Comments

The day that Rafa left away was one of my worst days as a Liverpool fan... I hope to see him back.. With no disrespect to Kenny, I just think he was/is the man for us...
SotPap
20th Apr 2012 11:15
outatowna
20th Apr 2012 11:23
"Hear,Hear Kenny."
jayspearing63
20th Apr 2012 11:25
"bring him back then with some position in club "
ianrushthegreatest
20th Apr 2012 11:30
"Read into this what you like, could there be an opening for Rafa to return as Director of Football in place of Comolli? Another point, Xabi Alonso has said he has unfinished business at Liverpool FC."
Chucker
20th Apr 2012 11:32
"He'd make a good dir Kenny if that's what you're getting at."
Maccahathi
20th Apr 2012 11:33
"Thanks RAFA"
Yorkred
20th Apr 2012 11:33
"Kenny....praise is fine, game time in the 1st team for some of our youngsters is invaluable!"
Yorkred
20th Apr 2012 11:33
SweetSilverSeven
20th Apr 2012 11:34
"We'll always be grateful! YNWA"
REdAlieN
20th Apr 2012 11:42
"Kenny's right about this. ..there MUST be a place - whilst retaining Kenny as Manager, for Rafa at the club he loves , this man being out of footy is a waste of genius & a loss to OUR club!"
20th Apr 2012 11:48
"Ha ha Rushjob, I have no idea what you are talking about in the other section but I resent the implications. There is only me and can only ever be me, I am a one off. Also, I could sue you for plagiarism but they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I am glad that KD is echoing my sentiments about Rafa, whose stewardship does not receive the accolades it deserves"
LeivaPool84
20th Apr 2012 11:49
"yeah..soon rafa will replace you and you'll be sack king kenny..bring back rafa john..only you can make it true.."
osiris15
20th Apr 2012 11:53
"ianrushthegreatest I think you're right dude.Having Rafa back in the organization could only benefit.I've heard it argued both ways on some of his purchases but over at the en of the day he knows his stuff and genuinely loves the club.Between having him land some good players and bouncing some managing ideas of KK we would be unstoppable. YNWA"
FabulousFadz
20th Apr 2012 11:55
"And rightly so. Rafa did a lot for this club and I'm pleased to see that King Kenny has publicly acknowledged his work and legacy. I remember reading another such article on a different site but cannot recall which one. Without disrespect to King Kenny, I too would like to see Rafa back, I sense he has unfinished business, and after Kenny calls it a day, would love to see Rafa return."
FannyAdams
20th Apr 2012 12:04
"I recall Rafa getting slated after some poor results, same as Kenny, same as Roy. Some so called supporters need to get behind the manager ( and team )you have. You don't get the LFC job without a track record of achievement. For long term success you need stability."
nicksie
20th Apr 2012 12:10
"He might have put good people into run the acadamy, but also spent millions on lads from other clubs etc. We should be developing localds who cost nothing and develop them like Gerrard, Carragher, Finnigan, Spearing etc. Glad to see the backof Rafa, he was taking the club backwards"
NoOulBuck
20th Apr 2012 12:20
"There was a mad hunt to get rid of Rafa at the time...alot of the idiots on here were prob ging him off at the time. Rafa sold alonso remember?? and was gona replace him with Barry...no wonder alonso left would he play for rafa again?"
afshi120907lfc
20th Apr 2012 12:21
"Yap, I totally agree with you SotPap. Rafa is indeed the perfect man to be in the hot seat.he was not only looking after 1st team but also about academy as well. I really hope to see him back.Maybe he wants that too as he's not taking any job in the hop that he might get a call from the Owners..."
20th Apr 2012 12:26
"Its weird, but I have never thought of Rafa being the new Director of football, but it would be an inspired choice. He would be able to source players and help KD with tactics and training, whilst KD would be the ideal man manager. Remember KD was instrumental in bringing KD back into the fold so a quid pro quo would be apt and welcomed"
billy1971ynwa
20th Apr 2012 12:30
"I agree with many of the comment's there should be a position made available to rafa he is a true RED and can only be good for the club with his experience and input. In kenny we trust !!!"
colle9
20th Apr 2012 12:40
"I support Kenny, i think we play more attractive football, especially in the first half of the season. I respect Roy too, but it was just the wrong timing. I do think Rafa was great for this club and with a better budget and keeping mascherano,alonso,torres we could have dominated world footie"
goalie11
20th Apr 2012 12:41
"A position for Rafa - replace Comolli - whatever it is would only give us further success - but not replace KD - he is the man for the job and has delivered and will continue to do so."
colle9
20th Apr 2012 12:43
colle9
20th Apr 2012 12:43
Ravsta
20th Apr 2012 12:45
"Jimmymac6 - Rafa olnly sold Alonso because that was the only way he wa going to have money to spend that season. Hicks and Gillet and that snake Purslow ensured Rafa was managing with one hand tied behind his back. And nicksie Rafa's net spend averaged out over the time he was here is £13m a season. FACT"
Daqi
20th Apr 2012 12:49
"No doubt Rafa was a very tactical manager, the kind we need this time. The problem he hard during his last season with Liverpool was, apart from the ownership problem the club was having, he had problem with some good players and was about ruin there career by putting them on the bench..."
Daqi
20th Apr 2012 12:51
"...I think he has learnt his lesson with Inter and Madrid. I support him coming back by the end this season to replace Kenny. He heart is still with Liverpool. Let him come."
NoOulBuck
20th Apr 2012 12:55
"Rafa likes to work on his own, he wanted total control of the team. G&H wouldnt give him 15M to buy Barry...in hindsight he would of been a good buy for 15M. Although He screwed up with Alonso, mash always wanted to leave"
Wintheleagueagain
20th Apr 2012 12:59
"There is always room at LFC for Rafa. In what role, tile and capacity doesn't matter as we know he will contribute to add to our class even if he worked as a scout in another continent. "
dpoolguy
20th Apr 2012 13:01
"much respect to Rafa but if he's so brilliant why has he struggled to no.1 get a job,no.2 to keep a job,and i can't imagine him wanting to play second fiddle to anyone?"
NoOulBuck
20th Apr 2012 13:02
"Dont get me wrong Ravsta I like Rafa and even did when alot of LFC "fans" were looking rid of him. Some day he might be back but I'd be happy if Kenny was still here in 10 years time with 8-9 league les in the bag!"
Wintheleagueagain
20th Apr 2012 13:02
"Rafa with todays owners... now we understand why Rafa did what he had to do and stuck with his tactics. I used to get frustrated with draws, because I thought our team was better than that. Maybe Rafa just got the best out of what was on hand. EXAMPLE: See Torres at Chelsea..."
20th Apr 2012 13:02
"A lot is made out about Rafa relationship with players, overblown in my humble opinion. Masch, Torres, Carragher, Reina, Skrtl, Arebeloa, Kuyt, Agger are all on record praising the his unquestionable abilities. His relationship with Alonso faltered after he wanted to miss a pivotal game due to his wife's pregnancy, to a die hard workaholic like Rafa this was unacceptable and I agree."
20th Apr 2012 13:06
"Having watched Barry's seamless and unfussy performances for Man City, I am now of the opinion that he would have been an adequate replacement for Alonso. Indeed his attributes are different to the eye catching skills of Alonso - but his ability to be quietly effective shows why in a multi million assembled team, Barry is one of the first names picked. "
ToBeHonest
20th Apr 2012 13:07
"I may be reading too deep into this but it is strange it has come out now. After the recent visits of the Owners. Start laying the foundations for a quiet for the return of Rafa! Whatever his role working at Anfield would be a big plus. getting rid of the two guys recently has freed up some salary for Rafa in the budget! Lets do it! "
20th Apr 2012 13:09
"I also feel that if Aqua had been given his overdue chance at LFC, he had the abilities to eclipse the virtues of Alonso. He certainly had Alonso's passing skills and could be the metronome of any team but it was Aqua's superior attacking instincts and an eye for a goal that earmarked him to be a better player. Sigh, if only."
raheem31
20th Apr 2012 13:11
"You are ruining what Rafa has built. Why did Pacheco, San Jose and Insua leave? We are drifting further and further away from the Champion's League and the top of the Premier League. So that's progress at every level?"
KidOfKop
20th Apr 2012 13:15
"It'l be great combination of Rafa + Kenny"
metatron26
20th Apr 2012 13:16
"Liverpool FC make players better beyond any other club just look at the european cups being played right now they all have influential players who played for Liverpool. Real Madrid Xavi Alonso and Arbeloa Fakecelona mascherano Sporting Lisboa Insua (who scored) Athletic Bilbao San Jose Chelski Torres and meireles well thats about it we are the best and we are involved everywhere. YNWA from Bolivia"
ron23
20th Apr 2012 13:17
"Finished a close second to Manure in the league with our highest ever premiership points tally after improving our league performances literally year on year. Had an absolute world class spine to the team. Feared in Europe. One bad season later he was out. And some fans called for that. They listened to a press that didn't like him. Shame."
20th Apr 2012 13:18
"I'd be stunned if any LFC fan didn't realise that if Rafa had the funds KD had he would have utilised the funds far much better and we would have a team that would be competing at the very top right now. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see the miracles Rafa created with a hapless board and his remaining players we have still at LFC is true testimony to this"
Wintheleagueagain
20th Apr 2012 13:19
"Rafa back in some role at LFC would see top players attracted to us big time. Torres back with Rafa would score 2 or 3 a game. Perhaps Alonso but surely even Fabregas, and Messi would leave Barca to come to us tomorrow. Think about it Dalglish and Rafa! Mate..!!! "
ron23
20th Apr 2012 13:24
"People forget that at the time Rafa wanted to sell Alonso, he was up and down in form for two years (largely due to injuries) after an amazing first year. Juventus wouldn't/couldn't pay £16m for him and nobody else offered. One year later after he'd proved a point, we sold him for £30m. I'd have him back in a shot. But hindsight is a wonderful thing."
20th Apr 2012 13:25
"ron23, I couldn't agree with you more. Its man's greatest weakness to think the grass is greener on the other side only to have regrets when looking back. Take Chelsea and Mourinho. Benitez operated in a vastly superior premiership than what we have now. He was up against, Tevez, Ronaldo, Rooney at UTD, Henry, Fabregas, Van Persie and a younger Chelsea team and Mourinho, and we competed very well "
ChrisRico
20th Apr 2012 13:31
"It's a win win situation if Rafa replaced Comolli. The pro Rafa fans would kow that if Kenny doesn't perform next year, the the job will be his again and the pro Kenny fans will be happy that Kenny has another season to prove he can perform in the league "
20th Apr 2012 13:32
"If Rafa stayed, we would not only have kept Torres and Masch but we would have got Silva and that would have been a major coup. Lord only knows the other gems this man would have unearthed. So if there is a chance for Rafa to be assimilated into KD set up, I for one will encourage it. Come home Rafa, your club needs you."
ron23
20th Apr 2012 13:32
"Anyway, I agree! Get Rafa back! My only concern is that he's more a coach than a director. It was his skills as a tactician which gave us success although he did choose some wonderful players. Yes he bought some fairly weak players on the cheap but when he spent big, he spent well (Aquilani aside). But even Manure have bought some shockers. It happens."
EmySharko
20th Apr 2012 13:33
"i think , Kenny should be the director and Rafa as a head coach..there will be good for liverpool...and hope..Kenny give this youngster a chance in our next game...."
ChrisRico
20th Apr 2012 13:36
"Kenny brings good man management skills and is a Kop idol and Rafa brings tactical genius, non-bias towards British players and an eye for genuine talent. I wish we could merge them together!!!"
20th Apr 2012 13:37
"ron23, I think you do Aqua a disservice. The man is a gem and if only LFC would give him the platform to show his skills we will be waxing lyrical about him for years to come. You don't get to play for teams like AC Milan if you are a dud. I hope he finally gets to play one season for us - I guarantee that we will be shaking our heads at the lost years."
updareds9
20th Apr 2012 13:37
"rafa still feels like one of us, i would hate to see him at any other prem club. ynwa rafa"
bonney21
20th Apr 2012 13:37
"ianrushthegreatest dont tease us or yourself with that thought. That would be a dream! Hes currently playing CL semi finals... cant see madrid letting him leave unfortunately"
ChrisRico
20th Apr 2012 13:42
"The Kenny and Rafa love child....Rafa Kennytez!!!"
20th Apr 2012 13:45
"I miss the 2008/2009 team :("
shosaone
20th Apr 2012 13:46
"Can Rahewm get more games Kenny? You put so much faith in Hendo while neglecting Shelvey,Sterling etc. I just hope the get a fair crack of the whip the way the Liverpool lads & north east lads do under KD. Rafa had his favourites seems KD does also. Not fair really. Don't care how much you cost if you're not performing you should sit on the bench so you understand LFC standards"
ron23
20th Apr 2012 13:53
"Buddha - agreed! I have no problems with Aquilani and willed him on. The talent was there to see. I just meant that, ultimately, it was a transfer that failed. It was a shame, no doubt. And yes, people thought we'd be better off. To be fair it was the previous owners who sacked him. They sensed a storm and had the perfect excuse after a poor season in which he made it clear he didn't like them."
malloy1991
20th Apr 2012 13:55
"bring rafa back! imagine the team we would have had now if he was manager with all that money to spend last summer!!!"
RedFaust
20th Apr 2012 14:12
"Kind words f rom a gracious man. We will always love Rafa. That smile we finally got after they won the CL is enough to make you know his heart."
A34Q
20th Apr 2012 14:13
"Are ye all gone off ye're games or what? Its been years since we've had a Fowler,Owen or Gerrard coming through. All the players in the academy are all sold before they even get near 1st team. How long is the likes Pancheco at Liverpool?"
Tchelebi
20th Apr 2012 14:47
"Respect Rafa... You may get your chance, just be patient..."
HARMATTAN
20th Apr 2012 14:50
"i think Rafa can take us to the promise land faster than kenny, his 20 matches straight win confuse and assure me...... the truth is bitter REDS FUNSHOW +234-8032448788"
redrob2005
20th Apr 2012 14:58
"rafa should be given comolis roll or some other position as director of football we would get some class spanish players in go get rafa please YNWA"
EddieFelson
20th Apr 2012 15:34
"Rafa must come bach !"
Simpson2
20th Apr 2012 15:58
"Great to see Rafa getting some credit for the foundations he put in place. I am sick of reading the negative comments people make about him. Played Kenny!"
Jimmmy007
20th Apr 2012 15:58
"RAFA is a man for LFC... the only reason his last year was worst, because he was not given any money to spend and thats why he had to sell Alonso.. He is our man which will place us on our first PL le after 2 decades.. No DOUBTS... HE HAS THE VISION.. TACTICS ... BRAIN ... WE NEED U"
dunnyd1968
20th Apr 2012 16:14
"Rafa for Director of football maybe ?"
aklfc
20th Apr 2012 16:17
"One day in the future - Rafa please come back and finish your project. YNWA"
osebasa
20th Apr 2012 16:23
"buddha131313,I agree with your point that if Rafa had a quarter of the money KD threw away on non important flops,LFC would have won the EPL more than once.with the team he had we won all the best on earth:Barca,Realmadrid,Juventus,...,in those amazing nights of CL.now we are just a mid table team."
20th Apr 2012 16:29
"Ianrushthegreatest- You could be onto something there1"
20th Apr 2012 16:36
"Buddha, or shaking our heads at paying somebody 90k a week to pull out of tackles. Its all ifs and buts with Aquilani. The moral to that story is not to sign a player that isnt fit. Same with AC, it took him 8 months before he looked even remotely fit."
osebasa
20th Apr 2012 16:41
"Liverpool a team that won Barca,Intermilan,Realmadrid,...in their own backyards &supporters ,now suffering in the mid table ,fighting for a point against small teams,what a sad story.This happens when you have KD as a manager,and Carrol,Hend,Downing,Flanagan,Adam,Spearoing...as players."
20th Apr 2012 16:42
"Rushjob, what we can agree are not ifs and maybes is that so far KD buys are extremely questionable and with these players we are a mid table team at best. What is also factual is that the best performing players at LFC are overwhelmingly RAFA buys so it doesn't stretch the imagination to think of what would have been the likely outcome if Rafa had stayed. "
20th Apr 2012 16:44
"If Rafa had stayed is surely an if no?!!!"
20th Apr 2012 16:46
"Here's a clear warning to KD. If he doesn't play his strongest team which includes Maxi and Bellamy, then not only will Chelsea annihilate us but KD will have to answer some very searching questions. No amount of support from the likes of my good friend Rushjob will immune KD from the judgement of a board that has shown true leadership recently. "
20th Apr 2012 16:47
"I would hazard a guess that we would have no Daniel Agger, Glen Johnson, and probably Stevie G, we would probably have finished 3rd or 4th, defo no Carling Cup, defo no FA Cup Final and we'd all be on here wingeing about totally boring football, zonal marking, and a manager who gives as embarrasing interviews as the current one.!!"
20th Apr 2012 16:50
"What is also factual is that the best performing players in Istanbul were overwhelmingly Houllier buys. I ask the question, what did we win with any team of RAFA buys????? Cos IMO for every Jordan Henderson, there's a Josemi!!!!!!"
20th Apr 2012 16:50
"I'm very happy that even with our winning a cup that really doesn't justify the money spent, that our owners are not going to allow a cup run to paper over the obvious cracks. By all accounts the owners have told him that this season is unacceptable and their firing of DC is message that KD best heed. One more season to get it right or so long and thanks for the memories."
20th Apr 2012 16:53
"Buddha- 'by all accounts'? Are they the same accounts whereby KK said what was discussed was private, and shall remain that way. Is 'by all accounts' actualy just what you are guessing may have been said amigo?"
20th Apr 2012 16:53
"osebasa, I still have the recorded game against Real Madrid when we put them to the sword. No team in Europe including Barcelona wanted to be pitted against us. We were a force and team to be reckoned with. I am sooooo happy that the board will not tolerate another season like this, eveb if we win FA cup, so I am ready to be patient and see what KD does. "
20th Apr 2012 16:56
"Rushjob, I accord you with a modi of common sense so even you would know that the firing of DC said everything they wanted to say. We can safely assume they are not happy and they certainly were not telling KD "what a great season you are having son" as there would have been no reason to fire DC if all was honky dory. "
20th Apr 2012 17:00
"Never forgotten the quality of the job made by Rafa Benitez YNWA"
20th Apr 2012 17:01
"Also Rushjob, you will agree that some of your views are not based on facts but on a self proclaimed illogical outlook on events. I can certainly guarantee if KD does not get CL football next season then the owners will let him know very loudly where to go. No amount of domestic cup wins are going to deter the chop. "
20th Apr 2012 17:01
"Did we get an answer as to what a RAFA team won, cos im struggling....."
20th Apr 2012 17:05
"With a slip of the tongue by calling us a franchise our new owners showed their intentions. They know nothing but CL football will yield the kind of dividends they expected from such a huge outlay. I welcome this pressure on the manager as it will entail him having to maintain a standard and not pretty football"
20th Apr 2012 17:06
"Opinions can be factually based (as a number are, or based otherwise) as you do Buddha. You have your views, I have mine. As ive said many many times, neither of us are right or wrong. You may feel 'righted' if Kenny fails and gets bulleted, and I may if he succeeds. It matters not though what you or I think."
20th Apr 2012 17:08
"I have zero facts based on what has been said between Kenny and the owners, as Kenny said, its private. People craving for Rafa are probably the same people who clambered for Kenny! Stability is whats needed- and trophies. So far KK is delivering both!"
20th Apr 2012 17:10
"I too welcome pressure on the manager. Defo. Its healthy in any business. But with pressure comes expectancy, and to deliver, support is required. Which again, as Ive said many many times, put personal preferences aside, and support ALL that is LFC, from the tea lady upwards!!!!"
20th Apr 2012 17:15
"Rushjob, lets deal with facts. You asked what did Rafa win, he won the CL and FA CUP. Then he won 4 top four spots which in itself is a far greater win than a Carling cup and yet to be won FA cup combined. We both know the owners will swap the cups won by KD for Rafa's stats, hence their firing of DC. "
gillyr
20th Apr 2012 17:20
"I agree it was a sore day when rafa left, one bad season is not the way to go to sack a very good manager. He'll always be remembered,the one who gave us the greatest world class victory in champs lge final and who played awesome tactical football in, fact. Thanks Rafa."
20th Apr 2012 17:40
"Incorrect, I asked what a Rafa team won, cos applying your logic Buddha, Istanbul was a Houllier team! And although financially viable, apart from coming first (in prem) 2nd, 3rd, and 4th isn't winning anything. Your attention to detail is at best 'rusty' after your sabbatical Buddha!"
4546748449494uyg2
20th Apr 2012 17:47
"A great man and manager Rafa Benitez. Made History."
4546748449494uyg2
20th Apr 2012 17:50
"Rafahas publicly stated in interview that Xabi Alonso repeatedly failed to show up for training following the birth of his child. Champions league games were imminent and Xabi was not showing up for training. Xabi got the same from his boss as anyone else would. The boot."
20th Apr 2012 17:52
"Come on Rushjob, you know coming in the top four is considered winning something and this will be born out if KD doesn't get top four next year and he is fired. You seem to have conveniently forgotten Rafa's FA cup win with his own team, which as it stand now is more than what KD has won. "
20th Apr 2012 17:55
"Anyway, Heeding Rushjobs call to arms, we shall support our team in the next coming weeks all the way to the final. I just hope for Rushjob and all that ask for this blind faith that its justified by KD showing that he has learnt from what can only be described as not a stellar season."
4546748449494uyg2
20th Apr 2012 17:58
"The CL only pays big revenues if you get to the semis, when the outlay on the required players is accounted for. The priority isn't getting our manager out, the priority is getting FSG to buy a new stadium. And the revenues and status that come with a new stadium. "
20th Apr 2012 18:01
"DC carried the can for KD. We know the players bought are KD's as his continuing to play them regardless of form points at favouritism. History has shown when a player is fostered on a manager and there are bad results, the players in question are dropped. Ask Maxi or Shelvey what it feels like not being the managers buys. There will be no more chances if he doesn't change"
4546748449494uyg2
20th Apr 2012 18:03
"Of course Rafa didn't have to deal with the investment Citeh or Spurs have made...but that's just a minor detail."
Genius8fab
20th Apr 2012 18:14
"Ravsta Well said dude. Some of the fans think Rafa was mad when he sold Alonso but what they dnt realise is that it was nt his wish to sell him. The owners were crap and didnt want to invest in new players and so Rafa was asked to sell some players to get funds to buy crap replacements. Bring back Rafa as assistant or something. YNWA"
GT-LFC
20th Apr 2012 18:27
"buddha me old mucker. You seem to have a lot of inside information.How do you know who the Transfer buys were down to? Also hate to point out that out of the 2006 fa cup(known as the Gerrard final,not a raffa buy) team only 4 players were Raffa buys.I liked Raffa but the football,08-09 aside,was boring.Had to point this out as you do like to pick holes in every pro KK comment.;)"
GT-LFC
20th Apr 2012 18:30
"also buddha i think you read to many newspapers."
20th Apr 2012 18:32
"Finishing in the top four is considered winning something. Since when? And in Arsenals trophy cabinet for the last 6 years is..... Zilch, zero, squat. Buddha, youve beaten yourself in your own argument LOL! Man, I've missed you!!!! Xxxxx"
20th Apr 2012 18:36
"Rushjob, In football, part of the fabric of being successful is by winning trophies consistently. However in modern football today, 4th is considered more attractive than winning a cup lie the Carling Cup. I bet you Chelsea will trade potentially winning the FA Cup, for CL footie next season. cont."
20th Apr 2012 18:38
"Although nothing should beat a good day out at Wembley, watching your heroes lift the cup. And history only remembers the winners. Champions League football offers a bigger package than finishing outside of it and winning domestic cups...unfortunately."
20th Apr 2012 18:41
"Tbh, if someone offered me, to take away the Carling Cup..for 4th..i'm sorry, but I'll do more than bite their arm off. We can get into the CL, buy quality players..then win the FA Cup and the CC regularly, as we will have strength in depth. Isn't that a plan. As for Arsenal, well I'd rather be in our position than theirs."
20th Apr 2012 18:48
"Ha ha, GT-LFC, read my posts properly and you will see why it should be clear to even you who bought the players. And the smoking gun and the piece de resistance my friend are the very words of your main man KD, not only did he confess to buying them but his blind playing of them should tweak even the most incurious of fellows. I thank you. "
20th Apr 2012 18:48
"LDW. You don't want much do you! IMO finishing in the top four carries no honour, and thus is not classed as winning (unless you win the prem) IMO Liverpool FC is about winning trophies, always has been, always will be. Have a great weekend!"
20th Apr 2012 18:52
"Rushjob, there you go again, negating logic to make a passionate point, lol. LDW correctly points out that winning in modern day football is not just about trophies, the significant importance of CL has put paid to that archaic notion. Ask any top manager in the league a choice between any domestic cup and top four and we both know the answer. I rest my case. "
20th Apr 2012 18:53
"And GT-LFC, I fear you read too few papers...."
20th Apr 2012 18:56
"LOL Rushjob, I'd love LFC to be able to do both..but let me ask you this quick question. Would you prefer to be in the Champions League consistenly..helping the club boosts its finances, so we can improve the squad, facilities and help with the Stadium issue..or would you prefer we just be getting a bit too cosy with the likes of Stoke and Norwich..whilst winning a cup here and there?"
20th Apr 2012 18:56
"consistently*"
20th Apr 2012 19:01
"And also GT-LFC, Whilst only 4 Rafa actual buys played in the FA cup final, I also give credit to a manager who finds different positions for players and gets the best out of them, so I include SG and JC as Benitez players as they certainly bucked up with his promptings. So there.. "
GT-LFC
20th Apr 2012 19:02
"buddha-Once again failed to answer my question,Or failed to read them properly,with regards to the signings that you claim Raffa won with.4 players in the 2006 fa cup were raffa signings."
20th Apr 2012 19:05
"I don't like to praise other teams on here, as its known to be breaking one of the 11 commandments. But I've been to the Emirates, twice, a superb stadium, IMO better than Wembley. And the next game I went to after that game was a Villa-LFC at Villa Park, and it almost seems like I went back in time, in terms of facilities and services. This is why I want CL for LFC.cont.."
20th Apr 2012 19:08
"LDW, let me answer for our friend Rushjob, He believes that anyone who leaves LFC and turns up at a team of mercenaries is a judas, except of course KD. And even though being in the top 4 represents financial security winning the Carling cup takes us back to the halcyon days when we were winning trophies, never mind they were League and CL trophies, a trophy is a trophy."
20th Apr 2012 19:10
"The owners are stalling with the stadium, it almost seems like they are waiting for CL, until they make any announcement on the stadium. and with the CL dishing out big sums of money, plus the money from TV, Standard Chartered and the new kit sponsor (forgot the name), we will be able to have the fund ready for a new stadium, getting the permission is a different matter..but' we'll be ready."
BlackSwan
20th Apr 2012 19:10
"Rafa did so many wonderful things for this football club. We should always be grateful for that."
GT-LFC
20th Apr 2012 19:11
"buddha-I think that is known as clutching at straws"
20th Apr 2012 19:14
"Utd make 64million more than us annually in terms of stadium income. As for players, It'll be interesting to see what quality players KK can buy without CL footie..that's why I see him, sticking with his policy in buying players like Victor Moses, Hoilett etc. young british players with potential and a re-sale value. "
20th Apr 2012 19:15
"That's why CL is vital, we need the Hazards of this world to be strutting their stuff at Anfield. Not City or Utd. Ight, that's enough from me..I'm going out. Adios my fellow kopites."
20th Apr 2012 19:18
"Oh yeah and before I go. Let me stop someone telling me Hoilett is not British..I know..he's Canadian..but you get my point."
REDLY
20th Apr 2012 19:22
"Bring Rafa back as director of football stratergy "
GT-LFC
20th Apr 2012 19:22
"buddha with your clutching at straws,does that make Skrtel and Lucas KK buys?.They were not very good players under Raffa"
cordoso
20th Apr 2012 19:24
"rafa was a top manager for us, and i thought he would be the one but he wasn't. he has been a true red and is always welcome if the owners decide to bring him back in some capacity.kenny is the man and has my support until the end of next season as he deserves that."
20th Apr 2012 19:29
"Buddha, a trophy is a trophy. Look at our honours list. That is what IMO LFC is about. LDW, you describe champions lge football, new stadium etc as what we require, but previously state you'd rather be us than Arsenal? Make your mind up. Are you with Buddha's Rafa loving, European qualifying army, or Kenny's? A simple enough question."
zamakhshari
20th Apr 2012 19:34
"Honestly, first time of hearing Kenny praising Rafa...He is offloading some of Rafa's buy like nobody's business in favor of players like CHAD...MAXI and KUYT warm the bench as if their existence depends on it."
20th Apr 2012 19:36
"Buddha, I see you pull the Kenny left for Blackburn one out of the hat to deflect the fact that you've beaten yourself in your own argument. Yawn. Zzzzz. Apply your logic to other situations, and behind your intellectual use of the English language, your points fall flat on their face! Comical. Chelsea are on in the champs lge Tues- don't forget to tune in now!."
GT-LFC
20th Apr 2012 19:38
"buddha-Just pointing out how easy it is to be critical and pick holes in every manager.I dont agree with every KK decision but i support them as he is our manager and believe it or not he is LFC through and through.Not talking about blind faith either(although they were a great group)"
20th Apr 2012 19:41
"Ok, this is definitely the last posts from me. Rushjob, yes I did say I prefer to be us than Arsenal, but what I meant by that was at this moment in time, because we can potentially win two cups and they will win nothing, and maybe not even secure CL footie."
20th Apr 2012 19:41
" However, I envy them at the same time, because although I sjust said they may not secure CL, they will..and I wish we could be where they are..along with the two domestic cups."
20th Apr 2012 19:42
"Oh and btw I follow neither. I will start my own Rikjaard army loool."
20th Apr 2012 19:46
"LDW, bet you post again tonight! Go on resist, see if you can. I'll give you 10 mins. It's like a drug, drawing you in.... Fight it.! "
20th Apr 2012 19:52
"Rushjob, I admire your ability to make a point without making one. Its clear that you are not going to budge on what winning is in modern football. To you its a shiny ornament and the fact that all top managers fight for the top four is lost on you. I will ask you a pertinent question in my next postings. "
20th Apr 2012 19:55
"Buddha, that's the same shiny ornament that you've claimed as Rafa's in 2005 and 2006! Man, you baffle me. You must be a Tory MP! LOL. Confused.com.:)"
20th Apr 2012 19:57
"Rushjob, lets look at Newcastle for example. If they pull off the stunning coup of a top four position, whose achievement KD or AP would be considered the greater win? even if KD (and I know you don't subscribe to "ifs) get the FA cup. I wager top players would go to Newcastle first and I am confident I know how our owners would answer this poser, lol. "
20th Apr 2012 20:00
"GT-LFC, of course I would subscribe to Lucas being a KD player if indeed he gets better performance out of him. Skrtl has always been top in my opinion. Its just not buying a player that makes them yours its how you utilise them, hence Guardiola getting credit for players that were there before him based on his usage of them. Get it now?"
TrebleChaser
20th Apr 2012 20:01
"Rafa for Director of Football. So long as King Kenny is happy and we dont get a Houllier / Evans situation. Would also mean Rafa being comfortable. If Rafa's love for the club goes so deep it could be a heavenly marriage Honesty, Integrity and giving credit where it is due is King Kenny's way - so shared glory for the graeter good of Liverpool Football Club. Awesome thought!!"
20th Apr 2012 20:06
"If that's the same 'top players' that jump ship the one season that another Newcastle come along, then you can shove it. I personally want players who genuinely want to play for LFC and not just for 6 appearances on a Tues/Weds eve. I guess it's my view on life. Money doesn't drive me, being happy does, and LFC winning 'shiny ornaments' makes me Happy. "
kagutsuti
20th Apr 2012 20:25
"sterling should play more until the end of the season, he deserves more than the bench"
20th Apr 2012 20:26
"Rushjob, if you read my posts I alluded to the fact that Rafa won the biggest cup, hardly a shiny ornament which the Carling cup is and I only mentioned this when you asked for his trophy achievements. I am stating for the record: its now known that a top four position trumps a domestic trophy. Granted there's a feel good factor to winning these trinkets but like Chinese food that soon dissipates"
kopite7171
20th Apr 2012 20:28
" LFC bring back Rafa to support King Kenny! Rafa picked up the phone and invited Kenny back in to the LFC family, and now kenny should do the same!!! I will sleep so well.... safe in the fact that these two LFC workoholics are back at my beloved club. Y.N.W.Alone both of you... Pick up the phone King Kenny."
20th Apr 2012 20:31
"In your opinion Buddha. Football is about winning, this, is a 'well known fact'. Not coming 4th. It seems to me that you and LFC fit, when we were winning everything, but maybe not anymore. This, I feel is where your frustrations really lie. As you've stated, you actually envy Chelsea's model- me, I detest it. We are just poles apart."
20th Apr 2012 20:34
"Rushjob, if the criteria for playing for LFC is deep affection for LFC then anyone born too far from the river Mersey is out. I admire that you think modern football is about fabled loyalties of yesteryear, even though players like Rush, Souness, Keegan and even KD left for pastures anew, but we won't spoil the poignant picture you are trying to paint and we shall pretend these virtues still exist"
20th Apr 2012 20:37
"If champions lge is your holy grail, then fine. I'm happy watching LFC have the most 'silver trinkets' in their cabinet over any other club in this countries history. I'll happily watch KK deliver silverware, you worry about how much money we have. I believe it is you, oh wise one who has truly missed the point. Off to eat a prawn cracker.... X"
20th Apr 2012 20:40
"Rushjob, Your point about me being about winning is lost when I have stated that I view us being in the top four as winning because we are then in a position to compete with the best. You on the other hand measures success on any trophy regardless of significance which is ironically what you accuse me of doing, lol. "
wellyit
20th Apr 2012 20:41
"why bring rafa back won cl with houliers players . then did nothing for years . bought a stiker then after he signed told him he did not want him hum. sold alonso hum . rather have alonso back please. lost links with accadamie "
GT-LFC
20th Apr 2012 20:42
"buddha dont try to talk down to me.You are clearly a different type of "supporter" to me.Get it now"
20th Apr 2012 20:47
"And also to my good friend Rushjob, if winning trophies is the be all and end all then DC is the first person I have known be sacked for success, lol. I think you will find if KD adopts your shiny domestic trophy philosophy, then he will be practising his golf swings a lot earlier than anticipated. Mark my words."
20th Apr 2012 20:55
"That ultimately is what you want isn't it Buddha. You want KK out. I bet it's hard for you to stomach watching the king lifting 'silver trinkets' as you call them. Your only real argument is the fact that we ain't in the top 4. That is all you measure success on it appears. The 'modern' football fan hey.... You can keep it. I'm happy singing about glorious cup victories thanks."
KINGOFCLUBS
20th Apr 2012 20:57
"Classic verbal jousting from the best of enemies Rushjob 'n' Buddha. Personally I'm not a Rafa fan but he definitely has the edge on tactics. He's waiting in the wings and I reckon he'll be back, I can see it now. Comolli has gone and now there's a gap to fill, does Kenny move into that space and Rafa back as manager or vice versa..."
KINGOFCLUBS
20th Apr 2012 20:57
"...One thing for sure though, is that Kenny must stay in some capacity, we need his positive spirit and his superior man-management skills."
wellyit
20th Apr 2012 20:59
"just add how close where chelski to getting stevie g because of rafas non commitment"
20th Apr 2012 21:10
"Kingofclubs. No Liverpool fan is an enemy of mine, but I struggle with Buddha's views as I don't know any other Liverpool fan who shares them. He does contradict himself and beat himself in his own arguments too, but that generally just makes me laugh. iPhone battery nearly dead from all Buddha's nonesense!!!!"
KINGOFCLUBS
20th Apr 2012 21:10
"Buddha...did you enjoy our Carling Cup win? Our semi-final victory over Everton? Did you celebrate? Go on tell us you did."
wellyit
20th Apr 2012 21:10
"rather see a player loyal to liverpool than a player loyal to cl eny day"
20th Apr 2012 21:11
"GT-LFC, not knowing how tall or short you are makes it impossible to discern whether I am taking down or up to you. Its probably best to allow Rushjob to put your points of view over as he understand that its a friendly joust. Chill. "
20th Apr 2012 21:15
"Rushjob, au contraire, nothing will give me greater pleasure than KD adopting a modern approach to management and adhering to the principles of playing in form players and not favourites. If he changes, I will be as hypocritical as most and state that I always knew KK was the man for the job. Alas, Its just I don't think he is going to change. "
KINGOFCLUBS
20th Apr 2012 21:17
"There is 1 or 2 Rushjob, as you know. A few more are probably now being created haha!"
20th Apr 2012 21:20
"Kingsofclubs, not only did I jump higher than most people, but I told anyone who would listen that KK army was on the rise. I actually chuckle at some of my KD put downs on here because put me in a room with another fan of a different club and they make the mistake of attacking KK then my claws come out. Fans eh? "
20th Apr 2012 21:23
"Kingofclubs, you have actually hit upon the perfect scenario for us. KK moves upstairs and Rafa comes back as manager. You my friend are a genius. "
Ericawesome
20th Apr 2012 21:26
"Should Kenny leaves for whatever reason, I hope Rafa will be back at the helm."
20th Apr 2012 21:26
"Big love Buddha! Always a pleasure, although I now have vibration white thumb from hrs of iPhone tapping. Got to meet up for an ale some day I reckon. T'would be interesting!"
KINGOFCLUBS
20th Apr 2012 21:27
"Kennys comments about Rafa is DEFINITELY a sign that he's coming back. FSG are big on youth development - Rafa brought in the guys still working there - Comolli has gone - Rafa brought Kenny back home and now Rafa needs a job! It's going to happen, I just hope they get the formula right!"
20th Apr 2012 21:41
"Rushjob, I concur my dear friend. I reckon you, Kingsofclub, LDW, Ani-Road, GT-LFC and many others should get a beer one day and leave the forum in peace for a few hours. I can hear the rest of the forum saying hurrah! "
20th Apr 2012 21:53
"We should pick a game and sort that defo."
20th Apr 2012 21:58
"I just stumbled across this and was genuinely shocked. In a poll taken with 4000 LFC supporters, more than 70% said they would want Rafa back at the expense of KD. its here, .liverpool-kop.com/2012/04/lfc-fans-tell-fsg-sack-dalglish-and.html"
20th Apr 2012 22:02
".liverpool-kop.com/2012/04/lfc-fans-tell-fsg-sack-dalglish-and.htm"
theuglynerd
21st Apr 2012 0:51
"Now is your time and responsibility to put them on stage........ "
spw211
21st Apr 2012 1:24
" Would love to see Rafa back as manager now with FSG as owners it would be brilliant. Obviously Kenny is the manager right now but if that changes Rafa is the man. "
Scousemorals
21st Apr 2012 1:26
"I don't mean any disrespect to the comments already posted, but the true test of a manger I feel is the work done when times turn bad. Rafa seemed to have a meltdown when we weren't winning, and took it out on players like Yossi who was a damn decent player. Hats off to that season where Torres almost got us the league though, when in form he had us challenge for the le, I remember it well."
flickboy7lfc
21st Apr 2012 2:14
"FORGET THE PAST .. WE SHOULD BE 1ST THIS SEASON CLEAR AS DAY.. 26 SHOTS ON GOAL A GAME ...NOT EVEN IN 2008/2009 DID WE HAVE THAT.KK IS THE RIGHT MAN TO GO FOWARD HE THINKS LIKE A LIVERPOOL STRIKER BRAKE THE DAMM NET AND MAKE US HAPPY...THE PLAYERS HAVE UNDER PERFORMED.."
flickboy7lfc
21st Apr 2012 2:16
"WHEN THE OWNERS COME OUT AND SAY BIG NAMES WANT TO COME THEN WE SIGN SUM KID FROM CREWE...LIKE I SAID 6 MONTHS AGO ..NO BIG NAMES ARE COMING..WE WILL BEAT CHEL$KE AND MAXI WILL BE 5-0..BUT.. WE SHOULD HAVE PLAYED MAXI MORE ..COATES MORE RETIRE CARRA "
flickboy7lfc
21st Apr 2012 2:18
"WE DONT NEED NO ONES ELSES JUNIORS WE HAVE OUR OWN WHO SCORE DAILY..BUT WE OPT TO BUY SOME CREW KID.. IS ECCELSTONE,NGOO,STERLING,WISDOM,SUSO NOT GOOD ENUFF?"
flickboy7lfc
21st Apr 2012 2:23
"OH AND RUSHJOB..YOU MIGHT NOT CARE ABOUT $$$$$$ AND ONLY THINK ABOUT LIVERPOOL WINNING THROPHYS ..BUT THE PLAYERS DONT CARE IF THE SEASON IS IN THE TOLIET AFTER ROUND 6 OR 8 SUAREZ COMES OUT AND SAYS SEASONS OVER..AS LONG AS THE CHECK GOES IN THE BANK AND THEY CAN BUY FERRARIS.. THATS ALL THAT MATTERS..THE OWNERS WONT BUY A NEW STADIUM ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH LOL.."
flickboy7lfc
21st Apr 2012 2:27
"THE WHOLE POINT OF THEM COMING IN WAS TO CLEAR THE DEBT AND BUY A NEW STADIUM..THEY GOT THE PERMISSION FROM LIVERPOOL COUNCIL BUT REALISED IT WAS 600MILLION TO MUCH..THEY THOUGHT MAYBE EXTEND ANFIELD..WE HAVE JUST SIGNED THE BIGGEST SPONSER DEAL WITH WARRIOR SPORTS TO REPLACE ADIDAS..(PLEASE DONT MAKE OUR JERSEYS LOOK LIKE YOUR LA CROSS SHIRTS YUCK!)"
flickboy7lfc
21st Apr 2012 2:31
"END OF THE DAY..I WANT KK, I WANT OUR PLAYERS TO PLAY IN THERE ORIGINAL POSITION, TO PLAY FOR THE CLUB,,THE BADGE,THE PEOPLE OF LIVERPOOL,THE FANS WORLDWIDE WHO STAY UP AT ABSURD TIMES TO WATCH THERE FAVORITE TEAM LOSE TO %^***$%$ WIGAN AND QPR AND THINK ITS OK..I WANT CARROLL TO FORGET ABOUT NEWCASTLE AND FOCUS ON BEING SCOUSE"
flickboy7lfc
21st Apr 2012 2:39
"ILL AGREE WITH THE OTHER POSTER..IF NEWCASTLE MAKE CL..HAZARD WILL JOIN THEM (FRENCH CONNECTION) EVEN IF HE SAID HES GOING TO TOTTENHAM...PLAYERS WORLDWIDE WANT TO COME TO LFC TO FEEL LIKE NO WHERE ON EARTH ..THE ANFIELD EXPERENCE..ASK ANY PERSON IN THE WORLD ..WHERE WAS THE MOST FEARED..IT WAS ANFIELD ASK ALL THE JUNK WHO GET PROMOTED EVERY YEAR..ANFIELD,,ASK BARCA REAL MADRID ...ANFIELD."
flickboy7lfc
21st Apr 2012 2:45
"END OF THE DAY..2 FINAL CUPS AND TO COME 14TH.. I DONT KNOW HOW TO FEEL...I FEEL HAPPY THEN THEY PLAY CARRA AND WE CONCIEDE SO QUICK..WE SCORE AND ANFIELD ERUPTS INTO LIFE ONLY TO GO QUIET 4 MINUTES LATER...I HOPE WE WIN EUROPA NEXT YEAR I HOPE WE REALLY GO FOR IT..SEND OUR JUNIORS TO EUROPA AND OUR 1ST TEAM TO WIN THE PREMIER LEAUGE!!"
ozopeter
21st Apr 2012 4:36
"KENNY + RAFA is a ZERO + ZERO"
wmraker
21st Apr 2012 5:24
"Rafa tq...but i prefer King Kenny anytime..I like the passion King shows . Rafa only sits & is stoic !"
wmraker
21st Apr 2012 5:41
"under RAFA LFC was formidable and boring .. The 2 cups he won with mainly Hollier players ..thats a fact . Alonso, Pepe ,Garcia were the only stand outs at that time ..till Torres came in.. Overall Rafa bought 4 great playeres ..and Mascherano is not one of them !"
Movaizer
21st Apr 2012 6:42
"Benitez back as Manager, Dalglish Member of Executive Board"
22nd Apr 2012 10:04