Standard Chartered Fan of the Month and Standard Chartered Fan of the Season Competition Terms and Conditions for Gambia
1. These Terms & Conditions apply to residents of Gambia only. If you are not a resident of Gambia, please go to [http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/fans/standard-chartered-fan-of-the-month/terms-and-conditions-2] for the applicable Terms & Conditions.
3. By entering into the Competition, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. In addition, you are representing that the details you have provided are true and complete. Shortlisted entrants may be asked to verify their entries. The Bank reserves the right not to award a prize (and to select an alternative winner) if the Bank is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that a winner is not eligible at any point in the Competition or has provided false information.
4. The Competition is open to residents of Bangladesh, Brunei, Gambia, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, India, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Malaysia, Pakistan, People's Republic of China, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom only. The Bank reserves the right not to award a prize (and to select an alternative winner) if the Bank is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that a winner is not a resident of the countries listed above, Employees of the Bank and its agent, OMD International (the "Agent") may enter the Competition, unless they are directly involved in the management or promotion of the Competition may enter.
5. The Competition is open to all age groups but if you are under 18, you will need the permission of your parents or legal guardians to enter into the Competition and these Terms and Conditions. If you are under 18 and have not obtained such permission then the Bank reserves the right to withdraw your entry or any prizes that you may otherwise have been awarded.
6. The Competition will consist of 2 Phases:
(A) Phase 1: Fan of the Month
(B) Phase 2: Fan of the Season
(A) Phase 1: Fan of the Month
(i) You may nominate anyone (including yourself) whom you think should win Fan of the Month by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing (1) a story in no more than 250 words explaining why you, or the person you are nominating, should win Fan of the Month; (2) picture/pictures or video/videos to support your nomination; and (3) contact information consisting of telephone number and email address. Entries will be shortlisted on a monthly basis. Shortlisted entrants will be notified and may be asked to verify their entry. The shortlisted entrants will then be judged by the judging panel, which is made up of representatives of Liverpool Football Club ("LFC"), the Bank and the Agent. The panel will rate their favourite entries, and unless the decision is unanimous, the winner will be the entry with the highest rating across the panel. The decision by the panel will be final.
(ii) If you have nominated or featured another person in your entry, please make sure you have obtained their permission to do so. If you have been nominated in an entry and wish to withdraw from the Competition, or if you are featured in an entry and do not wish to be featured, please contact the Bank at email@example.com.
(iii) Phase 1 of the Competition will commence on Tuesday 30 August, at 15:00 hours British Standard time and end on 4 April 2012 at 11:59hrs, British Standard time.
(iv) Entries will be valid for all months during the Competition ([September] 2011 to April 2012). Participants do not have to re-enter each month to be considered for each Fan of the Month. Any substantially similar submissions will result in previous submission entries being removed. Winners of Fan of the Month will automatically be entered into phase 2: Fan of the Season.
(v) Each winner of Fan of the Month will be contacted via the email or telephone details given as part of the submission by a representative of the Bank to confirm acceptance of the prize. The Bank will require a postal address in order to deliver the prize. Delivery of the prize is free of charge.
(vi) Upon notification by email or telephone, the winner will have three (3) days to respond and accept the prize. If the winner fails to accept the prize within three (3) days, the Bank reserves the right to select another entry as the winner. If this should happen, no alternative prize will be offered to the original winner. However, the entry would remain open for consideration in future months (if applicable).
(vii) Each winner of Fan of the Month will receive an engraved (with the winner's name) 'Standard Chartered Fan of the Month' trophy and a Liverpool FC official jersey of their choice (from the current home, away or 3rd shirt). The winner's story will also feature in one (1) match day programme ad and on other Bank and LFC channels as the Bank deems appropriate.
(B) Phase 2: Fan of the Season
(i) Each winner of Fan of the Month will be automatically entered into Fan of the Season.
(ii) The entries of all winners of Fan of the Month will be posted on the Channels and open for voting by the public. The winner of Fan of the Season will be the Fan of the Month who receives the most votes. The winner of Fan of the Season will be contacted by a representative of the Bank by 20th April 2012.
(iii) Phase 2 will commence on 6th and end on 20th April 2012. The winner of Fan of the Season will be announced on 5th May 2012.
(iv) The winner of Fan of the Season will receive: (a) an engraved (with the winner's name) 'Standard Chartered Fan of the Season' trophy; (b) two (2) tickets to the Liverpool FC v Chelsea FC match with hospitality on 5th May 2012 in Liverpool, United Kingdom (date and venue is subject to change); (c) transport or flights (economy class) to and from the city of residence of the winner and Liverpool for the winner and one (1) guest; and (d) accommodation for two (2) nights in Liverpool for the winner and one (1) guest. If the winner of the Fan of the Season is aged below 18 years, (s)he must be accompanied by a parent or guardian aged over 18 years.
(v) The winner of Fan of the Season is solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas. Travel and other insurances are not included in the prize, and the winner is strongly advised to take out insurance cover for all appropriate risks. All other expenses incurred in addition to the prize components expressly set out in clause 5(B)(iv) are at the sole expense of the winner and/or his/her companion. The Bank is not responsible for any consequences, including costs incurred, if the winner's or his/her companion's visa application is rejected or unavailable in time and reserves the right to withdraw the prize if, for any reason, the winner is unable to travel or attend the match.
7. Prizes are non-transferable and subject to availability. The Bank reserves the right to substitute alternative prizes which may not be of equivalent value at any time by giving notice on http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/fans/standard-chartered-fan-of-the-month or otherwise notifying the relevant winners.
8. By submitting your entry for the Competition and/or posting any content on the Channels (whether photos, videos, blogs, discussions, comments or other material) (the "Content"), you:
a. confirm that the Content is personal to, and relates specifically to, you or your nominee, and warrant that the Content will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, harassing or threatening;
b. agree that LFC, the Bank, any member of the Bank group and/or the Agent may use, publish, modify, adapt, rework, broadcast and reproduce the Content without limitation worldwide and in any and all media for the purpose of operating and promoting the Competition;
c. agree that any moral rights you have in the Content is or will be waived to the fullest extent possible and that any moral rights that a third party may have in the Content is or will be so waived.
9. All promotional images produced by LFC, the Bank, any member of the Bank group and/or the Agent associated with the Competition, entrants, winners and prizes will be the property of the Bank. The Bank reserves the right to publicize the names of winners, their photographs and their audio and/or visual recordings in periodicals (for example, the LFC Matchday Programmes and LFC Magazine), the Channels, the official websites of the Bank and/or any member of the Bank group, or at the venue of the Liverpool FC v Chelsea FC match on 5 May 2012.
10. The winners may be required to participate in public relations events to generate press coverage for the Competition. This may include without limitation quotes given by the winners for inclusion in press releases, attendance at prize giving ceremonies, press conferences, interviews.
11. You agree that personal information collected by the Bank about you can be used by the Bank, and also disclosed to, and used by, such persons who are involved in operating or promoting the Competition (including LFC, the Agent and operators or service providers relating to the Channels).
12. Your personal information may be disclosed to other branches or companies in the Bank group for the operation or promotion of the Competition. Such disclosure may require the transfer of your personal information to parties located in countries that do not offer the same level of data protection as your resident country. However, the Bank will take steps to ensure that parties to whom your personal information is transferred treat your personal information securely and confidentially and only use such personal information for the purposes set out herein. Other than as set out in this paragraph 10 and this paragraph 11, your personal information will not be shared with any third party for any other purposes, including marketing.
13. Your personal information will be retained by the Bank for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist the Bank with any queries which might arise in relation to the Competition, and will be deleted thereafter.
14. You acknowledge that the Bank does not own, control or host the Channels and the relevant privacy notices found at the respective Channels will apply.
15. The Bank is not responsible for Content posted by entrants or for any comments made by members of the public in relation to the entrants or their Content posted on the Channels. All opinions and comments expressed by users of the Channels, are expressed in their individual capacities and not as representatives of the Bank, the Agents or LFC. If an opinion and comment is offensive, libellous or slanderous the Bank (or its agents) will use all reasonable endeavours to remove such a comment or opinion upon being notified of the same in writing subject to the terms and policies of the Channels.
16. The Bank is not responsible for entries to the Competition that cannot be processed due to any technical or operational reasons. Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, incomplete, for any reason whatsoever, will not be eligible. The Bank, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the Competition process or the operation of the Channels.
17. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that the Bank, the Bank group, LFC and Agent cannot accept responsibility, under any circumstances and in any way, for any errors or omissions, loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered as a result of your entry in the Competition or any Content posted on the Channels associated with the Competition.
18. If you are in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions the Bank may immediately withdraw your entry in the Competition. The Bank's decision shall be final.
19. The Bank reserves the right to cancel or change any elements (including dates) of the Competition at any time if it feels it appropriate to do so due to technical, unauthorized human intervention or any other reason by notifying any such cancellation or change on http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/fans/standard-chartered-fan-of-the-month or otherwise notifying the relevant entrants.
20. "Standard Chartered", "Standard Chartered Bank", , are the registered trade marks of Standard Chartered PLC and no permission or licence is granted to use any such trade marks without the prior written consent of Standard Chartered PLC.
21. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Gambia and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the court of Gambia.