Liverpool FC and MBNA have today announced a continuation of their longstanding 16-year collaboration and, to celebrate, are launching a competition for UK fans to get their hands on two pairs of tickets for the season finale at Anfield.
MBNA has committed to a new multi-year deal with the Club, which will see the UK credit card provider of the year* remain the Official Credit Card Partner of Liverpool Football Club in the UK until the end of the 2018/2019 season.
As part of the renewal, MBNA is offering UK-based LFC fans the opportunity to watch the Reds in action in the final game of the season against Newcastle on Sunday, 11 May 2014.
To be in with the chance of winning one of two pairs of tickets to the season finale, fans simply need to answer the following question and email it, along with a contact email address and contact telephone number, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What was the final score when Liverpool last hosted Newcastle at Anfield (2012/13 season)?
Terms apply (see below) and the competition runs between noon on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 and midnight on Monday, 5 May 2014.
Winning tickets to the final game of the season is just one example of how MBNA brings fans closer to the club they love. Since the relationship began, the Official Credit Card Partner of LFC has also offered fans the chance to enjoy a training day at the Club's official training ground, Melwood; to be the official LFC team mascot; and to get their hands on signed LFC shirts, simply by spending on their credit cards.
Billy Hogan, Chief Commercial Officer, Liverpool Football Club commented, "Liverpool FC and MBNA have worked together in partnership for over 16 years, and it's fantastic that this is set to continue until 2018. Through our relationship we've been able to bring the Club closer to the fans and it's fantastic that with MBNA, we're able to carry on giving fans such exclusive LFC rewards and giveaways. At Liverpool FC, we have a number of strong and successful long-term relationships with partners, which are all really important to us as a Club."
Michael Donald, Marketing and Commercial Executive for MBNA, said:"We have an immense sense of pride in our relationship with Liverpool FC and we are delighted that tens of thousands of UK fans choose to carry the Liverpool FC Credit Card - and bear the badge of the Club - in their wallets every day. As a company, we want to make life easier for fans to show their support for Club and colours through the credit card programme, while at the same time offering them the chance to take advantage of some money can't buy competitions and rewards."
MBNA was recently the main sponsor of the Celebration of the 96 charity game, with all sponsorship proceeds being split between the Hillsborough Family Support Group (HFSG) and Liverpool FC Foundation, the Club's official charity. MBNA also arranged for Liverpool fan Jack Topping to sing "You'll Never Walk Alone" to the packed Anfield Stadium.
* MBNA named Credit Card Provider of the Year after a vote among UK consumers, in the Consumer Moneyfacts Awards 2014. MBNA's range of credit cards is available at http://www.mbna.co.uk.
Prize draw rules:
1. The period of the promotion will be from noon on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 to midnight on Monday, 5 May 2014.
2. Entry is restricted to one per person.
3. The Prize Draw will take place on Tuesday, 6 May 2014. Two winners will be picked at random with the winners to be contacted by telephone and email on Wednesday, 7 May 2014.
4. Each winner will receive one pair of tickets for Liverpool FC v Newcastle United on Sunday, 11 May 2014. There is no cash alternative.
5. All winners must be based in the UK and be either over the age of 16 or accompanied by an adult.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include any ancillary costs and expenses associated with the prize, including but not limited to any subsistence, accommodation and travel. The winner and guest shall be fully responsible for all such costs.
7. Those involved in the promotion and execution of the draw, employees of MBNA Limited, employees of Liverpool Football Club Limited, and their families or agents are not eligible to enter.
8. The promoters of the draw are MBNA Limited and Liverpool Football Club Limited, Anfield Road, Liverpool L4 0TH.
9. The names of the winners will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Liverpool FC Credit Card Offer, Business Development, MBNA Limited, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9FB. The decision of a promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. By participating in this promotion participants agree to be bound by these rules and any other applicable requirements, including those set out in any promotional material.