Please click here to download the latest version of Flash Player to view the match centre.
An application to quash the original Hillsborough inquest verdicts is due to be heard at the High Court next Wednesday, it has been confirmed.
The application was made by Attorney General Dominic Grieve earlier this week.
The original inquests into the deaths of 96 fans at Hillsborough on April 15, 1989 recorded verdicts of 'accidental death' - something the families have fought to change.
Mr Grieve said the main basis for the move was new medical evidence, made public in the Hillsborough Independent Panel report in September.
He said the alteration of evidence by the police and other emergency services was also a supporting factor, along with stadium safety.
Trevor Hicks, who lost two teenage daughters at Hillsborough, said: "We are pleased with this progress.
"We've had the truth come out, and now the justice is starting to happen. We always felt the original verdicts were wrong."
The application is due to be heard on 19 December by the Chief Justice Lord Judge and two other judges in London - subject to any applications by 'interested parties' to adjourn.
Author: Liverpoolfc.com Tagged:
Submit your views in the box below. Alternatively, you can debate these issues with fellow fans on our Message Boards or blog about them on The Kop
The views expressed here are not those of Liverpool Football Club (read more)