased us, Red Sox's form etc been dismal. We need to be owned by a person/persons whose sole and only interest is LFC."
Billy B girl
18th Feb 2013 15:12
"This has been LFC worst season ever and I blame BR. For those harping on about Fergie getting more time remember he was at Aberdeen and won them Euro Cup winners cup and Euro Super Cup so allowed to show his 'philosophy'. Tika taka won't work in a physical premier league ..."
Billy B girl
18th Feb 2013 15:14
"As for his signings - Sturridge great so far but Borini - so sad the lad is injured but he already had the same injury and 3 October's the same foot injury and we paid £10.5 £11 mil for him ? Assaidi not played ??? Coutinho looks good but BR not up to this job folks !!!"
Billy B girl
18th Feb 2013 15:16
"Joe Allen .. words fail me £15 mil for him - I see he is going on about Ashley Williams in the Lpool Echo today! Don't want Allen or Williams at LFC or BR. I hope FSG get rid of BR at the end of the season !!!"
Credable
18th Feb 2013 15:19
"How is this our worst season??We are going to finish above 8th I have no doubt and BR is the man for the job! needs at least 2 more seasons as planned and we go from there!"
KennyD-Dynasty
18th Feb 2013 15:50
"Billy B Girl - you are right, we do not want joe allen or any other swansea players here. ASHLEY WILLIAM, I JUST HATE HIM. HE CAUSED DAMAGS TO SUAREZ WITH HIS STUPID INTERVIEW. BRENDAN RESPECT THE FANS. WE DONT WANT ASHLEY AT LIVERPOOL"
Redcrusader
18th Feb 2013 15:53
"Billy B girl isnt it nice to know u r in a minority. All this tripe about sack this get rid of that one. Nonsence you must think we are chelski!!!!"
Redcrusader
18th Feb 2013 15:57
"Kenny d dynasty!!!How the heck are WE that u talk about???Cause you dont speak for 99% of us so go away please!!!!!"
105t2
18th Feb 2013 16:00
"give the manager a chance you can see wot he,s trying to do next season will be are season ynwa"
18th Feb 2013 16:03
"Billy B, brother your posts are always gloomy even when we win. No one can be that negative unless its a wind up or depression has set in. We have just won 5-0, surely even you can have a day off and enjoy the goodish weather. We get it that you don't like BR, but man, chill or have a piece of chocolate or something. "
RedRivelino
18th Feb 2013 16:04
"BillyBGirl- so from what u've said BR's roughly 50-50 on signings. which is not bad. which is a marked improvement when you take into account the recent initial success of signings. Why do expect for everyone to hit the ground running. "
RedRivelino
18th Feb 2013 16:08
"BillyBGirl - the expectation levels, and levels of mental strength required to play for LFC are enormous. I'm sure if u were in Hendo's shoes last season u would have quit the club with the abuse he took. Allen's dipped & has admitted it. He needs to find another gear. "
Redcrusader
18th Feb 2013 16:08
"Best signing next term would be ALONSO.....Nice thought......Would be great if he ended his career here at Anfield."
18th Feb 2013 16:11
"My ever astute comrade and second in command LDW has eloquently characterised the essence of Sturridge. Without him we rely solely on the magic of Suarez who like all geniuses can have an off day and when that happens we are doomed like last Thursday. We now have two focal points of attack making it difficult for opponents to handle us, cont... "
RedRivelino
18th Feb 2013 16:11
"M.kelly should be considered for CB but we need a top/experienced, english-speaking CB to replace carra next season. "
L-MAN07
18th Feb 2013 16:13
"The Jury's still out on BR however..worst start to a prem season..out of all cups..(okay still in Europa in theory)...BR'S buys more miss than hit.. huge mistake with the Carroll debacle... It WAS Swansea resrves we thrashed whether we like it or not (perspective!). 7th with 11 games to go and played one more game than possible top 4 rivals. "
18th Feb 2013 16:14
"kennyD- It wont matter how Williams upset Suarez cos if FSG are still around Suarez will be sold in the summer."
18th Feb 2013 16:15
"We now have the Awesome Foursome (I have changed it from Golden Foursome, it has a better ring to it)We will wreak havoc on the opposition with this lot. We should not have too much high hopes on overturning the game on Thursday but with us you never know, lol "
L-MAN07
18th Feb 2013 16:17
"I'm no BR fan....However,I am not sure sacking the manager at the end of every season is working.But then I wouldn't like to see who BR buys and sells in the summer. Feel we could really do with new owners,a director of football (Houllier would be my choice),Carra groomed for assistant manager and in (my)ideal world Rafa back at the helm. "
rotchie
18th Feb 2013 16:20
"rogers has also sorted a couple of lads out that he didn't sign eg. Enrique playing great and Downing playing the best he's been since coming to us, Hendo improving all the time as well, none of these players were any where near the players they are now under Kenny."
Redcrusader
18th Feb 2013 16:20
"Will miss thursdays game(WORKING)so if we fail i will b getting stick from every corner.....But should we pull this of i will have no voice left from singing and giving stick to all them manc freaks!!!!!"
Redcrusader
18th Feb 2013 16:21
"Agree downing was a giant yesterday!!!!!and getting better all the time."
AllofRafasGems
18th Feb 2013 16:24
"Besides recalling Michael Ngoo, we will need one or two more strikers of the highest order. Look at our rivals and learn. Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko, (Balotelli). Torres, Ba, (Sturridge), (Lukaku). Welbeck, Rooney, Hernandez, Van Persie. Podolsi, Walcott, Giroud, Gervinho. And the most successful two teams on here have heard at least three top strikers in hand throughout the season."
Redcrusader
18th Feb 2013 16:30
"Pity we didnt get TEVEZ at the time he left the mancs!!!!!!"
18th Feb 2013 16:37
"Rushjob, you clearly have not worked out that FSG support their managers. They did so more than adequately with KK and got burnt. They have invested in the players BR has asked for, even spending big on rough diamonds like Allen, Sturridge, Borini and yet you still have a gripe against them, cont.."
thekingmaker27
18th Feb 2013 16:39
"Don't expect miriculs on Thursday but first goal and anfield euro night my help .but if not let's not jump on there backs with no ds or a back up stricker . (Which br did ask fsg for in jan) it's gonna be hard just hope russkis are no good at traveling"
18th Feb 2013 16:41
"You appear to be annoyed at their reticence, which is odd as they should let the manager do their bidding. They won't sell as they are in it for the long haul. I like them because they are reactive and don't allow sentiment to sway their approach. They believe in the pragmatic approach and building slowly and I am with them on this, cont"
18th Feb 2013 16:43
"FSG have man at the helm cut from the same cloth as them. BR is pragmatic, a careful planner and more importantly confident in his own abilities. He is not stubborn and is able to correct his mistakes. He is a student of the game and an intent listener. He is going to do well..."
18th Feb 2013 16:58
"Buddha- No issues with BR, and not what Im hearing re FSG. Like I said, dont shoot the messanger though. You believe that they are here for the long haul- Im hearing that they are not. Thats all.!"
Luis7?9
18th Feb 2013 17:04
"I laugh at any LFC fan that has a go at BR and even the owners when they have done nothing wrong. Over the years Liverpool have always been a 1 or 2 man team, we now have SEVEN, revision needed for the ones that seem confused and cannot identify who our match winners are! I will give you numpties a clue, we had 4 of these players in the starting 11 vs Swansea. 1 was on the bench. "
18th Feb 2013 17:05
"There are not enough superlatives to pour on SG but his performance yesterday was unreal. He was cool personified. His marched around Anfield .like an emperor. A 60 yard pass here, a crisp tackle there, a golden shot now and then, we witnessed the full array of the great man's talent and then you watch players like so called midfield players at LFC and shake your head. "
18th Feb 2013 17:07
"If FSG are to stay they need to back BR in the Transfer window better than they have.We need to identify the players we require now,rather than all this last minute nonsense. All this chopping and changing is not giving us the stability that a top club needs.BR was hung out to dry/made to look stupid in the last window,through no fault of his own."
18th Feb 2013 17:10
"redcrusader- Tevez stated at the time that one club he could not go to because of the rivalry was us.Then went to their local rivals!"
Runcornleo
18th Feb 2013 17:13
"The present demise of LFC is not down to KD or BR but to Gillette and Hicks and unfortunately they put LFC on the back foot leaving Raffa sched up. Have faith in BR. Afterall Rome wasn't built in day. Steady progress is being made. Expect a few setbacks. Thursday night should be like when LFC played St. Ettiene 1977 for those who can remember it. A great night!"
18th Feb 2013 17:14
"Am I missing the point here, how much more can FSG back BR. Is there a player out there that BR wants and we don't go and buy. I think some fans are playing fantasy football again and trying to make their own wishes into BR wishes. We can't buy the fantasy players as they won't come. FSG have backed BR enough and will continue to do so. "
Billy B girl
18th Feb 2013 17:41
"Buddha - only my opinion you know I don't want BR as manager and think he is out of his depth. Look at WBA game to yesterday's that is a manager with serious issues! Sorry if I upset you I will go and have a choc bis and cup of tea. You know I love LFC YNWA"
18th Feb 2013 17:46
"When a manager says I wont be loaning a £35million player out and we have no cover,then he is loaned out and we have no cover,I would say that's not backing the manager."
18th Feb 2013 17:47
"BR wanted Dempsey but FSG wouldn't budge on their price of a mars bar and 2 packets of crisps"
lpdcollier
18th Feb 2013 17:48
"I know a lot of fans on here keep saying give BR one more window. I for one are not confident in his targets, that williams one will not go away, I would bet he will be the next Swansea player through our doors. He is average at best, we should not be competing with the likes of Swansea, Sunderland and WBA for players."
18th Feb 2013 17:49
"And they wasn't even Walkers"
18th Feb 2013 17:51
"FSG, have paid for Enrique, Carrol, Suarez, Downing, Adam, Hendo, Allen, Borini, Sturridge, Assaidi, Yesil, Coutinho etc. I think most will see that as backing a manager, right? hmmm. "
Albany
18th Feb 2013 17:51
"Doe-ba, sure that shouldn't be dough-head? Stupidest idea I have read on these boards - and that includes Billy B's knee jerk reactions. I can't believe that BR;s efforts are not being recognized but we do live in a instant gratification world. I love the style that BR insists on and cannot believe that people want Rafa's defensive, unimaginative plodding back. BR to stay! "
18th Feb 2013 17:57
"Quote "I need a minimum of 3 strikers once the window shuts,I have got Suarez,Borini and carroll. I would be a nutcase even to consider at this moment to let Carroll go out,unless there are other solutions for that" Some people are blinkered where FSG are concerned."
18th Feb 2013 17:57
"The fact that FSG didn't want to pay an inflated price for Dempsey, even though some compared him to Messi and our saviour, it was very wise because look who we have now, Sturridge. FSG should be fed up by some of the mad moaning from some fans and no wonder they are keeping quiet, as I would be steaming if I spent so much money and got no appreciation. "
18th Feb 2013 18:01
"As we know we was left with just 2. So is BR mad????"
18th Feb 2013 18:01
"There is not a manger on earth who would not want every great player in their team. Thank God we have a pragmatic one who is looking to create his own superstars and understands the business aspects of modern football. Some fans expect owners to do what they would never do; which is throw money around with no care, cont... "
18th Feb 2013 18:01
"Or has he been made to look stupid?????"
18th Feb 2013 18:03
"Not mine so certainly not claiming it- 'hey Ho Coutinho, he cost 10 million from the San Siro, he came to Anfield to score some goals, he's even better than Fer-na-ndo' like it! "
18th Feb 2013 18:04
"Why do some fans expect a club to be run on different principles to other businesses. We would never jeopardise our families or loved ones lives by making daft business decisions, but we expect our owners to do so. We would not think twice about changing jobs if it benefited us or our families but fans expect players, managers and owners to do things we would never do, cont.."
mushroomscouser67
18th Feb 2013 18:06
"Carra should replace Pascoe. No matter how the season ends."
lpdcollier
18th Feb 2013 18:07
"Article on SSN, where he believes we will have a strong finish to the season after that Swansea win and maybe even finish top four. I know you can only beat who is in front of you, but really??? A depleted Swansea team and now he thinks we are top four contenders again. I am not a fan of FSG, but looking at the season as a whole it has been BR who has let us down, Cont"
18th Feb 2013 18:07
"That is why if I was an owner of a football club I would have my plan and stick to it through thick and thin. If our owners believe in buying youth with a smattering of older heads, so that we only buy players with a sell on value, then so be it. That is their prerogative, cont... "
lpdcollier
18th Feb 2013 18:07
"he has been given the resources and has set us back. "
18th Feb 2013 18:09
"GT-LFC. Got to agree re the blinkered comment. My beef isn't with the spending, it's not to do with players in- its to do with having owners who respect Liverpool Football Club. Not showing for the Hillsboro memorial service was the start of it for me. That was disgraceful- and was the start of FSG 'dis attaching' themselves IMO. Contd"
lpdcollier
18th Feb 2013 18:10
"Having a plan wether it is buying young players so they have a sell on value, IS this not the definition of a feeder club."
18th Feb 2013 18:11
"The lack of presence at any game this season by JWH, no permanent presence in L4, and the ground still as it was 2.5 years ago makes me form the opinion that either they've lost interest, or can't afford to see through what they started. #justmyview contd."
mushroomscouser67
18th Feb 2013 18:11
"If we couldn't give a legend like Dalglish a chance and so called fans were happy to put the hatchet in Dalglish's back,given kennys last season was far more successful than this,then those same fans who call for BR to be given a chance are utter trash. Its about the results. Personally ,BR, and his son, make my skin crawl. "
18th Feb 2013 18:12
"Thank God our owners seem to be minded and won't sucb to mad fans and I include myself in this category, and will stick to their plans. I like the way they jettisoned KK without too much fanfare and disregarding the furore it may have caused. I knew then we had lions and not mice in charge of LFC. "
18th Feb 2013 18:13
"Rushjob- Bang on. That comment I have put on here,is actually what BR said(re strikers) so is he calling himself a nutcase or was he let down? Re hillsbro That's why I have a massive respect for Raffa,not so much football wise,but for the love he showed for Liverpool as a whole."
18th Feb 2013 18:13
"I believe ( and am neither right nor wrong) that we deserve owners that sleep, drink, eat, and breath ALL that is LFC. Owners who put every single ounce of energy into returning LFC to our place at the pinnacle of football. That's my beef with FSG cos the only thing consistent in their 'stewardship' is that they've been inconsistent. FSG out."
18th Feb 2013 18:16
"Backing a manager isn't just about Money."
18th Feb 2013 18:17
"And as I posted earlier- I have heard rumours, and only that, that they are gearing us up for a quick sale, and that it'll happen with speed and little fuss. WE NEED COMMITTED OWNERS, not stay away franchisees (IMO)."
18th Feb 2013 18:19
"Think about it- we've gone from the gorgeous Linda (JWH's missus) tweeting the lyrics to LFC songs, to them not visiting Anfield since May 2012. Something just doesn't stack up. Since they sacked KK- they haven't been seen since.?"
RyanJ-LFC
18th Feb 2013 18:21
"Carragher has to be in the coaching set up. He's far to good to let slip. "
Billy B girl
18th Feb 2013 18:21
"Rushjob - hope your info on FSG quick sale is right but wouldn't it be in our interest as fans to know who they are selling to ?"
*REDOPIUM*
18th Feb 2013 18:22
"KD got 33m from FSG. BR got 50m if thats not backing tell me what is."
scousemolby96
18th Feb 2013 18:22
"BR please own some mistakes in an interview with the Echo and then beg your heart out for the 12th man to play on Thurs, THE FANS... You don't know us yet mate...try it and see...YNWA JFT96"
18th Feb 2013 18:23
"JWH 'promised' upon purchase to 'engage' and 'communicate' with the fans:-1 apologetic email after the August debacle! He said that he 'understood' the failings of the previous regime, and that communication was the key. Silence. Everything he said that charmed me when they bought us, he hasn't done. None of it. #bull5hitter"
scousemolby96
18th Feb 2013 18:23
scousemolby96
18th Feb 2013 18:23
scousemolby96
18th Feb 2013 18:23
18th Feb 2013 18:24
"Rushjob, if you are craving for an owner who breaths, eat etc then we should find a Liverpool born fan to buy the club. My brother your thoughts although noble are old hat. Look at Manure, Chelski or Man City, the most successful clubs recently all owned by either people who view their clubs as toys or as in Manure case a business, cont.. "
18th Feb 2013 18:25
"Billy b girl- Don't get excited. It's is maybe just rumours. Like I said, don't shoot the messenger. I've heard it for a few persons that's all I'm saying. 'If' it was true, as if they'd communicate it to us! They'd have to give a stuff to do that. #footballwithoutfansisnothing "
18th Feb 2013 18:27
"I understand your sentiment but not your rationale. Its like some fans crying out for Carra to be manager or assistant, why? Do some fans really believe that playing for a club with distinction means a shoe in to become a great manager. I pray that when SG finally hangs up his boots he goes as far away from LFC as possible and retains his legendary status, cont... "
18th Feb 2013 18:28
"Buddha 1824- who's owners go to the games, are present to make decisions, and show the fans through being there that they are committed. My views aren't old hat. They are simply the minimum that I expect from owners of our club. Ad to be fair to the owners in your example, their actions back their words up. A poor example Buddha am afraid. "
18th Feb 2013 18:30
"I never want to see him risk it all for a stint as our manager and it all went pear shape and ruined his legacy. Look what happened to KK and many more great players. I want SG and Carra to do what Bobby Charlton has done and be ambassadors. We fans are mad mad mad!!!"
18th Feb 2013 18:32
"Buddha- you know what I'm getting at I can tell. If I could carry in this debate I would- but my sons jujitsu beckons. FSG are 'having us off' its so clear to see. Remember- Roberto Martinez would rather stay at Wigan for a perennial relegation fight than work for FSG. Says so so much to me that. Come on Buddha- open those intelligent eyes. "
18th Feb 2013 18:39
"Rushjob, all I want from my owner is for them to have a plan, back their manager, and keep our club afloat. They are doing great on all fronts. The fact they have been quiet is good for BR to be the voice as he should be. Would you rather a Dave Wheelan or Mandaric type owner, I don't. "
18th Feb 2013 18:42
"So if FSG are backing BR,that means BR must be a nutcase then as per BR's statement before the August window closed."
18th Feb 2013 18:44
"So all you want is our club being kept afloat. Am sorry, but with the money that I spend each season on LFC, I have a little more ambition than that! Owners whose sole interest is LFC is what I want- cos whilst we are part of a Franchise- we'll never be the club that we desire. FSG (over and) OUT! "
Billy B girl
18th Feb 2013 18:44
"Rushjob - don't worry I know it's only hearsay. I have just emailed FSG and will let you know if I get an answer. "
You Cant Keep Us Quiet
18th Feb 2013 18:47
"Shame then that you paid £5million more for Allen than you did for Coutinho who has done more in one game than Allen has ALL season"
mushroomscouser67
18th Feb 2013 18:50
"The owners have done nothing wrong? They misled Broughton on the timescale of a new stadium and then binned off £80m worth of stadium development.No doubt to make the give away sale price of £300m easier for Broughton to swallow in the face of higher bids. Still, as of today, there is zero commitment to a stadium or expansion. People either are ignorant or have short memories."
18th Feb 2013 19:08
"Let us rejoice in the fact we are assembling a team to make a difference. We have a manager who showed on Sunday that he is prepared to take risks and that is all we need. I implored BR to start Coutinho and he did. We are on the march and we should all be happy. "
18th Feb 2013 19:13
"Rushjob, read my post. Keeping us afloat is just one of my wishes. I am sure you realise how close we came to losing our club due to mismanagement and you are also aware of other clubs going bankrupt. Our owners are doing a great job in backing BR and they have plan so I am good...."
*REDOPIUM*
18th Feb 2013 19:22
"remember PC is only 20yrs stop building him up like we do in this country only to knock him down twice as fast,he done well for 60mins v swansea."
ANI-ROAD-08
18th Feb 2013 19:25
"I am with Rushjob and most others with FSG. Get them out! Funny how it's always the same person arguing with the majority #troll"
liverpoolsuperfan
18th Feb 2013 19:31
"hope carra stops need somone who is from liverpool on the managers side"
5*red
18th Feb 2013 19:39
"br talks like a pollation acts like one to sneeky little con man 4 sure open your eyes peaple worst season 4 80 years"
18th Feb 2013 19:42
"Ha ha, Ani, you can't resist can you. If you noticed Rushjob and I are having a debate without rancour. If you can't maintain the healthy spirit in which we are discussing then be quiet and annoy someone else. "
18th Feb 2013 19:47
"Buddha- So could you do me the great honour of answering my comment with regards to BR's summer window comments.As you seem to know everything about FSG,what happened? Is BR therefore a "nutcase"?"
Lfcamms
18th Feb 2013 19:47
"I8brendan did you ate all of him."
18th Feb 2013 19:47
"Ani, I have just looked at your very lengthy tirade on the Stevie link, my God you do hold unto things don't you. Brother seriously chill, you will give yourself cancer. Nothing on here is that deep. You can debate without getting emotional, try it, its healthy. "
18th Feb 2013 19:50
"GT-LFC, no doubt BR thought he was getting Dempsey and FSG was willing to oblige. But Fulham got upset and accused us of tampering which we actually did do and they raised the price. FSG refused to be held to ransom but unfortunately we had decided to let AC go, not forgetting it was BR that didn't want him, cont..."
18th Feb 2013 19:53
"FSG, main problem in the Dempsey deal was naivety. They assumed that once they agreed a fee for a player it would stick, but then Spurs came in and it was all bets off. Then FSG found out too late that its better to get your players in first and then allow others to leave. Naive, but they learnt now..."
18th Feb 2013 19:58
"Buddha- Fair enough comment,with regards to them being naive in that situation,but it did make BR look a little silly as well. Just hope that if they are staying,they sort out their targets sooner and back BR FULLY otherwise he could end up in inst!tutionalized. LOL"
18th Feb 2013 19:59
"Typing stutter just insutionalized not in in"
18th Feb 2013 20:02
"Whats going on inst!tutionalized. forgot no mamory reference.That was hard work"
18th Feb 2013 20:04
"That's part of the problem their lack of knowledge with regards to "soccer""
G3RR4RD1
18th Feb 2013 20:19
"Doe bah you come across as a great Liverpool fan..........do everyone a favour and stay off this sites. I don't. Want to hear about your right to voice your opinion because. Nobody's interested in it. Br will take this club back to the top....wait and see....have patience "
18th Feb 2013 20:22
"M'scouser 1850. Great comments. Buddha- you know as well as I that the mighty Liverpool Football club deserve owners that don't feel the need to have to justify their very lucky ownership of our club to a load of rounders 'fans'. Sir Bob and Bill would be turning in their graves. It's an insult to you, it's an insult to me, and it's an insult to every single Liverpool fan throughout the world. "
18th Feb 2013 20:25
"Billy b girl- been there done that. Even tweeted JWH and reminded him what he said when he bought us, and if he could explain to me why he'd done nothing that he said. Silence. Zero response. 'Engage with the fans' my ar5e....."
18th Feb 2013 20:26
"GT-LFC, you only have to look at the signings BR has made to know that FSG are behind BR and LFC. The recent acquisitions of both Sturridge and Coutinho shows that they have the right passion for us. They are prepared to back BR judgements and we all should be happy for that"
Lfcamms
18th Feb 2013 20:33
"Good 2nd window but poor 1st window for BR."
18th Feb 2013 20:37
"Rushjob, a history lesson for you my brother. I know you aware of the Moore brothers our previous owners, they were baseball fans by the way, lol and born in Manchester to boot. Sir John Moore was actually the Everton chairman whilst him and his family owned LFC, cont..."
18th Feb 2013 20:40
"Could you imagine if JWH was born in Manchester and had shares in Everton, you would probably call for his lynching. You see my dear friend not only did we accept in the past business men with questionable backgrounds but the Moore brothers were notoriously reticent, and were hardly seen anywhere cont.."
18th Feb 2013 20:41
"I know our clubs history thanks Buddha. You know the score. You're just too stubborn to admit it. History lesson! Big lol. "
18th Feb 2013 20:42
"the hypocrisy and I am not labelling you with this, was that because we were conquering all teams no one questioned our owners past or habits. The Moore brothers treated LFC rightly as a business and many promises that they didn't keep. But because we were winning no one questioned them, cont..."
18th Feb 2013 20:46
"Our owners got very when lucky that an enigmatic but unproven man or rookie as you call it, walked into LFC (sound familiar?) and turned around our fortunes. His name was Bill Shankly. If you are student of history as I am then you will see many similarities happening now, cont..."
18th Feb 2013 20:48
"So many fans like to romanticise the past and paint pictures so glossy that its hard to compare that era with now. But trust me, football has always been shady business and its only the advent of a 24 hour media that allows fans to be in more in touch with the shady business mechanisms, cont... "
LFC THRU THICK + THIN
18th Feb 2013 20:50
"KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BRENDAN. DESPITE THE FRUSTRATING INCONSISTENCIES THROUGHOUT THIS SEASON, THERE HAVE BEEN SOME GREAT PERFORMANCES. IF WE'D SIGNED DANIEL STURRIDGE IN AUGUST AND OUR DEFENDERS CUT OUT THE NUMEROUS ERRORS, WHO KNOWS WHERE WE'D BE SITTING IN THE LEAGUE ? COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS !!"
18th Feb 2013 20:51
"So Rushjob even in our so called glory days we were run by hard nosed Mancunian business men who had no compunction with owning Everton at the same time and were quick to earn a buck where ever they saw it and quite rightly so. So take off the tints and you will see nothing much has changed but the success on the field. "
18th Feb 2013 20:56
"I think its going to be an eye opener to a lot of our fans that our past owners were Mancunians and also owned Everton at the same time. Just as much as I love telling Manure fans that Matt Busby was once a great LFC player and was nearly our manager before joining Manure. I know a lot eh, lol"
18th Feb 2013 20:57
"Buddha- I saw first hand (through my her) the absolute internals of football in the 1980's so know all about 'the business side' of it. That was then, and this is now. And although your points are well made, it doesn't equate to 'owners' who say one thing, and just don't do it. Contd"
18th Feb 2013 20:59
"The very worst 'quality' IMO a human being can have is to not do something that they say they are going to do- cos it makes them a liar, a blagger, a bull5hitter, and as such persons then choose not to trust them. Me- I don't trust them cos so far they simply have not delivered. #blaggers #bull5hitters #liars "
*REDOPIUM*
18th Feb 2013 21:02
"where did liverpool originate from then guys."
18th Feb 2013 21:03
"F A T H E R (her) mods! Btw."
18th Feb 2013 21:04
"One more juicy tale for you folks. One of Matt Busby best friend in football was wait for it..........Bob Paisley, I kid you not, lol. Busby took Paisley under his wings when they played together for LFC, amazing huh....."
18th Feb 2013 21:04
"Erm, let me think- Everton??????"
18th Feb 2013 21:08
"Rushjob, are you aware that one of KK main gripes in his early managerial foray for us was that he had been let down by the owners on transfer dealings. Come on sir, we all know that making wild promises to appease the fans is as old as the bible. That is why you see so many players placed in unenviable situation will pledge the whole hearted allegiance, cont..."
*REDOPIUM*
18th Feb 2013 21:08
"cara was an evertonian also."
18th Feb 2013 21:11
"only to leave when a better opportunity comes around and then we fans laughably scream foul, why??? We make players, managers and owners sign up to things we would never accept in our working lives. Imagine if Suarez was to have said when he joined us that he knew he was too good for us but he wanted some adulation and when the time was right he would leave for a better club, cont.."
18th Feb 2013 21:13
"would we fans have said a I admire the chaps honesty, like hell we would. We would have tried to lynch him on ten first day. When we start a job, we fully expect the firm we work for to understand that if another offer comes along which is better for us then we will leave, but let a footballer try the same thing we enjoy and it traitor this and that, cont.. "
18th Feb 2013 21:17
"So that is why if I was an owner of our club, I would make decisions that was not based on the wants of emotionally deficient, hypocritical and plain illogical sets of people as most fans are. FSG must make decisions that suit their business model and it goes without saying that because its business they want it to do well, cont.."
18th Feb 2013 21:20
"And this is why I am very comfortable with our owners running the club as a business as its in their interest to make a success of it if they are to yield any dividends. So its a win win all round. I rest my case M'lud..."
18th Feb 2013 21:24
"Buddha- totally disagree. They can run it with the amount of errors that they have done so far cos with the new TV cash incoming its 6 numbers all around! These buffoons are on a win win. They'll make at least 100 mil even now- and sadly that's what I think they're about. 8 official apologies tells me they're chancers at best. "
18th Feb 2013 21:27
"If they don't sell up and the stadium redevelopment goes ahead etc, then no issues- ill eat the humble pie- they can do a Jordan Henderson on me (get it?!) but so far, it's just hot air. And presently Liverpool Football club remains built by shanks, and destroyed by yanks. That my friend is a sad, yet very real fact- just ask your friend Fernando- he'll tell you all about it! :)"
rotchie
18th Feb 2013 21:30
"aw krraa.app nancy just scored for manure"
davieso
18th Feb 2013 22:01
"still not convinced with rodgers but i suppose if we had sturridge at the start of season we would be challenging, that showed when we lost to west brom without him, we have no choice to give him benefit of the doubt because i think hes going to have at least one more season players and owners are partly to blame aswell for this season "
18th Feb 2013 22:05
"Davieso- BR wanted Sturridge in Aug, but FSG would pay the 15m- better to wait til Jan and our season as good as over then pay 12m! D'oh. "
davieso
18th Feb 2013 22:11
"rushjob- i knew that thats why owners a partly to blame, im hoping he succeeds i like his atude but sum of the desicions hes made during the season have been bad and why buy allen when we could have got diame - no drive n strength in midfield "
davieso
18th Feb 2013 22:17
"allen looks more like a jockey than a footballer"
18th Feb 2013 22:19
"Davieso. From what I've seen so far from Allen- he's no improvement on Spearing. However, I reckon he'll adapt- just needed other players over him in priority. "
18th Feb 2013 22:21
"Skrtel off in the summer. Bust up with BR after Oldham game apparently. "
davieso
18th Feb 2013 22:24
"i think spearing is better to be honest hes more productive and doesnt keep giving free kicks away in silly areas n ive never seen him play a fourty yard pass -too one dimentional"
Billy B girl
18th Feb 2013 22:33
"Well Skrtel off paper says Reina, Enrique off and Suarez and Agger will be 'taken off our hands' so where does that leave LFC. I tell you what I will be off too! Get shut of FSG and BR! Rafa Benitez for next Manager of LFC YNWA"
18th Feb 2013 22:36
"davieso, its hard to take you seriously when you mention Spearing in a LFC debate. If you like him so much I gather he is playing for Bolton right now and they need a few more fans, just saying, lol. "
davieso
18th Feb 2013 22:37
"shouldnt have got rid of adam either he was doing well until lucas got injured last year he got tackles in and could play a pass, difference between allen n adam is allens quicker but not productive adam is stronger and can play long passes "
davieso
18th Feb 2013 22:42
"rushjob- yes spearing is a average player but so is allen im affraid. no fans are happy with allen, dont think borini is going to be any good either just that italians have never really adapted to the premier league "
RealLonewar
18th Feb 2013 22:43
"FSG are just letting the club and manager get in with it, its actually a sign of humility that they dont need to be seen...I respect them for it, They have declared their intentions by saving the club, In June you will get your plans for the stadium and that will end that debate...FSG are great for us!"
RealLonewar
18th Feb 2013 22:46
"By all of doubting FSG you are disrespecting the Legend that is Dalglish's last wish from the supporters, He said support them, they are good for the long term future of the club and he respects their decision to relieve him of his duties and he fully understands the reasons why it had to happen... so why cant any of you understand it?"
RealLonewar
18th Feb 2013 22:49
"if the club keep its processes, Next season we will compete for the top 4, and the club will be proud of FSG... the plans for a revamped Ani road end and Main stand will be issued (filling in the corners too...) and you will see the pictures and all go wow... Exciting times..."
RealLonewar
18th Feb 2013 22:52
"To rushjob... wow I see you in a new light... you actually compared spearing to allen and you were serious.... There is not comparison, Allen is a fine footballer and will come to be a very good player for us, and spearing is a jack russel with a bit of passion... do you know he is not cutting it at championship level?? good players can make bad players look average...."
davieso
18th Feb 2013 22:52
"i appreciate what fsg have done they saved our club we could have been rangers n they have spent a lot of money on players to be honest but i think rodgers is here for the long term n fsg are been patient with things."
RealLonewar
18th Feb 2013 22:57
"hmmm italians not adapting to the premier league... Hmmm Di mateo was a great player, the best premier league goal ever scored was by Di Canio.... Borini will be fine for us, his movement is good so it should work out for him, you were all raving about allen in august and september... and he will be good again for us..."
davieso
18th Feb 2013 22:58
"realonewar- your not brendan rodgers himself are u? were enled to our opinions just hope allen comes good - 15m quid mate "
davieso
18th Feb 2013 23:11
"we all have opinions on players its part of the game some players make it some dont even established world class players can flop look at torres but when u start paying over the odds for players like carroll, borini n allen u worry "
18th Feb 2013 23:23
"davieso, I agree everyone has the right to air their views but when its outrageous as your Spearing comment then its open season on you sir. "
mabdi10
18th Feb 2013 23:35
"Patience. I BELIEVE IN LFC. Rise of the Lazarus!!! In BR I trust. S.t.f.u about sacking and selling and rumors and what if's and what not's... Support the team till the end of the season then make a rational decision about everything. PROUD TO BE AN LFC FAN!"
-LDW-
18th Feb 2013 23:39
"Buddha and Lonewar..shame on you! You have clearly not seen the recent assist that Spearing made to N'gog..absolutely World Class, it's true what they say..you don't miss something until it's gone. Come home Jay!"
Kingluis007
18th Feb 2013 23:47
"I like the attacking play but feel this manager has no idea of how a team should defend and man up! P****s me off when some people say get behind manager when we been gettin behing them for last 23 years. One saving grace being Istanbul , the fans used to get on paislys back sometimes. My point is why are fans who refuse to be patient not being true reds. "
Kingluis007
18th Feb 2013 23:48
"The club began its decline the day moors family took sole control and hired souness to take us down toilet. Years of well oiled running of football club ripped to shreds by money making rats. "
18th Feb 2013 23:49
"LDW, I have heard the astute manager at Bolton has simply told Spearing to pass to the opposition which has resulted in a 100% complete pass rate to his own team mates. I know, I know, if only KK had used this ploy. "
Kingluis007
18th Feb 2013 23:49
"Rogers was not the right man, not his fault. Unfortunately the FSG clowns have no idea how to run lfc so were *d ! Just give job to carra, he'll bring Carroll back, and 1 things certain we won't be a liability at back! SOS !!"
redahendo
19th Feb 2013 0:09
"It's just like the good old days. The three amigo's sanctimoniousness sermons and spearing slur. SAD."
ajp81
19th Feb 2013 1:20
"The true test of a manager is when things are going wrong. Too many times this season BR has looked clueless and made wrong calls with his subsutions. Added to that he doesn't seem able to adapt to the situation and change the team formation when needed. Managers like Mourinho and sadly Ferguson can and do and that is why they are successful and BR I fear never will be. "
harbin91
19th Feb 2013 2:53
"I was unsure about Sturridge and whether he was right for us, but he's silenced me completely. Him and Suarez are linking up fantastically well for such an early start together. I can see him being more than just a goalscorer for us if he continues to develop like that. Only bad thing against Swansea was that he could've had a hattrick. "
harbin91
19th Feb 2013 2:54
"Would love to see Carra back at the club in a return to recreating the bootroom and breeding new managers internally. Hard to find players dedicated like him. No idea why a Player/Coaching contract wasn't discussed."
Kopowneroneday
19th Feb 2013 3:05
"Everyone HOPES BR is the next Sir Alex. Ferguson won trophies before he even came to united. Like beating Real Madrid with Aberdeen! BR only has a 'philosophy' and tbh KK is better than him. I hope LFC beat Zenit and get top 4 but I'd rather have Rafa in charge because the Europa league was pointless in his reign & he didn't waste money on crap players. Good luck BR!!"
stuthebru
19th Feb 2013 3:29
"Middle Defenders coming forward has cost us this season,Cara doesant ,and has been playing as good as he ever did these last few games ,, WALK ON CARA WALK ON ,,YNWA"
redskinsfc
19th Feb 2013 6:05
"The many great teams of LFC had one thing in common, they hated losing. From the manager through to the players, they really didn't like it and the fans could see it. Somehow, we need to recreate this culture. We've become a really 'nice' team, lots of decent players who are well respected by others but we've lost that edge. "
redskinsfc
19th Feb 2013 6:06
"We settle for draws, we are not upset by defeats. This results in an inconsistency which becomes very difficult to shrug off. It started with Shanks, with Bob. It has to start with BR and soon. We are too articulate in defeat, too accepting of failure. There is a team in the league whos manager shows that 'grit' week in week out & they are top of the league again. Forever YNWA"
19th Feb 2013 6:17
"Lonewar- I compared the impact and effect that both had on the first team. That's my point. If we needed somebody who doesn't score, doesn't create, passes sideways, and generally has no effect on a game- we could have just kept Spearing and 15 million. I'd rather have kept Spearing and signed Sturridge in August for 15 million. All hail FSG- they saved 3 million. "
19th Feb 2013 6:20
"Strangely, for the so called 'students of the game' on here- Spearing is doing really really well at Bolton- they just will not be able to afford his 30k a week wages, so he'll be back. Spearing and Sturridge for 15 million, or just Joe Allen- ill leave you to try and put some spin on that question. FSG out. "
Usijayboi
19th Feb 2013 7:01
"Most of our wingers are not prolific in front of goal like Assaidi looks. Try him on the left. Time to let go of Borini, his entire body is fragile...YNWA!"
ANI-ROAD-08
19th Feb 2013 7:20
"Rushjob. Leave the trolls to it pal. They are bored loners on a wind-up seeking LFC site to argue with others. They love to diasgree with the majority as it gives them a name on here. Sad really, I giv up on em"
ANI-ROAD-08
19th Feb 2013 7:26
"I spend half hour a day on here and get out what I need to say in one post. Just happens to be in a form of an essay. I am not the one every day, every artice. Even looked back on Christams Day, Nw Years Eve, Valentines Evening there is he was the sad loner after his attention. "
ANI-ROAD-08
19th Feb 2013 7:26
"So the odd essay is quite a contrast from soemone who every day comes on here with the emphasis of preaching and telling how LFC fans are deluded. Classy. Would this big opinionated man/woman or whatever meet for a beer? no! He's a coward behind a keyboard. right, get ready for work. Have a nice day all. Including you Buddha"
RealLonewar
19th Feb 2013 8:17
"Hey rushjob, I understand your thinking about allen/spearing.. but allen was and is integral to our passing game and that is why he was bought, it ups the standard of training and Allen will be a very very good footballer! Spearing is at his right level... championship, would he get into ANY other premiership side... NO - Allen would.."
19th Feb 2013 8:20
"Allen was bought as a training aid, couldn't we havwe just bought some cones HA! HA HA HA!"
RealLonewar
19th Feb 2013 8:25
"to Rushjob, I would also have prefered to get sturridge in the summer and still move spearing on, maybe it would have been time for Stevie G (until Lucas was fit) to play the deep position instead of where allen played (out of position) and maybe suso should have been behind the strikers? but I do get were your coming from!"
KINGOFCLUBS
19th Feb 2013 8:29
"We would definitely be in the top 4 if we had had Sturridge from the start of the season and Lucas had been fit. Granted, Allen and Borini have not justified their price tags but we need to stick with them - remember Lucas! For me, Downing needs to be moved on in the summer. Although he's been playing well of late he still lacks that extra bit of quality/skill/pace."
RealLonewar
19th Feb 2013 8:31
"to GT-LFC ha ha, I am saying he raises the standard of training in a specific way, to effect the team in a specific way.. it was integral to developing our playing style, most fans just see the first 11 on the pitch, football is so much more than than, now sturridge has arrived, our defenders will get better as they now have counter his threat/movement in training...."
RealLonewar
19th Feb 2013 8:35
"I agree with downing too, time for him to move on, unless we are in Europe then maybe keep him for away matches as a squad/emergency player. Hendo for me is getting better, but again would he get in a top 10 side, and the answer is No, maybe in the future if he keep working as hard as he is, but I would be happy if he proved me wrong..but he is better than spearing..."
19th Feb 2013 9:06
"Lonewar-I know what you meant,I just couldn't resist.TBH I wasn't that impressed with JA when he was at Swansea and I can say the same about JH,but they are bothe fairly young.JH has been putting in decent performances and JA did at the start,so who knows what they will be..."
19th Feb 2013 9:09
"Onw thing is for sure BR should be applauded for dropping out of form players,including his own buys,as that is a very difficult thing to do.When you have spent good money on a player,to then drop them is not easy. IMO BR will get better and better if given the time.Stability is required"
19th Feb 2013 9:11
"But I am still not sure about FSG,I will wait until the summer for that one."