This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.
Liverpool have agreed a £16m fee with AC Milan to sign former Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli.
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers wants the Italy international, 24, to strengthen his attack after last season's top scorer Luis Suarez joined Barcelona.
Balotelli moved to Milan for £19m from City last year and has scored 30 goals in 54 games for the Serie A club.
Liverpool travel to Etihad Stadium in their next Premier League match on Monday.
Negotiations are still taking place to agree terms with the player, but Balotelli has already said his farewells in Italy.
Milan said in a statement on their website: "Mario Balotelli left Milanello's sporting centre at 13:30 local time, after saying goodbye to his teammates."
Before leaving the premises, the striker has said goodbye to members of Milan's press office."
Balotelli was a big hit with City supporters during his first spell in England, helping the club win a first league title since 1968.But he was also in the headlines for several off-the-pitch incidents - including a training-ground bust-up with then-manager Roberto Mancini.
In his second season in Manchester, he scored only three goals in 20 games.
The striker agreed a four-and-a-half-year deal with Milan in January 2013, and played for Italy at the World Cup in Brazil.
He was heavily linked with Arsenal earlier in the summer, but after bringing in Alexis Sanchez from Barcelona for £35m, Arsene Wenger ruled out signing another forward.