Liverpool have agreed a fee with Newcastle United for the transfer of Jose Enrique - but how much do you know about the defender? We attempt to bring you up to speed with 10 interesting facts.
1. Jose Enrique Sanchez Diaz was born in Valencia on January 23, 1986. He shares a birthday with Newcastle defender Steven Taylor.
2. He's nicknamed 'El Toro' (The Bull) due to his speed and physical prowess. He explains: "The nickname was given to me by a teammate in the Spanish U21s, Juanfran. It is a nickname that does not bother me; on the contrary, it is a compliment."
3. Enrique was selected as Newcastle's official Player of the Season for 2009-10 having been voted for by fans on the club's official website.
4. He was also named in the Championship's PFA Team of the Season for 2009-10 alongside Andy Carroll after the pair excelled in the Toon Army's promotion push.
5. As a youngster, Enrique had to choose between pursuing a livelihood in either sprinting or football having been a member of Valencia's Benimaclet running club. Suffice to say, speed is one of his main attributes as a full-back.
6. The defender started his career at Levante, impressing for their B team and earning a move to Valencia. However, he was instantly loaned out to Celta Vigo for a season in order to gain senior experience.
7. He joined Villarreal in the summer of 2006 and actually made his first visit to St James' Park that year, figuring for the Yellow Submarines in a pre-season friendly against Newcastle United.
8. Enrique would make a permanent move to Tyneside 12 months later when he signed a five-year deal, with then Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce claiming Newcastle had beaten off competition from Liverpool and Manchester City to land their man.
9. Enrique made 36 appearances for the Toon in 2010-11, all of which came in the Premier League.
10. Enrique has netted just one goal since arriving in England. It came during Newcastle's 2-0 victory over Nottingham Forest in March 2010.