Please click here to download the latest version of Flash Player to view the match centre.
This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.
Liverpool have NOT bid for Mario Balotelli, claim AC Milan.
With Luis Suarez now just a 31-goal hole in the Reds' forward line Brendan Rodgers is believed to be keen to add a marquee name before the deadline.
A number of reports have put the bad boy Italian's name in the frame but while the interest may indeed be real, there is yet to be a formal offer tabled.
"At this time we have not received any offer from Liverpool for Balotelli," AC Milan club administrator Adriano Galliani said to Gazzetta dello Sport. "Hence, there is no negotiation."
Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has said previously that he came close to selling Balotelli to an unnamed English club before the World Cup.
And while confirming that a bid is yet to be received, the club, crucially, did not rule out selling their star striker before window closes.
Indeed, Galliani left the Italian's future firmly up in the air when quizzed.
"We will see as the transfer market ends on September 1," he added.
Source: Daily Mirror
, mario balotelli
Submit your views in the box below. Alternatively, you can debate these issues with fellow fans on our Message Boards or blog about them on The Kop
The views expressed here are not those of Liverpool Football Club (read more)