LFC OFFICIAL MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR 2016/17
("Terms and Conditions")
1. In these Terms and Conditions: "the Club" means Liverpool Football Club; "Ground" means the football stadium and all other locations owned, occupied or utilised by the Club.
2. These Terms and Conditions are published and maintained on the Club's website at www.liverpoolfc.com/membership/terms-conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, in the case of discrepancy between the Terms and Conditions published on the Club's website from time to time and any issued hard copy of the Terms and Conditions, the Terms and Conditions published on the Club's website shall prevail.
Ordering a Membership and Activation
3. By entering into the Membership Contract (as defined below) you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Members match tickets are for the use of supporters of the Club only. By applying for an LFC Official Membership and/or using the same, you hereby warrant and represent that you are a supporter of the Club. Please note that you may be asked to provide proof of address at any point in the application process and/or season. This must be in printed format, i.e., a utility/mobile phone bill or a bank statement and an original document, which will be returned to you in due course photocopies cannot be accepted.
4. Save as detailed below, Membership Benefits commence immediately on receipt of the confirmation email. Upon joining or renewing Membership, Members will receive a letter of notification this may take up to 4 weeks to deliver for UK Members and up to 6 weeks for overseas Members. All Members (excluding Light Members) will receive a Membership Pack, please note the contents of the pack may vary depending on stock availability. Please note that you must wait 24 hours for your Membership to activate before you will be eligible to apply for purchase tickets in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Retail discount can take up to 72 hours to activate.
Term and Cancellation
5. LFC Official Membership (the "Membership") is a seasonal membership scheme from 1st June 2016 until 31st May 2017 and constitutes a binding contract between you and the Club ("the Membership Contract"). The Membership Contract is starts on receipt of the confirmation email.
6. You will have 14 days from the start of your Membership Contract to cancel the Membership Contract. In the event that you do cancel within 14 days, the Club will be entitled to a refund or return of any use by you of the Membership Benefits, including any match tickets you have purchased during that time.
If you choose to cancel after 14 days, you will not be entitled to a refund of the cost of your Membership, including in respect of any unexpired portion of the Membership. If you have match tickets, you will be obliged to return those to us for a refund.
If you elected to pay by direct debit and/or have signed up to Auto Renewal when entering into the Membership Contract then you will have 14 days from the date of Auto Renewal confirmation to cancel your Membership Contract. In the event that you do cancel within 14 days, the Club will be entitled to a refund or return of any use by you of the Membership Benefits, including any match tickets you have purchased during that time.
To cancel your Membership please contact the Customer Experience department on 0151 264 2500.
7. It is the Member's responsibility to inform the Club of any change of name and provide printed proof of the new details. To inform the Club of any change of address please login to 'My Account' at www.liverpoolfc.com/my-account/login or contact Customer Services on +44(0)151 264 2500. The Club cannot accept responsibility for non-receipt of Membership Packs or mailings. One duplicate pack may be requested for non-receipt only. After this no further packs will be sent.
8. The cost of LFC Official Membership is available online at www.liverpoolfc.com/membership ("the Fee").
Membership can be paid for in GB, Euro or US Dollars. You can compare the costs of Membership in alternative currencies. All Currency rates are based on various publicly available sources and should be used as guidelines only. Rates are not verified as accurate, and actual rates may vary. Currency quotes are not updated every day. Check the date on the Currency Converter for the day that currency was last updated. The information supplied by this application is believed to be accurate, but the Club and/or its suppliers do not warrant or guarantee such accuracy. When using this information for any financial purpose, the Club advises you to consult a qualified professional to verify the accuracy of the currency rates. The Club its affiliates and/or their suppliers do not authorise the use of this information for any purpose other than personal use and prohibit to the maximum extent allowable the resale, redistribution, and use of this information for commercial purposes.
You must pay the Fee applicable to the Membership you have subscribed for, in accordance with the fee plan notified to you at the time of registration.
Unless otherwise stated, charges are inclusive of VAT and any other taxes applicable from time to time.
Import duties and local taxes are NOT included in the quoted price of goods being delivered to outside the EU. In this case you will be responsible for the payment of any and all import duties and local taxes including any administration charges upon receipt.
You may pay the Fee in a number of ways:
(i) Credit/Debit card
The Fee will be automatically billed against the credit/debit card number that you provide in the registration form. Payment may be made by any of the following credit, debit or prepaid cards: Visa, MasterCard or Visa Delta.
(ii) Direct Debit
Please note that we are not accepting new applications for payment by direct debit. If you elected to pay by direct debit we will debit the bank account which you provided the details of in the registration form. The amounts to be debited will be as set out in the fee plan notified to you. If at any time the debit instruction fails we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your Membership until payment is received.
(iii) Gift Voucher
You can purchase a Voucher from any of our Club stores.
We will notify you by email that we have processed your payment of the Fee and inform you that you are a Member. The email message will constitute our acceptance of your Membership application. Our acceptance of your order will be deemed complete and received by you at the time and date we send the email, which time and date is specified on the email. We accept no responsibility for you not actually receiving the email, for reasons outside our control.
If you elected to pay by direct debit and/or have signed up to Auto Renewal when entering into the Membership Contract then, unless you have cancelled in the meantime, you will be sent an e-mail before the end of your Membership offering you the opportunity to cancel, supply alternative payment details or continue your Membership. If you choose not to cancel or respond to this e-mail then your annual subscription will be automatically renewed using existing payment details.
If your payment details have expired then we shall notify you by email and request revised payment instructions. Your failure to reply will lead to your subscription expiring and your Membership being terminated.
9. A Member shall be entitled to the benefits upon presentation of the Members Card which vary dependent upon Membership type. All benefits are specified in full on www.liverpoolfc.com/membership/benefits/benefits.
10. Benefit Terms and Conditions
10.1 10% discount on full price purchases in our six Club stores and online store (www.liverpoolfc.com/store): In order to obtain your discount in the Club Store, you may be asked to produce another form of picture identification, such as the new style driving licence or passport. Please note that sale items are excluded and 10% Membership discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount. Offer does not apply to any other affiliated online stores. 10% discount is not available for Little Liver Members.
10.2 (Full, International, Mighty Red and Teen Red Members only) 30% off Anfield Stadium Tour & Museum ticket, 20% off a Legends Tour and 20% off an Anfield Experience and Ultimate Anfield Experience. You can claim your discount by using the unique codes supplied within the Membership benefits in the Members' Area and confirmation email. If you are unable to locate your code please contact Customer Services on 0151 264 2500.
10.3 (Full, International, Mighty Red and Teen Red Members only) 20% off food at the Boot Room Sports Cafe at Anfield: Membership card to be presented on ordering food. 10% discount not available on drinks.
10.4 (Full, Teen Red and International Membership holders only) 12 months for the price of 9 LFCTV GO. Full details in Membership Pack. Code must be activated by 30th April 2016.
10.5 (All Members except Little Livers) Adults receive half price entry and children receive free entry to all Liverpool Ladies FC matches. Membership card to be presented on arrival in order to gain entry.
10.6 (Mighty Red and Teen Red Members only) You will receive a birthday card and a Christmas card from LFC if your birthday or Christmas (as applicable) falls within the term of your Membership.
11.1 The issue of match tickets by the Club is governed by the Home Match Ticket Conditions of Issue and Away Match Ticket Conditions of Issue (as applicable) which are available here www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/ticket-terms
11.2 Full, Light, Mighty Red and Teen Red Members only will be given the opportunity to apply for Barclays Premier League home match tickets before tickets go on general sale to the public. The availability of Barclays Premier League home match tickets will be declared by the Club and sold in one instalment in July and one instalment in November. Any remaining tickets will be declared on a match-by-match basis. Eligibility for tickets may require pre-requisite attendance of previous matches. Tickets may be purchased via online systems only. Nothing in these terms and conditions constitutes or implies any guarantee of entitlement to a ticket, seat or access to any area of the Ground. Only one ticket may be purchased per qualifying Membership card.
11.3 Full, Light, Mighty Red and Teen Red Members only will be given the opportunity to enrol into the Auto Cup Ticket Scheme. Please note this is subject to availability. Details of the Auto Cup Ticket Scheme are available at www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/auto-cup-ticket-scheme
11.4 No guarantees can be given by the Club that a Match will take place at a particular time or on a particular date. The Club reserves the right to reschedule any Match without notice and without any liability whatsoever. The Club will have no further liability whatsoever, including (but not limited to) any direct or consequential loss or damage, loss of enjoyment or travel costs.
11.5 The Club reserves the right to vary the manner or system in which match tickets are to be sold, upon reasonable notice being given. LFC Official Membership Members aged 16 and under can only attend matches accompanied by an LFC Official Membership Member aged 18 or above.
11.6 If the remittance tendered in payment of LFC Official Membership or tickets shall be dishonoured or in any other way refused (other than by the Club), the relevant Member shall be liable to pay the Club's administrative charge, which the Club may inform the Member in writing from time to time; and any bank or other similar charge incurred by the Club. As a result, the LFC Official Membership shall be immediately withdrawn.
11.7 To attend matches as a group, each Member of the group must be an LFC Official Membership Member. Applications for each Member's ticket may be made by one Member on behalf of the rest of the group whether by telephone or online. A maximum of four tickets may be applied for per group booking. Only one LFC Official Membership is permitted per person.
11.8 Season Ticket Holders will not be entitled to purchase additional match tickets by purchasing an LFC Official Membership.
12. Without prejudice to any other remedies it may have, the Club shall have the right in the case of any serious or persistent breach of these Terms & Conditions to cancel and withdraw your LFC Official Membership. In the event of such cancellation no refund will be paid in respect of any unexpired portion of the Membership. Without prejudice to the general nature of the above, the following actions shall constitute serious breach of the Terms & Conditions:-
(i) smoking within the Ground;
(ii) persistent standing in seated areas whilst a match is in progress;
(iii) sale or transfer (save as permitted) of this LFC Official Membership to any person;
(iv) deliberate misuse of the LFC Official Membership;
(v) the supply of any misleading or incorrect information in any application including date of birth;
(vi) persistent swearing during a match;
(vii) the throwing of any object within the Ground without lawful authority or excuse;
(viii) the chanting of anything of an indecent, racist and/or discriminatory nature
(ix) breach of the terms of any LFC Official Membership;
(x) being or appearing to be drunk or intoxicated within the Ground;
(xi) any failure to pay or default of payment in respect of any sums owing to the Club (or any third party) in respect of this LFC Official Membership.
13. The Club is committed to preventing discrimination in all its fields of operation and within its stadium, providing an environment free from racial abuse, harassment, bullying and victimisation. Any Member engaging in such abuse or harassment will have their LFC Official Membership confiscated and be banned from attending future games involving Liverpool Football Club. No refunds will be issued. In the event that your LFC Official Membership is withdrawn or cancelled, the Club reserves the right to exclude you from any LFC Official Membership scheme maintained or organised by the Club and/or to disqualify you from applying for any match ticket at its discretion. The Club reserves the right to suspend the use of the Members Card and all associated benefits for a period of time or to withdraw its use in the event of misuse or if abused in any way or in the event of a breach of any of the terms and conditions and Club regulations; or in the event of any abusive, dangerous or other unacceptable behaviour by the Member, or if the Member is prohibited by law from attending any football ground.
14. You shall not bring into (or use within) the stadium any equipment which is capable of recording or transmitting (by digital or other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any information or data in relation to a match or any aspect of it. Any person acting in breach of this provision may have such equipment confiscated and/or will be required to deliver up any tapes, films, disks or other recordings or data to the Premier League and/or the Club and the copyright in any such recording or transmission is hereby assigned (by way of present assignment of future copyright pursuant to section 91 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) to the Premier League. Mobile telephones are permitted within the stadium, provided that they are used for personal and private use only.
15. Save for official Club merchandise and/or other football related clothing worn in good faith, you shall not bring into, use or display within the Stadium any sponsorship, promotional or marketing materials.
16. You shall not offer or distribute (either free or for sale by any person) within the Ground any consumer article or commercial product of any nature. For the avoidance of doubt this clause shall not prevent the lawful distribution of text publications in any format where both the content and the publication are lawful in all respects and do not in the Club's reasonable opinion constitute a threat to public order.
17. Your Members Card must be available at all games for inspection by officials and security staff of the Club and the police. The Club reserves the right to refuse admission or eject from the Ground any person who fails to comply with the Terms & Conditions of Entry. Please ensure you carry proof of your name and address with you while you are at the Ground as random spot-checks may be undertaken.
18. Members Card and/or receipts are issued for your sole use. You shall not re-sell, assign, transfer or lend the Members Card and/or receipts or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior consent of the Club. For the avoidance of doubt (and by way of example only) the Members Card and/or receipts issued to you may not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition nor transferred, lent or sold to any third party as part of a hospitality or travel package, save as expressly authorised by the FA Premier League Limited or the Club.
19. You may only re-sell or transfer the Members Card and/or receipts with the express consent of the Club, given at the Club's absolute discretion. No such resale or transfer will be permitted except where the same takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of a ticket to that Match and such lending does not take place during the course of any business.
20. The unauthorised sale or disposal of tickets is a criminal offence under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as amended by the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006. The Club will inform the police, the Premier League, UEFA and/or other clubs when it becomes aware that tickets are being sold illegally and will press for charges to be brought against those breaking this law.
21. The Club reserves the right to suspend the use of the Members Card and all associated benefits for a period of time or to withdraw its use in the event of misuse or if abused in any way or in the event of a breach of any of the terms and conditions and Club regulations; or in the event of any abusive, dangerous or other unacceptable behaviour by the member, or if the member is prohibited by law from attending any football ground.
22. If your Members Card is lost, the Membership Office must be notified at once. Contact details are: Membership Services, PO BOX 204, Liverpool, L69 3JY. Telephone: +44(0)151 264 2500. There will be an administration charge of £10.00 for the replacement card. Only one replacement card will be issued per Member per season. In the event that your Members Card is stolen, the Member should report this to the Membership Office immediately and the relevant crime number should be quoted in all correspondence with the Club.
23 In the event that you forget your Membership Card in respect of any individual Match, the Club shall not be obliged to admit you or issue any other form of ticket for that Match. If a match-day duplicate ticket is issued, the Club may require payment of a non-refundable administration charge
A maximum of three match day duplicate tickets can be issued over the season, after which, no further duplicates will be issued
24. The Club shall not have any liability to the registered Member in respect of any failure to carry out or delay in carrying out any of its obligations under these terms and conditions, including admitting the Member to the Ground for a particular match, caused by fire, flood, accident, strikes or other industrial action, refusals to grant any licenses or permissions or any circumstances outside its reasonable control.
25. Except in respect of death or personal injury resulting from any negligence of the Club, neither Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Limited nor any of its officers, employees or agents shall be responsible for (whether in tort, contract or otherwise):
(i) any loss, damage or injury to you or to any property belonging to you in or upon or around the Ground or any car park, resulting from any cause whatsoever;
(ii) for any loss of profit, loss of use, loss of opportunity or any indirect, economic or consequential losses whatsoever; and/or
(iii) any losses arising from any cancellation, postponement or rearrangement of including but not being limited to any indirect or consequential loss or damage, loss of enjoyment or travel/accommodation costs.
Neither the Premier League nor the Club shall be responsible for any interruptions and/or restrictions to the view of a match caused by virtue of (i) the position of the seat and/or (ii) the actions of other spectator
26. If you have any complaints in relation to the LFC Official Membership please contact Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Limited, (VAT Number 325195756) Membership Services, PO BOX 1959, Liverpool, L69 3JY
28. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.